Israel and prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like there are so many threads on prophecy and Israel and rapture and all these things, I thought I would try to change things up a little. And have a little discussion.

Why does God prophecy?

Why does God refer to Israel in prophecy, what purpose does that serve.

The first thing I would like to look at, it What is the purpose of prophecy?

I would like to state, It is to prove to the world. There is only one God and there is non like him. Only Gods tells the future and those things happen. And we can test fake gods by asking them to show us things to come, and they actually literally happen.

I believe God tells us this in Scripture

Is 44: 6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.
7 And who can proclaim as I do?
Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me,
Since I appointed the ancient people.
And the things that are coming and shall come,
Let them show these to them.

8 Do not fear, nor be afraid;
Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock;
I know not one.’ ”

1. Who can proclaim as I do? Only God can proclaim the future and it comes true

2. Have them prophecy things that are coming and shall come. Can they do it?

3. Have I not told you prophecy and the things happen just as i said they would?

4. in conclusion, is there any God like me?

Our answer should be no. Only God can tell of events 1000s of years before they happen and they happen.

Reactions: ScottA

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for Israel and prophecy. God through the prophet Ezekiel tells us 10 times. That God u=will use Israel to prove to Israel and all the nations that he is the Lord God

Each step along the way to Israel’s complete restoration is meant to be a sign to show both Israel and the nations that God is the Lord. Each of these signs is identified by some form of the phrase “You will know that I am the Lord” and there are ten of them.

In effect He was saying, “You will know that I am the Lord,

1. When Israel is settled in the land in the land and they become fruitful and prosperous Israel will know

Ezekiel 36: 11 I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.

2. When Israel repents. The nations will know that The god of heaven is the Lord

Ez 36: 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.

3. When God has rebuilt what was destroyed and replanted what was desolate The nations will know

Ez 36: 36 Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the Lord, have spoken it, and I will do it.”

4. When I fill the rebuilt cities with people

Ez 36: 38 Like a flock offered as holy sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem on its feast days, so shall the ruined cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.”

5. When I bring back to life a people long dead
Ez 37: 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ ”

6. When I open their graves and bring My people up from them
Ez 37: 13 Then you shall know that I amthe Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

7. When I put My spirit in them and settle them in their own land
Ez 37: 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ ”

8: When My sanctuary stands among them forever, The nations will know I am the lord and I sanctify Israel

Ez 37: 28 The nations also will know that I, the Lord, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.” ’ ”

Reactions: ScottA

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9: When I defeat the Gog Magog coalition

Ez 38: 18 “And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” says the Lord God, “that My fury will show in My face. 19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: ‘Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, 20 so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.’ 21 I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains,” says the Lord God. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.” ’

10: When I have finished calling My people back to Israel, not leaving any behind”

Ez 39: 21 I will set My glory among the nations; all the nations shall see My judgment which I have executed, and My hand which I have laid on them. 22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day forward. 23 The Gentiles shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity; because they were unfaithful to Me, therefore I hid My face from them. I gave them into the hand of their enemies, and they all fell by the sword. 24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I have dealt with them, and hidden My face from them.” ’

25 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Now I will bring back the captives of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name— 26 after they have borne their shame, and all their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, when they dwelt safely in their own land and no one made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations, 28 then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer. 29 And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit On the house of Israel, Says the lord God

Reactions: ScottA and marks

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The true Israelites of God are all the faithful Christian peoples. Prophesies that refer to Israel, are for Christians.
Proved by:
Those believers who love the Lord and keep His commandments, that is: every faithful Christian person are designated by God to be Israelites. Galatians 6:14-16

The New Testament writings are clear: there is only one Israel, who are the only one Church, only one elect, be they Jew or Gentile by birth.

