Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do realize I was telling her to seek God directly (her + God) instead of turning to man....

And yes, a disciple of Christ should indeed seek Christ: knock and it'll be open, ask and you shall receive, etc.
Yes, but by you telling her to seek God's advice, it implies that that is what you do.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or that the Holy Spirit never spoke (is not a person),
The Holy Spirit has a mind and He also makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God (Romans 8:26-27).

This indicates to me that He is, in fact, a Person.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's start with a simple verse about God's spirit. I found that in the bible on page 1. Gensis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
Uh, oh, looks like man has a spirit to. Eisegesis!!!!

Ecclesiastes 3:21
Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The post was to you, so I thought that it would be only fair to have your opinion on my remark, in case you feel that I'm leading AR astray.
Yes, but by you telling her to seek God's advice, it implies that that is what you do.
If you believe that telling someone "ask God yourself rather than men" equates to leading a person astray...suffice it to say I passionately don't see things that way.

Reactions: April_Rose

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One,.. I think you were totally misunderstanding her and two,.. even though it probably wasn't your intention your comment sort of seems insulting towards her.
It was insulting to a certain degree. I meant what I said, for we all wish that it was that easy, call on God anytime we like. The people who claim to do so are usually self-righteous. like I said, it requires a great deal of humility and faith for God to be able to communicate with us so readily. And, empirically speaking, I've always found that those who do state that the Holy Spirit guides them in Scriptural matters, are typically the worst exegetes.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Holy Spirit has a mind and He also makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God (Romans 8:26-27).

This indicates to me that He is, in fact, a Person.
That was extremely incompetent. It is the Spirit of man that Paul is referring to.

Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, oh, looks like man has a spirit to. Eisegesis!!!!

I think we went thru this already, but it's pretty clear if Jesus can resurrect himself with his own power back to life from being crucified and punctured dead with a spear, then he is a god at minimum no matter what kind of Eisegesis you're claiming. Saying anything else is just nonsense.

Likewise if the Spirit of God can create the heavens and earth by moving on it, which is not really speculative, then the Spirit "of" God is God, not that the term "Spirit of God" is not sufficient in determination of the spirit being God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:26, Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27, And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was insulting to a certain degree. I meant what I said, for we all wish that it was that easy, call on God anytime we like. The people who claim to do so are usually self-righteous.

What!? That is totally insulting and that's what Christians do! I am very big on judging people by first impressions and so far you're not really making a good one on me. You're making it sound like she thinks that she's better than everyone else. (Which I'm sure she doesn't.)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you believe that telling someone "ask God yourself rather than men" equates to leading a person astray...suffice it to say I passionately don't see things that way.
Maybe you're right JD. I may have judged a bit quickly, possibly? It just seemed as a flippant response. I've heard it too many times from some of the worst exegetes, that the Holy Spirit guides them in all Biblical interpretation.
You are correct what you said, but, like I said, it requires a great deal of humility and faith to have that communication with God. I prefer to offer a response of my own, and let the people decide from where I received my inspiration.
Sorry, if I was mistaken about your intent, or misunderstood your context.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we went thru this already, but it's pretty clear if Jesus can resurrect himself with his own power back to life from being crucified and punctured dead with a spear, then he is a god at minimum no matter what kind of Eisegesis you're claiming. Saying anything else is just nonsense.

Likewise if the Spirit of God can create the heavens and earth by moving on it, which is not really speculative, then the Spirit "of" God is God, not that the term "Spirit of God" is not sufficient in determination of the spirit being God.
Eisegesis!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you're right JD. I may have judged a bit quickly, possibly? It just seemed as a flippant response. I've heard it too many times from some of the worst exegetes, that the Holy Spirit guides them in all Biblical interpretation.
You are correct what you said, but, like I said, it requires a great deal of humility and faith to have that communication with God. I prefer to offer a response of my own, and let the people decide from where I received my inspiration.
Sorry, if I was mistaken about your intent, or misunderstood your context.

Of course a man can claim that the Holy Spirit illuminates his study of God's word and also leave it up to the reader to decide as to whether anything he says is truly valid.

I also encourage my readers to be Bereans (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) concerning all that I post; because while I do ask for the Holy Spirit to illuminate my study of the word and also believe that God answers me in the affirmative; I also have a mental illness and therefore anything that I say might be off-base.

Therefore I will tell you that it is important that you check everything I say by the word of the Lord.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What!? That is totally insulting and that's what Christians do! I am very big on judging people by first impressions and so far you're not really making a good one on me. You're making it sound like she thinks that she's better than everyone else. (Which I'm sure she doesn't.)
i may have been a bit quick to make the accusation, just because I've heard it too many times on this forum. I like JD, and may have misconstrued her response to you. For that , I apologize. But again, I am cynical and indignant to those who claim that the holy Spirit guides them in interpretation. Their words should be able to speak for themselves.
And, back to the point. The advice to you should be, yes, pray for insight from God, but in the meantime, reject anything that you can't comprehend, or that does not bring glory to God.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i may have been a bit quick to make the accusation, just because I've heard it too many times on this forum. I like JD, and may have misconstrued her response to you. For that , I apologize. But again, I am cynical and indignant to those who claim that the holy Spirit guides them in interpretation. Their words should be able to speak for themselves.
And, back to the point. The advice to you should be, yes, pray for insight from God, but in the meantime, reject anything that you can't comprehend, or that does not bring glory to God.
Fortunately the doctrine of the Trinity is comprehensible when you really look at it.

Although for many years there were many who have not understood it and have therefore deferred to Isaiah 55:8-9 when it came to the concept of understanding it as a doctrine.

True Trinity.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course a man can claim that the Holy Spirit illuminates his study of God's word and also leave it up to the reader to decide as to whether anything he says is truly valid.

I also encourage my readers to be Bereans (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) concerning all that I post; because while I do ask for the Holy Spirit to illuminate my study of the word and also believe that God answers me in the affirmative; I also have a mental illness and therefore anything that I say might be off-base.

Therefore I will tell you that it is important that you check everything I say by the word of the Lord.
I would agree with you at the very start, but, i am rather skeptical about you saying that God answers you in the affirmative. This is the whole point of my contention, that you believe that your insights have been derived from God Himself

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i may have been a bit quick to make the accusation, just because I've heard it too many times on this forum. I like JD, and may have misconstrued her response to you. For that , I apologize.

Well,.. at least you know how to recognize when you step out of line,.. but she's the one you really should be apologizing to.