Is there salvation outside the Catholic Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys know I just skip over books being copied and pasted as written statements. I use my own brain. Its part of the seeking process.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once thought all the churches were going to be great fellowship, all across the country, and the world in any country.
One by one, over years, almost all proved they were not truthful, not in Jesus, not honoring God's Word,
and most sad of all = all of them ADMITTED THIS WHEN QUESTIONED !!!

They did not deny the disobedient sin, the waywardness on purpose, nor

nor, did they say they thought they had to change, to repent, to start doing what Jesus says plainly - they 'universally' said
that's not the way we do things. We've done things the way we do and we are going to keep doing this way, even if it is not what Scripture says - and anyway, what Scripture meant a few years ago has changed today, so we can do what we choose.....

Thus by their own words condemned already for their unbelief, as Scripture says clearly.

Only a few laid down their lives at all, let alone daily, for one another.
Only a few follow Jesus no matter where He Goes, immediately and without questioning Him in unbelief and doubt.

Only a few were willing to give up everything to follow Jesus, to be His Disciple, the Way He Says to all Disciples... and give up their own family and friends and (previous) religion and (previous) idolatry ....

As written, only a remnant, few, find the narrow road to life.
And many, the whole world basically, are on the wide road to destruction.

So , yes, until he gives you a reason like those or others to doubt their salvation, or even simply to know they are sons of disobedience, give them the "benefit of the doubt" as much as possible, without compromising your own faith, without giving up the One True Way of Life, Walking in the Light with Jesus, in Union With Jesus and With the Father as written throughout the NT.

I will assume that any Christian connects to the Holy Spirit until he gives me reason to doubt it.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You declared the bible over the shroud? The Shroud is visual proof in Jesus and Mary and his Church..

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No mention of Catholic in the Bible. Not even once.

It merely means "universal." His church. And yes, this is why Protestants profess belief in the "Holy Catholic Church." It's not just Roman Catholics; it's every one of His people.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It merely means "universal." His church. And yes, this is why Protestants profess belief in the "Holy Catholic Church." It's not just Roman Catholics; it's every one of His people.

Well that is the Vatican 2 belief. I'm on the Traditional Mary side of it.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nothing overrules the Bible for Christians.

Obey your leaders and defer to them, for they keep watch over you and will have to give an account, that they may fulfill their task with joy and not with sorrow, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Peace!

Reactions: Marymog

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said "in the Bible". Nothing overrules the Bible for Christians. Not even the Pope.

Nothing overrides the bible?

Prostitutes?
Douay-Rheims Bible

Ezekiel23:47
And let the people stone them with stone, and let them be stabbed with their swords: they shall kill their sons and daughters, and their houses they shall burn with fire.

Why would you put their children to sword? NO wonder Jesus came to save them. That was their parents sin.

I'm sure I would override that if I saw it.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing overrides the bible?

That's right, not for Christians! The Bible is the Word of God.

Prostitutes?
Douay-Rheims Bible

Ezekiel23:47
And let the people stone them with stone, and let them be stabbed with their swords: they shall kill their sons and daughters, and their houses they shall burn with fire.

Why would you put their children to sword? NO wonder Jesus came to save them. That was their parents sin.

I'm sure I would override that if I saw it.

Why are you citing the Law of Moses? It was ONLY for Israel, not Christians.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I forgot we only follow some of the bible.

I have heard Pope after Pope say this doctrine...No salvation outside. but the Vatican 2 people don't say it.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I forgot we only follow some of the bible.

I have heard Pope after Pope say this doctrine...No salvation outside. but the Vatican 2 people don't say it.
Well yeah, it's called the New Covenant. Don't Catholics believe the New Covenant?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that is the Vatican 2 belief. I

It is the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church. So that is what Roman Catholics believe. There are some breakaway sects that retain much of the Church liturgy, but no longer follow the teachings of the Church.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church. So that is what Roman Catholics believe. There are some breakaway sects that retain much of the Church liturgy, but no longer follow the teachings of the Church.

Yeah, I know its teachings. That's Judas kissing Jesus.

john_paul_ii_kisses_koran-620x320.jpg

Nobody here can say this V2 is better than my faith.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said there was 2 faiths..

1. Lazarus who just believe (faith alone) is yet to live .. who does die.

2. And then the person who liveth and believeth and never dies.

I have seen the stories on Sgt York and know only God was with him. So I do know --- some faith is like Lazarus. I do accept --- God allows some Faith only. But its rough!! waiting for him to come back!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Council of Trent said Baptism in other faiths that do how they do it is still valid. . My mom was one. And this was before V2 doctrine of all faiths save. . I'm not believing that all faiths lead to God, like jp2 said, that Islam is capable of going to heaven the Islam way. Not believing in Jesus / being baptized is outside the Church. All you have to do is listen to what Jesus said that unbelieving was way worse than Sodom people.

Last edited:

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is salvation outside ANY Church!!
"Church" has nothing to do with our redemption .
But-
" By grace through faith.." :)

*The Lord places all the saved in THE CHURCH (Acts 2:38,47).

It seems as though the Lord Himself disagrees with you.

I would think we need to be with the Lord on this point.

Thanks