Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, we agree, spirit beings are classified as rank. Only Jehovah is ever called Jehovah though. Jesus is never called God ever.

Well we are through. YOu deny Scripture openly and willingly. You accept the word of men over the word of God. Have the last post if you wish, but I am done with you and your unwillingness to accept the Word of God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, we agree on this. Jesus died and rose on the third day. As previously shown he gave his flesh and blood in our behalf. He was raised a spirit. He eventually returned to the heavenly realm where flesh and blood cannot go. He did appear bodily many times in different bodies, as humans cannot see spirits. Any more questions sir.

So then He died as a spirit, unless you accept redefining the word resurrection. But we are through, you are too well invested in teh lies and deception of the watchtower to even see simple words and their meaning anymore ---Sir!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then He died as a spirit, unless you accept redefining the word resurrection. But we are through, you are too well invested in teh lies and deception of the watchtower to even see simple words and their meaning anymore ---Sir!
Christ was resurrected and ascended into Heaven to be seated at the right hand of his Father, Christ is not God but his son.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ was resurrected and ascended into Heaven to be seated at the right hand of his Father, Christ is not God but his son.

Yes He is not His Father. when using god as a person, no He is not God the Father. but Jesus is equally divine (God) as His Father. they share the same essence but different persons.

He is equal to His Father in divinity but inferior to His Father in position.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes He is not His Father. when using god as a person, no He is not God the Father. but Jesus is equally divine (God) as His Father. they share the same essence but different persons.

He is equal to His Father in divinity but inferior to His Father in position.
So we agree God and Christ are not one and the same?

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Definition comes from ...

My question was not about your (or Strong's) definition. What is wrong with you?

Do you know the difference between your likeness being shown or manifested on the news and you actually being on the news?

Please answer, yes or no, then explain your answer to my actual question. Thanks.

My question is about your capacity of discernment. So far, you are certainly making an impression.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
that is the KJV, The version that has been around for 350 years, and the only version the English Language had for most of that time. It was preceded by and contemporary to the Geneva (1599) which has it translated this way....
And it is no coincidence that corruption of the text was in line with the trinity doctrine that only became accepted officially into “the church” in the 4th century and through much controversy. It is an invention of the RCC, along with many other additions that crept in over time.
So fast forward to 1611 and the foretold apostasy in Christendom had already sealed the errors that would be contained in the KJV. Trinitarian bias is seen everywhere.

The Bible had been withheld from the people by the church for centuries, which claimed its role as Christ’s representatives on earth, but who added so many extra-biblical beliefs to their litany of errors, that the people had no way to question any of it......until some brave souls, who risked their lives to do so, sought to have God’s word translated into their own language, and made available to the common people. Only then could they see that so many of the church’s teachings were additions to what Christ taught...the trinity...immortality of the soul.....and hellfire to name a few. These erroneous doctrines form the very foundation of Christendom's belief system......but these are not Christian teachings.

Both of which are based on the Textus Receptus which has been used by the church for 2000 years.

The Modern translations have been infiltrated by the Alexandrian Gnostic texts thus they are the ones who have been corrupted.
Not only are there thousands of manuscripts to compare but discoveries of older Bible manuscripts during past decades take the Greek text back as far as about the year 125 C.E., just a couple of decades short of the death of the apostle John about 100 C.E. These manuscript evidences provide strong assurance that we now have a dependable Greek text in refined form.
The evaluation that the former director and librarian of the British Museum, Sir Frederic Kenyon, is as follows:
“The interval then between the dates of original composition and the earliest extant evidence becomes so small as to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Scriptures have come down to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Both the authenticity and the general integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established."

It is the work of the textual refiners to rectify details, and this they have done to a large degree. For this reason, the Westcott and Hort refined Greek text is generally accepted as one of high excellence.

Just like Acts 20:28 that speaks of the blood of God which has purchased us (Theos)
God has blood? Lousy translation again.....
Acts 20:28 RSV...
"Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God which he obtained with the blood of his own Son."

