Jerusalem Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know who the Two witnesses are, but can't recieve it because your mind is too full of religious preconcieved ideas.
John the Baptist and Jesus ARE the Two witnesse
A full glass of milk (error) cannot be filled with clear water (truth), until the milk is DISPLACED by the clear water.
Your claim of John and Jesus is "Error"

The (Two Witnesses) are "Future" that will bring literal plagues upon a literal world, a complete replicated remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Revelation 11:3-6KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Future Literal Plagues, Upon A Literal World

Revelation 16:1-11KJV
1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody has claimed to know who the (Two Witnesses) will be as you suggest, as you move in distraction from my claim

The presentation has been around Revelation 11 and the function these two witnesses will play

As scripture "Clearly" teaches they will bring all plagues upon the earth, as often as they will, a complete remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt, something you remain silent on, as if these two witnesses and future plagues upon the wicked world are non-existent "Why"?
OH its coming all right .

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
So, these "two anointed ones" of Zechariah 4:14, are they the same as that of what you claim, in that they are still to come, as shown in Revelation 11?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, these "two anointed ones" of Zechariah 4:14, are they the same as that of what you claim, in that they are still to come, as shown in Revelation 11?
Zechariah 4:12KJV
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

Revelation 5:8KJV
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 16:1KJV
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Revelation 11:6KJV
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Revelation 11:6KJV
Zechariah 4:12KJV
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Isn't "oil" symbolic of the Holy spirit within a person? Not to mention the fact that "oil" was used to "anoint" one's head with oil for those who were sick and needed healing.

In the parable of the Ten Virgins, the Five Wise had "extra oil" with them.
[4] But the wise took OIL IN THEIR VESSELS, with their lamps.
Psalm 119:105, 2 Corinthians 4:7, Romans 8:9.

Now lets look at the word "anoint", as to how Jesus applied to Himself (as well as JtB, because he also was with the Holy Spirit upon his birth). Luke 4:18, Luke 7:46.

And what did the apostles say about Jesus' anointing? Acts 10:38, Hebrews 1:9?

I earnestly believe that JtB and Jesus were the "Two anointed ones".

Did they not come before the great and terrible day of God's wrath?
Yes, they did!

Weren't they anointed by God's Holy Spirit at birth? Most definitely.

Didn't they empty out of themselves the golden
"oil"/the Holy Spirit? Zechariah 4:12
Absolutely!

Reactions: Waiting on him

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't "oil" symbolic of the Holy spirit within a person? Not to mention the fact that "oil" was used to "anoint" one's head with oil for those who were sick and needed healing.

In the parable of the Ten Virgins, the Five Wise had "extra oil" with them.
[4] But the wise took OIL IN THEIR VESSELS, with their lamps.
Psalm 119:105, 2 Corinthians 4:7, Romans 8:9.

Now lets look at the word "anoint", as to how Jesus applied to Himself (as well as JtB, because he also was with the Holy Spirit upon his birth). Luke 4:18, Luke 7:46.

And what did the apostles say about Jesus' anointing? Acts 10:38, Hebrews 1:9?

I earnestly believe that JtB and Jesus were the "Two anointed ones".

Did they not come before the great and terrible day of God's wrath?
Yes, they did!

Weren't they anointed by God's Holy Spirit at birth? Most definitely.

Didn't they empty out of themselves the golden
"oil"/the Holy Spirit? Zechariah 4:12
Absolutely!
They pour out of themselves the golden oil from the altar, in the golden vials oil/odours which are the prayers of the saints in "Judgement"

The golden vials are the plagues seen in Revelation chapter 16, which are poured out of the (Two Witnesses)

And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and
pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Revelation 16:5-7KJV
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They pour out of themselves the golden oil from the altar, in the golden vials oil/odours which are the prayers of the saints in "Judgement"

The golden vials are the plagues seen in Revelation chapter 16, which are poured out of the (Two Witnesses)

And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and
pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Revelation 16:5-7KJV
Are the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 going to be greater prophets than John and Jesus? Are they going to be more anointed than them. What I mean is, will they have the Holy Spirit at birth?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 going to be greater prophets than John and Jesus? Are they going to be more anointed than them. What I mean is, will they have the Holy Spirit at birth?
You have presented your claim of John/Jesus like four times, the horse is dead, I disagree

My observance of your eschatology over the past week or two finds it inconsistent with the scripture, fringe would be a nice word to use

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, Judaism in Zionim is the foundation of the Millennium and its teaching, (The Golden Age) where ethnic Jews rule in a future earth for 1,000 years

It's not only the Jewish book of the occult in the Kabbalah, but also the filth found within the Talmud that Judaism is involved with, 99.5% of society dosent have a clue (Evil)
It has been blamed on many people. Amillennialism is also a man made private interpretation of God's Word.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have presented your claim of John/Jesus like four times, the horse is dead, I disagree

My observance of your eschatology over the past week or two finds it inconsistent with the scripture, fringe would be a nice word to use

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord
When you can show that the Two Witnesses in Rev. 11 will be anointed with the Holy Spirit at birth, as was JtB and Jesus, according to Zechariah 4:14, then I may reconsider that your view of it might be correct. But, until then, all that I see from your eschatology is fabrications running slightly askew from the regurgitations of popular church-ianity.

