It's been a while

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Actually, I just popped in to look around but got this message.... "Hello DONNIE it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?" So.....I'll ask a question. Have all or most of you found a church that you regularly attend that teaches your opinion on a post-trib rapture? Donnie

E

Elaine

My place never talks about any post-trib rapture stuff.Sorry, I wonder if someday they will. It wouldn't interest me if theydidThey seem to be centered mostly on healing and livingin the Kingdom, knowing the Holy Spirit and then just lessonsmaybe talking about the Blood Covenant or the gifts of theHoly Spirit.Lots of healing.So the answer would be he doesn't talk about it at all, at least not yet.Take care,:)Elaine

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Thank you Elaine. I'm really curious about how many churches preach a post-trib doctrine and knew that this forum would be the best indicator of that as it's 99% post-trib. I'm suprised that the previous 12 viewers had no response. I'll check back tomorrow. Shalom, Donnie

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I've been a part of three churches now because of moving and I'll say 2/3 taught the post-tribulational viewpoint with the third being fairly evenly split.Just a quick note that I am moving this topic to the proper forum for End Times Prophecy forum.

gervais

Aug 3, 2009
[quote name='DONNIE;73513]Actually' date=' I just popped in to look around but got this message.... "Hello DONNIE it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?" So.....I'll ask a question. Have all or most of you found a church that you regularly attend that teaches your opinion on a post-trib rapture? Donnie[/QUOTE']I haven't attended a "church," as in building, for years. I do study Scripture a number of hours per week on my own and twice a week with a small Bible study group which could be considered a home church.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Out of all of the churches close to home there is not one that preaches post-trib rapture. They either teach pre-trib or avoid the subject all together. I really expected more replies to my question but I will assume the answer. Donnie

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It really doesnt matter Donnie we are to study Gods Word the bible not mens traditions have you not read Amos 8:11.. many men are lost in their traditions ... You choose to believe Christ comes 3 times and that he is wrong when he tells you he does not come until after ...The man of sin (who is Antichrist) 2 Thess. your choice but God never promised any pretrib. rapture he only promises to come at the 7th trump which is Gods wrath .... that is the only gathering to him ...No One has/nor has there ever been any biblical evidence of any other gathering to him .... However if one choose's Men words over Gods word their choice .....I prefer God words over mens "And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another.... "But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved. (Matthew 24:10, 13) Just who do you think it going to be falling away ...certainly non believers can not fall away from what they never were a part of in the first place .... The bible is full of verse that say we all be here ...yet men will ignore them for the traditions and lies of men ...... all based in a misinterptation of one verse in 1 Thess. even though second Thess was written to correct the misconception of first Thess. Pre trib. rapture is based in the error/misconception God word itself corrects ...yet men ignore the correction and belive the error

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
[quote name='Christina;73652]It really doesnt matter Donnie we are to study Gods Word the bible not mens traditions have you not read Amos 8:11.. many men are lost in their traditions ... You choose to believe Christ comes 3 times and that he is wrong when he tells you he does not come until after ...The man of sin (who is Antichrist) 2 Thess. your choice but God never promised any pretrib. rapture he only promises to come at the 7th trump which is Gods wrath .... that is the only gathering to him ...No One has/nor has there ever been any biblical evidence of any other gathering to him .... However if one choose's Men words over Gods word their choice .....I prefer God words over mens "And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another.... "But the one who endures to the end' date=' he shall be saved. ([URL=http://bible.logos.com/passage/nasb/Matthew%2024.10']Matthew 24:10[/URL], 13) Just who do you think it going to be falling away ...certainly non believers can not fall away from what they never were a part of in the first place .... The bible is full of verse that say we all be here ...yet men will ignore them for the traditions and lies of men ...... all based in a misinterptation of one verse in 1 Thess. even though second Thess was written to correct the misconception of first Thess. Pre trib. rapture is based in the error/misconception God word itself corrects ...yet men ignore the correction and belive the error[/QUOTE] That has absolutley nothing to do with my simple question. Donnie

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It has everything to do with your question We study God Words not men religious traditions ...The only thing that matters is what God says .... And as I just replied on the other site ...Church is where two or more gather together in his name so sense two or more gather together here and in other places to study his Word the answer is yes most denfinatly.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
I assume that there are members of this board who attend a brick & mortar church and was just curious as to how many of those teach/preach a post-trib doctrine. That is a very simple question and I mean no harm by it. 80+ views and one legit answer. Donnie

Boston

Oct 18, 2009
DONNIE;73657 said:
I assume that there are members of this board who attend a brick & mortar church and was just curious as to how many of those teach/preach a post-trib doctrine. That is a very simple question and I mean no harm by it. 80+ views and one legit answer. Donnie
The church I attend does not teach a post-trib doctrine.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wrong the only pre trib )(or rapture) churches are among American Protestants and then only widely in the last 30/40 years ... Its not taught outside America except where its exported from here for a very good reason Its strictly and American doctrine that can not be found in scripture ... One must first be taught the doctrine and then try to make it fit ...And there are hundreds of Bible scholars students on the web that do not endorse it. again because its not written ... The fact many follow the doctrine of Pre trib doesnt make it true if thats the criteria you use to judge then I guess we would still all be Sadducees and Pharisees because when Jesus started most people were Jews either of the Sadducees or Pharisees persuasion. You can check these sources and see if they are churchs I dont know but I doubt you care your only reason for asking is to prove to yourself you are right ...Well I would think we would want to turn to Gods Word to prove rather one is right http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/will-a-secret-rapture-occur-just-before-jesus-returns.htmlhttp://www.mindspring.com/~anthonybuzzard/trib.htmhttp://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/tribulation.html#oLzqQpDw42FW http://www.scionofzion.com/pretrib_rapture_diehards.htm

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
You are correct. Let scripture speak for scripture. Don't twist it or allegorize it where it fits your needs. Read the Word. I'll be "rapture ready". Peace, Donnie Google it!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how the only legitimate posts seem to be the ones you agree with Donnie. I assume my post was not counted as such, so be it. Thank God I'm not judged by people like you!

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
SwampFox;73696]Funny how the only legitimate posts seem to be the ones you agree with Donnie. I assume my post was not counted as such said:
Hi! Newby here. I am having a very hard time finding a local church that teaches something other than a pretribulation rapture. Has everyone had this same experience or is it just me?[/B] Now.....knowing nothing else about me how would you have answered? Donnie

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, I came in too harsh. I assumed from your post you were referring to the earlier comment where a member said that her church didn't do the post-tribulational teaching, and assumed hers and my post made two. I am sorry for jumping the gun there.As far as my response to that hypothetical. I would tell them to pray about it and continue to diligently search for the church that best aligns with Scripture.We are very picky about the issue because 9/10 times it's the pre-tribulationist going on the attack the first. One of the frequent methods is to start out with an innocent enough question, but immediately come charging in once someone bites. I can speak for myself and perhaps suggest for others here, but we are the way we are about the rapture because if pre-tribulational believers are wrong, there's the potential for a big problem when the fake Christ masquerades as the true Christ. If we're wrong, Christ shows up first. It's done out of love.