It is the spirit of God that makes intercession for us.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If scripture says such, then I suppose it's true. That verse in it's self, I feel is very powerful.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"standing in the gap"...praying to God on behalf of another person or a situation because they are not able to do so [for various reasons] themselves.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walter said:
but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groaning Romans 8:26, 27.
http://biblehub.com/romans/8-26.htm , http://biblehub.com/romans/8-27.htm
The King James Bible testify that the Holy Spirit has intercessions but He cannot utter them or speak them in making them known when it ends with with groanings which cannot be uttered, meaning no sound at all in verse 26. This is why verse 27 exists in explaining how the unspeakable intercessions of the Spirit's are made known and that is by Another Person Whom searches our hearts ( Whom is the Word of God as confirmed in Hebrews 4:12-16 as it is this Person that "knows" the mind of the Spirit because He IS the ONE that makes intercessions for the saints in according to the will of God which is the man Christ Jesus being the only Mediator between God and man. This is why "itself" was used in the KJV as the Son of God knows the mind of the Spirit is how the Spirit makes intercessions for us INDIRECTLY. This is so because only the Son is inbetween us and the Father in giving our intercessions and the unspeakbale intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father ( John 14:6 ) so that when the Father says "Yes.." to any of them, the Son answers our prayers; John 14:13-14.

Born_Again said:
If scripture says such, then I suppose it's true. That verse in it's self, I feel is very powerful.
Depends on which Bible you use. All modern Bibles testified that the Holy Spirit makes His own intercessions known directly by Himself but He cannot when there is only One Mediator between God and man.

cristianprince67 said:
What does intercession mean?
Prayer requests for others. Many saints can pray; but the Holy Spirit cannot pray directly as in giving His intercessions to the Father when it is the Son's job to do so as only He canb answer prayers whenever the Father says "Yes.." so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers. See John 14:13-14.

Angelina said:
"standing in the gap"...praying to God on behalf of another person or a situation because they are not able to do so [for various reasons] themselves.
And that concludes the truth in why the Holy Spirit cannot give His intercessions directly Himself as only the Son of God can because there is only One Mediator between God and man; Hebrews 7:25

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
You are a KJVonlyer and you have a right to your own opinion. Tell me ~ what do you believe the Holy Spirit does? :huh:
He is sent to testify of the Son; John 15:26; He will not speak of Himself ( John 16:13 ) so as to seek the glory of the Son ( John 16:14 )and so those led by the Spirit of God will be doing the same thing ( John 15:27 & John 5:23 & John 13:31-32 ).

He is the Comforter by always dwelling within us. This is how we will know the Holy Spirit by Him dwelling within us. John 14:17

Jesus said that He is the only way for any one coming to the Father: John 14:6 that is why all invitations points to the Son and none to the Holy Spirit because it is by coming to the Son, we have received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit cannot move on His own accord. The Holy Spirit cannot fill a believer again when He is forever in them as promised. Ephesians 4:30 as to why we can never lose our salvation as kept by Jesus ( John 6:39-40 )

The Holy Spirit is not to be prayed to because He cannot answer prayers when the will of the Father is for the Son to answer those prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son; John 14:13-14

The Holy Spirit will not use tongues as a form of prayer language because He only speaks what He hears John 16:13 which is why God's gift of tongues is for speaking unto the people; 1 Corinthians 14:20-21

That also means the Holy Spirit will not come inbetween us as the One to go to in prayer or by way of prayer because the Son of God is the only One we are to go to in coming to God the Father by. Those that climb up another way is a robber and a thief ( John 10:1 ) and those that climb up that way winds up following a stranger's voice which is tongues with no interpretation ( John 10:2-5 )

Jesus reminded followers that He is the door; the only access to God the Father by for life: John 10:7-9 is PROOF that any one... coming inbetween the Son and us is the thief which proves that is NOT the Holy Spirit using tongues as a form of prayer language.

Jesus as the Good Shepherd speaks to us through the Holy Spirit in us ( John 16:13-15 ) and all the fruits and gifts of the Spirit are from Jesus ( Philippians 1:6,11 ) That is why the Holy Spirit would give the Son the glory for we are the work of His hands.

