Is there a difference in " FALSE " teaching & error in teaching ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warfirin is also good-for a short period of time.
Johann.
Out of Hospital and no blood clots detected - so no warfarin.

The PRAYERS of the Brethren were instrumental in my recovery - even though i was a weak and light headed today.

Getting some food in me now so should feel better in a hour.

Peace

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Everybodies PRAYERS were instrumental in my recovery - even though i was a weak and light headed today.

Peace
Praise the Lord Christ Jesus! Plenty of rest and recuperation brother.
Shalom
Johann.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The PRAYERS of the Brethren were instrumental in my recovery - even though i was a weak and light headed today.

Peace
Good news.
I am on Eloquis, for I do continue to form clots plus ASA 81 mg daily..
God formed these bodies & I trust that if it's his will he can also heal these bodies.❤️

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Good news.
God formed these bodies & I trust that if it's his will he can also heal these bodies.❤️
Pray for recovery brother-if it be the Lord's will.
The older we get, the frailer we get-Lol!
Johann.

Reactions: Keturah

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Good news.
Pray for recovery brother-if it be the Lord's will.
The older we get, the frailer we get-Lol!
Johann.
Pssssst, sister here hence the name Keturah. The 2nd wife of Abraham.❤️
Oh my-my apologies sister.
Johann.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not raise himself from the dead. He had the power to do so but did not use it. Instead, the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Act_5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Act 13:29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
Act 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:

Act 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
Act 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
Act 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
Act 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

2Co 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead)

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him who made Jesus come again from the dead is in you, he who made Christ Jesus come again from the dead will in the same way, through his Spirit which is in you, give life to your bodies which now are under the power of death.

Mat 17:22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:
Mat 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

And we know from all the other verses that he was raised again and it was by the Father.

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not raise himself from the dead. He had the power to do so but did not use it. Instead, the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Act_5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Act 13:29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Act 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
Act 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
Act 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

2Co 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead)

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him who made Jesus come again from the dead is in you, he who made Christ Jesus come again from the dead will in the same way, through his Spirit which is in you, give life to your bodies which now are under the power of death.

Mat 17:22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:
Mat 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

And we know from all the other verses that he was raised again and it was by the Father.
Both yours & @marks quotes are correct........for Jesus, the Christ is God in the flesh !

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both yours & @marks quotes are correct........for Jesus, the Christ is God in the flesh !

As long as everyone understands God the Son did not raise himself from the dead.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as everyone understands God the Son did not raise himself from the dead.

Good Morning ewq,

God the SON did raise Himself just as God the FATHER.

YES, YES i read all the scriptures you posted and they are 100% TRUTH.

Now dwell on the TRUTH that JESUS spoke about Him raising Himself from the dead.

Combine the two and dwell on it.

PEACE my Brother

• Love
Reactions: marks and Keturah

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Telling lies is poison = looks like fruit but will kill you = false religion
I fully agree David, never take anything at face value but be like the Beroeans Acts 17:11, examine the Scriptures to see it what is being said is true. Usually I try to make it easy when I give a Scriptural comment by including the Scriptural evidence.

When one realizes that there is only one faith, your statement really comes into play. But the Bible identifies that faith, and it is your examination of the Scriptures that will prove it to you.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Said...

""""No man taketh it from me, (my Life) but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I HAVE POWER = to take it again.
This commandment have I received of my Father.""""
Since the Bible doesn't contradict itself, what is your take on this Be: (Acts 2:23, 24) . . .This man, who was handed over by the determined will and foreknowledge of God, you fastened to a stake by the hand of lawless men, and you did away with him. 24 But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree David, never take anything at face value but be like the Beroeans Acts 17:11, examine the Scriptures to see it what is being said is true. Usually I try to make it easy when I give a Scriptural comment by including the Scriptural evidence.

When one realizes that there is only one faith, your statement really comes into play. But the Bible identifies that faith, and it is your examination of the Scriptures that will prove it to you.
EASY Truth = Philippians 2:8-11 = make every effort to obey this Truth = failure to do is guaranteed eternal death

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Reactions: marks and Keturah

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Bible doesn't contradict itself. But let's not just start skipping around. Do you accept that Jesus did what He said He would do? That He raised up again the temple of His body in 3 days?

Much love!
You have given your Scriptural support Marks, and I appreciate that sir, and it is in fact evidence for what you are teaching, so I understand why you believe that. The Scripture I used states what I said. We both agree the Bible does not contradict itself, therefore one or both of us do not understand Jesus' resurrection.

So by what he here said, did Jesus mean that he would resurrect himself from the dead? Does that mean that Jesus is God, because Acts 2:32 says, “This Jesus God raised up”? Not at all. Such a view would conflict with Galatians 1:1, which ascribes the resurrection of Jesus to the Father, not to the Son. Using a similar mode of expression, at Luke 8:48 Jesus is quoted as saying to a woman: “Your faith has made you well.” Did she heal herself? No; it was power from God through Christ that healed her because she had faith. (Luke 8:46; Acts 10:38) Likewise, by his perfect obedience as a human, Jesus provided the moral basis for the Father to raise him from the dead, thus acknowledging Jesus as God’s Son. Because of Jesus’ faithful course of life, it could properly be said that Jesus himself was responsible for his resurrection.

Says A. T. Robertson in Word Pictures in the New Testament: “Recall [John] 2:19 where Jesus said: ‘And in three days I will raise it up.’ He did not mean that he will raise himself from the dead independently of the Father as the active agent (Rom. 8:11).”—(New York, 1932), Vol. V, p. 183.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you aren't aware of the Jewish tradition to interpose the vowel points of Adonai onto the divine Name YHWH.

When you read YHWH with Adonai's vowel point it reads Jehovah. They added the vowel points from adonai to prevent anyone from pronouncing God's Name when they were reading.

"Jehovah" is actually a human term devised to obscure God's true Name.

Having come to know this, now what?

Much love!
I am aware that Jews was the primary reason that God's name became shielded Marks, no doubt one of the reasons the Kingdom was taken from them. Adonai has nothing to do with God's name, YHWH is His given name in the original writings. As I stated however, in English that name is Jehovah. It was God who changed the languages, and therefore it would be on His shoulders if He refuses to accept worship from anyone who spoke a different language than His original covenanted people, whom actually penned some of the Bible in Aramaic as well as Greek by the way.

I believe that God accepts Jehovah as His name in English, otherwise translators of versions who tried to remove it would be able to. I don't believe there is any English version that has been able to remove Jah (the shortened form of His name Ps 68:4), do you know of any sir?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then are you calling Jesus a false teacher , a deceiver since He said the following.

John 2:19
19-Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”
21-But the temple he had spoken of was his body.
22-After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

John 10:17-18, “No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again;”

Reactions: rwb

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Since the Bible doesn't contradict itself, what is your take on this Be: (Acts 2:23, 24) . . .This man, who was handed over by the determined will and foreknowledge of God, you fastened to a stake by the hand of lawless men, and you did away with him. 24 But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.

Jesus said "i have the power to take up my life'.

I have the power of RESURRECTION

"I AM THE Resurrection"... John 11:25

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "i have the power to take up my life'.

I have the power of RESURRECTION

"I AM THE Resurrection"... John 11:25
Excellent - ty

KEY verse/words = "IAM the Resurrection and the LIFE"

Last edited: