• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't want to believe Christ freed you from the knowledge of good & evil as per Romans7:4,6?

Believing Christ NOT free a person from the knowledge of good & evil.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Adam and Eve had not chosen the forbidden knowledge of good & evil disobediently, won't all humans remain unclothed globally now?

If Adam and Eve had not chosen the to eat of the tree of good and evil...
Is irrelevant, because they did.

Why don't you let Christ rule without worrying over what's good & what's evil?

Who is worrying? Why do you imply having knowledge means worrying?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do "Little ones" & "children" refer to unborn children?

The “unborn” is an “expectation of a born” thing...
Earthlings have an “expectation” of a reproduced born thing of their KIND.
ManKIND, AnimalKIND, InsectKIND.

Why don't you trust & let Christ rule in you without you worrying over what's good & what's evil?

Why do you presume a discussion is worrying?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Temptation is derived from your own lust.

"Lust of the Eye"....is usually the issue.

"I want THAT......no matter WHAT".........

See how the lust has taken over the mind?.....And you will then do it., as what is in your mind is what you are going to do next.

The NT says....>"be in the world but not OF it"....to a Christian....and this is explained as..>"all that is in the world is LUST of the EYE".....ect.

To be "worldly", is to be owned and controlled by your own lust that desires what you SEE which becomes what you think about that decides what you do.

"Temptation" is not sin.....the sin begins when you DWELL on the Temptation, as at that point you have left noticing it, and have entered into the doing it stage.

Jesus said....."if you look at someone, and in your mind you want to have SEX with them"......its the same as doing it, as you have already become engaged with the desire to do it, to pursue it.

Final analysis : Its not wrong to WANT, as we all want.....but its wrong when you want what is wrong for you, as defined by The Law as a SIN or by Paul as a work of the Flesh.

Temptation is the open doorway that leads to sin.
You decide if you go through the door.

Remember that your mind is like a big screen that you are watching.
So, if something comes to the screen that you recognize is LUST< then just change the channel. Change the screen, instantly, as if you dont, you will watch it, and then you will do it.

Temptation is not the problem....its the DWELLING on it, that is the power that will lead you to commit a sin, a work of the flesh.

Change the screen.
Renew your mind.
The title of your OP strongly implies that sin is not an absolute.

That is very New Age.

New Age doctrine claims that nothing is absolute, that we each have our own truth and good and evil are relative, etc., etc. nonsense and nonsense and so on.

You are claiming that sin is not sin, not an evil thing inherently, until we give in to temptation and do an act that is not good for our Christian walk .... basically.

You are claiming that temptation is the evil thing; not sin.

The Bible teaches a different doctrine. 1 John 3:4 tells us that sin is absolutely the breaking of the Law of God; the 10 Commandments.

You can't explain that away.

Christians can still sin to this day.
1 John 5:16
Romans 7:20

Therefore, sin is still an absolute; as is the Law of God. It is written in Stone.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, little ones and children do not always mean that they are children of a future time but you need to read scripture in context, otherwise you are cherry picking verses that suite your own personal theology. The verse you have chosen lacks validity based on your previous statement.

It is a strawman's argument to then suggest that I do not trust or let Christ rule.
I am going to put him on ignore.

Reactions: Angelina

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are dead to the moral law, why do you yet need the knowledge of good & evil which it supplies? Why don't you trust Christ to rule you without you worrying about what's good & what's evil?

I don't worry, lol and Christ is the ONLY one I trust fully...that's the point! Jesus already fulfilled the WHOLE law, all 613 of of them, as we could never be justified by the law, and since we are disciples of Christ, we must follow His lead.

We MUST know good from evil in order to discern. And the only way to get discernment is through His Word.

"
Under the New Covenant
The question of how we should understand and relate to Old Testament’s moral laws is one of the most complex questions in Christian ethics, and, in my opinion, many people throughout history have made mistakes in this area that have been harmful.

The conclusion that I’ve come to on this question is that, first, we should recognize that the Mosaic Covenant—which began under Moses’s leadership in Exodus 20 where God gave these laws to the nation of Israel—was terminated when Christ died. Hebrews 8 and 9 are very clear about that.

Christians are no longer directly subject to the laws of the Mosaic Covenant, but instead live under the provisions of the New Covenant.

Christians are no longer directly subject to the laws of the Mosaic Covenant, but instead live under the provisions of the New Covenant. But once we agree that the Mosaic Covenant no longer has binding force on us today, we still have to realize that the Old Testament is a valuable source of ethical wisdom when we understand it in a way that’s consistent with how the New Testament authors used the Old Testament for ethical teaching.

The New Testament authors, for instance, explicitly reaffirm all of the moral standards found in the Ten Commandments, but they don’t reaffirm observance of the Sabbath as a requirement for New Covenant Christians. That’s the one exception.

What Is the Old Covenant Exactly?
Another important point that people don’t always realize is that when the New Testament talks about the “old covenant”—which is no longer binding on us—we have to realize that it is not referring to the whole Old Testament, but to the Mosaic Covenant that began in Exodus 20."
Are the Old Testament’s Moral Laws Still Binding on Us Today?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wouldn't Christ free us from the knowledge of good & evil, when choosing it led to death (separation from God)?

Because God is Spirit and without Death of the natural, there can be no birth of the spiritual, to be with God Forever.

Genesis 2:17:"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

1 Cor 15:
[36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God's word doesn't say God created them unclothed & prohibited them from choosing the knowledge of good & evil?

Order and Way;
Gods word says God created a man from dust of the Earth and put him in the garden of Eden.

Gen 2:
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
[8] And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Gods word says God commanded man to not eat of a particular tree, and gave man the warning consequence.

Gen 2:
[16] And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Then: in the Garden Gods word says;
from the mans bone God created a woman.

Gen 2:
[21] And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
[22] And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Nothing says either were clothed when they were created and made.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is following suit in their disobedience relevant?

Sure. Every Earthling is procreated from an Earthlings SEED, in the LIKENESS of that KIND of thing. The LIKENESS is mimicked from the SEED. The LIKENESS is also mimicked by the OFFSPRING, observing the choices AND consequences of it’s parent.
It’s called the parent being an EXAMPLE.
It’s called the offspring Learning by Observance of it’s EXAMPLE, and choosing what “consequence” they prefer for themselves.

Are you crosschecking the acts of Christ done through you by using the knowledge of good & evil?

I did as the same method Scripturally taught. Hear, Listen, Read, Observe Results, THEN freely chose for myself, my desired consequence, and FIND complete satisfaction in my choice.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christ lives in you to your exclusion why do you need the knowledge of good & evil?

The knowledge of “good and evil” Revealed a principled standard OF A CHOICE: to BE WITH God, or to BE WITHOUT God.

Hear, Listen, Learn, the Consequence, for WHICH you choose to be WITH and WHY, and make your choice.

Are you moral crosschecking Christ?

No.
“Good & Evil” principled standard is in regard to “spirits”.
Morals are principled standards of Earthly men regarding “right & wrong”.

Christ is “spirit” (specifically the Power of God, the Maker)
Jesus is “spirit” (specifically the Word of God, the Maker)
God is “spirit” (specifically the Creator.)
Satan is “spirit” (specifically Created and Made)
Regarding...”good and evil”....The Lord God Almighty is our example for good.
Regarding...”good and evil”....Satan is our example for evil.

Particular Earthy “created and made” KINDS of thing called “man-KIND”, are “created and made” with innate principled standards CALLED “morals”...
“Right and Wrong”. And with the FREEWILL, to choose to ACT according to either.....”right or wrong”....(and thereafter experience the consequence FOR their freewill choice.)

Regarding “Right and Wrong”....(MORALLY constituting; morally Right OR morally Wrong) and is effectively BEHAVIORS between and among men.

The BEHAVIORS....are called (PRECEPTS constituting; the specific “consequences” of choosing MORALLY Right OR morally Wrong).

The Early Hebrews, as incorporated into their Mosaic Law, were specifically Taught, (for their benefit) PRECEPTS, ie. “the expectation of consequences”, of MORALLY right choices, and of MORALLY wrong choices... REGARDING Behaviors between and among men.

WHEN Jesus (the Word of God), was sent forth out from Gods mouth, in Heaven, TO Earth, in the LIKENESS AS a man, AS a Son of (a particular) man, in a body PREPARED of God, expressly for Earthly men TO HEAR, TO SEE, TO LISTEN, TO OBSERVE....
* He was an EXAMPLE...of PERFECTION for “HOW” earthly men could always “choose” the PRECEPT of MORALLY .... RIGHT .... for the HARDEST yet BEST outcome.

And...there it is. Knowing what a mans Choice are. MIMICK Good, MIMICK EVIL, DO RIGHT, DO WRONG.... Knowing the Consequences of ones Choices. And individual men Freely Making their own Choices.

And to remember....NOT ALL MEN, MIMICK GOOD or DO RIGHT and THEY WILL BE your obstacle, hurdle, enemy....IF you have chosen Good and Right.
If you have chosen evil and wrong, evil and wrong men shall be your Friend.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Deuteronomy 1:39 talk about unborn children?

Duet 1:39 says nothing about the unborn.

Do you believe it's not you but Christ who lives in you?

Actually, my physical body is still living, spiritually accounted physically dead, spiritually accounted prepared, and spiritually I dwell IN Jesus’ risen body, I dwell WITHIN Christ, and Christ dwells WITHIN my newborn spirit, born of Gods SEED.
* THAT ^^ is the result of Gods OFFERING, and my Freely made CHOICE to Accept His OFFERING....the “consequence” being called:
Converted IN Christ.
* THE permanent “consequence”...IS Always and Forever...”WITH” God, a guaranteed assurity.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though you believe in Jesus will you be saved, if you commit stealing?

First of all, I don’t believe “I” will be saved.
I believe, “I” am saved.

Secondly, “I” have NO ability to STEAL anything FROM God.

Thirdly, “I” do have the ability to STEAL from other men.

Fourthly, “I” have no want or desire to STEAL what belongs to other men.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen2:25:"And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed". Are you sidestepping this verse?

Do I need to quote you the entire Bible?
I spoke of them being created OF dust of the earth and made Living.
Since you continue and learned AFTER the fact they were Created and Made, they were WITHOUT clothing....WHY presume, that was “sidestepped” when that knowledge was not revealed until AFTER the fact of their creation?

What is your obsession with clothing? Do you have children and wondering why they were not born with a suit of cloths?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you follow their disobedience of choosing the knowledge of good and evil violating Genesis 2:17, don't you know you will surely die?

Of course I shall surely Physically Die. God Requires my physical life.

So you don't trust Christ who indwells you?

Ignoring your gaslighting question....”So you don’t”.... pfff :rolleyes:

You have no need to WONDER what I TRUST.
I TRUST the Lord God Almighty.
That WOULD have been expressly clear to a prudent LISTENER, by my own words expressing MY Choices!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Saved Christian ~

So what about you? You indicate by the “forum name YOU have chosen”, that you ARE Saved....

Ignoring the forum name YOU have chosen......ARE you Saved, or ARE you hoping to become Saved?

Do you desire and want what others have and STEAL from others what they have?

Do you believe men COMMIT SIN, against other men?