Is Life Worth Living?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never thought about what the Christian point of view would be.

Mine is also worth living - especially since I know the secret.(s)

Do not worry
Cast your cares
Nothing is impossible for God
Ask and receive
Believe and receive
Give Him your burdens
Delight in Him
God works for good
He will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on him...

You get the picture...
But, I do want to go home - but, I always make the best of any situation, always.
Anyway, wherever you are, there you are.
:) Miss Hepburn

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I don't know if that's a secret Miss Hepburn but its definatly the way to be.

Life is for living, it is a God given gift, don't squander it.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey! Life does tend to be wearing! As Christians we should long for home, but until Jesus calls us there we are to work for the Kingdom!
There are so many who haven't heard the Gospel, this is our job. Also there are many in need, physically, emotionally and financially. We help wherever we can and show the world Jesus by doing it!
So, yeah, life IS worth living, and even in times when we long for heaven we need to remember this:
Every moment, every day that the world ticks on, another soul is being welcomed into eternity with Jesus! Thats worth it, don't you think!!
Rach

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
This may be long, and I may ramble as is my habit. My spelling isn't great either, please bear with me.

In pursuit of my many interests I pose this question alot. While the things I do develop my mind and my body the "big picture of things" keeps popping up.

In the end what is the result of our endevours? When I die what will happen to all my skills and my hard work? What will it account for? I picture myself as an old man with many talents. (If I maybe be so arrogant to suggest that I might be talented, or even maybe one day talented, or even expect that I might grow old). What's left at the end? The things of my life will die with me. They might be remembered for a while until the generations that knew me die and I'm forgotten.

Sometimes I feel guilty for enjoying my life. Sometimes I look and think that there's a million other things I should be doing. Maybe missionary work, helping the poor and homeless. All kinds of charities that need help.

I compare everything to what I percieve God wants for his kingom, I compare myself to others. Sometimes I seriously want the end of the world to come just to put an end to all the stupid stuff of the world. Sometimes I want the end to come just because I'm lazy, and sometimes I'm just tired of beating myself up for all the things that I think I should to help the Kingdom of God progress.

Now, here's the truth as I see it.

All of the things I do are for one way or another the Glory of God.

If I take the time to develop the skills of my hands that God has given me, God is glorified because of the glorious way He made me. If I take the time to persue certain skills and further take care of my health, God is glorified. My body is not going to waste as I sit and do nothing.

In all my endeavors I'm taken to many places and have met many people. I've made some great friends and I've been given a great family. I have a great wife, and 2 great kids. IMHO, the world is a better place now that the Lord has seen fit to give them to me.

God has made a path for me and has planned everything.

If I sat and did nothing (as I did for years), I wouldn't have met many of the people I have met. Everywhere I've been God has been able to use me in one way or another. These things may seem so small and insignifigant, But they make lasting positive effects on the person who was helped.

Something so small as a smile and holding the door open for someone might even keep them from commiting suicide. A positive word or a caring gesture or even wise advise sticks with people for a long time. Every life might be affected by something you do, and those positive things cary on from you, to them, and to others. Making life more enjoyable, peaceful and loving than it was just moments before.

To me, that's worth living, and gives purpose and hope. This life is a gift and there's no reason why we shouldn't enjoy it, and see the worthiness of doing something kind. The end all be all is Jesus, and the end all be all of goals is to spend eternity with the Lord and others in peace and love. If there's something we can do to help get one person one step closer, then it's worth it.