The Holy Spirit will not lead believers to speak of Himself in seeking His own glory, but of the Son in seeking His glory. The Holy Spirit will teach by bringing into remebrance all things the Son has said unto us and is saying ( John 14:26 )

We can only receive the Holy Spirit once. We are exhorted to remain filled in the Spirit by sowing to the fruits of the Spirit by faith in the Son of God doing His work in us as opposing to any sowing towards works of the flesh in reaping corruption

Unless you have specific questions regarding the Holy Spirit, that's pretty much the gist of Him whereas seducing spirits or the spirits of the antichrist would like to come inbetween us and the Bridegroom to lure us to chase after them for signs and wonders in becoming an adulterous generation departing from faith in seeking after a sign as if they can receive the "Holy Spirit" again and again and again.

Those that have gone astray can come back from the market to chase no more after those spirits and rest in Him that they are filled as promise, shunning vain & profane babblings and pray normally so that they may know what they had prayed for so they can give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for answered prayers which is the will of God for us to do. 2 Timothy 2:16:24-26

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I took on the task of checking each noted scripture with what you are comparing it to. Some of them are right on with what you are trying to convey but there are others that you seem to be twisting them meet your needs. This is what I was referring to earlier when I said it was up for interpretation. You are interpreting them as you see them but they don't necessarily fit as a valid argument for the OP.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Okay brother, I will discuss this topic using the KJV ;)

John 7
8 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 15
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
[Who is the Spirit of Truth which has been with Jesus from the beginning?]

John 16
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

[Why did Jesus have to leave before the Comforter could come?]

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

[Here we can clearly see what this scripture states ~ the Holy Spirit receives and reveals truth from the Lord Jesus to his believers]

John 17
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

[This scripture tells us that Jesus sanctifies himself so that the disciples and those who believe on Jesus through their word, may also be sanctified in truth.That we who believe may all be one in the Father through his sanctified Son]

Romans 8
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
[Who raised Jesus from the dead?]

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
[Who is it that searches the heart ~ for the purpose of making intercession for the Saints?] :huh:

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Galatians 4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

[What Spirit did God send into our hearts?]

Hebrews 7
24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

What is the Truth? :ph34r:

John 14
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Shalom!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
So I took on the task of checking each noted scripture with what you are comparing it to. Some of them are right on with what you are trying to convey but there are others that you seem to be twisting them meet your needs. This is what I was referring to earlier when I said it was up for interpretation. You are interpreting them as you see them but they don't necessarily fit as a valid argument for the OP.
It would be better to prove that by addressing those specific ones that you have been led to believe I was twisting them by my interpretation. I'm up for pruning to bear more fruit, brother. It can't be done by that kind of a vague response.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Angelina said:

John 7
8 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 15
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
John 16
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

[Here we can clearly see what this scripture states ~ the Holy Spirit receives and reveals truth from the Lord Jesus to his believers]

John 17
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

[This scripture tells us that Jesus sanctifies himself so that the disciples and those who believe on Jesus through their word, may also be sanctified in truth.That we who believe may all be one in the Father through his sanctified Son]

Romans 8
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
[Who is it that searches the heart ~ for the purpose of making intercession for the Saints?] :huh:

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Galatians 4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Hebrews 7
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

John 14
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Shalom!

In John 15:26-27 Jesus was talking to the disciples about the Holy Spirit's testimony of the Son and their testimony of the Son since they were with Him since the beginning of His ministry on earth to be a witness of Jesus.

The answer to the question of John 16:7-11 is your earlier first reference of John 7:38-39

John 16:13-15; Yes; the Holy Spirit reveals the truth from Jesus Christ as He only speaks what He hears. So basically, Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd is leading us through the Holy Spirit in us.

John 17:15-21 I am in agreement with the added clarifying truth that by the hearing of the gospel is how one receives the belief of the truth and the sanctification of the Spirit by way of Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

The answer to who raised Jesus from the dead is God the Father through the Holy Spirit & afterwards the Son will.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

John 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Who searches the hearts is the One that knows the mind of the Spirit; thus not the Holy Spirit is being testified of as this "he" is in Romans 8:27, but the Son of God as confirmed below.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Galatians 4:4,6 testifies that God the Father sent the Spirit of His Son into us and that is why when the Holy Spirit speaks to us, our response is to reply back to the Son; not towards the Holy Spirit; as the bride to the Bridegroom.

