Is The Rapture A Literal Event?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are walking on very thin ice.

The entire NT was written by Messianic Jews. Peter is a Messianic Jew. Paul is also as was John. Even Luke, it can be effectively argued that he was Messianic Jew, not a gentile as tradition has claimed. Was Luke a Gentile?

Paul was very forward about stating how he is a Jew, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Rabbinical scholar who trained under Gamliel, etc and we all know he was also was one of the greatest expositors of the faith in Yeshua. He wrote, in Romans, the definitive systematic theology of the faith. When he was arrested in Jerusalem by the Romans, he was going to the Temple to make the sacrifice for the Nazarite vow as instructed by James, another Messianic Jew, the brother of Yeshua, and head of the Jerusalem congregation. Acts 21.

Paul was a Messianic Jew if there ever was one! And even then, one of the greatest evanglists to the Gentiles.

Your accusations are more from Evil One than you realize. That you espouse these hateful things as you do surely gives evidence that you do not have the gift of the Spirit and led by Him. And calling those in the body "fools" is saying they deny the Lord. You have not been given the authority in heaven or on earth to make that judgement of the brethren. It would seem you are the one who has been sent in to stir division in the body.
Yes you could say so, but the ones of today do not know who Jesus Christ truly is, but all above knew who Jesus Christ was or came to know, I will add Nathaniel to them as well, now he knew who Jesus was directly because he was a true Israelite as Jesus said so.

But the Messianic mob of today are not for Christ Jesus at all, they are peddling another Jesus, the point is that they are looking too another, they do not embrace the Lord Jesus, as non of them are born again. But the above were born again Jews who became Christians.

The Messianic Jew of today does not support that all are as one under Christianity, they believe that they are a cut above all, that's Jews and Goyim that they peddle, because they are carnal they can not see that all are as one under Christ, be it Jews or Gentiles. they believe that they are a superior race type of gibberish and the bigoted warnings of be carful of what you say about the so called Jews BS is peddled, they are Gods people don't you know, what a load of superstitious childish taboo BS.
The Jews were never saved because of there tribe but only as to abiding in God, the thing is that they always failed when they turned away from God and even now they the so called messianic Jesus do not embrace Jesus as the Christ, for they are looking for the 2ed coming as they have another Jesus.
Anyone who is looking for the 2ed coming is not Saved because they are not born again.
If one is truly born again then you know that Jesus is the Christ and has been for 2000 years and always will be the same as always.
I will be with you to the end of time he said and he is the Alpha and the Omega.

The Great Satan the Devil is coming and the new age Messianic mob are pushing for the Devil to come, all who support the false Israel are of Satan, fact is that Jesus Christ is the King of Israel and you better believe it's a fact, don't be deceived ! by clowns that do not know that is a fact, if anyone rejects this fact they are anathema.

You must believe in Jesus Christ and abide in him and only him shall you serve. that's the Key.
You must be born again to enter into the Kingdom of God, regardless of the second coming, that's the Key to that.
People have been coming into the Kingdom of God for 2000 years now because they were saved, but the new age Messianic reject that, because they are not Saved, they are looking too another. that's what I gather from all that they are saying to me.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Messianic mob of today are not for Christ Jesus at all, they are peddling another Jesus,

The Messianic Jew of today does not support that all are as one under Christianity, they believe that they are a cut above all, that's Jews and Goyim that they peddle,

You really love to lump things together. While at the same time you and those like you are doing the very same thing you are decrying. You are stating that all Messianic Jews today are teaching another Yeshua (Jesus). You obviously know none of them.

Of course there are some bad apples in the basket, just like there are bad apples in the "Christian" sector.

How familiar are you with Jay Sekulow, Amir Tsarfati, Zola Levitt (passed on now), Albert Israeli, Moishe Rosen (also passed on), Sid Roth, and the list goes on and on. They all believe that both Jew and Gentile are one in Messiah.

But let's look at groups like the Presbyterian Church USA, Friends (Quakers), United Church of Christ, AME Church, and even more on the list. They advocate the Boycott, Divest, Sanction (BDS) Movement that wishes to destroy Israel. They obviously haven't read how the nations (goyim - gentiles) will be judged on how they treated the Hebrew people. And these groups have no real understanding of Yeshua and certainly lack an exhibition of the gift of the Spirit.

And of course, those who claim there are no true Jews anymore or at least, the Church is now Israel and the true Jews. They try to use passages like....

Revelation 2:9 (NKJV) "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 (NKJV) Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

But in the light of........

Joel 3:1-3 (NKJV) "For behold, in those days and at that time,
When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will also gather all nations, [Goyim - Gentiles]
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.
3 They have cast lots for My people,
Have given a boy as payment for a harlot,
And sold a girl for wine, that they may drink.

