Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I not answer this already? A sinner is one either not walking in the spirit (I think) or not having the spirit of Christ... meaning an unbeliever.
So a person walking in the spirit does not have a lifetime of sin?

Paul said he was the chief of all
Sinners. Was he not walking in the spirit?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says he was considered righteous not the same thing. I think he was saved on Mount Moriah but don't have a text up till now.
No it says he was imputed righteous.

Abraham was not righteous according to the law or any other standard he never was. No one was
Or is but Christ

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talking with you is like asking someone from thousands of years ago...'Have you ever flown"? Of course they would have no idea of what you are talking about asking them something so foreign to their experience.

How could I explain to them that in a plane we can "perfectly" overcome gravity...and fly higher even than birds. "Nonsense!" they would say. But how do we know we are "perfectly" overcoming gravity? Because to see the clouds you have to look down...rather than up.

Have you ever flown? What was your experience concerning gravity?

Have you ever entered INTO Christ? Have you ever partook of His grace to overcome as He did? Have you walked as He walked...in the light as He is in the light? How would you know?

By being seated in heavenly places in Christ we are empowered over sin to walk WHERE He is.
Well when you have a religious mindset like you do. It is hard to understand Gods truths.

I was saved from the penalty of sin. And the power of sin

I will be saved from the ability to sin when I am glorified. That will never happen in this
Lifetime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK will look at this.

What do you think @Episkopos ?
There is no understanding of what "imputing" means among those who have been religiously indoctrinated.

God considered or noticed that Abraham was righteous. God sees things as they really are. The religious scheme of today is that God is so unrighteous that He imputes righteousness to the unrighteous...which is exactly backwards. And also why it is so popular among those who hate righteousness.

We impute height to a tall person...we impute shortness of stature to a small person. We do NOT impute tallness to a short person.

We impute loudness to a jet taking off. We do not impute quietness to a jet engine. Simple stuff...but way beyond the religious reasoning that turns everything upside down.

Abraham was seen by God as righteous because of his faith. Abraham did what very few can do...trust in the Lord when everything seems impossible. Trusting in God is a righteous thing to do. Like believing we can possess the kingdom life right now.

Last edited:

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I can see that. God reckoned Abraham to be righteous because he was due to his faith.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why are religious fictions so attractive to the carnal mind? Because it comes down to cost. It cost us nothing to justify ourselves based on our beliefs about what Jesus accomplished for all mankind. It takes nothing to say...I'll take that. Takers take. But God is looking for givers. God is a Giver. Those who are self-interested takers will suffer the consequences. The bible exposes who we are. And God sees all.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a person walking in the spirit does not have a lifetime of sin?

