It is very important to understand what “the crown of life” is

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
From The Applied New Testament Commentary (Thomas Hale):
“The believer who perseveres will receive the crown of life.
The “crown of life” is the crown of victory over sin, or the crown of victory in our life’s race.
The main meaning of the crown of life is salvation, or eternal life (see Mark 13:13).”

James 1:12-15 • “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved,
he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

… But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth (eternal) death.”

We all know that sin results in both physical and spiritual death

(Romans 5:12-20, Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, etc.)
Please note the 2 opposites above:
No sinning results in the crown of life … sinning results in eternal death!

Rev 2:10-11 • “Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”
He who is faithful until death will receive the crown of life.
Mark 13:13, etc. (below) promises eternal life to him who endures with his faith until death.
The second death is eternal death (Rev 20:14, Rev 21:8).
If one overcomes by being faithful until the end, he does not experience eternal death,
but instead he receives the crown of life … he experiences eternal life (salvation).

Mark 13:13 • “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake.
But he who endures (in his faith) to the end (of his life) shall be saved.”
Confirmations: 1 Cor 16:13, Gal 5:1, Phil 4:1, Col 1:22-23, Heb 10:35-36, James 5:7-8, 1 Pet 5:9

2 Tim 4:7-8 • “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge,
will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.”
Our imputed righteousness must be practiced (i.e. continued)
in order to maintain (keep) that righteousness …
“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:35)
“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,
OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“… the kingdom of God is … righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who
serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.” (Rom 14:16-18)
“… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)

Scripture teaches us that “the crown of life” means salvation (eternal life).

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As soon as we learn to love perfectly, we will no longer sin. The only way is to follow Jesus and be open to the HS. Not sure why it is a big deal to use the symbol of the Crown of Life to describe the process. I could careless if it is called the magic bubble gum, as long as it means that I am fully justified and sanctified through the love of Christ and instruction of the HS.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
aspen said:
As soon as we learn to love perfectly, we will no longer sin. The only way is to follow Jesus and be open to the HS. Not sure why it is a big deal to use the symbol of the Crown of Life to describe the process. I could careless if it is called the magic bubble gum, as long as it means that I am fully justified and sanctified through the love of Christ and instruction of the HS.
Aspen...................YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...I see ya got your own little contest goin on up in here :D
Incase you are wondering.......yes....I'm still sitting on my water bottle...and chewin some bubble gum :p

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RANDOR said:
Aspen...................YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...I see ya got your own little contest goin on up in here :D
Incase you are wondering.......yes....I'm still sitting on my water bottle...and chewin some bubble gum :p
Haha

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Yep............I'm an heir to the King...................all is mine..............size 8 please for the crown fitting :)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

I feel one should understand what the concept of "agape" denotes first and foremost understanding that this "agape" is the outcome of faith, we need to understand what a valid "faith" is too. Then understand Isa.63:3 - wow! Where do I start?

Old Jack,

At least we 'understand,' wanting to be 'understood,' or is the other way around? RANDOR to the rescue.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is suspending our disbelief. It is creating a space in our mind where our opinion is not allowed. Unfortunately, after the Fall, our will or opinion, turned negative. We sometime brag about it as a BS meter. The world brags about how quickly it can declare an idea as BS. Jesus tells us that we have no way of determining what is true or false - we have to take Gods word for it. According to Christ, a fine tuned BS meter is nothing to be proud of. It stops us from learning and loving others. We must follow the lead of the HS and suspend our opinion until we can realize what God want us to do. Christians often say "pray about it before you decide - this is beautiful advice.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you for caring again!

Agape (not the English "Love" way of defining) is the greatest concept because it outranks 'hope' and 'faith' Scripturally, however "Faith" must be first as a genuine "Faith" produces a genuine "Agape," not the other way around. Have "Faith" in error then most likey "Agape" in error unknowingly.

Faith: A Genuine "Faith," until someone corrects me, is a trust in God's promise that is centered in the Godman Lord Jesus Christ.

Old correctable Jack