Mounce Interlinear...
"Watch prosechō out for yourselves heautou and kai for all pas the ho flock poimnion in en which hos the ho Holy hagios Spirit pneuma · ho has placed tithēmi you hymeis overseers episkopos, to shepherd poimainō the ho church ekklēsia of ho God theos, which hos he purchased peripoieō with dia the ho blood haima of ho his own idios Son."

God was never a man.God never needed to be a man.

"Before Abraham was, I Am." I Am is the very name of Jehovah as given to Moses, the reaction of the Jews shows that this was to them a blasphemous statement, not just "bad grammar" on Jesus Part.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.(John 8:58-59)
There is no correlation between John 8:58 and Exodus 3:15....which, from the Jewish Tanakh reads...

"13 And Moses said to God, "Behold I come to the children of Israel, and I say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" יגוַיֹּ֨אמֶר משֶׁ֜ה אֶל־הָֽאֱלֹהִ֗ים הִנֵּ֨ה אָֽנֹכִ֣י בָא֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ וְאָֽמַרְתִּ֣י לָהֶ֔ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י אֲבֽוֹתֵיכֶ֖ם שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם וְאָֽמְרוּ־לִ֣י מַה־שְּׁמ֔וֹ מָ֥ה אֹמַ֖ר אֲלֵהֶֽם:
14 God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'" ידוַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם:
15 And God said further to Moses, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'The Lord God [יְהֹוָ֞ה] of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is how I should be mentioned in every generation. טווַיֹּ֩אמֶר֩ ע֨וֹד אֱלֹהִ֜ים אֶל־משֶׁ֗ה כֹּ֣ה תֹאמַר֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ יְהֹוָ֞ה אֱלֹהֵ֣י אֲבֹֽתֵיכֶ֗ם אֱלֹהֵ֨י אַבְרָהָ֜ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִצְחָ֛ק וֵֽאלֹהֵ֥י יַֽעֲקֹ֖ב שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם זֶה־שְּׁמִ֣י לְעֹלָ֔ם וְזֶ֥ה זִכְרִ֖י לְדֹ֥ר דֹּֽר:"

God's name was not a statement of his existence, (I AM) but a declaration of his intentions towards his chosen nation.....he would "BE" or "BECOME" whatever he needed to be in order to accomplish his will in connection with them.

In John 8:58, Jesus was answering a question about his age, where he answered that he was in existence before Abraham was even born. There is no "I AM". God's name is much more meaningful than that.

In Revelation That name of Jehovah is the phrase ho ōn kai ho ēn kai ho erchomenos Which is translated " was and Is and Is to come". It is used of Both Jesus and God Almighty in Revelation, Just Like the Use of Alpha and Omega (first and last) is used of Both Jesus and God almighty.
Yes those titles do apply to both.....but it doesn't make Jesus God, any more than the title "Lord" makes him God.

So as I said in an earlier comment here, either Jesus is usurping the the Glory of God, or he is God incarnate. The Phrase "was and is and is to come is exactly the same thing as the name given to Moses for Jehovah Having all three of those tenses of the word I Am (I am that I Am) in other words it is the Greek version of the name of God.
No sorry, Jesus can be a glorious spirit being without being God. Angels are glorious beings too......even satan was once a glorious creature, but ruined his magnificence with improper desires that became disobedient actions. (James 1:13-15) The Greek version for the name of God is "ho theos" (the God). Use of the definite article is the only way the Greeks could identify the one nameless God of the Jews.

When Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and My God" Jesus never corrected him, instead said blessed are they who believe (this confession) who have not seen (his resurrection) That is all of us who believe that Jesus is God Incarnate.
The shocked expression of a doubting Thomas does not make a doctrine. The word "theos" in Greek is not used exclusively for Jehovah....it is applied to "ho theos" and to anyone with his divine authority. Jesus indicated that judges in Israel were called "gods" by Jehovah himself. (John 10:31-36)

In Zechariah 12:10, Jehovah is speaking and refers to Himself as Him who they have pierced, When was God pierced?
The RSV renders that verse...
“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of compassion and supplication, so that, when they look on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a first-born."
Because the Jews never believed that their Messiah would be anything but human, they did not expect that God would become a man and offer his life for them. Nowhere does the Bible say that God became incarnate.....it says that "the Word became flesh". Jesus was the Word who was "with God" "in the beginning"....but the word was not Jehovah, who had no 'beginning' and was not 'beside himself'.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you assume the bible is incorrect?

Are you not aware that All false gods are nothing but demonic deception.

The bible is telling the truth when it says there is only one God

Yes it is satan posing as every false god on earth for worship, to mislead.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe you missed the Facts of true God worship history. I will share them with you.

From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelite religion, teach, serve and worship a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)
Thus when Jesus attended those places of worship, was taught, served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah, as was every bible writer. So what happened?
In the second century a man named Terrillion was considering God as a trinity. Why? Because a single being God was being taught and served still. At the first council of Nicea in 325, no trinity god was being taught or served.

The New Catholic encyclopedia-1967-Vol XIV- Page 299 states--- The formulation-one God in three persons- was not established, certainly not fully assimilated into christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. Among the apostolic fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.

It was made up at a later council. the trinity god does not exist. All being mislead into serving it are breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Not a wise place to be standing.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think up any scripture, it is there. GOD TOLD Moses, "tell them I Am sent me to you." (over 50 versions are translated that way - except NWT.
The name Jehovah was formed in the 16th century. FYI, the Son of God is YHWH, the great "I Am" or didn't you noticed all the "I am ... statements in John???
YHWH was
NOT pronounced by the Jews because they feared it would be mis-pronounced. So they used LORD. The hack Frederick Franz replaced LORD 7000 times with Jehovah. Some of our translations include it and it is accepted in the Old Testament. Nut Jesus himself never uttered the name Jehovah, nor did the Apostles. Doesn't rhat sound odd? He prayed to His Father and instructed us to pray to our Father - but never uttered any othe name. Do yourself a favor and examine the New Testament Greek Interliniary Bible and search for the name "Jehovah" -- it's not there!.
Lord is all through scripture and refers to Jesus. He was also called Emmanuel. Do yoi know what that means? Joshua too.
Yahweh would be more accurate if you had to create a name out of YHWH.
I am afraid there is an impenetrable wall between us. I see Jesus and worship for who He truely is. You see Him as Michael the archangel - which is why you degrade, dishonor and don't worship Him. Sad. You will wake up when you see Him with Michael at His side when He returns. I am afraid you will have missed out on the first resurrection though, which will happen at His Coming - not sure about that though. This is when the Jews will also wake up and see the LIGHT as well.

Fact is Ron, you didn't include verse 15 where God clearly gave Moses His name and further revealed it was His name eternally. You may have started out ignorant of this fact, but now that it has been discussed, you deliberately choose to ignore what He said. That is fine sir, you made the choice, I choose however to make His name Jehovah, the name He personally revealed to us His people through Moses even to the nations, known sir, just as my mentor Jesus did Jn 17:26. End of discussion.

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we are through. YOu deny Scripture openly and willingly. You accept the word of men over the word of God. Have the last post if you wish, but I am done with you and your unwillingness to accept the Word of God.

God's word is truth Ron, neither you nor I can refute that.

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was born in the flesh, and died in it sir. He returned to heaven as he was previously, although he was exalted to the number 2 position, granted sitting at Jehovah's right hand. Fact! Or fiction?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about this verse? Isaiah 44:6
Isaiah 44 - Hebrew English Translation Massoretic Text MT Interlinear Holy Name King James Version KJV Strong's Concordance Online Parallel Bible Study

Looks to me like this verse calls Jesus Yahweh

Who said , " I am the first and the last?" Jesus.
Rev 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

How about this verse in the OT-- YHWH said to my lord( Jesus) --Your bible has the LORD said to my lord--Every spot in the NT where-GOD or LORD all capitols is, the name YHWH belongs. Wicked men removed it and replaced it with those titles. they had no right. The New world translation translators had enough love for God and put it back, the ones lacking that love for God, condemned them for it. Clearly showing who is who.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Calling Jesus Yahwe in Isa 44:6 That's the whole point. The Hebrew that I posted says this.

