It's Getting Real Folks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find it really hard to comfort Christians. I say "Jesus said pray that you escape and stand before Him" and no one says to me, 'yes, I have prayed that'. Then I remind Christians that "God said He would shorten the days", and I get no response or sense of 'thanks to God'.

Well? What is it? Do you trust God with the rapture and the tribulation or not?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a really good thread for these end days. Perhaps we all should use it as a place to put updates about these things. We'll get our daily news on here hahaha!
In the words of that famous TV series from long ago... You asked for it.
The Sparkle Creed reads:

I believe in the non-binary God whose pronouns are plural.

I believe in Jesus Christ, their child, who wore a fabulous tunic and had two dads and saw everyone as a sibling-child of God.

I believe in the rainbow Spirit, who shatters our image of one white light and refracts it into a rainbow of gorgeous diversity.

I believe in the church of everyday saints as numerous, creative, and resilient as patches on the AIDS quilt, whose feet are grounded in mud and whose eyes gaze at the stars in wonder.

I believe in the call to each of us that love is love is love, so beloved, let us love.

I believe, glorious God. Help my unbelief. Amen.

This Creed was originally penned in 2021 by the “queer minister Rev. Rachel Small-Stokes”, pastor of Immanuel United Church of Christ in Louisville, Kentucky. Its use has caught on, with various Lutheran community churches and Uniting churches joining on. The above is not, is not, from the Babylon Bee. It's a thing.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find it really hard to comfort Christians. I say "Jesus said pray that you escape and stand before Him" and no one says to me, 'yes, I have prayed that'. Then I remind Christians that "God said He would shorten the days", and I get no response or sense of 'thanks to God'.

No pre-trib rapture in my theology, just strength to endure the hard times, as in all previous ages. Yes, as promised, those days shall be shortened, but Jesus did not say He would remove anyone... Until the harvest the weeds and wheat grow together. The Husbandman isn't going to remove unripened fruit before harvest time.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Nancy

As i read your post here, this jumped out in front of me = Revelation 12:12

"Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea!
For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

Peace and Good Night my Sister
While I am a firm believer that short time for us could be no more than a few years, or one night should we not wake up tomorrow, for Lucifer aka Satan, who was created before the creation of the world, and therefore we have no idea of the space time extent of his existence before creation, the short time for him could likely mean just 2 days (2000 years) from the time Revelation was written. "One day is as a1000 years..."
We have had almost a complete 6 days since creation, 2 since Calvary, 1 day more to complete the week, with the final day, the final millennium, the 7th, being a Sabbath. This the final 1000 years is an earth Sabbath, God giving the planet a week deserved and much needed rest... No life at all except the devil and his angels. The righteous in heaven, the wicked dead. Short time indeed for us all. Mathematically some have worked out that the end of the 6000 years is around 2027. Not saying that's correct, and that is the year of the Lord's coming, but I see no reason why that may not be quite close. At least, there is no prophetic reason why time should endure longer.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I am a firm believer that short time for us could be no more than a few years, or one night should we not wake up tomorrow, for Lucifer aka Satan, who was created before the creation of the world, and therefore we have no idea of the space time extent of his existence before creation, the short time for him could likely mean just 2 days (2000 years) from the time Revelation was written. "One day is as a1000 years..."
We have had almost a complete 6 days since creation, 2 since Calvary, 1 day more to complete the week, with the final day, the final millennium, the 7th, being a Sabbath. This the final 1000 years is an earth Sabbath, God giving the planet a week deserved and much needed rest... No life at all except the devil and his angels. The righteous in heaven, the wicked dead. Short time indeed for us all. Mathematically some have worked out that the end of the 6000 years is around 2027. Not saying that's correct, and that is the year of the Lord's coming, but I see no reason why that may not be quite close. At least, there is no prophetic reason why time should endure longer.
Let us allow the Holy Scripture Itself to show us this "short time" Revelation 12:7-12

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.

Satan's "short time" starts ticking when Michael gives him the boot and satan is cast down to earth with his angels.

Remember what JESUS said = "as in the days of Noah"

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a really good thread for these end days. Perhaps we all should use it as a place to put updates about these things. We'll get our daily news on here hahaha!

