Israel and prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets take a look at the points i made
1. When Israel is settled in the land in the land and they become fruitful and prosperous Israel will know

If we add vs 10 we get this

10 I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt.

Ezekiel 36: 11 I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.

It can't be the church, because the church never had its nation destroyed, its cities laid waste and put in ruins. so there is nothing that can be rebuilt

2. When Israel repents. The nations will know that The god of heaven is the Lord

Ez 36: 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.

It can't be the church, the church was not scattered to other nations in punishment for disobedience, and while she was there profained the name of the Lord. Yet the nation of Israel was and has done this for 2000 years now

3. When God has rebuilt what was destroyed and replanted what was desolate The nations will know

Ez 36: 36 Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the Lord, have spoken it, and I will do it.”

Again, It can't be the church when has the church been destroyed, had its high placed put in ruins and its cities destroyed. And what part or what cityof the church will be rebuilt. causing the nations to look to God and say, yes that is God look what he did to rebuild those places?

4. When I fill the rebuilt cities with people

Ez 36: 38 Like a flock offered as holy sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem on its feast days, so shall the ruined cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.”

it cant be the church, again what cities of what church nation will be rebuilt and become inhabited again?

5. When I bring back to life a people long dead
Ez 37: 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ ”

6. When I open their graves and bring My people up from them
Ez 37: 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

7. When I put My spirit in them and settle them in their own land
Ez 37: 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ ”

8: When My sanctuary stands among them forever, The nations will know I am the lord and I sanctify Israel

Ez 37: 28 The nations also will know that I, the Lord, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.” ’ ”
as for the last 4 points. It can;t be the church, Look at the passage in context..

11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ ”

15 Again the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 16 “As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: ‘For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.’ Then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.’ 17 Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.

18 “And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, ‘Will you not show us what you mean by these?’— 19 say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.” ’ 20 And the sticks on which you write will be in your hand before their eyes.

21 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again.

Two nations, two kingdoms?

When was the church ever sent as punishment to lands. When were they divided into two kingdoms? And what land was ever promised to the church. which they were taken out of and need to be returned?

9: When I defeat the Gog Magog coalition

Ez 38: 18 “And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” says the Lord God, “that My fury will show in My face. 19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: ‘Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, 20 so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.’ 21 I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains,” says the Lord God. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.” ’

What land is the church going to be in that was given to them that Gog will surround its armies around and God protects the churcvh by sending a great earthquake? Rome??

10: When I have finished calling My people back to Israel, not leaving any behind”

It can't be the church, How can you call the church BACK to a land they never owned and never left?
What Keraz is referring to, he should not be referring to as a replacement theology. Nonetheless, he is referring to something that is actually there, even if he doesn't know it.

Those things that are not as he describes, come from God as the fulfillment of His promise to Abraham, that "all the nations of the earth shall be blessed." And also His promise to Jacob, who's name God changed to Israel, meaning "God prevails." This is what Christ referred to saying "Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected"--a prophecy fulfilled in Christ, as a sign given by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, where "all things have been made new" ("perfect"), to the third, by name, the name of Israel. Which is the "one flock and One shepherd", the former and the latter, the dead and the living in Christ, rather than the so-called replacement theology of those like Keraz.

But I don't wish to interrupt. Please continue.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like playing games do you?

In your post #12 above, you said if Christians inherit the promise, they would already be living in Palestine.

Then you said this...

"the fact that we are not proves it is not us.

Again, How can you call the church back to a land that they never lost?"

That is especially where you messed up, claiming God's promises to Israel have nothing to do with Christ's Church.

I sure hope you don't claim to understand the Old Testament prophets, because you failed miserably with that above idea. That's why... I pointed you to Hosea, because it's about the ten scattered tribes of Israel, called the "house of Israel" at that time.

Apostle Paul quoted from Hosea to Roman Gentile believers on Christ in Romans 9. It shows the ten tribe house of Israel joined together with Gentiles as one body under Christ Jesus. Just where... did that happen in history, and what other promises are still waiting for them when Jesus returns?
once again. Explain to me what land the church has ever been given, and was cast out because she sinned against God. and her restoration to that land will be a show to them and the world that God is God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Keraz is referring to, he should not be referring to as a replacement theology. Nonetheless, he is referring to something that is actually there, even if he doesn't know it.

Those things that are not as he describes, come from God as the fulfillment of His promise to Abraham, that "all the nations of the earth shall be blessed." And also His promise to Jacob, who's name God changed to Israel, meaning "God prevails." This is what Christ referred to saying "Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected"--a prophecy fulfilled in Christ, as a sign given by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, where "all things have been made new" ("perfect"), to the third, by name, the name of Israel. Which is the "one flock and One shepherd", the former and the latter, the dead and the living in Christ, rather than the so-called replacement theology of those like Keraz.

But I don't wish to interrupt. Please continue.
what about the specific promises of land as said in gen 15, 17, 26, 35 and 48,

and this is an open discussion. Please feel free to interrupt any time you wish. I welcome the discussion.

Yes he is discussing replacement theology, I agree 100%

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about the specific promises of land as said in gen 15, 17, 26, 35 and 48,
If it did not come to pass, God would not show himself to be true. So, yes, the promises come to pass.