Paul said he was the chief of all
Sinners. Was he not walking in the spirit?
I'm not sure if Christians sin when they are walking in their flesh. I am sure they do not sin when walking by the spirit because the spirit of Christ does not sin. Paul never referred to himself as a sinner in Christ. He was clearly referring to before he was saved when he said that he was the chief of all sinners.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. And God was faithful to bring the gospel to Cornelius so that he could believe. We don't have to worry that anyone is going to miss out because of a technicality...God will find or make a way for those He has foreknown to believe.
The desire of and message from GOD is very simple . HIS DESIRE was GOOD for humanity
HIS MESSAGE , BELIEVE and ye shall be saved .
This lamb keeps things real simple .
The rest of what i do not know i leave in the hands of the LORD .
BUT i know what JESUS preached . It was not a message of calivn or others .
IT was simply , YE MUST BELIEVE . He did give reason why folks would reject
but the message was , BELIEVE .
I truly believe that should be our message too .
If we examine the GOD of old test we gonna see its the same GOD of the new test
the same GOD of the fathers was the same GOD of paul and the apostels .
THAT GOD seemed to desire the death of none . BUT RATHER THEY REPENT , TO BELIEVE HIM , TO OBEY HIM
and not to believe a lie that kills and destroyes .
Many get busy pondering on the whys , or the many thoughts that do so often pop into the mind .
as for me , I PREACH what I KNOW . JESUS CHRIST and that GOD does desire the death of none
BUT THAT THEY WILL DIE HARSHLY THE SECOND DEATH if they chose to NOT HEED GOD , HIS CHRIST , HIS WORD , HIS SPIRIT .
HOW OFTEN would i have gathered THEE , ONLY YE , NOT GOD PREDETERMINED YOU WOULD NOT , BUT THAT THEE
WOuld NOT . ME THINKS we might wanna keep that reminder at hand .
As far as GOD KNOWING who will accept and who wont . THAT HE DOES KNOW , THAT WE DONT KNOW .
But we , we must preach what WE DO KNOW . AND what I DO KNOW and that BY GRACE IS
YE MUST BELIEVE IN CHRIST and another jesus simply wont do .
FOR IF WE TRULY , FROM THE HEART BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST , We would not be as adam and eve
and CHOOSE rather to believe what men TWIST unto us about HIM or what HE SAID .
NOW JESUS SAID to preach this message . PREACH THE TRUE GOSPEL , those who believe
those who believe not .....................
GOD too had given good instruction to adam and eve . YE may eat of the trees of the garden
but , BUT IN the day ye eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil , YE SHALL DIE .
JESUS said IF THEY BELIEVE NOT it will be worse for them than er it was for SODOM .
NOW the serpent was very wise , more subtile than any beast of the field ...............and HE TWISTED what GOD SAID
and EVE chose to believe HIM not GOD .
Now the serpent is still wise and more subtile than any beast
and many now choose to heed his version of love which sayeth , NAY ye shall not surely die if ye believe not
for GOD is love . GUESS WHO I AM GONNA HEED . NOT the serpent and his all inclusive rainbow holding keyran holding
lie . ME GONNA BELIEVE JESUS . TRUTH is , and what i say next is not blasphemous or blasphmey .
TRUTH IS , I TRULY and WHOLEHEARTEDLY BELIEVE , IF JESUS SAID IT , GOD SAID IT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.” 2 Pet. 3:16

Could it be that the unlearned or unstable can't see the difficulty...because they assume to understand when they do not.
ITS cause the unstable is DOUBLE MINDED . ye cannot sit at the table of inclusivity and that of CHRIST .
YE cannot sip of the cup of a lie and a cup of truth . YOU are double minded .
i seen what you preach and i shall expose the lie . TIME you point to the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
PUT THAT AT THE FRONT OF EVERY MESSAGE YOU SAY , then remind BELIEVERS to pick up their cross .
YOUR MESSAGE DONT DO THAT . i seen what you have said . you speak like the pope does
you speak like inclusvism does . That somehow any religion or people can pick up the cross , WHETHER OR NOT they beleive on JESUS .
ITS a religoin of death you preach and you will be held accountable for it ON the DAY OF JESUS CHRIST .
UNLESS , key words , UNLESS YE REPENT OF IT and start actually preaching JESUS CHRIST and HIM CRUCIFIED
JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS . rather than Picking up a CHRISTLESS CROSS and doing it YOURSELF .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we can still be led by our feelings and emotions without even realising it, which is the old mindset
..it never wants to go away does it.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6

I trust in God to keep me on the narrow path...I received a word from him a few minutes ago from a friend....do not be led by your emotions you are led by the Spirit....that is the word God wanted me to receive and I received it therefore why should I worry about what tomorrow may bring.

I’m a simple person....and Gods word is simple to understand once “ HE” brings you to his truth....and only God can bring you to his truth....man/ woman cannot.

We follow God and not the doctrine of men/ woman....not referring to you Epi....just my thoughts....

Last edited:

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no trinity. Nobody has ever been able to give me a verse on that which makes sense to me. Nor has anyone ever been able to tell me what the purpose was to have God be a man.
Peterlag it would have been useful if you had disclosed this perhaps in your signature for discussions on a Christian board like saying you are an Arian thanks.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peterlag it would have been useful if you had disclosed this perhaps in your signature for discussions on a Christian board like saying you are an Arian thanks.
What's an Arian? One who knows the Bible well?

Reactions: APAK
Status
Not open for further replies.