Is The Rapture A Literal Event?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I lost all hope...
like within two pages or something, LoL.

Dave L kinda screwed this thread up in a hurry, and I got to playing around with him to where I wasn't taking things seriously anymore.

demotivational-poster-lion-facepaw.jpg
so, did your opening Pauline vv get deciphered to your satisfaction? Not that there's even any cipher much in the original i guess

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, did your opening Pauline vv get deciphered to your satisfaction? Not that there's even any cipher much in the original i guess

From the non-literal rapture side... nothing sticks out, LoL. But it's been quite a while since I reviewed this thread. I kinda moved on.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And agree with Enoch111, that the soles saved IN Christ, was taught 2,000 + years ago, will be "caught up" in the air, to meet the Lord, before the Great Tribulation.
you're gonna see Him come down the ezack same way you saw Him go up, ladies, "Galileans," "circuit riders," don't think you wont. Imo dont be lettin pEnoch read Paul to your destruction for ya ok

why do you stand there looking up into the sky?

why are the children of the promise more ignernt than the children of the world?
why are publicans and whores beating us in?
whywhywhy?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Elijah did indeed come from Heaven at the Transfiguration of Christ and then went back to Heaven. But he never died and was then resurrected (as was Christ). He was taken up body, soul, and spirit.

Do I believe every word of Scripture? Absolutely. And that is why I am giving you this clarification.
only you cant Quote that top part at all huh
only almost

now i'm done here ok, yall both get the last word on me, and i wish yall both the best, even the ones testifying of themselves

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed the rapture will be literal.

There are actually 2 rapture events per 1 cor 15.

Matt 24 also depicts the rapture, and Jesus is quoted by Paul in 1 Thes 4(per Matt 24).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
indeed, huh. That anything like "certainly" or "without a doubt" or any of them other terms we aint really qualified to use?
How can the Rapture be a New Age thing when Christ spoke of it even before He was crucified? And since Jesus is the Truth, we need to listen to what He had to say about it.
you need to hear what was really being said i guess, Eve
no offense
you're a Queen James lover, right,

King James Bible
Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24 also depicts the rapture, and Jesus is quoted by Paul in 1 Thes 4(per Matt 24).

On that I would disagree...

Those that are taken in Matthew 24, are those that are fit for destruction. The verses previous to that lay out what is in view....

Matthew 24:37-41 (NKJV) But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

Those taken in the flood were those who did not go into the Ark with Noach. They were the ones eating, drinking, marrying, and did not know. And Yeshua makes the case there that this will be what happens at the end, just as it did in the days of Noach. So by extension, it is those who do not know, i.e. know Yeshua personally, and they are taken for destruction.

It mirrors the judgment of the nations as outlined in Joel 3 of which Yeshua gave an exposition on in Matthew 25.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, rapture as it pertains to the removal of the righteous is not found in our English Bibles, but it is in the Latin Vulgate. Rapturo is the Latin word used to translate the Greek "harpazo" which is the catching up. Rapture is just the Anglicized word of the Latin Rapturo. So the concept of the "rapture" as being the catching up is valid.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the concept of the "rapture" as being the catching up is valid.

... it's just a matter of "timing". And the Tribulation is NOT the "timing". -- We'll have to wait until the New Jerusalem appears for people to ascend.

Bobby Jo

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, authorized by the Church of England. Many reformers did not accept that "authorization". I always get a kick out it when I here the "authorized" comment. No one seems to ask who it is authorized by. It is a great translation, but not an infallible one.
What Bible is better in your opinion then.

Many years ago was looking through a freemason Bible, it was KJV a earliest version, I think that it was the freemasons back in the day who created the KJV and this Bible had freemason information added to in the beginning of the Book.
It comes down to just what type of freemasons that they were as well.
I would say that it was the hand of the freemasons that were behind the creation of the C of E and all of the Protestant Churches.

We know that the Freemason order broke away from the RCC and went down a worldly path and that's why they got kicked out of the RCC, because such was in line with the Golden Calf mob the Talmud.
The Talmud's hand is behind all deceptions in leading the world astray, they truly are masters at such and their power is immense today.

The Talmud is the greatest evil the world has ever known, all one has to do is read all of it's books to understand that fact. fact is that it does not take much investigation into this too find how it is just so related to Nazi and Communism, it is the key to what powered such filth, it's all there in plain view, it jumps out and hits you in the face, there's the Key ! what masters of deceptions ! yet the world is blind to it all, I have to ask my self why is the world so ignorant of the facts, well the this mob are masters of delusions and their power is so immense that even every Church is cowling under their power, not to mention that they own all the major media and it's truly there propaganda serpent, that can twist anything around to destroy anyone or anything that they want. the people are but putty in their hands being moulded as they wish, turning everything upside down, Abortion on demand, the promotion of Sodomy to dominate over all, the blatant perverting of our Children, you name it ! Political Correctness god, don't offend the PC god or else the wrath of there malice will come down on you.
Just point out what the Talmud books truly say to your Priest and watch him run away like a dog with his tail between his legs yelping all the way, or he will just try to fob such off, then you know who his master truly is.

It's the Talmud mob that destroyed the Jews and it's the same Talmud mob who have under minded the Churches, you will know them by their works, some one said ? I wonder who that dude was ?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Bible is better in your opinion then.

I don't have view on what translation is "better". Every translation has some errors in it. I compare several different versions on a regular basis. I really have a fondness for the KJV, but I also know it is fallible and drops the ball in some areas.

The Talmud is the greatest evil the world has ever known, all one has to do is read all of it's books to understand that fact.

That is a non sequitur. The Talmud is commentary, not scripture. And while it definitely has some serious issues in places, it is hardly the greatest evil the world has ever known. I would say the Quran is worse than the Talmud as just one example. It seems to have brought more evil upon the world than the Talmud could ever be equated with.