1/ Israel, the chosen people of God: Exodus 15:13, Deuteronomy 33:3, Ezra 3:11
Christians, chosen of God: Romans 9:25, Ephesians 5:1, Col. 3:12, 1 John 3:1, Rev. 7:9

2/ Israel, the children of God: Deut. 14:1, Isaiah 1:2-4, Isaiah 63:8, Hosea 11:1
Christians, the children of God: John 1:12, Romans 8:14-16, Galatians 4:5-7, 1 John 3:1

3/ Israel, the scattered sheep of God: Psalms 78:52, Isaiah 40:11, Jer. 23:1-4, Ezekiel 34:12
Christians, His sheep: among the nations: John 10:14-16, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 2:25

4/ Israel, God’s household: Hebrews 3:5, 1 Chronicles 29:14-18
Christians are God’s household: Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 10:20-21, I Timothy 3:15, 1 Cor.3:9

5/ Israel are the priests of God: Exodus 19:6, Deuteronomy 27:9
Christians are the priests of God: Isaiah 66:21, 1 Peter 2:5-9, Rev. 1:6, Revelation 5:10

6/ Israel is the bride of God: Isaiah 54:5-6, Jeremiah 2:2, Ezekiel 16:32, Hosea 1:2
Christians are the bride of Christ: Isaiah 62:4-5, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:29-32

7/ Israel is the vine and the olive tree: Isaiah 5:7, Hosea 9:10, Hosea 14:6-7
Christians are the vine and the olive: Luke 20:16, Romans 11:24

8/ Israelites are the circumcised: Genesis 17:9-14, Judges 15:18
Christians are the Spiritually ‘circumcised’: Romans 2:25-29, Philippians 3:3, Col. 2:11

9/ Israelites are the children of Abraham: 2 Chronicles 20:7, Psalms 105:5-6, Isaiah 41:8
Christians are the spiritual children of Abraham: Romans 4:13-18, Gal. 3:7& 29, John 4:23

10/ The Covenant is with Israel: Deuteronomy 4:31, 2 Kings 17:34-36, Psalms 105:7-10
The New Covenant is with Christians: 1 Corinthians 11:25, Hebrews 8:6-10, Ezekiel 34:25

The above 10 proofs totally negate any argument that the Church and Israel are 2 separate entities. That premise is held and promoted by the pre-trib rapture exponents, who must have 2 groups; one removed to heaven, [themselves] and the Jews, [wrongly called; Israel] who remain on earth to face the Great Tribulation.

The truth is proven by how it is all the faithful Christian believers of every tribe, race, nation and language: Revelation 5:9-10 & 7:9, who gather in the holy Land soon after the Sixth Seal judgement/punishment of the nations. Habakkuk 3:12
The new nation of Beulah, in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 62:1-12......they will be called 'the holy people', the Redeemed of the Lord....
They will be assigned to an appropriate Israelite tribe, according to each family’s characteristics. Proved by Isaiah 66:21 and in the prophesies of Ezekiel 40 to 48.

Reactions: Davy

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true Israelites of God are all the faithful Christian peoples. Prophesies that refer to Israel, are for Christians.
Proved by:
Those believers who love the Lord and keep His commandments, that is: every faithful Christian person are designated by God to be Israelites. Galatians 6:14-16

The New Testament writings are clear: there is only one Israel, who are the only one Church, only one elect, be they Jew or Gentile by birth.

1/ Israel, the chosen people of God: Exodus 15:13, Deuteronomy 33:3, Ezra 3:11
Christians, chosen of God: Romans 9:25, Ephesians 5:1, Col. 3:12, 1 John 3:1, Rev. 7:9

2/ Israel, the children of God: Deut. 14:1, Isaiah 1:2-4, Isaiah 63:8, Hosea 11:1
Christians, the children of God: John 1:12, Romans 8:14-16, Galatians 4:5-7, 1 John 3:1

3/ Israel, the scattered sheep of God: Psalms 78:52, Isaiah 40:11, Jer. 23:1-4, Ezekiel 34:12
Christians, His sheep: among the nations: John 10:14-16, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 2:25

4/ Israel, God’s household: Hebrews 3:5, 1 Chronicles 29:14-18
Christians are God’s household: Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 10:20-21, I Timothy 3:15, 1 Cor.3:9

5/ Israel are the priests of God: Exodus 19:6, Deuteronomy 27:9
Christians are the priests of God: Isaiah 66:21, 1 Peter 2:5-9, Rev. 1:6, Revelation 5:10

