Is There Different Beliefs Among Catholics? Chrislam Movement?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr so you say, and imo "Christian" is not the standard anyway? No, mormons nor Catholics are not "Christian," by any stretch of the imagination, but so what? For the record narf, pls

there are no "persons" in Yah, but i am not inclined to quibble, sis, nor Quote the relevant Scriptures at you. LDS are allowed to believe whatever they like, too, i reckon! Same as Catholics, or anyone, right
(I missed this post earlier, my apologies)

A Christian is a disciple of Christ. A person whom gives their heart, mind, and soul to Him, the Only Begotten Son of God. Yes, they will mess up royally along the way, but it is that relationship which is the most important thing in the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
(I missed this post earlier, my apologies)

A Christian is a disciple of Christ. A person whom gives their heart, mind, and soul to Him, the Only Begotten Son of God. Yes, they will mess up royally along the way, but it is that relationship which is the most important thing in the world.
hegelian as it gets, but "like" anyway
what is the fruit of the tree, iyo?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Have you considered BOL’s education or skill set? He is giving you what he has been able to grasp. It is all he has. I am not excusing his rudeness. But you are expecting more from him than he can give. We all have our limitations
and fwiw i knew this was an undercover RCC site three years ago, k; im just tryna rattle your tree a little bro
before it gets cut down (Scripture on demand)
Catholicism is an awesome religion!
to be from

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again: LDS Christians don’t have special definitions for “person” versus “being”. See post 93.
You don’t get to redefine words.
This nonsense is what is known as relativism – “MY truth” vs “YOUR truth”.

Truth is TRUTH – it’s not up for grabs.
Redefining the definition of “Being” is nothing more than grammatical acrobatics . . .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t get to redefine words.
This nonsense is what is known as relativism – “MY truth” vs “YOUR truth”.

Truth is TRUTH – it’s not up for grabs.
Redefining the definition of “Being” is nothing more than grammatical acrobatics . . .
Your statement actually applies both ways.

If anyone wants to understand Catholic Christian theology or make statements about that, I need to take the time to understand the words and meanings being used with those words. No non-Catholic else gets to "decide" what is meant in a Catholic Christian statement and "inform" a Catholic what is meant.

Likewise if anyone else wants to understand LDS Christian theology or make statements about that. Or Baptist Christian theology, etc.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, sorry, so if it isnt an apple then what is it iyo

IT...was the fruit of taking within oneself, that which is Against God.

In the beginning, The Voice of God (God Himself) was present with Adam. Man and woman whom God called Adam.

Gen 5
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

God was teaching and directing Adam with ONLY GOOD "fruit" for them to TAKE into themselves, for a GOOD benefit for them.

However Before mankind, there were created holy Angels, and ONE inparticular Angel was given Great Beauty, and Great Talent, and Great Power...and "that Angel" used his attributes to Influence other "holy Angels", resulting in them being cast Down;
From their Heavenly Estate, To Earth.

Earth is the Estate of Human men.
Earthly men are born in sin, and commit sin, which is to say: they are naturally born, without knowledge of God, or love toward God, AND have an Adversary of God, whose desire is to influence earthly men to Reject God and Accept him.

Thus the "FRUIT" of man hinges on what the man IS WILLING to:
Hear, Learn, Believe, Trust, Accept, and Commit to.

It is a JOURNEY for every individual person.
And Every single individual person....WILL experience Internal Conflict "within" themselves....
MEANING:
Every earthly person;
Has a BRAIN, and that Brain is designed to Process what it hears and learns, and conclude: through:
"Guessing, Logic, most sensible, weighing to CONCLUDE...what the "MINDS THOUGHTS", shall TRUST to Believe.

However, every individual person ALSO has a "natural spirit", which simply IS: the persons THOUGHTS in their "HEART".
Which is to say: THAT is where a persons Absolute TRUTH IS.

Every person experiences CONFLICT within themselves;
When the Heart KNOWS the Truth,
And the Mind (also KNOWS the Truth), but the Mouth speaks, and the persons Actions are from the Deception of the Mind.