So He is not a god. He is the GOD.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it is no coincidence that corruption of the text was in line with the trinity doctrine that only became accepted officially into “the church” in the 4th century and through much controversy. It is an invention of the RCC, along with many other additions that crept in over time.
So fast forward to 1611 and the foretold apostasy in Christendom had already sealed the errors that would be contained in the KJV. Trinitarian bias is seen everywhere.

The Bible had been withheld from the people by the church for centuries, which claimed its role as Christ’s representatives on earth, but who added so many extra-biblical beliefs to their litany of errors, that the people had no way to question any of it......until some brave souls, who risked their lives to do so, sought to have God’s word translated into their own language, and made available to the common people. Only then could they see that so many of the church’s teachings were additions to what Christ taught...the trinity...immortality of the soul.....and hellfire to name a few. These erroneous doctrines form the very foundation of Christendom's belief system......but these are not Christian teachings.

So all those People who died as Christians throughout the centuries died as heretics because the bibles they had been erroneous?
All those people who had the unction of the Holy Spirit throughout the centuries were led astray by the Holy Spirit?

You see the Holy Spirit is the protector of the Word of God through the unction He gives, and any true Christian will have the deity of Christ revealed to them by HIM, not by man's intellect.

It is the RSV that adds the word "Son" to Acts 20:28, none of the other Major versions have this.... Not the NASB, ESV, NIV.... It is you who are resting on the biased text.... (The RSV was translated by non-trinitarians) Hort and Wescott based their translations off of three manuscripts Vaticanus and Sinaiaticus and the gnostic Alexandrian texts.... Sinaiaticus has since been shown to be a forgery, the Alexandrian texts gnostic, and Vaticanus a version full of holes. Hort and wescot were humanists and put their humanist slant to their translations.

But again, the Holy Spirit is the protector of the Word of God, not human reason. The Holy Spirit testifies of who Jesus is to the believer. Without the Holy Spirit's teaching the word of God is a Book that can be translated as you please.

All the KJVonly stuff, and the Hort and Wescott controversy dies when the Holy Spirit is the teacher as he is the Spirit of Truth.

God was never a man.God never needed to be a man.
God the Father was never a man, God the Son became a man (Philippians 2:5-11)

There is no correlation between John 8:58 and Exodus 3:15....which, from the Jewish Tanakh reads...

False. The Name given in Exodus is the three tenses of the verb "To Be". I was, I Am, I will be.... it is exactly the same as the phrase used in revelation (Was and Is and is to come) and the very same thing Jesus spoke in John 8:58

The Hebrew Name for God - YHVH (hebrew4christians.com)

Yes those titles do apply to both.....but it doesn't make Jesus God, any more than the title "Lord" makes him God.

If You go to the above link that lists some of the names of God you will see that Jesus applied them to himself over and over again throughout his life (The I ams of the Gospel of John). It is the sheer volume of these claims that leads me to conclude He is God incarnate.

I Corinthians 12:3 states: Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

If Lord is just a title that applies to Jesus, why then is it that we need the Holy Ghost to to lead us to proclaim Jesus is the Lord? Do you see what I am saying here? Anyone can say Jesus was a master (lord with a small L) But we cannot say Jesus is THE LORD without the unction and teaching of the Holy Ghost. There is more to the LORDSHIP of Christ than the carnal mind can comprehend.

No sorry, Jesus can be a glorious spirit being without being God. Angels are glorious beings too......even satan was once a glorious creature, but ruined his magnificence with improper desires that became disobedient actions. (James 1:13-15) The Greek version for the name of God is "ho theos" (the God). Use of the definite article is the only way the Greeks could identify the one nameless God of the Jews.