However, a word of caution about promises fulfilled of prophecies of old:

Just as one can quote the words of prophecy from the Psalms about Jesus, their fulfillment is not always in the same context as it was originally told or written, and not always as grandiose as might be anticipated. And the greatest example of this, is that even the cross, although the greatest apex of all events on earth...was a proportionately small event as the world sees events, but instead minimal and undercover--until the end.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What Keraz is referring to, he should not be referring to as a replacement theology.
Right;
We Christians are a continuation of the faithful people of God, like the 7000 faithful in Elijah's time; were.
once again. Explain to me what land the church has ever been given, and was cast out because she sinned against God. and her restoration to that land will be a show to them and the world that God is God.
Nearly 4000 years ago, God met with Abraham and made an irrevocable Covenant with him: that his descendants would inherit all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates. Genesis 15:6-20

Later, after the incident at Mt Moriah, Genesis 22:15-18, God promised to make his descendants as numerous as the sands of the sea and they would possess the cities of their enemies.

Immediately, we see the problem with those who say that the Jewish people are all of Israel, because the Jews, who are only 2 of the 12 tribes of the sons of Jacob, have never been really numerous, or have been conquerors. We see this difference again in the blessings given to the tribes by Jacob: Genesis 48 & 49 and Moses: Deuteronomy 33. Note particularly in Genesis 48:3-4….I shall make you fruitful and increase your descendants until they become a host of nations.

This truth completely removes any idea of the Jewish State of Israel being the sole inheritors of the holy Land. In fact they only occupy a small portion of it and Bible prophecy is clear: because of their apostasy and sins, they will be thrown out. Matthew 8:12, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 21:1-7 Amos 2:4-5, +

There can be no argument as to who it will be that does inherit all of the holy Land: it is those whom Jesus came to save: the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 They are mainly the people descended from the 10 tribes that were taken into exile by the Assyrians and have lost the knowledge of their ancestry. Paul talks about this secret of God in Ephesians 3:1-6, where he refers to them as Gentiles. i.e. non Jews.

The Apostles and Josephus knew where they were. Of course the Jews knew about their kin, as we see in John 7:35, Ezekiel 11:14-21 and their Rabbis still speculate as to when the tribes will rejoin.

The remnant of Judah, the Messianic Jews, will rejoin with their Christian brothers at the great spiritual regeneration described in Ezekiel 37, Jeremiah 50:4-5, Romans 9:24-26

Galatians 3:14 God’s purpose in all of this, is so that the Blessings of Abraham should be extended to the Gentiles, so that we can all receive the Spirit through faith.
Ezekiel 11:15-20 The whole people of Israel [the 10 tribes] to whom Judah [the Jews] have said: The Land is now ours to possess. As they do now.

The Lord says: When I sent Israel far away around the world, for a while I was their protector and blessed them wherever they lived. I shall gather My people from their dispersion and give the Land of Israel to them. I will remove their hearts of stone and put a new spirit in them. They will be My people and I will be their God.

This prophecy says how the Jews believe the holy Land is their possession. But the Lord will give it to His righteous Christian people, the peoples who have been blessed with prosperity and strength. They will be joined by born again Christians from every race, nation and language. Isaiah 56:1-8, Revelation 5:9-10

This will happen soon after the forthcoming Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath has cleared and cleansed all of the holy Land area:
Ezekiel 20:34 By My outpoured wrath, I shall bring you out from the nations and gather you from wherever you are dispersed.
Isaiah 41:8-10 Have no fear, My people - the descendants of My friend, Abraham.
I have not rejected you, now I summon you from the four corners of the earth; I am with you and will give you strength.
Galatians 3:29

But not all of those whom God knows are actual Israelites, Amos 9:9, will be allowed to enter the holy Land:

Ezekiel 20:35-38 I shall bring you out of the nations and I shall state My case against you. I shall make you pass under the Rod of Judgement. Just as I did in the wilderness of Egypt, so I shall indict you. I will count you as you enter, but those who revolt and rebel, I shall take them from the lands where they now live, but they will not set foot in the holy Land. Thus you will know I am the Lord.

These are plainly stated prophesies, not yet fulfilled, but surely will be. I believe quite soon.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know anyone... can do what you did in your starting posts, pull out a verse here, and a verse there, out of its Chapter context, and preach something totally different than what the Scripture is saying.

The time of Ezekiel's prophecies was especially to the "house of Israel" which God called him to. At that time of Ezekiel, which was after 1 Kings 11 thru 2 Kings 17, the "house of Israel" meant only the ten northern tribes of Israel. Only a very small amount of prophecy did God give Ezekiel about Judah.

God made Ezekiel a prophet to the "house of Israel", not to the "house of Judah"...

Ezek 3:1
Moreover He said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
KJV

Ezek 3:4-5
4 And He said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with My words unto them.
5 For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel;
KJV

Ezek 3:17
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me.
KJV

A lot of my Christian brethren here haven't really studied the Book of Ezekiel, so they are easily fooled by someone pulling out a verse here or there out of it, and taking it out of context like you did.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it did not come to pass, God would not show himself to be true. So, yes, the promises come to pass.

However, a word of caution about promises fulfilled of prophecies of old:

Just as one can quote the words of prophecy from the Psalms about Jesus, their fulfillment is not always in the same context as it was originally told or written, and not always as grandiose as might be anticipated. And the greatest example of this, is that even the cross, although the greatest apex of all events on earth...was a proportionately small event as the world sees events, but instead minimal and undercover--until the end.
The hidden mystery of the cross? I can see that But the fact is. The prophecy was still fulfilled in the cross. It was hidden for a reason.

But we are talking about a people. And a promise given to that people. And how according to the promise given to that people prophecy concerning what they will do and what God will do for them is revealed.