The knowledge given in Genesis IS a Foreshadow;
Earthly men WILL have Conflict within themselves.
Earthly men have the Liberty of Choice.
Earthly men have a Choice, of WHERE they get their information and Knowledge.
Earthly men can Expect the Consequence revealed, For their Choices.

God instructed Adam:
Eat from every tree in the Garden:
EXCEPT: the tree of good "AND evil".
ONE "probation".
Gen 2: 17
And the consequence IF Adam should eat of THAT tree.

The Tree of LIFE was also in the Garden.
A Tree Adam DID NOT EAT From, While he was IN the Garden.
Gen 3:22

Later we learn 'the TREE of LIFE", IS the Fruit of Gods Knowledge of Truth; that should a man Eat, consume, ingest within himself, that that mans Consequence Shall be eternal LIFE.

So...the Fruit is NOT an apple, orange, lemon or physical Fruit, but rather a man taking WITHIN himself the Truthful Knowledge of Gods Word.

We take within ourselves Knowlege through Hearing....You can't UNHEAR, what you HAVE heard. You can simply use your Liberty to BELIEVE and TRUST what you HEAR...or Not.

Glory to Good,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement actually applies both ways.

If anyone wants to understand Catholic Christian theology or make statements about that, I need to take the time to understand the words and meanings being used with those words. No non-Catholic else gets to "decide" what is meant in a Catholic Christian statement and "inform" a Catholic what is meant.

Likewise if anyone else wants to understand LDS Christian theology or make statements about that. Or Baptist Christian theology, etc.
Apples and Oranges.
Catholic Theology doesn’t attempt to redefine words in order to slip one past the goalie.

For Mormons to officially declare that the Father and the Son are “Two distinct beings” – then to try to redefine “Distinct beings” as “ONE God” is ludicrous. It’s polytheism.

The Christian definition of the Trinity is ONE Being manifested as Three distinct PERSONS.
You don’t get to claim, “Well, we SAY this – but we REALLY believe that" . . .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apples and Oranges.
Catholic Theology doesn’t attempt to redefine words in order to slip one past the goalie.

For Mormons to officially declare that the Father and the Son are “Two distinct beings” – then to try to redefine “Distinct beings” as “ONE God” is ludicrous. It’s polytheism.

The Christian definition of the Trinity is ONE Being manifested as Three distinct PERSONS.
You don’t get to claim, “Well, we SAY this – but we REALLY believe that" . . .
BOL: you seem to be mistaken. I'm not trying to pretend to be an Athanasian Christian. I do not ratify that document, and in fact have some major disagreements with it.

And I am not Catholic.

But I am going to explain what is is I do believe. I am a Christian: a person whom has dedicated their life to following Christ. I believe in ONE God, in three divine persons. I believe that they are one through unity, rather than “substance” as described in the Athanasian Creed- that's where the point of disagreement is.

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL: you seem to be mistaken. I'm not trying to pretend to be an Athanasian Christian. I do not ratify that document, and in fact have some major disagreements with it.

And I am not Catholic.

But I am going to explain what is is I do believe. I am a Christian: a person whom has dedicated their life to following Christ. I believe in ONE God, in three divine persons. I believe that they are one through unity, rather than “substance” as described in the Athanasian Creed- that's where the point of disagreement is.
And I’m not trying to get you to change your belief.
I am merely stating that what YOU believe is NOT Trinitarian Christianity.

The Trinity is probably THE most basic tenet of Christianity. If you get that wrong – then the rest is wrong. Virtually every heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God.

You cannot be a Christian and deny that the Trinity is anything other than ONE substance manifested as Three distinct Persons. Besides - Athanasius didn't invent the Trinity.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I’m not trying to get you to change your belief.
I am merely stating that what YOU believe is NOT Trinitarian Christianity.

The Trinity is probably THE most basic tenet of Christianity. If you get that wrong – then the rest is wrong. Virtually every heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God.

You cannot be a Christian and deny that the Trinity is anything other than ONE substance manifested as Three distinct Persons. Besides - Athanasius didn't invent the Trinity.
(editted for politeness)
I read the Bible and find the core tenet to be Jesus Christ: that He is the Son of God, Savior of the world, and that all men all called to repent and come unto Him.

