Jerusalem Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will be brief and to the point, albeit opposed to popular misunderstanding.
Mat.24:15. In parallel, Jesus applied the AoD prophecy of Daniel, which WAS previously fulfilled, to Himself, being that of "the temple of His body". John 2:19-22

Mat. 24:15. In the KJV, there is no "THE" Great Tribulation" of exactly 3.5 yrs. or 7.0 years. That foul misunderstanding is due to a misalligned false belief about the 70th week. However, for the past 2000+/- years, "multitudes" of Christians have and do go through times "OF great tribulation", and suffer persecution/martyrdom, which shall culminate in those who "should be killed" for refusing the MoB. Revelation 6:11, 7:9-14 and 13:15.
You take somewhat that of the reformed eschatology approach (Historicism), with historical prolonged tribulations over the past 2,000 years to explain Matthew 24:21 below?

It appears your claim is in error, as the scripture states the time of trouble will be the worst ever seen, and nothing greater will follow after it "No, Nor Ever Shall Be"

World War II saw 70 million casualties, it clearly appears this is future, and will be worse than the likes of World War II

Matthew 24:21KJV
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Daniel has a parallel teaching of the same event in tribulation, and he puts it at the end, at the time of the resurrection and final judgement "Future"

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take somewhat that of the reformed eschatology approach (Historicism), with historical prolonged tribulations over the past 2,000 years to explain Matthew 24:21 below?

It appears your claim is in error, as the scripture states the time of trouble will be the worst ever seen, and nothing greater will follow after it "No, Nor Ever Shall Be"

World War II saw 70 million casualties, it clearly appears this is future, and will be worse than the likes of World War II

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Daniel has a parallel teaching of the same event in tribulation, and he puts it at the end, at the time of the resurrection and final judgement "Future"

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Jesus was addressing the disciples privately as scripture states. He clearly tells them when you see.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is always concerned and cares for His people. As a result, He speaks of the past, present and future from that perspective.
If you recall, when Paul was accused by Christ of persecuting Christ Himself, you need to realize that Christ Himself was within them, who were literally being persecuted and suffering through the tribulation of it.

So then, in the culmination of Christian persecution and martyrdom, when Christians on a GLOBAL scale "should be killed", for not taking the MoB, that will be the time of "No, Nor Ever Shall Be".

Again, see the prophecy about it in Revelation 6[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain [killed] for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
[10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
[11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ Note: the saints "under the altar" (of sacrifice) are the Saints of the OT covenant.
Though now asleep in Jesus, having recieved the Gift of God's Holy Spirit (white robes) on Pentecost, they are STILL waiting for their spilled blood to be avenged by God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is always concerned and cares for His people. As a result, He speaks of the past, present and future from that perspective.
If you recall, when Paul was accused by Christ of persecuting Christ Himself, you need to realize that Christ Himself was within them, who were literally being persecuted and suffering through the tribulation of it.

So then, in the culmination of Christian persecution and martyrdom, when Christians on a GLOBAL scale "should be killed", for not taking the MoB, that will be the time of "No, Nor Ever Shall Be".

Again, see the prophecy about it in Revelation 6[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain [killed] for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
[10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
[11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
That was a fairly long response, and it disproved absolutely nothing regarding my claims and the scripture presented in Matthew 24:21 & Daniel 12:1-3 below

The great world tribulation will be seen in Gods judgement upon the wicked world, through plagues brought by the (Two Witnesses) not the Antichrist as you claim

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a fairly long response, and it disproved absolutely nothing regarding my claims and the scripture presented in Matthew 24:21 & Daniel 12:1-3 below

I will say this much on your view of things:
At present, the entire world has been under the prophetic sign and fulfillment of the "scorpion sting", via the very first global edict of the Image of the Beast (the UN).

What is coming next, is the loosing of the four angels* that are bound in the Euphrates River, whereby 1/3 of men will be killed off IN ONE DAY!

The words used in Revelation 9:15 describe a specific DATE!
[15] And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year,
for to slay [kill off] the third part of men.
Is that 33% of the people in that area, or is it 33% of the global population? I am believing that it will be the Euphrates River region. It will be at that time, that the MoB will be manifested and implemented on a global scale.
All who refuse to be in compliance (worship), will be under the threat of certain death and elimination.