As I showed in my ten points. Its not so this nation can be great, It is so God can show through his love for them, he is the one true God who loves the world.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right;
We Christians are a continuation of the faithful people of God, like the 7000 faithful in Elijah's time; were.

Nearly 4000 years ago, God met with Abraham and made an irrevocable Covenant with him: that his descendants would inherit all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates. Genesis 15:6-20

Later, after the incident at Mt Moriah, Genesis 22:15-18, God promised to make his descendants as numerous as the sands of the sea and they would possess the cities of their enemies.

Immediately, we see the problem with those who say that the Jewish people are all of Israel, because the Jews, who are only 2 of the 12 tribes of the sons of Jacob, have never been really numerous, or have been conquerors. We see this difference again in the blessings given to the tribes by Jacob: Genesis 48 & 49 and Moses: Deuteronomy 33. Note particularly in Genesis 48:3-4….I shall make you fruitful and increase your descendants until they become a host of nations.

See here is the first problem. We try to take terms, and use them as a means to justify our belief

While your correct, A Jew by defenitions was the name given to the southern kingdom. If we look at the restoration after the Babylonian captivity. All 12 tribes were present. It was not just the 2 tribes. There was still a remnant.

We also have the promise as I showed. That the two separate kingdoms (Israel and Judah) would be united once again, returned to their land, and be made one nation again, never to be separated or divided again.

This truth completely removes any idea of the Jewish State of Israel being the sole inheritors of the holy Land. In fact they only occupy a small portion of it and Bible prophecy is clear: because of their apostasy and sins, they will be thrown out. Matthew 8:12, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 21:1-7 Amos 2:4-5, +
You keep ignoring Gen passages and lev 26, which

1. Tells us WHO the land is given to
2. Tells us that they will be punished in disobedience, even cast out of their land if they continue to disobey (many call it the 7 cycles of discipline) which has occured three times in the history of that people.

There can be no argument as to who it will be that does inherit all of the holy Land: it is those whom Jesus came to save: the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 They are mainly the people descended from the 10 tribes that were taken into exile by the Assyrians and have lost the knowledge of their ancestry. Paul talks about this secret of God in Ephesians 3:1-6, where he refers to them as Gentiles. i.e. non Jews.

The Apostles and Josephus knew where they were. Of course the Jews knew about their kin, as we see in John 7:35, Ezekiel 11:14-21 and their Rabbis still speculate as to when the tribes will rejoin.

The remnant of Judah, the Messianic Jews, will rejoin with their Christian brothers at the great spiritual regeneration described in Ezekiel 37, Jeremiah 50:4-5, Romans 9:24-26

Galatians 3:14 God’s purpose in all of this, is so that the Blessings of Abraham should be extended to the Gentiles, so that we can all receive the Spirit through faith.
Ezekiel 11:15-20 The whole people of Israel [the 10 tribes] to whom Judah [the Jews] have said: The Land is now ours to possess. As they do now.

The Lord says: When I sent Israel far away around the world, for a while I was their protector and blessed them wherever they lived. I shall gather My people from their dispersion and give the Land of Israel to them. I will remove their hearts of stone and put a new spirit in them. They will be My people and I will be their God.

This prophecy says how the Jews believe the holy Land is their possession. But the Lord will give it to His righteous Christian people, the peoples who have been blessed with prosperity and strength. They will be joined by born again Christians from every race, nation and language. Isaiah 56:1-8, Revelation 5:9-10

This will happen soon after the forthcoming Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath has cleared and cleansed all of the holy Land area:
Ezekiel 20:34 By My outpoured wrath, I shall bring you out from the nations and gather you from wherever you are dispersed.
Isaiah 41:8-10 Have no fear, My people - the descendants of My friend, Abraham.
I have not rejected you, now I summon you from the four corners of the earth; I am with you and will give you strength.
Galatians 3:29

But not all of those whom God knows are actual Israelites, Amos 9:9, will be allowed to enter the holy Land:

Ezekiel 20:35-38 I shall bring you out of the nations and I shall state My case against you. I shall make you pass under the Rod of Judgement. Just as I did in the wilderness of Egypt, so I shall indict you. I will count you as you enter, but those who revolt and rebel, I shall take them from the lands where they now live, but they will not set foot in the holy Land. Thus you will know I am the Lord.

These are plainly stated prophesies, not yet fulfilled, but surely will be. I believe quite soon.

So you want me to believe God gave the land to the 12 sons, But in the end, It is only the lost tribes who it belongs to?

How can I take what you want me to see and resolve the following passage?

Ez 37: 15 Again the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 16 “As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: ‘For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.’ Then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.’ 17 Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.
21 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

What two kingdoms is God speaking about? Is it not the northern kingdom (Israel) and the southern kingdom (judah) and the house of Joseph?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know anyone... can do what you did in your starting posts, pull out a verse here, and a verse there, out of its Chapter context, and preach something totally different than what the Scripture is saying.

The time of Ezekiel's prophecies was especially to the "house of Israel" which God called him to. At that time of Ezekiel, which was after 1 Kings 11 thru 2 Kings 17, the "house of Israel" meant only the ten northern tribes of Israel. Only a very small amount of prophecy did God give Ezekiel about Judah.

God made Ezekiel a prophet to the "house of Israel", not to the "house of Judah"...

Ezek 3:1
Moreover He said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
KJV

Ezek 3:4-5
4 And He said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with My words unto them.
5 For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel;
KJV

Ezek 3:17
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me.
KJV

A lot of my Christian brethren here haven't really studied the Book of Ezekiel, so they are easily fooled by someone pulling out a verse here or there out of it, and taking it out of context like you did.
Again,

Resolve this issue, In Ezekiel 37.

