Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Again, do not be dismayed. His strength in made perfect in [this] weakness. All is well in hand.

These things are "finished", He has overcome the world.
No Scott.

There is a standard for Christianity.

Christians cannot believe that there are THREE DIFFERENT PERSONS running around with some kind of "god" in them.

If one wants to call himself a Christian, he MUST adhere to what CHRISTIAN means.

We are not allowed to make up our own rules.
Of this I insist.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
first thanks for the response. next I'll answer you point by point.
#1. "I firmly believe that God will understand you and forgive you". update, he already have forgiven me and I have already accepted him, for he chose me first, and i thank him for that.
#2. who's right and who's wrong is childish. but seeking the truth is RIGHT-OUSNESS. scripture, 2 Corinthians 4:1-6 "Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ". that's why I say he gave it to me to teach. I suggest you re-read those verses.

#3. if other agree or not is not my concern. and second, being well verse or not is not the key. but God who gives revelation. I'm like my brother Paul, Galatians 1:11 & 12 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ". yes, I burned the midnight oil, yes, I studied, yes i researched. but after all of this one must come before God bowed and humble oneself ask him to reveal unto you what you have studied. without God, I'm NOTHING, he is the final authority in what i speak. so being school taught means NOTHING if you don't put God first. so if other agree or not with what I say is not concering to me, but it's what God agree to is what counts.

#4. Ok Good. I'll start at the heart of your trinity doctrine (THE PERSONS) who are in it.
Question GG, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".
Who sent "HIS" angel to John?. now before you answer it, read revelation 22:6. because the Angel who was sent tells us who sent him in description. so my Question who sent "HIS" (we're speaking of Person), who sent his angel to John was it A. the one whom you calls Father, or B. the Son, the one whom you say is your second person of the Godhead. so which one A or B? I'll be waiting for your answer.

be blessed
Don't wait 101.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't agree more.
But I DO believe we should AT LEAST respect each other.

Absolutely, but consider how Jesus was treated by most of the religious leaders [Jewish] when he was walking around planet Earth. He was The Master and He was The Truth, and those who knew the most about the written scriptures [OT] at the time joined the conspiracy to kill Him. Most church groups today within my experience would NOT allow Jesus to speak or to sit on their platforms with their ministers, or pastors or other religious leaders if he were to come in as an uninvited unknown guest wearing the simplest of attire available. This would probably be so in most of the assemblies that I have effectively been a formal member during my lifetime.

How much respect do we see? Seems to be the wrong kind of respect...

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:" Acts 10:34

It's interesting that Pisteuo Likes you post and then he also likes BG's posts.
I'm really confused.
Pisteuo is new to me on this forum [I believe], but BG has been a friend of mine on Christian Internet forums for probably 10 years. BG knows a lot about what I believe and agrees with much, but not quite all.

When I read a person's posts [I do not read every post by any means], I try to look at the content without paying attention to the person, but I am human too. Past experiences, good or bad, with individuals, do influence me one way or the other.

[quoteWe should all act as if the Holy Spirit is dwelling in us.
Some do not act this way at all.
It's very disheartening, to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I believe that many churches routinely teach people to quench the Holy Spirit in them. They don't say they are doing that and usually don't believe they are doing that but I believe that they are. One good example is the extent of democracy found in churches. Democracy is not God's Way in spite of how much we may appreciate it personally.

Another example is the programmed church services. They are so programmed for the most part that if God wanted to intervene He would have to perform what people would call a miracle. I don't God usually does that. He knows when He is not welcome and leaves it at that.

This is why, as I see it, the United States [and other western supposedly Christian nations] with very high percentages of supposedly Christian people do not at all reflect what Jesus would be reflecting if most people were really becoming like Him. They are not!