*Note: the use of the word "angels" may be symbolic of the four countries which do border the Euphrates. They are:
Turkey
Syria
Iraq
Iran

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say this much on your view of things:
At present, the entire world has been under the prophetic sign and fulfillment of the "scorpion sting", via the very first global edict of the Image of the Beast (the UN).

What is coming next, is the loosing of the four angels* that are bound in the Euphrates River, whereby 1/3 of men will be killed off IN ONE DAY!

The words used in Revelation 9:15 describe a specific DATE!
[15] And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year,
for to slay [kill off] the third part of men.
Is that 33% of the people in that area, or is it 33% of the global population? I am believing that it will be the Euphrates River region. It will be at that time, that the MoB will be manifested and implemented on a global scale.
All who refuse to be in compliance (worship), will be under the threat of certain death and elimination.

*Note: the use of the word "angels" may be symbolic of the four countries which do border the Euphrates. They are:
Turkey
Syria
Iraq
Iran
I Disagree, your claims would make a good Sci-Fi trailer for the Left Behind series

The (Two Witnesses) will be in control, the fireworks don't start until the Antichrist is revealed in Jerusalem, then Gods plagues in judgement, its gonna be a long 3.5 years of torment and pain for those that receive the mark and worship the image, the (Two Witnesses) are Gods soldiers, and his judgement is coming

P.S. the mark of the beast and his image worship will be wilfully accepted, not forced as many claim, the world will accept it by "deception" from the false prophet in miracles, "Deception" not "Force"

Revelation 13:13-14KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Matthew 24:23-24KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw Truth7x7, you keep on trying to cast me into some sort of "ism" .

I have informed you earlier, that I don't march to the popular "religious drum beat". I take my instruction and guidance strictly by the word of God, being guided by The Word of God only. John 16:13

"Church-ianity" may be popular, but "Christ-ianity" IS NOT!"

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Disagree, your claims would make a good Sci-Fi trailer for the Left Behind series
You can disagree with me all you want!
The evidence is unfolding before all of us right now, beginning with the "scorpion sting". KJV Revelation 9:3-10.

Btw, did you know that the very first "sting"
took place in the US on December 14, 2020, and then on May 14, 2021, the US (false prophet) began its release of mandatory masking within it's "two horns" (forms of government).
Do the math, and you will come to "Five months"
KJV Revelation 9:3-10.

So, what's literally next on the agenda in Revelation? Oh yes, its about those "four angels".

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bride lives in the city. It’s prepared AS a bride, it doesn’t say it IS the bride.

Because God puts the names of the apostles and tribes of Israel into the city, doesn’t mean the city itself is a metaphor.

The descriptions of it are far too detailed to be symbolic.

Symbols aren’t 1500 miles high, wide, and long, symbols don’t have walls of a specific and numbered thickness. Symbols don’t have the nations of the world coming into the gates to worship. Symbols don’t have 12 gates made of pearl.

Jesus said He went to prepare A PLACE for us to dwell, that has many rooms in it.

A metaphor is vague: a farmer planted a crop in his field.

A farmer named Fred, 5 feet 10 inches tall and 170 lbs, planting soybeans on 100 acres using a John Deer tractor and 7 bottom plow, is literal, not symbolic.
Di

Did you read verse 9-10?

Rev 3:12
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name

Jesus uses the same type of metaphor above did you notice that He makes them pillars in the temple? Obviously they don't actually become a literal pillar

Its the same with us being called a church its symbolic for the dwelling place of God who is within us

The obvious way to interpret the Bible is to take it literally when it makes the best sense, and symbolically when that makes the most sense.

The description of the city is far too detailed to be symbolic, and obviously we won’t turn into literal pillars. Easy to figure out.

A farmer planted seeds in a field - metaphor
Farmer Sam Jones planted soybeans in the bottom forty acres with his new John Deer tractor - literal

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The (Two Witnesses) will be in control, the fireworks don't start until the Antichrist is revealed in Jerusalem, then Gods plagues in judgement, its gonna be a long 3.5 years of torment and pain for those that receive the mark and worship the image, the (Two Witnesses) are Gods soldiers, and his judgement is coming
Speaking of "left behind", you are falling way "behind". Preconcieved ideas and false doctrines of "men's minds" will do that to you everytime.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat. 24:15. In the KJV, there is no "THE" Great Tribulation" of exactly 3.5 yrs. or 7.0 years. That foul misunderstanding is due to a misalligned false belief about the 70th week

The fact of there being a general tribulation for 3.5 years followed by great tribulation is because the beast is only given power to give the mark of the beast and demand worship for 42 months, says scripture - and it’s obvious the mark wouldn’t be given at the start of the tribulation, then stop for the last half.