Ez 37: 15 Again the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 16 “As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: ‘For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.’ Then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.’ 17 Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.
21 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

What two kingdoms is God speaking about? Is it not the northern kingdom (Israel) and the southern kingdom (judah) and the house of Joseph?

Both you and Kiera’s on the one hand want me to believe it is the church (spiritual Israel) now. Not Isreal (national) that relieves the promises

Now you want to tell me it only the northern kingdom?

Which is it?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many make mistakes about the OT prophets because of not understanding this timeline.

A Timeline: From 1 Kings 11 to 2 Kings 17: And Forward:

1. God split old Israel in two kingdoms because of Solomon disobeying Him with Solomon's many wives that brought pagan idols into Israel (1 Kings 11:1-13).

2. God gave Jeroboam the kingdom of Israel, a leader Solomon had setup over the ten northern tribes. Jeroboam was from the tribe of Ephraim. God made him 'king of Israel' over the northern ten tribes (1 Kings 11:26-39).

3. Rehoboam, Solomon's son, of the tribe of Judah, and the house of David, became king over the southern "kingdom of Judah", which involved only the tribes of Judah and Benjamin. After Rehoboam refused to grant the northern tribes wishes to ease the burden Solomon put upon them, the ten tribes completely separated from Judah and Jerusalem. Rehoboam began to prepare his army for battle to bring the kingdom back, but God told him not to, because this split was of Him (1 Kings 12:15-24).

4. Jeroboam, king of the "house of Israel" with its capital city at Samaria in the north, then setup two golden calf idols in false worship for the ten tribes, to prevent them from going down to Jerusalem to worship and possibly augment Judah's kingdom (1 Kings 12:25-33).

5. A small remnant of the northern ten tribes then refused the calf idols, and instead moved south to Jerusalem to side with Judah. The larger ten northern tribes remained in the north under Jeroboam. This is why one can find some names of that northern tribe remnant that migrated among Judah (2 Chronicles 11:14-16).

6. Jeroboam also setup common priests of the people, which made the Levites in the north not able to serve, so the Levites left the northern tribes and went south and joined with Judah (2 Chronicles 11:13-16).

7. At this point after the split of old Israel, the two houses of two separate kingdoms were manifest, and Rehoboam king of Judah at Jerusalem, and Jeroboam king of Israel at Samaria, had war against each other all their days (1 Kings 14:30).

8. The labels in God's Word are specific to each kingdom after this split; the "kingdom of Judah" or "house of Judah", or "Jerusalem", or just "Judah" are names used only for the southern kingdom at Jerusalem-Judea. The labels "kingdom of Israel", "house of Israel", "Samaria", "Ephraim", or just "Israel", are names used for the ten northern tribes only after the split. Not recognizing these labels after the split means MISAPPLYING to whom God gave His prophecies to after the split of old Israel.

9. After this split and the setting up of the two separate houses (or kingdoms), each kingdom had their own succession of kings. This is why in the Books of 1 Kings and 2 Kings you'll find both kings of each kingdom often mentioned in the same verse. And it will be like 'king of Judah' and 'king of Israel' (as in 1 Kings 22:2; 1 Kings 22:10, etc.)

10. The name 'Israel' became the name to represent the ten northern ten tribe kingdom. This is very important to note, because that represents the majority of the tribes of Israel after the split, and... per the original purpose of that name, it is hard linked to The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

12. The Gospel is what Abraham's Faith was about that was accounted to him as righteousness. That was part of God's Birthright to Abraham and to his seed (see Galatians 3). But many of the seed of Israel rejected The Gospel, but God's chosen of Israel in His Birthright did not reject it, and they carried it forward. So in reality, the name Israel that God gave to Jacob, is the Salvation name through Jesus Christ. It's only that the unbelieving seed of Israel have rejected its real meaning, and try to supplant it as something else, using catch phrases like "replacement theology". The Biblical truth is that Jesus Christ was ordained from the foundation of the world, and Jesus showed in John 8 that Abraham saw His day and rejoiced, with Apostle Paul even declaring that The Gospel was preached to Abraham.

13. During the period of Israel's kings in the north at Samaria, they (ten tribes) had some bad ones, and a few good ones. But still even the good kings of Israel in the north, they still allowed Jeroboam's calf idol worship to exist. Our Heavenly Father got fed up with that idol worship, so He sent the kings of Assyria upon the northern ten tribes (in stages), and removed them all... to the lands of Assyria and the lands of the Medes in captivity (2 Kings 17). Only the "kingdom of Judah" was left in the holy land at Jerusalem-Judea in the south, and they were still doing right in God's eyes (2 Kings 17:5-6; 2 Kings 17:16-18; 2 Kings 17:22-24).

14. What the kings of Assyria would do when they conquered a land, was to remove the peoples originally that lived there, and supplant them with another people. That is what the kings of Assyria did to the northern ten tribes. They removed all the ten tribes, and took pagan peoples from five cities in Babylon, each people with their own pagan gods, and placed them in the northern lands where the ten tribes had been. These foreign peoples became the Samaritans. The Jews of the southern kingdom would have nothing to do with them. Even Christ's disciples questioned Jesus why He spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well (2 Kings 17:24).

