Is There Different Beliefs Among Catholics? Chrislam Movement?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
inviting experienced Christians to "the wedding feast of the lamb" is condescending and sophomoric at best, yes, and foisting Catholic dogma on us as if it were Christian is worse. I recognize that you do mot do this, but then i thought i had made that clear. Your fellows are being dicks, and i am now done with my attempts to remediate in this manner ok, i just had to try, knew it was pointless already. goodbye

Have you considered BOL’s education or skill set? He is giving you what he has been able to grasp. It is all he has. I am not excusing his rudeness. But you are expecting more from him than he can give. We all have our limitations

Reactions: epostle

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from your perspective, perhaps, yes, but from others, Jesus broke virtually every Commandment in the Decalogue, and while you post in satan's dialectic, as if you were the arbiter, you are wadr not, and neither am i of course. So, no offense meant, but i have no desire to shred up the rest of your post to no productive end ok

No clue what you are talking about...

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Have you considered BOL’s education or skill set? He is giving you what he has been able to grasp. It is all he has. I am not excusing his rudeness. But you are expecting more from him than he can give. We all have our limitations
of course; i do not mean to blame BoL here for anything. BoL is to be pitied, yeh? He is already bound, and so no worries, see. And you and amadeus--just for examples--have always shown respect for our beliefs here. So no offense, but we are once again discussing an irrelevancy, at least imo.

Your fellow pj is going to be bound, and i only wished to make this plain beforehand. Pj is going to be pitied, only differently, and i am going to be sinning if i am not careful, but nonetheless forgiven, and we have ample Scripture for all of this too. Bc see, i have nothing to lose, jail does not bother me, i get to read in peace, i bet canadian jails even still feed inmates, not like here in the empire, and etc.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No clue what you are talking about...

Glory to God,
Taken
but if you wanted to understand, you would enquire, wadr
and bam do not enquire of me, i understand
go enquire of someone else even

i doubt enquiring of me would help you much anyway, you are prolly right there, but fwiw you currently believe that a couple literally ate an apple from a forbidden tree once in the distant past, and wadr there are more steps on that ladder ok. "Fruit" and "tree" have symbolic meanings, yeh? And so until you understand that, you will manifest "the fruit of the tree of knowledge" as you are doing right now in every post you make, as we all do, until we stop doing it, ok sis? No big deal though ok, its just a thing. But it is a real thing

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok I think I understand. You object to anyone who is not a Christian calling themselves a Christian and pretending to be a sheep, when actually they are a wolf, picking off true believers....ok

I am sure you see the irony here....

1. Telling a Catholic they are not Christian is like a Mormon telling a Protestant that they are not Christian. Indeed, like European settlers in America, denying their European roots, Sola Scriptura followers love to deny their Catholicity. When a group usurps key doctrines and scripture assembled by another group and then declares themselves to be true believers that have nothing to with the group they came out of it really can be hard to watch.....

2. Catholic doctrine meets the definition of this board’s definition of Christianity - yours does not.

3. based on our relationship to this board and the community I have been here awhile, you are a newcomer. If anyone ‘walked into a congregation’ pretending to be something they are not, it is not me
For the record--

Catholics are Christians. Protestants are Christians. "Mormons" are Christians.

They're all different subgroups and each think their particular way is most correct. But they're all Christian.

Let's not play the stupid game where we try to deny someone else's relationship with the Savior. (Note: I don't think Aspen was, this is more of a general comment).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
of course; i do not mean to blame BoL here for anything. BoL is to be pitied, yeh? He is already bound, and so no worries, see. And you and amadeus--just for examples--have always shown respect for our beliefs here. So no offense, but we are once again discussing an irrelevancy, at least imo.

Your fellow pj is going to be bound, and i only wished to make this plain beforehand. Pj is going to be pitied, only differently, and i am going to be sinning if i am not careful, but nonetheless forgiven, and we have ample Scripture for all of this too. Bc see, i have nothing to lose, jail does not bother me, i get to read, and etc.
edited @aspen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record--

They're all different subgroups and each think their particular way is most correct. But they're all Christian.