We are likely to see better explanations of how Jesus was/is on a forum such as this than in society as a whole, but that is that not that most Christians are better. It is that the better [more sincere and studious and prayerful] individuals are more likely to even join a Christian forum like this. Most of the Christians are more involved in fun things such as sports and have no time for God. They spend their hour of so on Sunday and presume that is all that needs to be done. Forget about this:

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1
I

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Jesus NOT want someone to understand His parables?
Did He not come here to promote the Kingdom?
Did He not come here to teach us about God?

Who was on the "outside" and WHY wouldn't Jesus want them to understand?
He came rather "to seek and to save that which was lost" - not those who willfully rebelled, but rather those who lost their way ("I am the Way").

These things are hidden then from "the tares" which grow among "the wheat", which were also planted in the earth (by Satan).

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Perfectly said !
The Beatitudes in Mathew chapters 5 to 7 explain exactly how we are to be.
They explain exactly how the members of the Kingdom ought to act.
I guess I don't mean act - sorry.

I think I mean behave. God does expect us to behave in a certain way - there is no doubt about this.

Christianity is a "becoming".

And yes, Love is the greatest gift.
All gifts will become useless once in heaven,
but Love will be eternal.

lest we forget besides Matthew there is also The Beatitudes along sides The Woes in Luke 6 that should be considered - twinc

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am striving to surrender until there is nothing in me which disagrees with God. God is helping me in this. I have come far on the journey, but the end is not yet.
Give God the glory!

So, what does this mean? You recognize you are in disagreement with the Pslamist, but it doesn't matter because you are not yet ready to agree with him?

Stranger

Reactions: GodsGrace

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think it, but know that He did, because He said so. This He explained was so that "because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand." "They", being those who are "outside" and not included in those chosen.

But not just "the" parables as some would believe, but rather as Jesus said, "all things."

Jesus didn't speak all things in parables.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't speak all things in parables.

Stranger
I will not call Him a liar, but have believed His word, and quoted Him, which I will continue to do.

But you are at least partially correct, in that He also spoke a very few things "plainly." However, it is not those few things that we where speaking of here. So you do no service to this discussion to make your point, but rather do a disservice by confusing the issue.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what does this mean? You recognize you are in disagreement with the Pslamist, but it doesn't matter because you are not yet ready to agree with him?

Stranger
Why is it necessary to make even the inference of what you know would be a false accusation against a person because his beliefs are not the same as yours?

Smile Stranger as your face really will not break if you do! :)

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will not call Him a liar, but have believed His word, and quoted Him, which I will continue to do.

But you are at least partially correct, in that He also spoke a very few things "plainly." However, it is not those few things that we where speaking of here. So you do no service to this discussion to make your point, but rather do a disservice by confusing the issue.

The issue is already confused which you confuse more by making everything Jesus said a parable. Thus making it open to anyone's interpretation, especially your own.

That He spoke in parables, yes. That He always spoke in parables, no. The parables are the product of Christ offering the kingdom, Israel rejecting the kingdom, and the kingdom now taking on a mystery form which is described by the parables.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it necessary to make even the inference of what you know would be a false accusation against a person because his beliefs are not the same as yours?

Smile Stranger as your face really will not break if you do! :)

In post #667 I am simply trying to understand your statement. Which you did not respond to.

I smile when I feel like it. When I don't, I don't.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In post #667 I am simply trying to understand your statement. Which you did not respond to.

I smile when I feel like it. When I don't, I don't.

Stranger
Well the Bible is short on smiles, but not on laughter, so make it a laugh then.

My first question to you in #670 was my answer, but since you insist I will elaborate for you, but in biblical terms.

Amadeus said: I am striving to surrender until there is nothing in me which disagrees with God. God is helping me in this. I have come far on the journey, but the end is not yet.
Give God the glory!
Stranger said: So, what does this mean? You recognize you are in disagreement with the Pslamist, but it doesn't matter because you are not yet ready to agree with him?