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15. Then after about 120 years since God removed the ten northern kingdom into captivity, the "house of Judah" also began to fall away from Him to idol worship. And in Jeremiah the prophet's day, God would bring Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, upon Jerusalem-Judea, and take the house of Judah captive to Babylon for 70 years. This was a different... captivity than the "house of Israel" (ten tribes). The ten tribe "house of Israel" was still... captive to Assyria and the lands of the Medes at that time of Judah's captivity.

16. After 70 years of Judah's captivity to Babylon, a small remnant returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the city, walls, and the temple. These the Jewish historian Josephus said took the name 'Jew', which applied also to the foreigners that went captive with Judah to Babylon (see Ezra 2 and 9). This name 'Jew' did not apply to the ten northern tribes. Josephus said the title comes from the name Judah. The tribe of Judah made up the head tribe over the southern "kingdom of Judah" at Judea per God's Word. Only those of the "house of Judah" returned to Judea after the 70 years Babylon captivity. The Books of Ezra and Nehemiah does not mention any... of the northern ten tribes returning with them. Rightly so, because the ten tribes went captive in their own separate captivity beyond Euphrates about 120 years before Judah's captivity.

17. The majority of the southern "house of Judah" (tribes of Judah, Benjamin, Levi, and a small remnant of the ten tribes), chose to stay in Babylon after the 70 years captivity, because God had told them before they went captive that He would take care of them there; their numbers would increase, and they would build houses and plant vineyards. So they got comfortable in Babylon. These made up the majority of the peoples of those 3 tribes of the "house of Judah" called Jews. And these were later further... scattered in the countries like the ten tribes were, God keeping His promise of what He would do to them if they fell away per Deuteronomy 4 and 28. Thus the Book of James starts off with a salutation to the 12 tribes scattered abroad, pointing to the scattered ten northern tribes, and to these scattered Jews who made up the majority of the southern kingdom tribes.

18. The people who made up the Jews under Roman rule at the time of Christ's 1st coming involved only the returned remnant of Jews from the Babylon captivity. It did not involve the ten tribes majority that were still scattered, and still are today. Josephus said in his day, (100 A.D.), the ten tribes were still scattered 'beyond Euphrates', and were a great number of people, too many to count.

19. 2 Esdras 13 in the Apocrypha (included within the original 1st edition 1611 King James Bible), refers to the ten tribes of Israel migrating into new lands.

2 Esdras 13
39 And whereas thou sawest that he gathered another peaceable multitude unto him;

40 Those are the ten tribes, which were carried away prisoners out of their own land in the time of Osea the king, whom Salmanasar the king of Assyria led away captive, and he carried them over the waters, and so came they into another land.

41 But they took this counsel among themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen, and go forth into a further country, where never mankind dwelt,

42 That they might there keep their statutes, which they never kept in their own land.

43 And they entered into Euphrates by the narrow places of the river.

44 For the most High then shewed signs for them, and held still the flood, till they were passed over.

45 For through that country there was a great way to go, namely, of a year and a half: and the same region is called Arsareth.

20. Arzareth (Arsareth) per The Jewish Encyclopedia:

"The name of the land beyond the great river, far away from the habitation of man, in which the Ten Tribes of Israel will dwell, observing the laws of Moses, until the time of the restoration, according to IV Esd. xiii. 45. Columbus identified America with this land. (See Kayserling's "Christopher Columbus," translated by Dr. C. Gross, p. 15.)

The name, it has been suggested by Schiller-Szinessy, is taken from Deut. xxix. 24-27, "Because they forsook the covenant of the Lord . . . and went and served other gods . . . the Lord rooted them out of their land . . . and cast them into another land [ereẓ aḦeret] as this day." This passage is made to refer (in Mishnah Sanh. x. 3) to the Ten Tribes (compare Tosef., Sanh. xiii. 12; Bab. ib. 110b; Yer. ib. x. 29c; Ab. R. N., ed. Schechter, A, xxxvi. 108, and Bacher, "Agada der Tannaiten," i. 143)."

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 9, Apostle Paul speaking to Gentile Roman believers on Christ, quoted from the Book of Hosea to them...

Rom 9:24-26
24 Even us, whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He saith also in Osee, "I will call them My people, which were not My people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, 'Ye are not My people; there shall they be called the children of the living God."
KJV

Thing is, the Book of Hosea where Paul quoted that from, to Gentiles, was originally only written to the ten tribes of the house of Israel (post-split of Israel, not the Jews).

And Apostle Paul was where when he said that? Captive in Rome, in western Europe.

Who all do you think Paul was pointing to, since Paul was a scholar of The Old Testament Books? Paul by quoting that from Hosea to Gentiles, about Gentiles too, showed The Gospel sent to both the house of Israel (ten tribes) migrated to the West, and also the Gentiles among them.

And BOTH, together as believers on Jesus Christ, The Gospel, would become Christ's Church!

Even the Scotts in their 13th century Declaration of Arbroath declared their lineage of Israel, having come there to the Isles having crossed the pillars of Hercules and having dwelt previously for a long time in Spain.

From Scottish Declaration of Arbroath:

"Most Holy Father, we know and from the chronicles and books of the ancients we find
that among other famous nations our own, the Scots, has been graced with widespread
renown. It journeyed from Greater Scythia by way of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the
Pillars of Hercules, and dwelt for a long course of time in Spain among the most savage
peoples, but nowhere could it be subdued by any people, however barbarous. Thence
it came, twelve hundred years after the people of Israel crossed the Red Sea, to its
home in the west where it still lives today. The Britons it first drove out, the Picts it
utterly destroyed, and, even though very often assailed by the Norwegians, the Danes
and the English, it took possession of that home with many victories and untold efforts;
and, as the histories of old time bear witness, they have held it free of all servitude
ever since. In their kingdom there have reigned one hundred and thirteen kings of
their own royal stock, the line unbroken by a single foreigner.