The truth of Hebrews 7:24-25 is that Jesus is the only One that can give our intercessions and the unspeakable intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father because that is His sole job for when the Father says "Yes.." the Son answers our prayers so that the Father may receive thanks in Jesus's name as the Father will be glorified in the Son for answered prayers... and that is the truth of John 14:6 as the Son is our only access in coming to God the Father in prayer for our prayers to be heard and answered.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm sorry...I don't have the time to try to relate your bible scriptures to the questions I have asked. It seems to be melting in together. It would have been easier if you had quoted me and then answered my comments... :huh: *sigh* I work you know...

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
I'm sorry...I don't have the time to try to relate your bible scriptures to the questions I have asked. It seems to be melting in together. It would have been easier if you had quoted me and then answered my comments... :huh: *sigh* I work you know...
I do not know how you guys do that in separating the quotes within the quote for me to respond to in here, but I did not know that you work. I never considered that, but now I know. Thanks.

God be willing, maybe later you may have free time to read post #10. Until then...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Can you see just below your post there is the word "quote" written in pale blue? To quote me you can either hit that "quote" feature on my post which will place the whole message that I had written into your post. You can then comment below.

Alternatively, you can underline what I had said by left clicking your mouse and move over my text until you have the various points you want quoted [the underlined text will show up dark blue] release ~ then right click the mouse and a pop up will appear. Select copy ~ then in your own comment box, right click again and select paste. Then you need to place brackets at the beginning of the post thusly [ ] ~ in the center of the brackets write the word ~ quote ~ At the end of the comment you have selected, place the brackets again [ ] but this time write /quote in the center

This will enclose the quote you have selected from my post ~ I hope that makes sense :unsure:

Reactions: Shirley

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
John 15

In John 15:26-27 Jesus was talking to the disciples about the Holy Spirit's testimony of the Son and their testimony of the Son since they were with Him since the beginning of His ministry on earth to be a witness of Jesus.

The beginning of verse 27 "And ye also shall bear witness" is proof that He was referring to the disciples.

John 16

The answer to the question of John 16:7-11 is your earlier first reference of John 7:38-39

John 7

Yes; all the words, fruits, and gifts of the Spirit are from Jesus Christ so asking the Holy Spirit for them is wrong, but asking Jesus for them is the right & only way.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me...13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 17

John 17:15-21 I am in agreement with the added clarifying truth that by the hearing of the gospel is how one receives the belief of the truth and the sanctification of the Spirit by way of Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Romans 8

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

John 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.....34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Who searches the hearts is the One that knows the mind of the Spirit; thus not the Holy Spirit is being testified of as this "he" is in Romans 8:27, but the Son of God as confirmed below.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Galatians 4

Galatians 4:4,6 testifies that God the Father sent the Spirit of His Son into us and that is why when the Holy Spirit speaks to us, our response is to reply back to the Son; not towards the Holy Spirit; as the bride to the Bridegroom.

Hebrews 7

John 14
The truth of Hebrews 7:24-25 is that Jesus is the only One that can give our intercessions and the unspeakable intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father because that is His sole job for when the Father says "Yes.." the Son answers our prayers so that the Father may receive thanks in Jesus's name as the Father will be glorified in the Son for answered prayers... and that is the truth of John 14:6 as the Son is our only access in coming to God the Father in prayer for our prayers to be heard and answered.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
Angelina said:

John 7
If the Holy Ghost was not given then how does one reconcile Matthew 1:18 or Matthew 1:20

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Since in 1 John 5:7 it is written, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. John 8:42

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Genesis 1:26

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 7
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Forsakenone said:
If the Holy Ghost was not given then how does one reconcile Matthew 1:18 or Matthew 1:20

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
John 7:38-39 is not about the incarnation of Jesus Christ of the Holy Ghost in Matthew 1:18 & 20.