The "old man" in each of us continues to disagree with God. The "new man', of course agrees with God. [The psalmist would be a man who wrote under the inspiration of God.] We cannot kill the "old man" completely without God's help which He is more than willing to give. Some disagreeable parts have already been at least suppressed if not killed, but since some remain, He continues to work. He will do so until the end of my course, if I will allow it.

Reactions: Helen and GodsGrace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is already confused which you confuse more by making everything Jesus said a parable. Thus making it open to anyone's interpretation, especially your own.

That He spoke in parables, yes. That He always spoke in parables, no. The parables are the product of Christ offering the kingdom, Israel rejecting the kingdom, and the kingdom now taking on a mystery form which is described by the parables.

Stranger
That is not how Jesus himself said it. He said:
  • John 6:63
    It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit,

• Mark 4:11
    And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
  • Which is not just Jesus' words, but all, the fulfillment of:
    Genesis 11:9
    Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.

Reactions: amadeus

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wish you could click a quote and it would take you back to that thread, it is hard to follow. And that was way, way, far back.

I tried to find it but gave up.
Kannst du denn Deutsch sprechen? Ich bin kein Deutscher, aber Ich kann einige Wörte sprechen. Ich lese viel besser.

Bitte sprechen Sie auf Englisch.

I've forgotten more than I learned from Nana and high school German. I do wish I had kept up speaking and reading German. It's too late for the old man to do it now. I'll stick with NT Greek and Aussie English.

Oz

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bitte sprechen Sie auf Englisch.

I've forgotten more than I learned from Nana and high school German. I do wish I had kept up speaking and reading German. It's too late for the old man to do it now. I'll stick with NT Greek and Aussie English.

Oz
Thanks for your response. These days I don't know a single person with whom I can practice my German. The last one died in 2009. He was born in Texas in 1926, but traveled to Germany with his parents in 1936. His father was born in Germany but was a naturalized U.S. citizen. His mother was a Mexican-American from Texas. During their visit to Germany his father was inducted into the German army. He [the father] was killed in action on the Russian front before the United States entered the war. I live in Oklahoma where there are now lots of Spanish speakers, but German???

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Bible is short on smiles, but not on laughter, so make it a laugh then.

My first question to you in #670 was my answer, but since you insist I will elaborate for you, but in biblical terms.

The "old man" in each of us continues to disagree with God. The "new man', of course agrees with God. [The psalmist would be a man who wrote under the inspiration of God.] We cannot kill the "old man" completely without God's help which He is more than willing to give. Some disagreeable parts have already been at least suppressed if not killed, but since some remain, He continues to work. He will do so until the end of my course, if I will allow it.

And (Psalms 119)? I have said it is in disagreement with you. You seem to be saying, yes, it is, but give me time.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And (Psalms 119)? I have said it is in disagreement with you. You seem to be saying, yes, it is, but give me time.

Stranger
It is not in disagreement with me. I refer to it periodically when teaching and/or preaching. Of course, you may disagree on that point.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your response. These days I don't know a single person with whom I can practice my German. The last one died in 2009. He was born in Texas in 1926, but traveled to Germany with his parents in 1936. His father was born in Germany but was a naturalized U.S. citizen. His mother was a Mexican-American from Texas. During their visit to Germany his father was inducted into the German army. He [the father] was killed in action on the Russian front before the United States entered the war. I live in Oklahoma where there are now lots of Spanish speakers, but German???

Here in Texas many of the old Germans spoke very good Spainish and likewise many old Mexicans spoke good German. That is because in the early days of settlement they both lived close with one another.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here in Texas many of the old Germans spoke very good Spainish and likewise many old Mexicans spoke good German. That is because in the early days of settlement they both lived close with one another.

Stranger
Yes, I forget which community was involved since the man I knew had lived in Oklahoma for many years. He mentioned that many in his community had been bi-lingual Spanish/German and some even tri-lingual to include English. While I have been in Texas a number of times over the years, I've been to a place where the German culture was also present.

Thanks for your information