The high qualities and merits of these people, were they not otherwise manifest, shine
forth clearly enough from this: that the King of kings and Lord of lords, our Lord Jesus
Christ, after His Passion and Resurrection, called them, even though settled in the
uttermost parts of the earth, almost the first to His most holy faith. Nor did He wish
them to be confirmed in that faith by merely anyone but by the first of His Apostles -
by calling, though second or third in rank - the most gentle Saint Andrew, the Blessed
Peter’s brother, and desired him to keep them under his protection as their patron for
ever."

(from The Declaration of Arbroath | National Records of Scotland)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy

The above two posts of your does not solve the issue

1. God punished both kingdoms according to lev 26, as he promised he would. The northern kingdom suffered the final punishment at the hand of the Assyrians, the southern suffered that punishment at the hand of the Babylonians, and will they were still in sin, Were allowed to return to the land, Because God still had a purpose.
2. When The southern kingdom was allowed to return, Not everyone returned. Paul everywhere he met spoke first to jews who did not return from exile and still lived in their gentile areas, We also know that their were representatives of all 12 tribes in attendance when the temple was rebuilt and they read the law

Ezra 6: 14 So the elders of the Jews built, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they built and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the command of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia. 15 Now the temple was finished on the third day of the month of Adar, which was in the sixth year of the reign of King Darius. 16 Then the children of Israel, the priests and the Levites and the rest of the descendants of the captivity, celebrated the dedication of this house of God with joy. 17 And they offered sacrifices at the dedication of this house of God, one hundred bulls, two hundred rams, four hundred lambs, and as a sin offering for all Israel twelve male goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel. 18 They assigned the priests to their divisions and the Levites to their divisions, over the service of God in Jerusalem, as it is written in the Book of Moses.

We see in Nehemiah that all of Israel were in all the cities of Judah (Not just jews)

Neh 11: 20 And the rest of Israel, of the priests andLevites, were in all the cities of Judah, everyone in his inheritance.

We see in Chronicles. In three different places where other tribes came and lived in judah

2 Chron 15: Then he gathered all Judah and Benjamin, and those who dwelt with them from Ephraim, Manasseh, and Simeon, for they came over to him in great numbers from Israel when they saw that the Lord his God was with him.

2 Chron 30: 10 So the runners passed from city to city through the country of Ephraim and Manasseh, as far as Zebulun; but they laughed at them and mocked them

6 And so he did in the cities of Manasseh, Ephraim, and Simeon, as far as Naphtali and all around, with axes

We see in many passages , after the captivity, they are called the children of Israel and not jews

Neh 7: 73 So the priests, the Levites, the gatekeepers, the singers, some of the people, the Nethinim, and all Israel dwelt in their cities. When the seventh month came, the children of Israel were in their cities.
His son would have to come through Judah, But after that was done, In ad 70, He did to the southern kingdom what he did to the northern. He destroyed everything and scattered the people throughout all the nations.

Neh 12: 47 In the days of Zerubbabel and in the days of Nehemiah all Israel gave the portions for the singers and the gatekeepers, a portion for each day. They also consecrated holy things for the Levites, and the Levites consecrated them for the children of Aaron.

Considering earlier in the passage, The leaders of JUDAH was called by name… Israel here means Israel not judah

Even in Luke, we hear of a child from the tribe of Asher who served at the temple her whole life in Judah, who was there at the birth of Christ.

Luke 2: 36 Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; 37 and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. 38 And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

3. You still have the issue of Ez 37, Where God promises to take the northern and southern kingdoms and make them one nation again.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gathering of Israel by Jesus Christ:

There are many Scriptures in the Old Testament Books of God's prophets that declare the joining of the two 'houses' of Israel in final (still future to us), back to the lands God promised their fathers. Ezekiel 37 is just one of those examples, and probably one of the clearest.

Deceivers try to fool you into thinking the following Ezekiel prophecy has already been fulfilled with the remnant of Jews that returned to the holy land to form up the nation of Israel again in 1948. Their hope is that you won't read the latter part of this prophecy from Ezekiel, nor understand about the division of the two houses that God did back in 1 Kings 11 forward, and thus not understand about this two stick analogy which God uses.

Ezek 37:15-28
15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, 'For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions': then take another stick, and write upon it, 'For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions':

If you already understand 1 Kings 11 forward, then you know to whom God is pointing to with those two sticks. For Judah is about the Jews of the southern "kingdom of Judah" after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms. For Joseph is put for the northern ten tribe "kingdom of Israel", or "house of Israel" which God gave to Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim to reign over as king of Israel. So Joseph here is put for Ephraim, the son of Joseph that would receive God's Birthright from Jacob (Genesis 48).

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, 'Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?'

Like I said, IF you already know about the old split of Israel by God's Hand back in 1 Kings 11, then understanding this joining of the two separate sticks ought to be real easy.

19 Say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

There it is, what I said about the stick of Joseph representing Ephraim as head over the northern kingdom of ten tribes, which only was called Israel after the split. The joining of both sticks represents the joining of the two houses back together again. To this day, they are still apart, the ten tribes still lost to the world and to the Jews.

(Some Jewish scholars actually believe the ten tribes are lost forever, which of course would negate what God says here in Ezekiel 37, so why listen to those men who reject God's Word here?)