Jesus was not merely a glorious being like Lucifer, He was and is and is to come the only Begotten Son of God. He is God the Son. Before he manifest in the flesh as Jesus he was with God and fully God (Philippians 2:5-11) All things were created by Him (John 1:3) including the angels and Lucifer who are also created beings. Jesus is not merely a brother of Lucifer.

The RSV renders that verse...
“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of compassion and supplication, so that, when they look on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a first-born."
Because the Jews never believed that their Messiah would be anything but human, they did not expect that God would become a man and offer his life for them. Nowhere does the Bible say that God became incarnate.....it says that "the Word became flesh". Jesus was the Word who was "with God" "in the beginning"....but the word was not Jehovah, who had no 'beginning' and was not 'beside himself'.

Again, the RSV is wrong here. And we have since the RSV was translated have a corroborating witness to testify as to how wrong and biased the RSV translators were because since then we have had the discovery of the dead sea scrolls. They confirm the KJV translators on this verse. Here is the link:

Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls - Zechariah 12 (dssenglishbible.com)

Zechariah 12 from Scroll 4Q80 Minor Prophetse

7 Yahweh also will save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of David’s house and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem not be magnified above Judah. 8 In that day Yahweh will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem. He who is feeble among them at that day will be like David, and David’s house will be like God, like Yahweh’s angel before them. 9 It will happen in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 I will pour on David’s house, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they will look to me whom they have pierced; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and will grieve bitterly for him, as one grieves for his firstborn. 11 In that day there will be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12 The land will mourn, every family apart; the family of David’s house apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

Conclusion:
It is the Holy Ghost who reveals to us the Deity of Christ, that is why this is a test of the Spirits for who is and who is not a true believer in Jesus Christ. This is not a semantic argument or one of who's text is the right text, but a Spiritual discernment all who are sealed with the Holy Ghost are given. If you do not have the Holy Spirit confirming this, you have not been sealed by the Spirit as this is the very essence of the sealing. Which in turn means you do not have the Son.... In other words, you are believing in a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Word of God.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. (1 John 5:12)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is Ron, you didn't include verse 15 where God clearly gave Moses His name and further revealed it was His name eternally. You may have started out ignorant of this fact, but now that it has been discussed, you deliberately choose to ignore what He said. That is fine sir, you made the choice, I choose however to make His name Jehovah, the name He personally revealed to us His people through Moses even to the nations, known sir, just as my mentor Jesus did Jn 17:26. End of discussion.
Ignorant of the facts? How about this:
"The Hebrew name יהושע (yehoshu'a, Strong's #3091) is the combination of יהו (yeho), a short form of the name יהוה (YHWH, Strong's #3068), and the verb ישע (Y.Sh.Ah, Strong's #3467), which means "to save." The name יהושע (yehoshu'a, Strong's #3091) means "YHWH saves." Jeff Brenner

When you make it to the Pearly Gates and the angels welcome you and ask if you had any special requests before your meeting with Jesus and your welcome tour of heaven, I wouldn't be surprised if you asked to see Jehovah. Don't be surprised if they say, "I'm sorry, there is no one here by that name ... The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are here though! Before you meet Jesus and Michael too, we would like you to have this very special gift to wear around your neck for all eternity, a cross - to remind you! And you will have things to do up here! Everyone has unique and special talents and you will be able to perfect yours and share it with everyone - in addition to worshipping God!

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said , " I am the first and the last?"

You know this has been thoroughly answered already regarding agency. The prophets Isaiah and Jesus said these words before Revelation and God said it in Revelation. Prophets speak the words of God. It does not make them God.

If you read Rev 1:1, you will find the resurrected Jesus, having already been given all authority in heaven and Earth, is STILL not God bur rather was given a revelation by God - in his unitarian nature.

1 This is what God showed to Jesus Christ, so that he could tell his servants what must happen soon.
Revelation 1:1
Contemporary English Version

Status
Not open for further replies.