There are many and obvious demarcations at the mid-trib point - the son of perdition steps into the Jewish third temple, claims to be God and commits the abomination of desolation at the middle of the 70th week, Jesus warns that those in Judea need to flee when the abomination of desolation occurs, which they do in Revelation 12 for 3.5 years, and the mark of the beast is given for the last 3.5 years.

Jesus describes the great tribulation in Luke 21, then immediately after says to pray we be found worthy TO ESCAPE all those things that will happen, in Luke 21:36.

I interpret that as being mid trib and great tribulation - but it has to mean either mid trib, or pre trib - Post trib or no trib isn’t a reasonable interpretation of eschatology.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can disagree with me all you want!
The evidence is unfolding before all of us right now, beginning with the "scorpion sting". KJV Revelation 9:3-10.

Btw, did you know that the very first "sting"
took place in the US on December 14, 2020, and then on May 14, 2021, the US (false prophet) began its release of mandatory masking within it's "two horns" (forms of government).
Do the math, and you will come to "Five months"
KJV Revelation 9:3-10.

So, what's literally next on the agenda in Revelation? Oh yes, its about those "four angels".
Sci-Fi Left Behind Episode 13

It all starts when the Antichrist is revealed in Jerusalem, proclaiming to be Messiah to the Jews, and world

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A mansion is a dwelling place of great price to the owner. More often than not it is clean and decorated with ornate wood and fine garnishings.
Please compare the following parable, and tell what the story and ramifications are all about:
KJV Mat.12[43] When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
[44] Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
[45] Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

You have to explain how demons possessing a man’s body, with the house with many rooms that the redeemed will live in, are connected.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact of there being a general tribulation for 3.5 years followed by great tribulation is because the beast is only given power to give the mark of the beast and demand worship for 42 months, says scripture - and it’s obvious the mark wouldn’t be given at the start of the tribulation, then stop for the last half.

There are many and obvious demarcations at the mid-trib point - the son of perdition steps into the Jewish third temple, claims to be God and commits the abomination of desolation at the middle of the 70th week, Jesus warns that those in Judea need to flee when the abomination of desolation occurs, which they do in Revelation 12 for 3.5 years, and the mark of the beast is given for the last 3.5 years.

Jesus describes the great tribulation in Luke 21, then immediately after says to pray we be found worthy TO ESCAPE all those things that will happen, in Luke 21:36.

I interpret that as being mid trib and great tribulation - but it has to mean either mid trib, or pre trib - Post trib or no trib isn’t a reasonable interpretation of eschatology.
REV 11:3 The 1260 days of the (Two Witnesses), and the 42 months of (The Beast) Rev 13:5 are parallel time frames of 3.5 years, not different periods totaling 7 years

As is clearly shown below, the two witnesses will be on earth until the final days of earth's existence as seen below, as the Final Judgement" takes place in verse 18 shortly after they are raised to heaven

Revelation 11:3-18KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterism is the claim all end time prophecy has been fulfilled, somehow without anyone noticing the end ending.
Have a closer look at all the personal pronouns in Matthew 24, if you can.
Matthew 24:3 KJV
[3] And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Curtis for many the world has ended and a new one began, it’s foundation was laid 2k plus years past on a hill.

Hebrews 11:3 KJV
[3] Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

Yes, the Word, the invisible GOD, - the Word is GOD, even He who rules the two Covenants by millenniums - , the Word is in control of history, nothing random happens.

The plagues are writting in the Scriptures as they are known of all peoples, and the plagues are already running in the Devil's world as a whole, actually there will be SEVERE, STRONG, punishments against the wicked NATIONS, only and only punishments, even against the esoteric and idolater great city called Sodom and Egypt, where our LORD was crucified.

In fact, the Word, the invisible GOD, in pre-determined time He executes what He said since ancient times, whose times our GOD Father has put in His own Power. What the Word -GOD- will do in this new millennium or century 21th, He would never do in the past century or past millennium,

The people MUST be careful with the Word of GOD, the time is not the same of the past millennium or 20th century. GOD doesn't do anything either before or after, He has His exact moment to do what He wants, and He's let us know about it.