Jerusalem Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Revelation 1:1 KJV
[1] The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
He must have had no idea, when people would read this 2k plus years later they’d still be to spiritually blind to understand.

Revelation 22:v.10-12

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:
for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

14 Without
(of GOD's Kingdom) are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:v.10-12

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:
for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

14 Without
(of GOD's Kingdom) are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
I’m surprised God didn’t mention parrots in this list.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! Heavenly Jerusalem!!

So, are you thinking that when Jesus ascended 2,021 years ago, He has been in Heaven constructing a huge literal building of literal gems and stones of "jewels"* for us to live in, on this then burned out planet (a LoF), whereby even all the graves are burned up also?

No, I don't think so! We each ourselves are His jewels/mansions, that He is placing in His Father's "spiritual house", of which is that of God Himself, who " is a Spirit".

Malachi 3:17, John 14:2 Revelation 21:19,
1 Peter 2:4-5

You need to learn how to interpret the Bible. Metaphors are vague. The description of the new Jerusalem city is far too detailed and too specific to possibly be a metaphor.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have copied your own quote back to you, so that you may digest by His Spirit, aka the mind of Christ, that which is revealed in me, of what I have recently stated.
Who did you think the great multitude are?
They are all the resurrected Saints who had died in faith of Christ, throughout the generations. They themselves are Heavenly Jerusalem, who God brings with Him, when He is visibly revealed from Heaven, in flaming fire. We, who are alive and remain on that day, shall be changed, and shall rise TO MEET Him and them IN THE AIR, and so shall we EVER BE WITH the Lord.

Amen

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to learn how to interpret the Bible. Metaphors are vague. The description of the new Jerusalem city is far too detailed and too specific to possibly be a metaphor.

Really?

The 12 apostles are the 12 foundations of the church just like their names are on the 12 foundations on the the New Jerusalem

The 12 tribes are named on the 12 gates

The walls are 144 cubics thick why 144? 12 apostles x 12 tribes = 144

The streets are gold which stands for the purity of the church

The Father and the Lamb are the temple

The glory of the Father is the light and the Lamb is the lamp

The description if full of symbolism

We clearly see hat the new Jerusalem is the church the bride of the Lamb below

Rev 21:2 & 9-10

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Reactions: Earburner

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

The 12 apostles are the 12 foundations of the church just like their names are on the 12 foundations on the the New Jerusalem

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

The bride lives in the city. It’s prepared AS a bride, it doesn’t say it IS the bride.

Because God puts the names of the apostles and tribes of Israel into the city, doesn’t mean the city itself is a metaphor.

The descriptions of it are far too detailed to be symbolic.

Symbols aren’t 1500 miles high, wide, and long, symbols don’t have walls of a specific and numbered thickness. Symbols don’t have the nations of the world coming into the gates to worship. Symbols don’t have 12 gates made of pearl.

Jesus said He went to prepare A PLACE for us to dwell, that has many rooms in it.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Di
The bride lives in the city. It’s prepared AS a bride, it doesn’t say it IS the bride.

Because God puts the names of the apostles and tribes of Israel into the city, doesn’t mean the city itself is a metaphor.

The descriptions of it are far too detailed to be symbolic.

Symbols aren’t 1500 miles high, wide, and long, symbols don’t have walls of a specific and numbered thickness. Symbols don’t have the nations of the world coming into the gates to worship. Symbols don’t have 12 gates made of pearl.

Jesus said He went to prepare A PLACE for us to dwell, that has many rooms in it.

Did you read verse 9-10?

Rev 3:12
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name

Jesus uses the same type of metaphor above did you notice that He makes them pillars in the temple? Obviously they don't actually become a literal pillar

Its the same with us being called a church its symbolic for the dwelling place of God who is within us

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said He went to prepare A PLACE for us to dwell, that has many rooms in it
A mansion is a dwelling place of great price to the owner. More often than not it is clean and decorated with ornate wood and fine garnishings.
Please compare the following parable, and tell what the story and ramifications are all about:
KJV Mat.12[43] When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
[44] Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
[45] Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:1 KJV
[1] The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
He must have had no idea, when people would read this 2k plus years later they’d still be to spiritually blind to understand.
Yes the book of Revelation contains "Future" events unfulfilled, "Preterism" is a lie

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

JtB said he saw the bridegroom with the bride, and heard the bridegroom speak.

are you the bride, or a child of God?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you like playing the label game. Is there an ism for parroting. I believe I’ll start a new one Parrotism, yes a good fit.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not quite so clear for me.
Galatians 4:26-27 KJV
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. [27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Are you certain your the bride/Mother of us all?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you like playing the label game. Is there an ism for parroting. I believe I’ll start a new one Parrotism, yes a good fit.
I like playing and living the label game, those who follow Jesus Christ and his teachings are labeled Christian's, dont you like the label game?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the teaching in "Preterism" is a lie, it's a teaching, not a person
"Preterism" is a Religious term, fabricated by "Religionists". Some others would be Pre-tribulationism or Pre-millennialism.
I shun such types of labeling, for the reasons of falsely grouping people, just because they may select a minute viewpoint from an "ism" or several "isms" and apply it to their understanding, given to them by the Lord Himself, as he describes it in John 16:13.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Preterism" is a Religious term, fabricated by "Religionists". Some others would be Pre-tribulationism or Pre-millennialism.
I shun such types of labeling, for the reasons of falsely grouping people, just because they may select a minute viewpoint from an "ism" or several "isms" and apply it to their understanding, given to them by the Lord Himself, as he describes it in John 16:13.
By all means expound on how Matthew Chapter 24 in verse (15) Daniels Abomination of Desolation and verse (21) The Great Tribulation has been fulfilled, waiting?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By all means expound on how Matthew Chapter 24 in verse (15) Daniels Abomination of Desolation and verse (21) The Great Tribulation has been fulfilled, waiting?
I will be brief and to the point, albeit opposed to popular misunderstanding.
Mat.24:15. In parallel, Jesus applied the AoD prophecy of Daniel, which WAS previously fulfilled, to Himself, being that of "the temple of His body". John 2:19-22

Mat. 24:15. In the KJV, there is no "THE" Great Tribulation" of exactly 3.5 yrs. or 7.0 years. That foul misunderstanding is due to a misalligned false belief about the 70th week. However, for the past 2000+/- years, "multitudes" of Christians have and do go through times "OF great tribulation", and suffer persecution/martyrdom, which shall culminate in those who "should be killed" for refusing the MoB. Revelation 6:11, 7:9-14 and 13:15.

Reactions: Waiting on him