Is there a difference in " FALSE " teaching & error in teaching ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for asking Marks, in English it is Jehovah. Many versions include it at Psalms 83:18: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. KJV
Actsch4
let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’
Nor is there salvation in any other,
for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there really only one answer to that question about God's name? What about Yahweh?
Yahweh is God's name sir, only that is in Hebrew. Words are different in different languages as you realize. It seems that lately however when dealing with names, they seem to be prone more to keeping it in the native tongue. A prime example is the Spanish name Jorge, which not so long ago was called George in English, now they are primarily referred to as HorHay, the pronunciation in Spanish. Words do evolve with time.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actsch4
let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’
Nor is there salvation in any other,
for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
Who raised him from the dead David? All who will be saved will be saved through Jesus as your verse stated, but keep in mind there are requirements.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for asking Marks, in English it is Jehovah. Many versions include it at Psalms 83:18: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. KJV
What is the linguistic origin of the name "Jehovah"?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there really only one answer to that question about God's name? What about Yahweh?
If he continues to answer my questions with true answers we will soon see that "Jehovah" is NOT God's Name as revealed in Scripture, but is a version of God's Name that was formed by men who desired to not say or know how to say God's Name as revealed.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who raised him from the dead David? All who will be saved will be saved through Jesus as your verse stated, but keep in mind there are requirements.
John ch5
"Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. 19Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 20For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. 21For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. 22For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

John ch10
“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

You are either submitted unto Christ, bowing the knee and confessing with your heart and tongue OR you are no different then those who falsely accuse Him, by claiming to know the Father apart from the LORD.

Reactions: Keturah

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he continues to answer my questions with true answers we will soon see that "Jehovah" is NOT God's Name as revealed in Scripture, but is a version of God's Name that was formed by men who desired to not say or know how to say God's Name as revealed.

Much love!
IF, he answers truthfully.........

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:18-22 KJV
18) Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21) But he spake of the temple of his body.
22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Jesus raised His Own body from the dead.

Much love!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to add to this thread these also, which falls along the same lines.

CONTROVERSIAL PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS:
1  Salvation
a. Free gift to all who believe & receive.
b. Can this gift be forfeited or rejected once received?
c. Is it forced or "elected " to only some?
2  Grace
a. Unmerited favour freely given of God
b. Able to be resisted and or rejected
3 Truth
a. The inspired word of God to be taken as a whole & in context
b. Does taking a part of or isolating scripture make one a true follower of the gospel?
4 Faith
a. Given to man in a measure from God
b. Cannot be matured through prayer & study
5 Sanctification
a. Once @ new birth in God & done
b. A spiritual process in maturation of studying the word, being led in the Spirit

I'll hold here as this is probably enough to make some heads spin !

Take any point you may want to address.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is there a difference in " FALSE " teaching & error in teaching ?​

OP ^

I would say YES.

I would say FALSE teaching hangs on INTENT to deceive.

I would say ERROR in teaching hangs on a thin line; meaning:
Men do NOT know ALL things.
Some men have a Longer and Deeper Study than others, and the “Student” may not Yet be ready for the Deeper Study:
Meaning ^^^ THAT may cause more confusion than clarity.

From the Beginning according to the UNSeen Gods method was to Reveal and Teach men “KNOWLEDGE” “ABOUT” Him, “bit by bit, little by little”. And the UNDERSTANDING of that KNOWLEDGE, was/is to be revealed much later.

As generations of men are born and the population increases SO ALSO does Discoveries and Uses for the Discoveries AND the IMPATIENCE of man becoming common place and accustomed to QUICK, FAST, EASY.

Spiritually that presents a problem. Spiritually bit by bit, little by little, understanding much later, has not changed.

However men WANT knowledge and understanding in the same breath, and the implied philosophy is: IF I can UNDERSTAND the KNOWLEDGE, “THEN” I will decide “IF” I believe it…

A complete backward Scriptural Fail.
Freewill to Trust to believe Scripture as it Stands, Thereafter the Understanding will be manifested.

And not to overlook, The very basics taught in first grade….Who, What, When, Why, Where….should always be considered in application to yourself regarding WHAT Scripture is Stating.

And the importance of that is: While ALL Scripture IS TRUE…not ALL Scripture can or does APPLY to every individual.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Keturah

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the linguistic origin of the name "Jehovah"?

Much love!
The origin would have been with the institution of the English language Marks. Not sure exactly if that happened at the tower of Babel, but would have at the very least evolved from it. I think the first published usage of the Divine Name in English was recorded as being in the 1500's: Now, the direct answer to your question: the name "Jehovah" first appeared in an English BIBLE in 1530, when William Tyndale published a translation of the Chumash (the first five books of the Bible)A Detailed History of the name

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John ch5
"Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. 19Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 20For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. 21For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. 22For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

John ch10
“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

You are either submitted unto Christ, bowing the knee and confessing with your heart and tongue OR you are no different then those who falsely accuse Him, by claiming to know the Father apart from the LORD.
Christians are identifiable by their fruits David. It was Jehovah that resurrected Jesus by the way in case you didn't know.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:18-22 KJV
18) Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21) But he spake of the temple of his body.
22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Jesus raised His Own body from the dead.

Much love!
The Bible does not contradict itself Marks, how do you account for that since Acts 2:32

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not contradict itself Marks, how do you account for that since Acts 2:32
No, the Bible doesn't contradict itself. But let's not just start skipping around. Do you accept that Jesus did what He said He would do? That He raised up again the temple of His body in 3 days?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The origin would have been with the institution of the English language Marks. Not sure exactly if that happened at the tower of Babel, but would have at the very least evolved from it. I think the first published usage of the Divine Name in English was recorded as being in the 1500's: Now, the direct answer to your question: the name "Jehovah" first appeared in an English BIBLE in 1530, when William Tyndale published a translation of the Chumash (the first five books of the Bible)A Detailed History of the name
Apparently you aren't aware of the Jewish tradition to interpose the vowel points of Adonai onto the divine Name YHWH.

When you read YHWH with Adonai's vowel point it reads Jehovah. They added the vowel points from adonai to prevent anyone from pronouncing God's Name when they were reading.

"Jehovah" is actually a human term devised to obscure God's true Name.

Having come to know this, now what?

Much love!