Is there a difference in " FALSE " teaching & error in teaching ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you aren't aware of the Jewish tradition to interpose the vowel points of Adonai onto the divine Name YHWH.

When you read YHWH with Adonai's vowel point it reads Jehovah. They added the vowel points from adonai to prevent anyone from pronouncing God's Name when they were reading.

"Jehovah" is actually a human term devised to obscure God's true Name.

Having come to know this, now what?

Much love!
I also examined english way back to its beginning .
We actually stem from old german .
Now go listen to a german speak a J . It sounds just like a Y .
Isnt that something . OH and then there is this . I HAVE MANIFESTED THY NAME unto the men WHO you did give me .
Yep . JESUS said that . Folks are doing all they can do deny the diety of Christ .
but lambs KNOW better . GOD IS HIS WORD and HIS WORD IS HE and the WORD became flesh . YEP .
Now lift those hands in praise unto the glorious LORD .
Hey mark . When we read the gospels . We can see times when JESUS rebuked his own desciples .
For example he rebuked them about the misunderstanding of the leaven . THE LOAVES .
another time he rebuked them about their question of WHO was to be the greatest .
Another time he REBUKED SIMON before them all .
He rebuked them when they slept and could not watch one hour .
BUT , and this is a big BUT too my friend .
WHEN thomas knelt before him and said MY LORD and MY GOD . I DIDNT SEE JESUS REBUKE HIM as though that were ERROR .
EXACTLY .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not matter whether Christ said He would raise Himself before or after the resurrection. The fact is that He did make this claim publicly and emphatically.

He never said he would raise himself from the dead, not one time. On the other hand there are about 30 some verses crediting God the Father as having raised his Son from the dead that most people totally ignore for an unscriptural belief. Nothing surprises me anymore.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Jesus didn't say he would raise himself from the dead, just "raise himself" which happened after already being raised from the dead. Each morning we all "raise ourselves". Scripture is very clear God the Father raised Jesus from the dead. No scripture states Jesus raised himself from the dead.

Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
Joh 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Jesus gave life back to Lazarus but how did Lazarus stand up (rise) from a laying position? Once he was alive he could "raise himself"

Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days (my Father will resurrect my body back to life) and I will raise it up (and walk out of my grave).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EASY Truth = Philippians 2:8-11 = make every effort to obey this Truth = failure to do is guaranteed eternal death

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Do you think those of Mat 7:21-23 did that David? What would you say was lacking in them? The answer is found in verse 21 sir.

Do you confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God, or do you in all honesty put him in the place of God? Something to consider David, as you are 100% correct, your eternal life is on the line, and the verses you and I gave are about that. Make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine! 1 Thes 5:21

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "i have the power to take up my life'.

I have the power of RESURRECTION

"I AM THE Resurrection"... John 11:25
We disagree Be, I say God resurrected Jesus, you say Jesus resurrected himself. We have both given our scriptural evidence now time will have to reveal which one of us if either is correct, but I will say this, God did give him the keys to life, therefore those who will receive life eternal will come through his judgment sir.

Reactions: ewq1938

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The conflation of those words, Adonai and YHWH, produced "Jehovah", not any thing else.

Apparently you don't know this, or don't want to know this. I can understand why.

Much love!
In all honesty I do not know if you are correct or not Marks. Adonai and YHWH are two different Hebrew words and one is translated Lord and the other Jehovah into English. This is the first I have heard of the two being combined to produce the Divine name in English. Every single Bible translator who translates YHWH which is God's name by the way, does so by using the English word Jehovah. I am no scholar, therefore I am not going to argue with their choice. Furthermore since every English Bible includes His name even though many do their best to leave it out, I have no choice but to believe He does not allow them to remove it sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you sidestep the question. Do you believe what Jesus said there or not? You seem to not want to accept clear fact.

Much love!
I accept everything Jesus said sir, I do not accept your understanding of it however. As I stated, the Bible does not contradict itself.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of us denies the validity of one of those passages, can you answer me which that is?

Much love!
As I stated multiple times and you have agreed, the Bible does not contradict itself. If it does it is your understanding that is off sir.

Jesus was dead in hell, the dead know nothing, and God resurrected him, that is what the Bible really teaches. I do not believe it is in error sir, I believe your interpretation of it is.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just hoping you can understand that "Jehovah" is a name for God that was contrived by men, not actually based on His revealed Name.

YHWH does not translate into "Jehovah". I'd expect that you'd know these things.

Much love!
Might you explain why you disagree with the Bible translators who translated the Divine name into English. What qualifies you to state they were in error sir?