21 And say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

This "children of Israel" here refers to both 'houses', Judah and Israel, back together again as one nation, like before God split old Israel in 1 Kings 11. This is still yet to happen to this day.

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

I mean, how can one miss this? It's easy. By God Himself declaring when He does this joining of the two sticks, that the kingdom of Judah and kingdom of Israel shall no more be divided into two nations. Some who refuse the latter part of this Chapter try to say this was history and already happened. Nope, afraid not, which we will discover further down.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.

24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.

Who do you think that "one shepherd" is? That is our Lord Jesus Christ! He is to inherit the throne of His father David (Luke 1:32). Has Jesus done that already? Nope! Not yet. He will do that at His FUTURE RETURN (Matthew 19:28; Matthew 25:31).

That moves this Ezekiel 37 prophecy into the FUTURE friends. It has not happened yet today.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
KJV

Just a little later starting in Ezekiel 40 through 47, God gives Ezekiel to prophesy of that future Millennial sanctuary that Lord Jesus will build at His return. The Revelation 21 Scripture, for the new heavens and a new earth time, John said he saw no temple there. We'll see (those in Christ I mean).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for romans 9, One must remember In romans 9 Paul is arguing the case, did God make a mistake chosing Israel.

His argument was that according to salvation. There is no jew, or greek (gentile) we are all one in christ. And he spent most of chapter 9 and ten showing that not only would Israel fail. But God would give his word to gentiles and they would become great.

But we have to look at chapter 12. Where paul warns us not to be proud and think what happened to Israel could not happen to us, or that God was Done with Israel.

1. There is a remnant There only needs to be a remnant if God still has plans for that group of people
2. They are natural branches. We are unnatural
3. God gave all Isreal had in keeping Gods word and being Gods representatives to the gentiles (the church) to provoke jealousy in Israel. And lead them to repentance (11: 11)
4. That there will be a day in the future, when the time of the gentile is complete, that ALL ISREAL will be saved
5. That Israel is an enemy concerning the gospel (at this time, the children of Israel preached law. A false gospel, which made them an enemy of the gospel) but beloved because of the promises (God still has a plan for them )
6. The gifts and calling of God are irrevocable - God gave Israel gifts and called them to be something, That calling is nt stopped. It has not ended, it is not being replaced by the church, It is irrevocable. God will keep his promise to them

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gathering of Israel by Jesus Christ:

There are many Scriptures in the Old Testament Books of God's prophets that declare the joining of the two 'houses' of Israel in final (still future to us), back to the lands God promised their fathers. Ezekiel 37 is just one of those examples, and probably one of the clearest.

Deceivers try to fool you into thinking the following Ezekiel prophecy has already been fulfilled with the remnant of Jews that returned to the holy land to form up the nation of Israel again in 1948.

Who says this? today, the prophecy of Ezekiel 37 has not been fulfilled.

Why are you trying to use something like this to try to dispel what god said will happen?
Their hope is that you won't read the latter part of this prophecy from Ezekiel, nor understand about the division of the two houses that God did back in 1 Kings 11 forward, and thus not understand about this two stick analogy which God uses.

Ezek 37:15-28
15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, 'For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions': then take another stick, and write upon it, 'For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions':

If you already understand 1 Kings 11 forward, then you know to whom God is pointing to with those two sticks. For Judah is about the Jews of the southern "kingdom of Judah" after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms. For Joseph is put for the northern ten tribe "kingdom of Israel", or "house of Israel" which God gave to Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim to reign over as king of Israel. So Joseph here is put for Ephraim, the son of Joseph that would receive God's Birthright from Jacob (Genesis 48).

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, 'Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?'

Like I said, IF you already know about the old split of Israel by God's Hand back in 1 Kings 11, then understanding this joining of the two separate sticks ought to be real easy.

19 Say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

There it is, what I said about the stick of Joseph representing Ephraim as head over the northern kingdom of ten tribes, which only was called Israel after the split. The joining of both sticks represents the joining of the two houses back together again. To this day, they are still apart, the ten tribes still lost to the world and to the Jews.

(Some Jewish scholars actually believe the ten tribes are lost forever, which of course would negate what God says here in Ezekiel 37, so why listen to those men who reject God's Word here?)

21 And say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

This "children of Israel" here refers to both 'houses', Judah and Israel, back together again as one nation, like before God split old Israel in 1 Kings 11. This is still yet to happen to this day.

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

I mean, how can one miss this? It's easy. By God Himself declaring when He does this joining of the two sticks, that the kingdom of Judah and kingdom of Israel shall no more be divided into two nations. Some who refuse the latter part of this Chapter try to say this was history and already happened. Nope, afraid not, which we will discover further down.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.

24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.

Who do you think that "one shepherd" is? That is our Lord Jesus Christ! He is to inherit the throne of His father David (Luke 1:32). Has Jesus done that already? Nope! Not yet. He will do that at His FUTURE RETURN (Matthew 19:28; Matthew 25:31).

That moves this Ezekiel 37 prophecy into the FUTURE friends. It has not happened yet today.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
KJV

Just a little later starting in Ezekiel 40 through 47, God gives Ezekiel to prophesy of that future Millennial sanctuary that Lord Jesus will build at His return. The Revelation 21 Scripture, for the new heavens and a new earth time, John said he saw no temple there. We'll see (those in Christ I mean).

Thank you for proving me right. That this is a future prophecy that will be fulfilled

Its funny how you just spent what 4 posts? And all you did was prove in the end, What I said was true.

However. My OP is not about that.