John 7:38-39 is about when believers would receive the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost was when Jesus was glorified after having ascended to the Father in Heaven in preparing the way for us to go to Heaven by Him.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also....6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The repeated commandment to believe Him is how one receives this promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost after He has gone above to prepare a place for those that would be saved by Jesus Christ by believing in Him.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

So John 7:38-39 was about salvation as to when believers are saved by believing in Jesus Christ as that was when Jesus baptizes us from above with the Holy Ghost.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If He is the Holy Trinity, then if you come to God, then how is it not feasible to come through the Holy Spirit. If He is 3 in 1. Does that not include the Holy Spirit?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
If He is the Holy Trinity, then if you come to God, then how is it not feasible to come through the Holy Spirit. If He is 3 in 1. Does that not include the Holy Spirit?
Because Jesus told us that He is the only way in coming to God the Father in anything. John 14:6

Going around the Son is the work of iniquity; John 10:1,7-9

This is the broadening of the way in worship where many houses have fallen in these movements of the "Spirit". Matthew 7:13-27

The 700 Club reported in 1994 how the holy laughter movement went acroiss the denomenations as it was no longer a streamlined Pentecostal /Charismatic event, thus a false prophet that gathers grapes of thorns and figs of thistles being ecumenical in nature. Matthew 7:15-16 This is why it was happening because they had broadened the way in the worship place where many houses have fallen; Matthew 7:13-14 & end result in Matthew 7:24-27

The solution to avoid these initial events and from invoking the "Holy Spirit" in worship to come and do that again is to narrow the way back to the straight gate; keep the spotlight on the Bridegroom in worship which is what the real indwelling Holy Spirit has been sent to do in glorifgying the Son through the believers. The consequence for not striving ye to enter through the straight gate is being left behind at he pre trib rapture event in missing the Marriage Supper with the O.T. saints in Luke 13:24-30

Those led by the Holy Spirit will do exactly what the Holy Spirit is sent to to .., to testify of the Son in seeking His glory; not Himself nor themselves.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well your first mistake was watching the 700 club. I take little stock in that show.

JesusIsFaithful said:
Because Jesus told us that He is the only way in coming to God the Father in anything. John 14:6

Going around the Son is the work of iniquity; John 10:1,7-9 Still doesn't refer to the Holy Spirit

This is the broadening of the way in worship where many houses have fallen in these movements of the "Spirit". Matthew 7:13-27 Says Spirit, Not Holy Spirit.... Interpretation

The 700 Club reported in 1994 how the holy laughter movement went acroiss the denomenations as it was no longer a streamlined Pentecostal /Charismatic event, thus a false prophet that gathers grapes of thorns and figs of thistles being ecumenical in nature. Matthew 7:15-16 This is why it was happening because they had broadened the way in the worship place where many houses have fallen; Matthew 7:13-14 & end result in Matthew 7:24-27 If found to be a false prophet, then it has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit. I don't see the relevance of this.

The solution to avoid these initial events and from invoking the "Holy Spirit" in worship to come and do that again is to narrow the way back to the straight gate; keep the spotlight on the Bridegroom in worship which is what the real indwelling Holy Spirit has been sent to do in glorifgying the Son through the believers. The consequence for not striving ye to enter through the straight gate is being left behind at he pre trib rapture event in missing the Marriage Supper with the O.T. saints in Luke 13:24-30

Those led by the Holy Spirit will do exactly what the Holy Spirit is sent to to .., to testify of the Son in seeking His glory; not Himself nor themselves. <----- I don't argue being led by the Holy Spirit.
BA

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
Well your first mistake was watching the 700 club. I take little stock in that show.
Actually, the 700 Club supported it indirectly as being a movement of God just as they did with the Promise Keepers' program. They certainly did not preach against those two movements, but just reporting it, and thus supporting it by displaying it on the media.

<----- I don't argue being led by the Holy Spirit.

BA
Your response with the arrow was to this comment of mine:

Those led by the Holy Spirit will do exactly what the Holy Spirit is sent to to .., to testify of the Son in seeking His glory; not Himself nor themselves. <----- I don't argue being led by the Holy Spirit.

Alot of believers claim they are being led by the Holy Spirit but scripture is the only way to confirm that they are following the Word of God as led by the indwelling Holy Spirit to do or they are following something that is not found as a practise to do in scripture.

So feel free to prove that by the scripture of the teaching of the practise of worshipping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son, because neither scripture nor the indwelling Holy Spirit would ever lead a believer to do that.