Yes! we are at an impass, and most likely in the future, it will be more often than not, because I shall not ever accept the Pre-millennial literal view.
1 Cor. 2[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
[15] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
[16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Isaiah 55:8-9, Zechariah 4:6, John 16:13.

May God Bless you in your sincere study of His Word, worshipping Him always in Spirit and in Truth.
Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been blamed on many people. Amillennialism is also a man made private interpretation of God's Word.
You also might want to think about studying the following a little more thoroughly:
Isaiah 55:8-9
Zechariah 4:6
John 16:13
1 Corinthians 2:12-16

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call That Below Whatever You Want

The bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ returns in the heavens at his second coming, this will be in final judgement,as the resurrection of all takes place, as the righteous are caught up, the glorified bodies received, as the heavens and earth are "Dissolved" by the Lords fire in judgement

The wicked are judged to the lake of fire

The righteous enter the eternal kingdom in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem

All In The Twinkling Of An Eye!

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ returns in the heavens at his second coming, this will be in final judgement,as the resurrection of all takes place, as the righteous are caught up, the glorified bodies received, as the heavens and earth are "Dissolved" by the Lords fire in judgement

Its good that we can at least agree on the simplicity of His Truth about His Glorious return.
Thanks!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also might want to think about studying the following a little more thoroughly:
Isaiah 55:8-9
Zechariah 4:6
John 16:13
1 Corinthians 2:12-16
Then you do not have to change a single thing about Revelation, and it is not so symbolic as to be beyond literal understanding. Denying God's Word is the same as denying the Holy Spirit.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are changing Revelation to fit your theology. You also deny the last day resurrection of the Cross. Every last day of a prophecy is not the end of existence.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are changing Revelation to fit your theology. You also deny the last day resurrection of the Cross. Every last day of a prophecy is not the end of existence.
Your claim is "false", the (Last Day) resurrection is seen below,(The End)

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits;
afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

The Levitical High Priest & Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes, The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven hilled city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

You could be right... But you also could be wrong...
Interpreting revelation is difficult to say the least

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read revelation concerning the great whore you’ll see she sits on the beast. If you’ll come to understand the beast and what is represents then you will know the great whore. For she sits on the beast. Human reasoning has always misunderstood the things of God. A person must see it through the eyes of the HS.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All worldly ways, false religions, mysticism, false philosophies and paganism originated in Babylon. They were proud and arrogant and wanted to to build a tower to the heavens and be like God. This is why God confused their language and they were scattered and their ways a d beliefs were scattered throufhout the entire world. T Jerusalem and Rome were labeled Babylon back then because they were infected with this evil.
Now all cities are infected with the pride of life, lust of the flesh, false religions, philosophies, blatant rebelioussness against God.
I recently watched an eye opening video characterizing NYC as Babylon. Certainly, as a hub of the United Nations, materialism to the hilt, liberalism ... I think they even tried to suggest that the Statue of Liberty was a monument to the whore.
The whore sits on many waters, many nations. The entire world is corrupt and will be judged, not just one city. The world system is Babylon.
If it was one city, I would have to pick the richest city in the richest nation.This verse tells different - it is not one city.
" Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages." Rev. 17:15

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All worldly ways, false religions, mysticism, false philosophies and paganism originated in Babylon. They were proud and arrogant and wanted to to build a tower to the heavens and be like God. This is why God confused their language and they were scattered and their ways a d beliefs were scattered throufhout the entire world. T Jerusalem and Rome were labeled Babylon back then because they were infected with this evil.
Now all cities are infected with the pride of life, lust of the flesh, false religions, philosophies, blatant rebelioussness against God.
I recently watched an eye opening video characterizing NYC as Babylon. Certainly, as a hub of the United Nations, materialism to the hilt, liberalism ... I think they even tried to suggest that the Statue of Liberty was a monument to the whore.
The whore sits on many waters, many nations. The entire world is corrupt and will be judged, not just one city. The world system is Babylon.
If it was one city, I would have to pick the richest city in the richest nation.This verse tells different - it is not one city.
" Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages." Rev. 17:15
Through the Mind of Christ within you, and not your "natural" mind of yourself, do try to recieve the Lord's guidance ONLY of John 16:13.

In all of the NT scriptures, there are only two symbolic women called "mothers".
1. One mother is earthly Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. She is fallen.
2. The other "mother" is heavenly Jerusalem that is above, and is without bondage with her children, being the mother of us all (who are of faith in Christ).
She is free.
Galatians 4:21-26

So then, since Mystery, Babylon the Great is THE Mother OF harlots,
you now must ask yourself, of the two mothers which "mother" is it?
The answer is clear:
Jerusalem which now is.

There are no other biblical NT "mothers" to choose from, unless of course you want to dwell in fabricated fiction.