And many other passages that speak to how the Gentiles will be judged on how they treat the Hebrew people, including those who have embraced Yeshua but maintain their Hebrew identity.

Those passages out of Revelation to the churches are more in line with a condemnation of those that claim the Church has replaced Israel or that the Church is now the true Jews. Paul spent three chapters in Romans tearing that idea down.

At the very least, attitudes like yours carry none of the desire to follow the commandment of Yeshua.... love others as we do ourselves. Such as you are no better than those who passed by the on the road.......

Luke 10:30-36 (NKJV) Then Jesus answered and said: "A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.' 36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?"

You reek of hate.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You really love to lump things together. While at the same time you and those like you are doing the very same thing you are decrying. You are stating that all Messianic Jews today are teaching another Yeshua (Jesus). You obviously know none of them.

Of course there are some bad apples in the basket, just like there are bad apples in the "Christian" sector.

How familiar are you with Jay Sekulow, Amir Tsarfati, Zola Levitt (passed on now), Albert Israeli, Moishe Rosen (also passed on), Sid Roth, and the list goes on and on. They all believe that both Jew and Gentile are one in Messiah.

But let's look at groups like the Presbyterian Church USA, Friends (Quakers), United Church of Christ, AME Church, and even more on the list. They advocate the Boycott, Divest, Sanction (BDS) Movement that wishes to destroy Israel. They obviously haven't read how the nations (goyim - gentiles) will be judged on how they treated the Hebrew people. And these groups have no real understanding of Yeshua and certainly lack an exhibition of the gift of the Spirit.

And of course, those who claim there are no true Jews anymore or at least, the Church is now Israel and the true Jews. They try to use passages like....

Revelation 2:9 (NKJV) "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 (NKJV) Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

But in the light of........

Joel 3:1-3 (NKJV) "For behold, in those days and at that time,
When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will also gather all nations, [Goyim - Gentiles]
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.
3 They have cast lots for My people,
Have given a boy as payment for a harlot,
And sold a girl for wine, that they may drink.

And many other passages that speak to how the Gentiles will be judged on how they treat the Hebrew people, including those who have embraced Yeshua but maintain their Hebrew identity.

Those passages out of Revelation to the churches are more in line with a condemnation of those that claim the Church has replaced Israel or that the Church is now the true Jews. Paul spent three chapters in Romans tearing that idea down.

At the very least, attitudes like yours carry none of the desire to follow the commandment of Yeshua.... love others as we do ourselves. Such as you are no better than those who passed by the on the road.......

Luke 10:30-36 (NKJV) Then Jesus answered and said: "A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.' 36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?"

You reek of hate.
Well I do know them and I know of their works and not one of them are born again in fact, oh yes they say that they are, but this is total BS they have so much hatred in them that it's a disgrace to behold such idiots, all I hear is malice from such morons they are totally worldly, I have had heated arguments with them about that it's all about the Holy spirit that they must take heed too and they have flat rejected that out right and have pushed that it's all about the Land and that they are just going to toss every non Jew out of the Land, they see such people as not worthy of being humans and that's how they treat them. no wonder that the Moslems hate them just as much as they hate the Moslems.

Jews are Carnal and Islam is Carnal and the fact is that they both are idiots who have been killing each other all through history.
I say that Jesus Christ is the only Answer to all humans problems and that one must be truly born again to be able to understand why this truly is so.

Under true Christianity all are as one, their is nether Jew or Gentile, did you know that fact ? and it's been so for 2000 years now, that was when Jesus came, did you know that fact !

I am a Hebrew I have a Hebrew sir name, I respect the OT and people who live this, I love to talk to them and I know that if they are true to Holy Moses that they can come to true Christianity and become great Christians when they do.

But you know what just as the 3rd rate so called Jews who disregard the OT and all, I see nothing in them as they are just like any demented Atheist bastard to be sure. they are not worth talking to, as the NT says about casting pearls before swine as all they will do is try and devour you. I Have see it all in actions bro ! I know them by there works bro !
I fear the Lord but not Man, because I do not conscribe to the works of man, for I know of it's evil.

I am not subjected to any religious denomination. because I am born again, I have come out from them, they can not lead me astray for I know of there works.
I do not care about any of such groups or people you named as such mean nothing to me.
All that really maters is Jesus Christ as he is the wellspring that all must come to, so that you shall have Life in abundance, Jesus is the God of the Living he said and not of the dead.
If one is not born again one is dead to Christ Jesus. because they do not know him is why they are like the living dead like Vampires devouring each other, for they know not the Love of Jesus Christ.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is the rapture a literal event?