6/ Israel is the bride of God: Isaiah 54:5-6, Jeremiah 2:2, Ezekiel 16:32, Hosea 1:2
Christians are the bride of Christ: Isaiah 62:4-5, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:29-32

7/ Israel is the vine and the olive tree: Isaiah 5:7, Hosea 9:10, Hosea 14:6-7
Christians are the vine and the olive: Luke 20:16, Romans 11:24

8/ Israelites are the circumcised: Genesis 17:9-14, Judges 15:18
Christians are the Spiritually ‘circumcised’: Romans 2:25-29, Philippians 3:3, Col. 2:11

9/ Israelites are the children of Abraham: 2 Chronicles 20:7, Psalms 105:5-6, Isaiah 41:8
Christians are the spiritual children of Abraham: Romans 4:13-18, Gal. 3:7& 29, John 4:23

10/ The Covenant is with Israel: Deuteronomy 4:31, 2 Kings 17:34-36, Psalms 105:7-10
The New Covenant is with Christians: 1 Corinthians 11:25, Hebrews 8:6-10, Ezekiel 34:25

The above 10 proofs totally negate any argument that the Church and Israel are 2 separate entities. That premise is held and promoted by the pre-trib rapture exponents, who must have 2 groups; one removed to heaven, [themselves] and the Jews, [wrongly called; Israel] who remain on earth to face the Great Tribulation.

The truth is proven by how it is all the faithful Christian believers of every tribe, race, nation and language: Revelation 5:9-10 & 7:9, who gather in the holy Land soon after the Sixth Seal judgement/punishment of the nations. Habakkuk 3:12
The new nation of Beulah, in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 62:1-12......they will be called 'the holy people', the Redeemed of the Lord....
They will be assigned to an appropriate Israelite tribe, according to each family’s characteristics. Proved by Isaiah 66:21 and in the prophesies of Ezekiel 40 to 48.

There are two aspects to Gods promise to abraham.

1. In you shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.. This references all christians no matter what race we are, no matter what sex we are and no matter who we are. It is in reference to eternal salvation. All of these people will not only be saved. but they will enter the new Jerusalem as citizens of that place prepared for them

2. I give you this land as an eternal possession. This is NOT in reference to all Christians. This is in reference to Abraham Isaac and Jacob and Jacobs 12 sons. And when Israel is mentioned in this topic. it is not in reference to all believers, but to a race of people.

if you had went over the points that I had made, we could discuss why I can not agree with you on your ten points.

I will make another post. explaining how the points I made CAN NOT be the church. I hope you look to them to disuss them

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proved by:
lets take a look at the points i made
1. When Israel is settled in the land in the land and they become fruitful and prosperous Israel will know

If we add vs 10 we get this

10 I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt.

Ezekiel 36: 11 I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.

It can't be the church, because the church never had its nation destroyed, its cities laid waste and put in ruins. so there is nothing that can be rebuilt

2. When Israel repents. The nations will know that The god of heaven is the Lord

Ez 36: 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.

It can't be the church, the church was not scattered to other nations in punishment for disobedience, and while she was there profained the name of the Lord. Yet the nation of Israel was and has done this for 2000 years now

3. When God has rebuilt what was destroyed and replanted what was desolate The nations will know

Ez 36: 36 Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the Lord, have spoken it, and I will do it.”

Again, It can't be the church when has the church been destroyed, had its high placed put in ruins and its cities destroyed. And what part or what cityof the church will be rebuilt. causing the nations to look to God and say, yes that is God look what he did to rebuild those places?

4. When I fill the rebuilt cities with people

Ez 36: 38 Like a flock offered as holy sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem on its feast days, so shall the ruined cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.”

it cant be the church, again what cities of what church nation will be rebuilt and become inhabited again?

5. When I bring back to life a people long dead
Ez 37: 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ ”

6. When I open their graves and bring My people up from them
Ez 37: 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

7. When I put My spirit in them and settle them in their own land
Ez 37: 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ ”

8: When My sanctuary stands among them forever, The nations will know I am the lord and I sanctify Israel

Ez 37: 28 The nations also will know that I, the Lord, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.” ’ ”
as for the last 4 points. It can;t be the church, Look at the passage in context..