Let's not play the stupid game where we try to deny someone else's relationship with the Savior. (Note: I don't think Aspen was, this is more of a general comment).
No - Catholics and Protestants are Christians because they believe in the Triune Godhead and profess Christ as Lord and Savior.
Mormons do NOT believe in the Triune Godhead and, therefore, are NOT Christians.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on his posts, BOL places doctrine over people. We disagree on this point. I also think rudeness is a betrayal of Christ’s sacrifice - it is repugnant
I simply expose anti-Catholic lies and those who persist in engaging in them.
This is only "rude" to those who are guilty.

Reactions: epostle

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - Catholics and Protestants are Christians because they believe in the Triune Godhead and profess Christ as Lord and Savior.
Mormons do NOT believe in the Triune Godhead and, therefore, are NOT Christians.
LDS Christians believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are three divine persons in one God. There academic disagreements with the how three are one versus the Athanasian Creed’s statement, but such academic disagreements do not. invalidate anyone’s relationship with Christ. Theology is important, but is is a relationship with Christ Lord that makes a person a Christian.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
obv you are not hearing me, aspen; i have no objections, whatsoever, to Catholicism bro. This is not about Catholicism or Catholics at all. I do not have anything "against" Catholics, at all.
Actually - this is just another pone of your lies.

You have told me on SEVERAL occasions that Catholics have no business being here on this forum and that you don't understand why the Moderators allow us to post.

If that's not anti-Catholic - then NOTHING is . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LDS Christians believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are three divine persons in one God. There academic disagreements with the how three are one versus the Athanasian Creed’s statement, but such academic disagreements do not. invalidate anyone’s relationship with Christ. Theology is important, but is is a relationship with Christ Lord that makes a person a Christian.
Wrong.

Mormons are polytheistic.
They believe in a partnership of THREE gods - not the Trinity (ONE God, three Persons).

A true relationship with Christ can ONLY happen when one accepts the true natuee of God as a Trinity.
You can't have a true relationship with a counterfeit being.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not that anyone should have to suffer BoL for this long w/o seeing some evidence of change imo. How many times does he get to call everyone else liars?
As long as you engage in lies about the Church - I will be there to expose you.
How's that for an answer?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

Mormons are polytheistic.
They believe in a partnership of THREE gods - not the Trinity (ONE God, three Persons).

A true relationship with Christ can ONLY happen when one accepts the true natuee of God as a Trinity.
You can't have a true relationship with a counterfeit being.
Are you really trying to inform a decades old member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Laster-Day Saints what members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe and teach?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you really trying to inform a decades old member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Laster-Day Saints what members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe and teach?
No - I'm not trying to give you a lesson in Mormonism.
I'm telling you the difference between Trinitarian Christianity and the Mormon Polytheistic "Trinity".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For the record--

wadr so you say, and imo "Christian" is not the standard anyway? No, mormons nor Catholics are not "Christian," by any stretch of the imagination, but so what? For the record narf, pls
there are no "persons" in Yah, but i am not inclined to quibble, sis, nor Quote the relevant Scriptures at you. LDS are allowed to believe whatever they like, too, i reckon! Same as Catholics, or anyone, right

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I'm not trying to give you a lesson in Mormonism.
I'm telling you the difference between Trinitarian Christianity and the Mormon Polytheistic "Trinity".
If you want to do such a comparison, you’d have to start by listening and learning wha t members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints actually believe.

If you’re not interested in such, then skip such statements about somebody you don’t know and don’t care to know.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From lds.org:

Who do Mormons believe Jesus Christ is?
Like most Christians, Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Creator of the World. However, Mormons hold the unique belief that God the Father and Jesus Christ are two distinct beings. Mormons believe that God and Jesus Christ are wholly united in their perfect love for us, but that each is a distinct personage with His own perfect, glorified body (see D&C 130:22).

This is NOT the Godhead of Christianity nor the Trinity.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
is someone doing a comparison? but maybe you are corresponding with someone else here, dunno?
interesting that you mention this, though; comparison is exactly what i am trying to prevent, yeh

interesting to me--in the vein of the op--that the Qur'an allows that any who follow Ísā ibn Maryam are to be considered brothers...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to do such a comparison, you’d have to start by listening and learning wha t members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints actually believe.

If you’re not interested in such, then skip such statements and pretending somebody you don’t care to know or understand couldn’t have a relationship with Christ.
As I just showed you in post #78 - from lds.org - Mormons are NOT Christians.
They are Ploytheists.