Is the Easter Bunny a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

• Total voters

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not as many people believe in the Easter Bunny as they do Santa Clause... Hmm I wonder why. Their both as fraudulent as each other and they both require you to lie to children.

So to me their the same... Frauds... Taking the attention from our true saviour... Christ
No...they are working all things together--even what men meant for evil, for good for those who love Him according to His purpose. They point to the gospels, and have non-Christians going to church on those days more than any other time. Very much like what God does.

Oh, and they also point out who the real frauds are, who don't actually know the ways of the God.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No...they are working all things together--even what men meant for evil, for good for those who love Him according to His purpose. They point to the gospels, and have non-Christians going to church on those days more than any other time. Very much like what God does.

Oh, and they also point out who the real frauds are.

Some kids will not believe in God after being lied to about Santa, the Bunny, the toothfairy and such frauds. Lying is an inexcusable sin

Reactions: JohnPaul and TLHKAJ

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what I said but
Gods plans does not involve lies such as the Bunny
You are only showing your lack of knowledge about God...

Did God not involve Joseph in a lie meant for evil by his brothers? Of course He did.

And how is it that you do not know that, that evil would-be bunny has been defeated and holds no power?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your advocating lying to children
Nowadays it is not just about lying to children. The plan is that they must be thoroughly perverted and confused (in bodies, souls, and spirits). Right now - even at this very minute -- there is a very serious demonic agenda to destroy kids, either through bogus vaccines, or through evil indoctrination. If all parents were totally aware, there would not be a single child in any public school in North America. (Canada simply follows the Pied Piper of the USA when it comes to evil). Here are some recent headlines:

GOP Rep Urges Arizonians To ‘HELP STOP SEXUAL GROOMING IN ARIZONA SCHOOLS’

Tucker Carlson: Left’s Grooming of Children in Schools Is About Control Over Family Values

Psaki issues threat to those protecting children from transgender nightmare

Huge Increase In Child Heart Disease Following COVID Vaccination

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're missing the point.

I was not saying that God was not true or that it is He who is known for things like magic--but rather that most learning experiences in the world that come from God, and a ton of scripture has been made manifest in parable "likeness" as His chosen method of introducing His own children to things that make those likenesses foolishness by comparison, not unlike our own use of nursery rhymes. We don't get that from the devil--we get it from God. And the church fathers taking them away from the devil and making them into child's play with a Godly moral, is no sin--it's brilliant. Because it is very much like what God has done for us--working all things together--even what men meant for evil, for good for those who love Him according to His purpose. Such things denote a victory over evil--not for it.

That jolly fat man and that cute little bunny are trophies, conversation pieces leading to the gospel. That is why more non-church-going people go to church on those days than any other.
I'm actually done with this topic, but you're not missing - you're dodging the point.

What parent ever taught their children that Santa, the Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy were just parables?

And what lesson might those parables teach?

Reactions: JohnPaul and TLHKAJ

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nowadays it is not just about lying to children. The plan is that they must be thoroughly perverted and confused (in bodies, souls, and spirits). Right now - even at this very minute -- there is a very serious demonic agenda to destroy kids, either through bogus vaccines, or through evil indoctrination. If all parents were totally aware, there would not be a single child in any public school in North America. (Canada simply follows the Pied Piper of the USA when it comes to evil). Here are some recent headlines:

GOP Rep Urges Arizonians To ‘HELP STOP SEXUAL GROOMING IN ARIZONA SCHOOLS’

Tucker Carlson: Left’s Grooming of Children in Schools Is About Control Over Family Values

Psaki issues threat to those protecting children from transgender nightmare

Huge Increase In Child Heart Disease Following COVID Vaccination

Ye I know but such truths are impossible for some people to handle. That's why I try to feed them little, simple pieces of truth like "it's a lie" for them to better digest.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You forgot to mention Ishtar which is the name most closely phonetic to Easter.
I think you will find that they are all the same goddess under different names in different cultures. All false worship can be traced back to original Babylon, and hence all religions that embrace beliefs that originated in that ancient city, are part of the “greater Babylon” or “Babylon the great” which is identified in Revelation, and with the strict instruction to “get out of her my people”. (Revelation 18:4-5) God is about to mete out the same punishment that he dealt to original Babylon, who thought she would never be overthrown either. (Revelation 18:7)

How did God’s “people” get to be “in” “Babylon the great” to begin with? For the same reason that God’s people were “in” ancient Babylon in the days of the prophet Daniel. God exiled them there for their disobedience to God through his prophet Moses. Christendom too has been exiled in ‘Babylon the great’ for their disobedience to God’s instructions through his son Jesus Christ.