11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ ”

15 Again the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 16 “As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: ‘For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.’ Then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.’ 17 Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.

18 “And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, ‘Will you not show us what you mean by these?’— 19 say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.” ’ 20 And the sticks on which you write will be in your hand before their eyes.

21 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again.

Two nations, two kingdoms?

When was the church ever sent as punishment to lands. When were they divided into two kingdoms? And what land was ever promised to the church. which they were taken out of and need to be returned?

9: When I defeat the Gog Magog coalition

Ez 38: 18 “And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” says the Lord God, “that My fury will show in My face. 19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: ‘Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, 20 so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.’ 21 I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains,” says the Lord God. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.” ’

What land is the church going to be in that was given to them that Gog will surround its armies around and God protects the churcvh by sending a great earthquake? Rome??

10: When I have finished calling My people back to Israel, not leaving any behind”

It can't be the church, How can you call the church BACK to a land they never owned and never left?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like there are so many threads on prophecy and Israel and rapture and all these things, I thought I would try to change things up a little. And have a little discussion.

Why does God prophecy?

The first thing I would like to look at, it What is the purpose of prophecy?

I would like to state, It is to prove to the world. There is only one God and there is non like him. Only Gods tells the future and those things happen. And we can test fake gods by asking them to show us things to come, and they actually literally happen.

I believe God tells us this in Scripture

Is 44: 6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.
7 And who can proclaim as I do?
Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me,
Since I appointed the ancient people.
And the things that are coming and shall come,
Let them show these to them.

8 Do not fear, nor be afraid;
Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock;
I know not one.’ ”

1. Who can proclaim as I do? Only God can proclaim the future and it comes true

2. Have them prophecy things that are coming and shall come. Can they do it?

3. Have I not told you prophecy and the things happen just as i said they would?

4. in conclusion, is there any God like me?

Our answer should be no. Only God can tell of events 1000s of years before they happen and they happen.

I personally think that in the spiritual realm they see time differently. Before I was a Christian I had some dreams that came true and my daughter also has dreams that come true. I do not think that was from God because I was not a Christian and my daughter now is not a Christian. I think that the demons or fallen angels have some ability to see the near future because of this. I could be totally wrong as I have not really pursued this kind of thing in scripture.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I personally think that in the spiritual realm they see time differently. Before I was a Christian I had some dreams that came true and my daughter also has dreams that come true. I do not think that was from God because I was not a Christian and my daughter now is not a Christian. I think that the demons or fallen angels have some ability to see the near future because of this. I could be totally wrong as I have not really pursued this kind of thing in scripture.
@Mantis I guess the point is that now we have the Bible there is no reason to trust dreams in preference to God's Word...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are alot of things I think we can not explain.

Reactions: Mantis

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It can't be the church, How can you call the church BACK to a land they never owned and never left?
What you fail to see, is what happened to the ten Northern tribes; the House of Israel. The lost 'sheep' of Israel, the people Jesus came to save. Matthew 15:24
THEY are our ancestors, literally and Spiritually and we Christians inherit the Promises of God to them. Ephesians 1:11-14

The belief that the mixed race peoples currently occupying a small part of the holy Land, are or will become, the people of God, is a bad mistake and conflicts with the many prophesies that say those people face Judgment and only a remnant will survive.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you fail to see, is what happened to the ten Northern tribes; the House of Israel. The lost 'sheep' of Israel, the people Jesus came to save. Matthew 15:24
THEY are our ancestors, literally and Spiritually and we Christians inherit the Promises of God to them. Ephesians 1:11-14

The belief that the mixed race peoples currently occupying a small part of the holy Land, are or will become, the people of God, is a bad mistake and conflicts with the many prophesies that say those people face Judgment and only a remnant will survive.
If Christians inherit the promise. then they would be living in Palestine as we speak. they would be living in peace from their enemies. they would be in the land, and the land would be a blessing

the fact that we are not proves it is not us.

Again, How can you call the church back to a land that they never lost?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christians inherit the promise. then they would be living in Palestine as we speak. they would be living in peace from their enemies. they would be in the land, and the land would be a blessing

the fact that we are not proves it is not us.