I asked once before, and I will ask again, and I would appreciate an answer this time, do you know of any English version that does not include the Divine name Jah in it?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
YHWH does not translate into "Jehovah". I'd expect that you'd know these things.
Correct. It is generally translated as "Yahweh". However since the Hebrew language was originally just consonants, that is an approximation. In any event religious Jews would not even pronounce "Yahweh". Instead they would substitute "Adonai" (Lord). So the King James translators decided to substitute "LORD" (small caps) for YHWH. And there is nothing wrong with that. There are only three verses in the KJB which actually have "Jehovah" (Hebrew Yehovah) but it is the same Hebrew word YHWH.

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think those of Mat 7:21-23 did that David? What would you say was lacking in them? The answer is found in verse 21 sir.

Do you confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God, or do you in all honesty put him in the place of God? Something to consider David, as you are 100% correct, your eternal life is on the line, and the verses you and I gave are about that. Make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine! 1 Thes 5:21
The will of the FATHER from Heaven is this:

Therefore the Jews(all religions included here) sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath,
but He also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

19Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
20For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.
22For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,

(if you fail here you FAIL for all eternity)
23that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father = Godhead together as ONE
He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Father = Son
Son = Father
Father/Son/Holy Spirit are ONE

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't true though. Never once after the resurrection does any scripture credit the Son as raising himself.
Does this mean that Jesus was wrong when He said that He would raise His body from the dead? Is that what you are saying?

It sounds like you are taking seemingly contradictory Scriptures (contradictory not in fact, but in how you understand them) and to resolve the issue, you have picked one to discount as though it were not actually true.

Jesus said that He had life in Himself, that the Father had given the command that He both lay down His life, and take it up again. Jesus told the Pharisees that if they destroyed the temple (of His body) that in three days He - Jesus - would raise it up again.

When they killed Him, three days later, just as Jesus has said, He rose again. You deny that Jesus raised His body from the dead. Why? What is your specific reason to not accept what these Scriptures say?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also examined english way back to its beginning .
We actually stem from old german .
Now go listen to a german speak a J . It sounds just like a Y .
Isnt that something . OH and then there is this . I HAVE MANIFESTED THY NAME unto the men WHO you did give me .
Yep . JESUS said that . Folks are doing all they can do deny the diety of Christ .
but lambs KNOW better . GOD IS HIS WORD and HIS WORD IS HE and the WORD became flesh . YEP .
Now lift those hands in praise unto the glorious LORD .
Hey mark . When we read the gospels . We can see times when JESUS rebuked his own desciples .
For example he rebuked them about the misunderstanding of the leaven . THE LOAVES .
another time he rebuked them about their question of WHO was to be the greatest .
Another time he REBUKED SIMON before them all .
He rebuked them when they slept and could not watch one hour .
BUT , and this is a big BUT too my friend .
WHEN thomas knelt before him and said MY LORD and MY GOD . I DIDNT SEE JESUS REBUKE HIM as though that were ERROR .
EXACTLY .
When the King James translators wrote "Jesus", the "J" was then pronounced like "Y", just like you said, which would be pronounced Yesus. This would be a close English transliteration of the Greek Iesous (Yay-soos). Then the pronounciation of "J" was changed to be more like a soft "G". So now we say Jesus.

But that's nothing like the origin of "Jehovah", which is neither translation nor transliteration of YHWH, rather, it is a transliteration of the modified Name of God, so that it no longer is His Name.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all honesty I do not know if you are correct or not Marks. Adonai and YHWH are two different Hebrew words and one is translated Lord and the other Jehovah into English. This is the first I have heard of the two being combined to produce the Divine name in English. Every single Bible translator who translates YHWH which is God's name by the way, does so by using the English word Jehovah. I am no scholar, therefore I am not going to argue with their choice. Furthermore since every English Bible includes His name even though many do their best to leave it out, I have no choice but to believe He does not allow them to remove it sir.
It's easy enough to know. If you so desire. Since you put so much into the name "Jehovah", you should really understand what it is you are holding on to. Men modified YHWH into what we now say as Jehovah for the purpose of obscuring God's true Name, not revealing, not using, it, but exactly the opposite. Hiding it. Now many people use that modified name as if it were His Name. It's not.

We have One Name given under heaven by which men must be saved, and that name is not the made up "Jehovah", it is Jesus.

The one who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I accept everything Jesus said sir, I do not accept your understanding of it however. As I stated, the Bible does not contradict itself.
You don't seem to accept that Jesus raised His body from the dead. So I don't see how you can say you accept everything He said. It's a simple thing.

Much love!

Reactions: Ritajanice

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated multiple times and you have agreed, the Bible does not contradict itself. If it does it is your understanding that is off sir.

Jesus was dead in hell, the dead know nothing, and God resurrected him, that is what the Bible really teaches. I do not believe it is in error sir, I believe your interpretation of it is.
and in three days I will raise it again.

So . . . what does that REALLY mean? If it doesn't mean Jesus was going to raise His body from the dead in three days?

Much love!