Hello @Hidden In Him,

If you are referring to 1 Thessalonians 4:17+, then yes it will be a literal event. It had the potential to have occurred within the lifetime of those Thessalonian saints, had Israel repented (Acts 3:19-20) : but now it awaits a yet future day.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Copperhead

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24
[37] But as the days of Noe were,
so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Gen 6
[5] And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6
[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth;

Gen 6
[13] And God said...behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 6
[9] ... Noah walked with God.

Rom 1
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man...

[24] ...dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator...

[26] ...women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

[27]...men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another;

[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge...

[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

John 3
[3] Jesus ...said ...Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1Pet 1
[23] Being born again, ... seed ...incorruptible, By the word of God...

Gal 3
[16] ...seed, which IS Christ.

Matt 18
[3] ... Except ye be converted...ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven...

Rom 8
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matt 24
[37] But as the days of Noe were,
so shall also the coming of the Son of man
be.

1 Thes 4
[14] ...them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
[15] ...alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord...
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout ...the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17] Then we which are [/B] alive [/B] and remain shall be CAUGHT UP....
(Above the Face of the Earth)

...in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:

Matt 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Noah, walking with God, DID NOT Go Through the destruction of the Earth. He was Lifted UP ABOVE the Face of the Earth.

IN Christ, SHALL NOT Go Through the destruction of the Earth. They Shall Be Lifted UP ABOVE the Face of the Earth...
As in the days of Noah.

Hear, Read, Trust the TRUTH of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go boy, the Jews do not have the Holy Spirit, they are lost.
Without the Holy Spirit you can do nothing.
No one comes to the Father but through his only begotten Son.

That in no way negates that they are still the Abrahamic Covenant, an unconditional covenant, and they have a distinct place the plan of the Lord. Much of what has happened and will happen in the end times has national, corporate Israel in mind. And there are many warnings in scripture towards those who would defame the Hebrew people. The nations (goyim - gentiles) are even judged at the return of Messiah on how they treated the Hebrew people, that should be a warning to anyone about how they view and treat them.

And Ezekiel is very clear that, as you say, the spirit of life is not in them when initially gathered to the land (like now), but as a corporate entity, that will change. They will as a national, corporate entity acknowledge their offense of rejecting Messiah and turn to Him. In fact, it is a condition that must be met for Messiah to physically return. So, in no way are they rejected to the dust bin of history such as some seem to imply.

So those who would trash the Hebrew people, that is walking on some very thin ice. Something I was taught as a young child seems worth considering.... if you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all. Would be wise advise for those bent on defaming the Jewish people and Israel.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That in no way negates that they are still the Abrahamic Covenant, an unconditional covenant, and they have a distinct place the plan of the Lord. Much of what has happened and will happen in the end times has national, corporate Israel in mind. And there are many warnings in scripture towards those who would defame the Hebrew people. The nations (goyim - gentiles) are even judged at the return of Messiah on how they treated the Hebrew people, that should be a warning to anyone about how they view and treat them.

And Ezekiel is very clear that, as you say, the spirit of life is not in them when initially gathered to the land (like now), but as a corporate entity, that will change. They will as a national, corporate entity acknowledge their offense of rejecting Messiah and turn to Him. In fact, it is a condition that must be met for Messiah to physically return. So, in no way are they rejected to the dust bin of history such as some seem to imply.

So those who would trash the Hebrew people, that is walking on some very thin ice. Something I was taught as a young child seems worth considering.... if you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all. Would be wise advise for those bent on defaming the Jewish people and Israel.
Nonsense.

The Hebrew people have always been punished for rejecting God all through out their history for turning their back on God, it's a human trait due to the Stain of original Sin.

The majority of Hebrews had missed the Bus so to speak, when Jesus Christ came. and only the true Israelites that were worthy of the name sake were in line with God and it was they who were the first Christians in fact.

You are claiming to idolise a people and such people are in fact not worthy as to God in fact, now if you truly believe that Jesus is the Christ you would know that fact, only people who are worthy of God ( Jesus Christ ) are the ones who God ( Jesus Christ ) looks to as his people ?

Now how can one who rejects God ( Jesus Christ ) be worthy ! they missed the boat ( vessel ) that is needed to make the grade, now the problem was that the majority of Hebrews were being mislead by a cunning mob, that the Bible points to as in the Vineyard story who killed all of the prophets and then the same mob tried the same on the Son of God and the Land vomited them all out.

Only the worthy Hebrews who were truly Israelites, like Jesus said of Nathaniel were worthy, did you know that.