Even though Satan knows the bible well, does he "understand it"? The scriptures are "spiritually discerned" so that makes me question how much he actually understands, as he obviously does not have the Spirit of God living in him.
Just some thoughts.
Blessings Nancy! Satan knows the Bible back and forth. There are two things he will never speak about, "The Blood" and "The Cross."

Reactions: Debp and Nancy

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'd wonder why there would be a tribulation when people behave as he intends, after God says all things are his will.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my standpoint, I am all about people having the ability to obtain health care.

Doesn't have to do with submitting anyone as their Lord?

And why does Paul even suggest subjecting oneself to governing authorities, such as Nero who came around the same time the Letter of Rome was written by him? As long as one was not subjecting someone as their LORD, or as a false Son of God - Paul suggested doing good under the governing authorities in order to stay out of trouble, or even worse dying.

Submission to Governing Authorities​

Romans 1:13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

(My opinion in no way may reflect the view or opinions of others)

Love to you, Brake, may you carry on and stay strong,
Matthew
Hi Matt G, we're to obey government as far as it governs in harmony with the commandments of God, and oppose it when they demand obedience against God. As a youth, don't forget Scripture commands you to esteem the wisdom of your elders - because youth and naivety unguided by age and experience is why submarines implode.

World governments are run by secret occult societies subservient to the devil. How do we know? Because if there's one thing Satan's "children of pride" love to do is run their arrogant mouths about the control they exercise over us, as well as their future plans. The problem with youth and naivety is that y'all won't listen because the approach of a NWO means you'll be denied all the cool stuff we who've come before you enjoyed: more freedom, opportunity, independence, prosperity. One such mouth, David Rockefeller:

"For more than a century, ideological extremists...have seized upon well-publicized incidents...to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal, working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as "internationalists", and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and am proud of it.
"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our (secret) meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years...It would have been impossible for us to develop our plans for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supernational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries."
When it comes to trusting what satanic world leaders and their accomplices in the mainstream media say, there's only one question: WWJD?

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sparkle Creed reads:

I believe in Jesus Christ, their child, who wore a fabulous tunic and had two dads and saw everyone as a sibling-child of God.

I believe in the rainbow Spirit, who shatters our image of one white light and refracts it into a rainbow of gorgeous diversity.

I believe in the church of everyday saints as numerous, creative, and resilient as patches on the AIDS quilt, whose feet are grounded in mud and whose eyes gaze at the stars in wonder.

I believe in the call to each of us that love is love is love, so beloved, let us love.

This Creed was originally penned in 2021 by the “queer minister Rev. Rachel Small-Stokes”, pastor of Immanuel United Church of Christ in Louisville, Kentucky. Its use has caught on, with various Lutheran community churches and Uniting churches joining on. The above is not, is not, from the Babylon Bee. It's a thing.
:contemplate:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sparkle Creed reads:

Are you part of this 'Sparkel Creed'?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings Nancy! Satan knows the Bible back and forth. There are two things he will never speak about, "The Blood" and "The Cross."
Hi GTW27,
I know that Satan knows every word in every version ever made. BUT--- How can human beings who are not saved, understand without the Spirit as the scriptures are "spiritually discerned"? Speaking of course, God's Holy Spirit...I just don't think Satan knows how all things will go down, but is aware of his soon coming demise as "his time being short". :)

1 Corinthians 2:14
[14] "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

I'm sorry @Brakelite, off topic I think...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi GTW27,
I know that Satan knows every word in every version ever made. BUT--- How can human beings who are not saved, understand without the Spirit as the scriptures are "spiritually discerned"? Speaking of course, God's Holy Spirit...I just don't think Satan knows how all things will go down, but is aware of his soon coming demise as "his time being short". :)

1 Corinthians 2:14
[14] "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

I'm sorry @Brakelite, off topic I think...
Satan has been around long enough to know what the game being played is. Most humans don't. They live in their worlds of imagination, presumption, assumption, short sightedness, misunderstanding, bias, subjectivity, lack of education; the list goes on......for how long?...a few decades?
Satan understands well; he's not incompetent.....he's not like mankind.