My OP was about how the fulfillment of this prophecy would prove to the word and Israel that God is the one true God

Can we please get back to the OP?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just showed you, pretty clearly too by those Scripture proofs, and 2 Esdras 13, and the Declaration of Arbroath, and Josephus the Jewish historian... that the new lands the ten tribes of Israel migrated to from... their Assyrian captivity, was to the western nations of Asia Minor and Europe! And with Paul quoting to Roman Gentiles in Christ from the Book of Hosea, you well know why he did that, to point to The Gospel of Jesus Christ given to BOTH the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) scattered to the West, along with the Gentiles that Lord Jesus also sent Apostle Paul to per Acts 9 (not to Gentiles only, but also to kings, and to the children of Israel).

This is what Lord Jesus meant when He said the following...

Matt 15:24
24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

KJV

All the 12 tribes have been lost sheep, but the "house of Israel" after 1 Kings 11 is specific to the ten lost tribes of Israel. And that is where The Gospel would goto after the Passion of Christ. And they would receive it in the new lands they were scattered to among the Gentiles and become the historical Christian nations.

THAT is what your posts appear to reject, that the ten tribes of Israel fulfilled the "multitude of nations" prophecy given to Ephraim and his seed per Genesis 48.

AND... that prophecy was also to Jacob in Genesis 35 that his seed would become "a company of nations". Jacob's new name Israel points directly to The Gospel of Jesus Christ and to THOSE WHO WOULD RECEIVE THE GOSPEL.

Reactions: Keraz

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just showed you, pretty clearly too by those Scripture proofs, and 2 Esdras 13, and the Declaration of Arbroath, and Josephus the Jewish historian... that the new lands the ten tribes of Israel migrated to from... their Assyrian captivity, was to the western nations of Asia Minor and Europe! And with Paul quoting to Roman Gentiles in Christ from the Book of Hosea, you well know why he did that, to point to The Gospel of Jesus Christ given to BOTH the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) scattered to the West, along with the Gentiles that Lord Jesus also sent Apostle Paul to per Acts 9 (not to Gentiles only, but also to kings, and to the children of Israel).

This is what Lord Jesus meant when He said the following...

Matt 15:24
24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

KJV

All the 12 tribes have been lost sheep, but the "house of Israel" after 1 Kings 11 is specific to the ten lost tribes of Israel. And that is where The Gospel would goto after the Passion of Christ. And they would receive it in the new lands they were scattered to among the Gentiles and become the historical Christian nations.

THAT is what your posts appear to reject, that the ten tribes of Israel fulfilled the "multitude of nations" prophecy given to Ephraim and his seed per Genesis 48.

AND... that prophecy was also to Jacob in Genesis 35 that his seed would become "a company of nations". Jacob's new name Israel points directly to The Gospel of Jesus Christ and to THOSE WHO WOULD RECEIVE THE GOSPEL.
Let’s get back to the op.

Let’s get back to how Israel and Prophecy all go together to show the world the one true God

Once again, Can you go back to my op. And answer the questions and statements I posed?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy have you got The Bible backwards!

Those who received The Gospel of Jesus Christ inherited the Promises to Abraham. Apostle Paul made this plain in Galatians 3 and Romans 4 that those of Faith are the "children of Abraham", and inherit with faithful Abraham!

So repent to Jesus Christ, before it's too late.

Also @Davy This was your response to my op. Can you resolve how you claim here that all believers inherit the promises, ie, the church. And then just spend the rest of your posts showing how the nation of Israel are the ones who will recieve those promises?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s get back to the op.

Let’s get back to how Israel and Prophecy all go together to show the world the one true God

Once again, Can you go back to my op. And answer the questions and statements I posed?

It's too late, you already defined your stance when you said the following...

You said:
"If Christians inherit the promise. then they would be living in Palestine as we speak. they would be living in peace from their enemies. they would be in the land, and the land would be a blessing

the fact that we are not proves it is not us.

Again, How can you call the church back to a land that they never lost?"

Those statements above you said, make it clear that your assumption is that "Christians" (i.e. Christ's Church) have no connection with God's prophecies to Israel, which of course is false.

Another thing many of my Christian brethren have never thought to do, is to trace God's Birthright in The Old Testament Books from Abraham forward. And also at the same time, remember that The Gospel was part of that Birthright, since Abraham's Faith is what was counted as righteous, which is also why Apostle Paul said in Galatians 3 that those of Faith have become "the children of Abraham."

That reveals the care of The Gospel of Jesus Christ began with God's Promises to Abraham. Those promises (with the blessings) then went to Abraham's son Isaac, and then to his son Jacob, and then to his son Joseph, and finally wound upon Ephraim in final (1 Chronicles 5).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is actually what the name 'Israel' represents per God's Birthright transfer to Jacob, His giving Jacob that new name, yet Jacob is still... used after the giving of the new name. That is to point us to 'reason' for the new name Israel being for those in Christ that 'overcome' with God's help. That is what the word Israel means.

And to Ephraim was the prophecy that his seed would become "a multitude of nations". That was fulfilled by the western Christian nations after they put their Baal idols away, like God had prophesied through His prophet Hosea. Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim was the head over the ten tribes, which God gave him. And this stewardship remained with Ephraim even to this day, him being still the head over all the other tribes of Israel in their new lands in the Christian west.

Then from there, they serve as ambassadors to take The Gospel to the rest of the nations.

But of course, you just bypass all those Biblical and historical facts I showed in my posts, which I kinda knew you would by what you had said already above.

Reactions: Keraz