Is this statement true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you use a word made up by pagans! Interesting.

Once again you huff and puff, and when asked to support your allegations and hypotheses- just ad-hominems and silence.

You do not even have the honor in th is discussion to even attempt to rebut the proofs I gave for why you are wrong!

YOU have been shown the etymological history of the name Jesus. It just rubs your pride the wrong way because it is an accurate history of how th ename developed over time in different languages.

YOu are free to use the Hebrew pronunciation. But to chastise those who use the English derivation? That is legalism and arrogance on your part!

Do as you wish

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
though different from the Joshua the son of Nun.
הוֹשֻׁ֣עַ
yə-hō-wō-šu-a‘

which is different from Jeshua the Messiah:

Yeshua (ישוע‎, with vowel pointing יֵשׁוּעַ‎ – yēšūă‘ in Hebrew) was a common alternative form of the name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ‎ ("Yehoshua" – Joshua) in later books of the Hebrew Bible and among Jews of the Second Temple period. The name corresponds to the Greek spelling Iesous (Ἰησοῦς), from which, through the Latin Iesus, comes the English spelling Jesus.[1][2]
Do I speak another language? I asked you what the English translated name of Yoshua is. Do you understand?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I speak another language? I asked you what the English translated name of Yoshua is. Do you understand?

I apologize. I put the name Joshua on that post. I may have inadvertently cut oit out by mistake.

But Y'shua transliterated is Joshua.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the? Answer just my question, what is the english translated name of Yeshua.
You get into the process of translations. Here is the short of it.
If you are translating the Hebrew word for horse into English, then you use the English word for horse.
Names and places are different. You take the Hebrew name of a place or a person and you phonically spell it into
English.
Christ's mother called Christ Yeshua.....written ישוע in Hebrew.
His name is still Yeshua...the sound is nearly the same...You say Yeshua....if you want to be a little more correct a little more Hebrew, their "Y" had an e-tang to it. eYeshua or eYes-shoe-a

The fact that the New Testament was written in the Pagan Greek language presents its own problems. And that is a story in itself and presents unique challenges when translating from the Greek to the English.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct but that is not how it is said ini English! or hundreds of other languages. Sorry but that is reality.

You are creating a tempest in a teapot!
The jokes on you.
Jesus is not a translation or pronunciation of anything. It is a made up word. It did not exist before the 1600's.
Granted it is popular. I do not follow the popular, I believe in the truth. And I believe Christ's name is important enough to stand up for.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jokes on you.
Jesus is not a translation or pronunciation of anything. It is a made up word. It did not exist before the 1600's.
Granted it is popular. I do not follow the popular, I believe in the truth. And I believe Christ's name is important enough to stand up for.

YOu read too many conspiracy theories!

I posted the debunks to this and why you are so very worng.

Jesus is a translation. It started in Hebrew, then went to Greek, then Latin then English. English did not start using J's until the late 1500's When they did many words with Y's were pronounced with J's.

go back and look at teh etymological history I posted for you !

Yeshua is a transliteration . If you know what that means.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu read too many conspiracy theories!

I posted the debunks to this and why you are so very worng.

Jesus is a translation. It started in Hebrew, then went to Greek, then Latin then English. English did not start using J's until the late 1500's When they did many words with Y's were pronounced with J's.

go back and look at teh etymological history I posted for you !

Yeshua is a transliteration . If you know what that means.

Hey I can post something that debunks Christianity...that does not mean I am stupid enough to do it.
Jesus is not a translation and it was not a word until the 1600's.
No one know where the word Jesus came from.
That is why some idiot was trying to say that it came from the word Zeus.

go back and look at teh etymological history I posted for you

It is all a farce. There is no reason to run Yeshua through the language mills.
Yeshua can be spelled in English and said in English and God's name is important enough to be known.
Maybe not to you?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey I can post something that debunks Christianity...that does not mean I am stupid enough to do it.
Jesus is not a translation and it was not a word until the 1600's.
No one know where the word Jesus came from.
That is why some idiot was trying to say that it came from the word Zeus.

go back and look at teh etymological history I posted for you

It is all a farce. There is no reason to run Yeshua through the language mills.
Yeshua can be spelled in English and said in English and God's name is important enough to be known.
Maybe not to you?

It also can be spelled in all phonetic alphabets but it isn't! Deal with it.

And it is sad you know not where the name Jesus came from. I posted you two expert sites showing the history of the name and how it came to be. Just shows you are not interested in finding out that there may be more than what you think .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does translate mean for you?

Well going from language to language, how one word is pronounced in one language from another!

Like Pavel in Russian is translated Paul in English.

What is this in English? Yirmiyahu.

So what does transliterate mean? C'mon you can even look it up in a dictionary.

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well going from language to language, how one word is pronounced in one language from another!

Like Pavel in Russian is translated Paul in English.
If this is the meaning of "translation" what is then the meaning of "transliteration"?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also can be spelled in all phonetic alphabets but it isn't! Deal with it.

And it is sad you know not where the name Jesus came from. I posted you two expert sites showing the history of the name and how it came to be. Just shows you are not interested in finding out that there may be more than what you think .

You know there are experts running the Corona virus....lol
There are linguists that know that the name Jesus came from nowhere.
There are historians that know that the name Jesus came from nowhere.
There are Jewish professors at the Jewish Studies at American University in Washington DC that know that Yeshua is His name.
There are Jewish professors at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem that know that Yeshua is his name.
And the sad thing, any dumb cluck if they took a little time could find this out.
I have been in Sunday School at several churches that even twelve year olds knew that Christ's name is Yeshua and His Father's name is Yahweh.