Mankind assumes violence affords a solution. Men are so sure of it, it is taken for granted that God does as well.....and scriptures are used by men to underpin that assumption. Even the murderous attitude towards Jesus is convolutedly attributed to God having him killed.
Where do we think that comes from? Isn't it from the handbook of Lucifer himself?......and he has succeeded in painting God with his own attributes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan was defeated and done away with. With his head crushed in by the foot of Jesus and thrown into the lake of fire forever.

What still exist is darkness inside of human beings, and the spirits of the world which feed the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of ones own life; just like Satan.

Temptations come by and through the heart and its not by Satan; its by lies of other human beings misguiding others which doesnt bring forth truth whcih can set one free. And by the deception of the culture of the world compared to the heavenly ways which Yahava desires for us to look towards.

Relying on Christ and the spirit looking to Yahava; denying the self and picking up ones own cross.

Everyone wanna blame satan… why…

Do you not have faith that he was defeated?

People say he has had the victory but not yet? Such a contradiction.

Love to all,
Matthew

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has been around long enough to know what the game being played is. Most humans don't. They live in their worlds of imagination, presumption, assumption, short sightedness, misunderstanding, bias, subjectivity, lack of education; the list goes on......for how long?...a few decades?
Satan understands well; he's not incompetent.....he's not like mankind.

Mankind assumes violence affords a solution. Men are so sure of it, it is taken for granted that God does as well.....and scriptures are used by men to underpin that assumption. Even the murderous attitude towards Jesus is convolutedly attributed to God having him killed.
Where do we think that comes from? Isn't it from the handbook of Lucifer himself?......and he has succeeded in painting God with his own attributes.
I did not at all say that Satan is not brilliantly evil! He knows our ways, what buttons to push, places many stumbling blocks, our likes, dislikes. All of them from childhood on. I am not ignorant of this Q.T. It is actually kind of elementary :hmhehm I'm quite onto his wiles, as we all should be.

And with his legions of demons, he doesn't miss much, for sure.

Lord, strengthen your church!
:)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let us allow the Holy Scripture Itself to show us this "short time" Revelation 12:7-12

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.

Satan's "short time" starts ticking when Michael gives him the boot and satan is cast down to earth with his angels.

Remember what JESUS said = "as in the days of Noah"
This would probably deserve and need a separate thread... When and why was Satan cast down? And what was he doing in heaven anyway?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do you get this from Brakelite?
He had had 4000 years to study them. He has seen the fulfillment of all the prophecies to this day from the day they were first spoken. He overheard the conversations that Christ had with His disciples. He sits in on all the seminars and lectures of spirit filled men and has done so through all the ages... From Abraham to Moses, from David and Solomon to Daniel,Paul, and John. He could recite every single word of scripture from the original language, explain its precise meaning, and then offer a dozen false and misleading alternatives, many of which he has already led foolhardy and ignorant men to use in rewriting the scriptures.

Reactions: Phoneman777

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He had had 4000 years to study them. He has seen the fulfillment of all the prophecies to this day from the day they were first spoken. He overheard the conversations that Christ had with His disciples. He sits in on all the seminars and lectures of spirit filled men and has some so through all the ages... From Abraham to Moses, from David and Solomon to Daniel,Paul, and John. He could recite every single word of scripture from the original language, explain its precise meaning, and then offer a dozen false and misleading alternatives, many of which he has already led foolhardy and ignorant men to use in rewriting the scriptures.
Where are you getting all this from Brakelite? I've always taken you to be a real thinker - highest respect! Have you tried to prove your evil being from OT? Try and do that first before moving in the NT. It's a hopeless case to try and find anything on this fabricated story - certainly no origin story that I have found. Have a read over your post and please tell me, where on earth do you get this from the Bible?

F2F

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where are you getting all this from Brakelite? I've always taken you to be a real thinker - highest respect! Have you tried to prove your evil being from OT? Try and do that first before moving in the NT. It's a hopeless case to try and find anything on this fabricated story - certainly no origin story that I have found. Have a read over your post and please tell me, where on earth do you get this from the Bible?

F2F
Ookaaay. So you don't believe in Satan? The Devil?