Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the elephant in the room that no one seem to want to address.

my question still stands. if there is a second person in the Godhead, and God is one Spirit, how much of the second person brought with him when he dwelt in flesh on earth? well....

was it 1/3 of the spirit, or was it all of God the Spirit, or none... :eek: YIKES!

anyone can answer, it's open.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's ashame how christians, suppose to be followers of Christ, have been duped by satan in believing a lie. God is one person, a three person God is idolatry by definition.

PICJAG

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one question for you, if they are eternally distinct, why do the bible say only JESUS is the only eternal one... listen, 1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;"
1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

only means: 1. and no one or nothing more besides; solely or exclusively. 2. alone of its or their kind; single or solitary.

now can you explain why the bible say only JESUS has immortality... or he's the only eternal ONE.

looking to hear your reply.

PICJAG

That statement seems to be saying that Jesus is the source of human immortality--not that he alone, as a Person of the Trinity, is God. All 3 Persons of the Trinity share the same divine substance, and as such, each Person is the eternal God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you error, did you not hear what Jesus said, a resurrected body is not a natural body, the marks is not the body. the marks is there for your beliefs. but a resurredted body don't have blood.

Now Christophany give me just "ONE" scripture where Jesus have any blood in him right now.

do you know what blood is for? listen, Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

now do our Lord have any blood? just one scripture will do.

I'll be looking for your scripture,

PICJAG

Jhn 5:26, For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No trinity, but just one God who became flesh?
sho, will you quit being so cryptic and tedious, and just come out and say what you are trying to say?
It will be more expedient for everyone if you just lay down your Christology, justify it Scripturally, and then let others reply in a more pertinent and focused manner.
It sounds like you are a modalist, that you feel that the Father is both Jesus the Son, and the Holy Ghost?
This is your second post on the matter (that I've seen), and both your OPs are sparse and elusive, and you barely replied to your first thread on this subject.
You need to start showing a bit more acumen in order to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is three persons but God only has one essence, one will, one action.
Hi Mungo, your statement above is rather confusing? Could you please define what a person is, in order to justify that all three persons have one will and one action? A person is an individual, and you distinguished three within your theology. How can three individual persons have one will an action, that is, what's the point of separating the persons if the wills and their consequent actions, as in free determination, are not individual?

Did you mean one purpose, as all Christians are meant to have with God and each other? As a husband and wife are to have, as King David and Jonathan had?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was taught as a child that Jesus and God the Father were different,.. but now I think it's more like God has three separate beings. Creator, spirit, and flesh all being the same entity though. I could be wrong,.. I'm still a bit confused. :confused:
Keep it simple AR, and to what you can justify Scripturally. You know that the Father is God, which is used an innumerable amount of times in Scripture. The titles God the Son, nor God the Holy Spirit are never used.
You know, incontrovertibly, that Jesus was a man.
And, you know that the Holy Spirit never spoke, or wrote anything down, nor is seated at the left-hand side of God. And that it is an impersonal force from God, meant to empower the saints and elect.

Nobody can question this much, and going any further will only lead to speculation, conjecture and eisegesis. The three above points are sufficient to explain all Theology, Christology and Soteriology.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep it simple AR, and to what you can justify Scripturally. You know that the Father is God, which is used an innumerable amount of times in Scripture. The titles God the Son, nor God the Holy Spirit are never used.
You know, incontrovertibly, that Jesus was a man.
And, you know that the Holy Spirit never spoke, or wrote anything down, nor is seated at the left-hand side of God. And that it is an impersonal force from God, meant to empower the saints and elect.

Nobody can question this much, and going any further will only lead to speculation, conjecture and eisegesis. The three above points are sufficient to explain all Theology, Christology and Soteriology.

Okay,.. not really sure how that is considered simple.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cause people keep telling me different things. :/
@Jane_Doe22
No AR, it's because people keep telling you confusing things. That's why you can't determine which is correct, because they all sound nonsensible.
None of their god-man explanations has instilled confidence and fortitude in you, you are unable to glorify God with such incomprehensible nonsense.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The titles God the Son, nor God the Holy Spirit are never used.

That is inaccurate as they are both refered to as God in the Bible. If you would like me to point it out I will.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22
No AR, it's because people keep telling you confusing things. That's why you can't determine which is correct, because they all sound nonsensible.
None of their god-man explanations has instilled confidence and fortitude in you, you are unable to glorify God with such incomprehensible nonsense.
Not sure why I'm tagged in this.

Reactions: April_Rose

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People do indeed have different views, as you can see in this thread :)

Ultimately, you got to look to God Himself to light the way and illuminate Truth for you. Other people can be helpful in explaining their views, but God is the ultimate source for you to check in with.
Be careful @April_Rose of anyone who tells you that God told them what is correct. We all wish that we could be imbued with such wisdom and knowledge, but such an endowment requires extreme faith and humility. We are on our own to discern God's will, and He will inspire according to the faith that one has.
Never trust anyone who claims that their understanding of Scriptural doctrine has been derived from God or the Holy Spirit. The wisdom that they impart should speak for itself, they shouldn't have to tell you from where their inspiration came, it should be self evident.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is inaccurate as they are both refered to as God in the Bible. If you would like me to point it out I will.
The titles are never, ever used. All that you will be able to point out is your eisegesis on the matter.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful @April_Rose of anyone who tells you that God told them what is correct. We all wish that we could be imbued with such wisdom and knowledge, but such an endowment requires extreme faith and humility. We are on our own to discern God's will, and He will inspire according to the faith that one has.
Never trust anyone who claims that their understanding of Scriptural doctrine has been derived from God or the Holy Spirit. The wisdom that they impart should speak for itself, they shouldn't have to tell you from where their inspiration came, it should be self evident.
You do realize I was telling her to seek God directly (her + God) instead of turning to man....

And yes, a disciple of Christ should indeed seek Christ: knock and it'll be open, ask and you shall receive, etc.

Reactions: April_Rose

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful @April_Rose of anyone who tells you that God told them what is correct.

These are the apostle Paul's words (mine also):

Eph 3:3, How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

See posts #1-#6 of the following thread:

True Trinity.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay,.. not really sure how that is considered simple.

You can't conclude with 100% certainty that God is the Father? Or that Jesus was a man? Or that the Holy Spirit never spoke (is not a person), but is only referred to as animating the elect?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The titles are never, ever used. All that you will be able to point out is your eisegesis on the matter.

Let's start with a simple verse about God's spirit. I found that in the bible on page 1. Gensis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One,.. I think you were totally misunderstanding her and two,.. even though it probably wasn't your intention your comment sort of seems insulting towards her.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22