• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristLikeKingdom

Aug 20, 2021
Naples Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ explained by brother Bronson (Jesus Christ is a Man 1 Timothy 2:5, Jesus Christ is a prophet Deuteronomy 18:18, Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God Matthew 16:16-17, Jesus Christ is GOD John 20:28-29, Hebrews 1:8)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ explained by brother Bronson (Jesus Christ is a Man 1 Timothy 2:5, Jesus Christ is a prophet Deuteronomy 18:18, Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God Matthew 16:16-17, Jesus Christ is GOD John 20:28-29, Hebrews 1:8)

Why does Jesus have a God, and would it be better to worship that God?

Reactions: APAK

ChristLikeKingdom

Aug 20, 2021
Naples Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does Jesus have a God, and would it be better to worship that God?

The Son of God has a God, which is a Spirit according to John 4:24
John 4:24
King James Version

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

But his God, is inside of him and the fullness of that Spirit is inside of him. That's what makes him God. The Godhead is the Spirit.
Colossians 2:9
King James Version

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Hebrews 1:8 Jesus is referred to as God. I hope you watched the video because I really explain everything very easily.
Hebrews 1:8
King James Version

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King James Version

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

But his God, is inside of him and the fullness of that Spirit is inside of him. That's what makes him God. The Godhead is the Spirit.
King James Version

Hebrews 1:8 Jesus is referred to as God. I hope you watched the video because I really explain everything very easily.
King James Version

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Best understand what is said sir perhaps by comparing versions. Jesus is God's son as the Bible clearly states. Jeremiah 10:10; Mat 16:16

Welcome to the forum sir, nice to see and hear new ones.

ChristLikeKingdom

Aug 20, 2021
Naples Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best understand what is said sir perhaps by comparing versions. Jesus is God's son as the Bible clearly states. Jeremiah 10:10; Mat 16:16

Welcome to the forum sir, nice to see and hear new ones.

You have to take the Bible as a whole. You have to take everything the word of God says. I agree that he is the Son of God, but he is not only the Son of God he is also God. You dont believe certain scriptures is what it seems like. Im going to post them for you again.
King James Version

John 20:28-29
King James Version

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to take the Bible as a whole. You have to take everything the word of God says. I agree that he is the Son of God, but he is not only the Son of God he is also God. You dont believe certain scriptures is what it seems like. Im going to post them for you again.
King James Version

John 20:28-29
King James Version

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

You use altered versions. Hebrews 1:8 does not say that.

You chose to leave the exclamation point off after God in Thomas account. Thomas was an apostle and he fully knew who God is, out of his excitement he exclaimed My God it is you, as many of us have done prior. That was quite a shock that whom he with was the resurrected Jesus.

ChristLikeKingdom

Aug 20, 2021
Naples Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You use altered versions. Hebrews 1:8 does not say that.

You chose to leave the exclamation point off after God in Thomas account. Thomas was an apostle and he fully knew who God is, out of his excitement he exclaimed My God it is you, as many of us have done prior. That was quite a shock that whom he with was the resurrected Jesus.
The King James Version is an altered version? I think not. It clearly says unto the Son, Thy Throne O God, is for ever and ever in Hebrews 1:8. The Son is being referred to as God in this verse. And in John 20:28-29 it does not have an exclamation point after the word God. I just uploaded the picture of John 20:28-29 right now. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Jesus Christ is being referred to as God in both verses.

Attachments

• My Lord and my God.PNG
    My Lord and my God.PNG
    56.4 KB · Views: 0

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The King James Version is an altered version? I think not. It clearly says unto the Son, Thy Throne O God, is for ever and ever in Hebrews 1:8. The Son is being referred to as God in this verse. And in John 20:28-29 it does not have an exclamation point after the word God. I just uploaded the picture of John 20:28-29 right now. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Jesus Christ is being referred to as God in both verses.

An easy alteration to see is Ps 110:1, can you explain the reason why they altered that?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King James Version

King James Version

King James Version

Welcome to the community...CLK

There is a big difference between having something in you and then this something becoming or becomes you as well. This something is still independent from you and you are still you and this something is still it. They are still mutually exclusive and yet can reside together or with each other.

Like the Father (the God and the ONLY head (Godhead/Godhood) of all spirits, the only divine one) is in the Son and the Son is also in us. We are all in union and working ideally as one Spirit, although each of us are still with our own spirits. And yes, as you said in John 4:24, the Father God is Spirit (the creator of all spirits as he is the only source for all of them).

Hebrews 1:8 is an inaccurate translation that has cause confusion and is biased towards or in favor of Trinitarians.

Briefly, it should read with words like "“God is thy throne for ever and ever.” or “God is your throne....” or “God is your throne for ever and ever.”

The Father is saying to his Son that he, his Father is the eternal source and seat of power of righteousness for him and this power of the Father lasts forever. And Yahshua has this power of the Father's throne today. And this power is righteousness and the basis for the Kingdom. Christ holds or upholds the symbol and scepter of righteousness for us in the Kingdom.

It is not saying that the Son has his own independent source of power of righteousness even though his Father gave him immortality. God the Father forbid this could ever be true, and it is not true.

Heb 1:8-14 summary then...
The Son today has the scepter, the rightful means of using the Father's power, of righteousness derived from his Father. The Son never gained righteousness by himself, by his own efforts - or as self-righteousness. It all came from the Father, as our righteousness came from the Father through and because of his Son, in the Kingdom. And the angels will minister to us in the Kingdom, as they do today now and in the future.

APAK