Again, How can you call the church back to a land that they never lost?

Boy have you got The Bible backwards!

Those who received The Gospel of Jesus Christ inherited the Promises to Abraham. Apostle Paul made this plain in Galatians 3 and Romans 4 that those of Faith are the "children of Abraham", and inherit with faithful Abraham!

So repent to Jesus Christ, before it's too late.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy have you got The Bible backwards!

Those who received The Gospel of Jesus Christ inherited the Promises to Abraham. Apostle Paul made this plain in Galatians 3 and Romans 4 that those of Faith are the "children of Abraham", and inherit with faithful Abraham!

So repent to Jesus Christ, before it's too late.
one of the promises of abraham given also to Isaac and Jacob and his 12 sons was land in the middle east. Peace and prosperity while living in that land.
Did Paul say we inherited that also? and if so. Why are we not there now?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one of the promises of abraham given also to Isaac and Jacob and his 12 sons was land in the middle east. Peace and prosperity while living in that land.
Did Paul say we inherited that also? and if so. Why are we not there now?

This present world ain't over yet bud.

Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This present world ain't over yet bud.

Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch.
1. Whats that have to do with what God promised to abraham Isaac and Jacob and his 12 sons and their descendants as an eternal gift? except that the fact that the present world aint over yet. So that promise still stands.

2. Count my chickens? lol. I am just trying to see what the word of God says, Can you speak to any of the passages I have mentioned?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Whats that have to do with what God promised to abraham Isaac and Jacob and his 12 sons and their descendants as an eternal gift? except that the fact that the present world aint over yet. So that promise still stands.

2. Count my chickens? lol. I am just trying to see what the word of God says, Can you speak to any of the passages I have mentioned?

Never understood the Book of Hosea apparently, might try it and look to the "multitude of nations" that Ephraim's seed was to become, and then tell me that's not about God's blessings to Abraham. Then when you get done with that, you might go over all the prophecies still yet future about God gathering the two houses of His people back together again, in the holy land of promise, which is STILL future.

And only an unbelieving JEW would wrongly be conceited to think that today's nation state of Israel is the final state of God's Israel per His promises.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never understood the Book of Hosea apparently, might try it and look to the "multitude of nations" that Ephraim's seed was to become, and then tell me that's not about God's blessings to Abraham. Then when you get done with that, you might go over all the prophecies still yet future about God gathering the two houses of His people back together again, in the holy land of promise, which is STILL future.
My friend.

I am discussing the covenant made between God and Abraham Isaac and Jacob in Gen 15, 17, 26, 35, and 48. and how future prophecy concerning Israel when it is fulfilled. Will glorify God and show people he is the one God

and the passages you speak of, If you actually read my post, You would see I already commented on them as FUTURE fulfillment.

When these things happen. People will KNOW that I am the Lord God..

so I am not sure what your complaint is

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend.

I am discussing the covenant made between God and Abraham Isaac and Jacob in Gen 15, 17, 26, 35, and 48. and how future prophecy concerning Israel when it is fulfilled. Will glorify God and show people he is the one God

and the passages you speak of, If you actually read my post, You would see I already commented on them as FUTURE fulfillment.

When these things happen. People will KNOW that I am the Lord God..

so I am not sure what your complaint is

Like playing games do you?

In your post #12 above, you said if Christians inherit the promise, they would already be living in Palestine.

Then you said this...

"the fact that we are not proves it is not us.

Again, How can you call the church back to a land that they never lost?"

That is especially where you messed up, claiming God's promises to Israel have nothing to do with Christ's Church.

I sure hope you don't claim to understand the Old Testament prophets, because you failed miserably with that above idea. That's why... I pointed you to Hosea, because it's about the ten scattered tribes of Israel, called the "house of Israel" at that time.

Apostle Paul quoted from Hosea to Roman Gentile believers on Christ in Romans 9. It shows the ten tribe house of Israel joined together with Gentiles as one body under Christ Jesus. Just where... did that happen in history, and what other promises are still waiting for them when Jesus returns?