Metaphysical understandings are very secondary. The issue of God's "substance" is not directly addressed in the Bible at all, and it's a very confusing topic only a small percentage of Christians directly brooch.

But the core of the Gospel (Christ's birth, life, death, resurrection, and our Savior) is simple: a child disciple can embrace it, believe, and explain it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(editted for politeness)
I read the Bible and find the core tenet to be Jesus Christ: that He is the Son of God, Savior of the world, and that all men all called to repent and come unto Him.

Metaphysical understandings are very secondary. The issue of God's "substance" is not directly addressed in the Bible at all, and it's a very confusing topic only a small percentage of Christians directly brooch.

But the core of the Gospel (Christ's birth, life, death, resurrection, and our Savior) is simple: a child disciple can embrace it, believe, and explain it.
If you reject the Biblical understanding of the Trinity and invent your own - then you have invented a different Christ.
So, belief in this man-made Christ is belief in a different god altogether.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you reject the Biblical understanding of the Trinity and invent your own - then you have invented a different Christ.

Except that the Bible doesn't say anything about a special substance for God. That's codified in a document written 500 AD.

And pardon my bluntness: but I get really sick of folks saying essentially "well that doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter than I don't understand it either or care to understand your concerns here. You just got to smile and nod and say you believe this thing to be included in the 'Christian' camp." Because frankly, I find that to be ... suffice it to say objectionable and not a Christ-like approach to Him.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WOW... Thanks, that Explains ALOT about YOUR claims.

Fascinating Testimony from a guy who CLAIMS his god IS A HUMAN, made from the SEED of a HUMAN WOMAN.

^ THAT is NOT the Chirst in Scripture...

And you are correct, your belief IS in a man-made christ and different god.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that the Bible doesn't say anything about a special substance for God. That's codified in a document written 500 AD.

And pardon my bluntness: but I get really sick of folks saying essentially "well that doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter than I don't understand it either or care to understand your concerns here. You just got to smile and nod and say you believe this thing to be included in the 'Christian' camp." Because frankly, I find that to be ... suffice it to say objectionable and not a Christ-like approach to Him.
No – what’s objectionable is when people claim to be Christian – yet they completely reject the God-given Authority of Christ’s Church.

Jesus told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER THEY loosed or held bound on earth would be loosed or held bound in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:16-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23). He told them that the Holy Spirit would guide them to ALL Truth. (John 16:12-15). That Church has existed since Pentecost – some 2000 years ago. The Mormon (LDS) church only came about less than 200 years ago with its redefinition of who God is.

Sorry – but you don't get to take the Christian Bible, redefine its core tenets and still call yourself a "Christian."

That definition out-dates your group by over 1800 years . . .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – what’s objectionable is when people claim to be Christian – yet they completely reject the God-given Authority of Christ’s Church.

Jesus told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER THEY loosed or held bound on earth would be loosed or held bound in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:16-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23). He told them that the Holy Spirit would guide them to ALL Truth. (John 16:12-15). That Church has existed since Pentecost – some 2000 years ago. The Mormon (LDS) church only came about less than 200 years ago with its redefinition of who God is.

Sorry – but you don't get to take the Christian Bible, redefine its core tenets and still call yourself a "Christian."

That definition out-dates your group by over 1800 years . . .
Well, that's your objection to everyone who's not Catholic and/or doesn't blindly accept the Pope as their authority.

Sorry, but not everyone is Catholic. I have nothing against Catholics, having Catholic friends, frequently celebrating Christ with them, attending more Masses than I can count, and thoroughly studying Catholic beliefs (from top notch Catholic people and sources). But I am not Catholic and do not agree with certain Catholic beliefs/practices, and hence cannot be Catholic.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's your objection to everyone who's not Catholic and/or doesn't blindly accept the Pope as their authority.

Sorry, but not everyone is Catholic. I have nothing against Catholics, having Catholic friends, frequently celebrating Christ with them, attending more Masses than I can count, and thoroughly studying Catholic beliefs (from top notch Catholic people and sources). But I am not Catholic and do not agree with certain Catholic beliefs/practices, and hence cannot be Catholic.
ALL Christian's define God this way. Joseph Smith perverted the definition.

It is not exclusively a Catholic belief.