Just as a faithful “remnant” of the Jewish people were liberated from ancient Babylon, so too a remnant of faithful Christians would be freed from Babylon the great, (the devil’s world empire of false religion) to re-establish true worship in “the time of the end”.

That is how I see it.....

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody seems to understand where this fictitious character comes from....
Easter is not mentioned in the Bible for a very good reason.....its the name borrowed from the worship of a fertility goddess whose name is derived from an Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, “Eostre.”...also known as "Astarte"...both pronounced "Easter"....

The egg was a symbol of life and fertility among those honoring this goddess. Eggs were said to be dyed and eaten at the spring festivals in ancient Egypt, Persia, Greece, and Rome.....all were pagan.

The hare has long been a traditional symbol of Easter. (In North America and elsewhere, the animal is a rabbit—a close relative of the hare.) The New Encyclopædia Britannica explains that the hare was “the symbol of fertility in ancient Egypt.” Thus when children hunt for Easter eggs, supposedly brought by the Easter rabbit, “this is not mere child’s play, but the vestige of a fertility rite."

Since the Bible says not to mix true worship with false worship, why does Christendom do this, as if God doesn't care?
He does care....
2 Corinthians 6:14-18...
"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? [the devil] Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,
“I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing;
then I will welcome you,
18 and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.” (ESV)

If we are to "separate" from those who practice these "unclean" things (in order to become God's sons and daughters) who is doing that?
I understand Aunty Jane and have said it plenty of times on other threads.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm actually done with this topic, but you're not missing - you're dodging the point.

What parent ever taught their children that Santa, the Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy were just parables?

And what lesson might those parables teach?
Oooh, it is obvious that some of you must surely have had a truly sad childhood!

Okay, listen up--this is what you missed:

You missed that God allowed Satan to bring into the homes of millions upon millions of non-Christian homes, tales of a happy and loving man from above who sees you when you are sleeping and knows when you are awake, knows when you have been naughty or nice, bearing gifts; and that there are treasures to be found in the field for good little girls and boys...and many saw through it and came to believe in what is real.

And what would Satan hope you did-- he would hope you help him put a stop to those non-Christian parents telling the tales.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oooh, it is obvious that some of you must surely have had a truly sad childhood!
My childhood was a bit sad, but I made the best of it - and we celebrated all the usual/traditional holidays.
You missed that God allowed Satan to bring into the homes of millions upon millions of non-Christian homes, tales of a happy and loving man from above who sees you when you are sleeping and knows when you are awake, knows when you have been naughty or nice, bearing gifts; and that there are treasures to be found in the field for good little girls and boys...and many saw through it and came to believe in what is real.
You've got all this backwards and I tend to think you know that.

All stories that use Biblical concepts, or even Biblical names, are rip-offs of the Bible. That's not just to say they stole plots or names, but they hijacked them. That's what the devil does. He hijacks every good thing God creates and uses it for his purposes.

Ask any kid who Santa is and of course they know.

Ask any kid who God is, or what the Bible teaches about anything similar to the Xmas Fairy Tale, and the vast majority don't have a clue. That's the problem.

All of the Hollywood movies that use names from the Bible aren't just a simple insult to the sacredness of the Book, but they hijack, they overlay, the Truth from Scripture with a fictitious character/story so when you ask somebody who a character in the Bible is, they'll tell you "Oh yeah, that's the character from that movie!" or "That's the character from my video game!"

Santa, the Easter bunny or Tooth Fairy don't teach kids anything about the Bible. They supplant the Bible; they take the place of it in their minds.

Do you see how the devil builds over top of God's Truth, to bury it, so that the upcoming generations don't learn the True stories, or source, of that Biblical information?

Of course you don't.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Easter fast approaching I thought I would ask this question. When I asked it of Santa Clause I found about half of the voters voted yes and half voted no.

My sister and I never had the Easter Bunny but my arguments are the same as with Santa Clause... Their both frauds

- We are lying to children
- They take the focus away from Christ
- By definition they are frauds

So then... What do you think?
Since you grew up without these things perhaps it is easier for you to view them in the harshest possible light than it would be for those who are accustomed to their observance.

What do you think Christ meant when He said to His disciples:

Joh 16:12 KJV I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

You may be perfectly within your right to confront this practice as being dishonest, however:

1Co 10:23 KJV All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

You might be interested in the concept of progressive revelation.