Did you know that all through the history of the Hebrews that some of there people were banished you know, so that what you are claiming above is nonsense. then the Hebrews back in the days better be carful of how they treat the ones who they banished then ? or how about Cain how was he dealt with, well they were not to kill him, but we know that he was not worthy of God and a murderer who never repented to God, he had the opportunity to do so and is just like all of the Atheist Anti-Christ.

There is nothing wrong with the OT because if one study's it all you will find the true Hebrew religion and that will lead you to Christ Jesus in fact if one follows Moses they can see that Jesus is the Christ. and anyone who rejects such is an Anti-Christ in fact. we are not idolising a people here you know but giving regard for God.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Hebrew people are not gods, did you know that ! they need God they always needed God to move forward as a people of God, just as anyone does.

You can't threaten me with the Jew BS because I am a Hebrew, how childish are people who try that stunt on me, the oh be carful spin and I say p off you simple minded Goyim fool, I have it in the bag as I am with God and I am pointing out the facts as to God in fact and I fear no man. for I am Saved and they are not. they can kill my body like they did with the prophets but that does not worry me at all, because I am Saved.

Yes I am a Hebrew and I know that Jesus is the Christ and I only Serve him, not Man.
The Hebrews are nothing without Jesus Christ, all are a disgrace who are an Anti-Christ.

It's amazing nowadays how the authority of words like Anti-Christ has no power at all over a degenerate Society, but that the words Anti-Semitic has such power to send people right off their rocker, I ask myself why is this ? their is no power in one being claimed an Anti-Christ nowadays :rolleyes::confused: why ! I ask and I remember the days that it did have Authority that people looked up to such. but now the words Anti-Semitic has total power over all people, you must not be this or they will use Malice against you destroying your livelihood you name it they will do it with glee. but do they truly understand what a Semite is ? well no they don't in fact, a Semite is a race of people who are around 90% of the people who are Islamic, so to say one was Anti-Semitic one would surly be talking in regards about the Islamic people in general.
So when we boil down the words Anti-Semite truly, that's what you get truly.
But how about the word Anti-Jewish ? well what would that truly mean, well that could be anything from that you are not a member of that faith to what ever.
What if one was anti-Islamic, well the same as above ?
The words Anti-Semite is an oxymoron. but the Goyim being simple minded are lead astray by so much such stupid word play that has been peddled down over the years through TV Movies and through schools and even Church's who have been lead astray sadly through pathetic indoctrination and sadly lack anything in regard to an education. so that you end up with blinded morons like we seen in Hitler's Germany and all of the Communist Nations that are oblivious to reality, because they are being dominated over how to think, it's Social Marxism that is being peddled on the people nowadays and it's pure Satanism.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is a threat ! do you know what you are truly saying their. what a bigot !

You better idolise the so called Jewish people or else ! that's what you are saying truly there and I have heard that crap time and time again by simple minded fools who are superstitious clowns when you boil all that down.
You should study the Bible some time you know and you will find that one has to test the spirits, no where in the Bible does it say to be a fool.
The Hebrews and all people have to accountable for their walk in life regardless and if they did as such then one is called worthy.

If a person claims that they have a problem that is the first steep in moving forward out of the mess that they have created, it does not matter if you are an Nation as the same applies. if such has a problem one must identify that problem and healthy regard for the truth will set you free of such enslavement to such vices. True Christianity teaches that is the way.
Healthy criticism is a God send, sadly nowadays fools claim to be offended by such that exposes them for what they truly are..

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a threat ! do you know what you are truly saying their. what a bigot !

I believe I do know what I am saying...

Genesis 12:3 (NKJV) I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Jeremiah 31:35-37 (NKJV) Thus says the Lord,
Who gives the sun for a light by day,
The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night,
Who disturbs the sea,
And its waves roar
(The Lord of hosts is His name):
36 "If those ordinances depart
From before Me, says the Lord,
Then the seed of Israel shall also cease
From being a nation before Me forever."
37 Thus says the Lord:
"If heaven above can be measured,
And the foundations of the earth searched out beneath,
I will also cast off all the seed of Israel
For all that they have done, says the Lord.

You better idolise the so called Jewish people or else ! that's what you are saying truly there

That is a fabrication. I simply stated that those who rain down unwarranted criticism, hatred, and defamation should really watch what they are doing as the consequences could be something they don't want.

Like the Boycott, Divest, Sanction (BDS) movement that is gaining ground in many church denominations. Or spouting stuff similar to what Martin Luther wrote in "On The Jews And Their Lies". Very thin ice to be treading on.

And is it truly bigoted to want the best for people, of any persuasion? I am not sure you even understand the proper use of the term. You sure don't know how to spell properly. All I got from you post was anger and hate. Not any evidence of the Spirit. Disappointed but not shocked.

Last edited: