Islam may be better for me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
Shalom,

I am a dark-skinned person (of Indian origin), so people assume I am a Muslim or whatever. Since Christianity is invariably tied to the west, this is not all that surprising, albeit very frustrating. Maybe, this is God's way of saying: Islam is the religion for people of color. I don't know. All I know is that I am annoyed by the attitude of Christians, who seem more into country/flag than they are into Christ.

Peace,
Elysian

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
People who are into their country more than Christ do not belong to Christ! Jesus Christ died for everyone who wants to follow him! Please don't be discouraged. Many people claim Christianity while not even knowing what it is about. Our Father in heaven is not the one who divides people based on race. He divides us based on whether we know him, love him, and obey him. Put your Faith in God and his sons sacrifice for our sins. If we look at man we will be disappointed every time.

Father please bless Elysian and teach him your ways! In Jesus name I ask.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Shalom,

I am a dark-skinned person (of Indian origin), so people assume I am a Muslim or whatever. Since Christianity is invariably tied to the west, this is not all that surprising, albeit very frustrating. Maybe, this is God's way of saying: Islam is the religion for people of color. I don't know. All I know is that I am annoyed by the attitude of Christians, who seem more into country/flag than they are into Christ.

Peace,
Elysian

AMEN! That's why it is important to keep your eyes on Christ and not man! Shirley is correct..."Jesus Christ died for everyone who wants to follow him!"

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Maybe, this is God's way of saying: Islam is the religion for people of color. I don't know. All I know is that I am annoyed by the attitude of Christians, who seem more into country/flag than they are into Christ.

-- It comes down to this:
A. You don't know very many Christians and you are judging the whole group by the few
B. You are guilty of judging Christians in the same way Muslims complain they are being judged
C. You really have no idea whatsoever who God is.
D. All of the above

I vote 'D'

My African-American head pastor, my Hispanic pastor who leads the music ministry, and my Asian-American husband and wife pastors who run the Children's Church would disagree with you greatly.

So would the Christians in Egypt who are currently watching their churches being burned and are experiencing violence and facing death threats in that 90% Muslim country.

The millions of Christians in China that are facing prison and persecution for their faith would likely side with them, as well.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elysian,

It's tough to respond to that. Do you honestly feel that a religion is based on skin color? Acts 17:26 suggest we are all one blood. Acts 8:26 starts the account of an Ethopian eunuch who was converted to Christianity. I can only imagine he was a dark skinned man. Some people even think Jesus was a darked skin man, which I don't have a problem with. It is a very Eurocentric view point that he was about 5'10", long brown or red hair and had a beard.

It just seems absolutely wrong to base your salvation on skin color. I have very little knowledge of Islam, but I would think they'd be embarrased to believe you picked that religion based on skin color.

As for the attitude of christians, as you see it, I can relate. Many of them do act smug, especially if you are reading western media. As for attention to country/flag, I can also see your point of view, but then again, it's not all Christians. I don't like saying the pledge of allegiance. Not because of the "one nation under God" part, but because of the "I pledge allegiance to the flag" part. I only pledge allegiance to Jesus. I am happy to be an American, but I would gladly renounce my citizenship and leave the country if I had to chose between God and my homeland.

Shirley, Gypsy and Foreigner are correct (though Foreigner... you could've been a little nicer in your presentation).

In short, all I want to ask you is if you believe Jesus died, rose from the dead and was God in the flesh? Do you believe the accounts of the Bible? What I do know about Islam (and if I'm wrong, I would gladly accept correction) is that they acknowledge Jesus as a prophet and a man of God, but not God himself. These are the questions you should be asking.... Was Jesus God in the flesh, or merely another prophet?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Being a Christian doesn't mean to slight one's country they were born in. Peoples of different countries than the western can enjoy the things of their own culture that does not conflict with Christ and His Word. Bowing to an idol in worship does conflict with belief on The Father and His Son Jesus Christ. But certainly not the mode of dress, manner of greetings and family culture, food, language, etc. Christ did not demand a change to western customs or culture, but a change within, to have a personal relationship with Him.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree Veteran... I await to hear from Elysian. I take it he's from the far east. I live in the far west (America) and it would be interesting to hear about the challenges he faces. Perhaps we from the far west can strengthen his faith through encouragement, and perhaps he can enlighten us on how tough things can be.

I can go to a Christian Church without fear of being killed. Perhaps it isn't the same for him. Again, I don't know where he's from. But maybe there are things we don't know about this situation.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that mix country with Christ make the same mistake that Islam does which is a very religio-political system (two are inseparable in Islam) ; using 'Allah' instead.of Christ. Actually Christianity/Jews religion has it's roots in the Middle East, mainly Israel.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom,

Peace,
Elysian
Maybe, this is God's way of saying: Islam is the religion for people of color.

I think you should let scripture tell you what God is saying. Jesus was not a warrior against the flesh like Mohammad. This Christianity is a spiritual thing not carnal. Thereby the color thing doesn't exist except to those who disobey the true teachings of the Christ.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Darling do not be discouraged, Jesus was the same color as you, He is not white, nor red, yellow, green or purple. He is not a respecter of color or gender, we are all the same...We love Jesus and He loves us, and if any Christian tells you otherwise, then they do not know Him....For He died for all, every human being on this earth..He died for the Buddha, the Muslims, the Black, the White, the anti-Christians, the believers and anything in between, the murderer, the rapist, the priest and the ministers...we are all the same...Ask Him, then sit and listen to His voice tell you the Truth....Praying for you and remember we are family in Christ....

Shep

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
People who are into their country more than Christ do not belong to Christ! Jesus Christ died for everyone who wants to follow him! Please don't be discouraged. Many people claim Christianity while not even knowing what it is about. Our Father in heaven is not the one who divides people based on race. He divides us based on whether we know him, love him, and obey him. Put your Faith in God and his sons sacrifice for our sins. If we look at man we will be disappointed every time.

Father please bless Elysian and teach him your ways! In Jesus name I ask.

Shirley said it best! :)

"Christianity" will let us down if we expect the wide spread religion to show us the way. We must grow beyond this, and follow when none other does.

In my understanding, most of the time, the majority is not walking in the ways of the Lord, dividing according to doctrines. Exceptions to this would be the early church, and great revivals of truth and spiritual life.

We are to tread the narrow way... Alone if we must. In time, the Lord will bring us people of like mind and heart! :)

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Shalom,

Peace,
Elysian

My friend, Christianity's origin is in Jerusalem……it came out of Judaism. The first Christians were Jews, but Jesus prophecied that other Nations would recieve the gospel because the Jews as a whole rejected it. And so we have it today.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Shirley said it best! :)

"Christianity" will let us down if we expect the wide spread religion to show us the way. We must grow beyond this, and follow when none other does.

In my understanding, most of the time, the majority is not walking in the ways of the Lord, dividing according to doctrines. Exceptions to this would be the early church, and great revivals of truth and spiritual life.

We are to tread the narrow way... Alone if we must. In time, the Lord will bring us people of like mind and heart! :)

My country is God's Israel, and it ain't the one unbelieving Jews have. Just so happens, God's promises are manifested to His people of Israel under Christ Jesus, and that historically was the Christian West after Christ's crucifixion. The secondary labels of Britain, Scandnavia, Spain, France, Greece, Italy, Germani, Danmark, etc., are just secondary names for God's true Israel in the West.

And if one will notice, it's those nations under Christ Jesus that received His Gospel that the unbelieving nations outside it have attacked through their history, and especially today. Who would those nations be? The Islamic nations and the Communist nations, and the worshippers of the devil within.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
My country is God's Israel, and it ain't the one unbelieving Jews have. Just so happens, God's promises are manifested to His people of Israel under Christ Jesus, and that historically was the Christian West after Christ's crucifixion. The secondary labels of Britain, Scandnavia, Spain, France, Greece, Italy, Germani, Danmark, etc., are just secondary names for God's true Israel in the West.

And if one will notice, it's those nations under Christ Jesus that received His Gospel that the unbelieving nations outside it have attacked through their history, and especially today. Who would those nations be? The Islamic nations and the Communist nations, and the worshippers of the devil within.

We are not to be God's people in name, but in deed.

Nations calling themselves Christian makes them no more Christian than a pope saying he's an apostle. We are called to be as Christ, to walk in light. :)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys do as you please.... I dare not leave this world in faith believing and my hand in the hand of the one called Jesus Christ.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA

I'm not 100% sure how serious you are about Islam,
but since it is so different than Christianity
(e.g. Allah obviously is not the God of the Bible),

I am quite positive that the "angel" who called himself "Gabriel"
(who appeared to Mohammed over several years)
was either Satan himself or one of his demons.

Dark-skinned people, and everyone else ... BEWARE.