Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't have the exact post, but I'm sure you stated that Jesus could not have been declared the Son of God until He was proven to be sinless, as an adult, I think you also said, at His baptism. As far as I can tell, you did not provide any Scriptures for saying He was not the eternal Son of God at His birth. This verse from Acts 13 seems to refute your statement:
33. "God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm:
I NEVER said that He told me that... That was what the fellowship I first attended,taught me. so if that is not right in your eyes, that's fine.. I also went onto saying that of course He was born via Gods 'seed' His Word....But if He had not been able to do what He did as the son of Man, then man could surely not have been redeemed by it., I just thought that part was logical.
When He has said something to me, I write that, otherwise I write it different, but as many others, perhaps you read quickly and like 'GG; think I am saying that everything I post came directly from Him, which I have plainly stated many times, is not the case. I have lost track of the times I have pointed out that there are a FEW things I CAN say that I KNOW because He told me, nothing more.
What I find enormously confusing is how everyone on this forum ( except one I think ), say that they believe in the Risen, Resurrected Jesus the Christ, but mention Him as real, and watch out !!!!!! There comes the attacks ( except from a few here who have also had the revelation of Christ, ( praise and thank His Holy name ).
I think what I wrote on that post was, that the first time in the NT we hear Jesus declared as Gods Son, was when the Father spoke :" This is My beloved Son."....I also often make it clear that I do not know the Bible as much as a lot here, and that I appreciate when people can help me with chapter and verse, when needed..
You did not however reply to my question about your assertion about that word 'Experientalism' or however you spell that????
So how can we not have fellowship if we believe in Jesus our Father and the infilling of the SAME Holy Spirit ? That makes me weep more than you can imagine, that the ones who are supposed to help others to find Christ, don't want to believe that He is alive and well able to do whatever He deems necessary...
I came on this forum to begin with to find fellowship with other believers in The Spirit and thankfully there are a few here
who do just that.
Lastly OF COURSE I put the Living Resurrected Jesus above any amount of anything men have written, inspired from above or not......HE IS THE WORD, so why on earth would you think that wrong??? Bibles didn't come along until about the 3rd. century AD, so I suppose you must be saying that all of them up till then, had a different Jesus than the one you got to know something about through the Bible ?
We are ALL offered to draw near to Him, ALL offered to be taught by His Holy spirit, and of course if all had done just that, they would all have Truth. Whatever part they would have been taught, would have been in 100% agreement with others who were taught by Him. I am not saying that any one person would have gotten ALL the truth, we are supposed to all be 'knitted' together by Truth, each supplying whichever part of the Truth has been revealed to them.
It is Gods wisdom which gives Truth to whosoever He wills, and never more than they can bear .
Anyway, if you truly think it is somehow a different Jesus I believe in, then you must think me some sort of demon, trying to pull you all apart here, and certainly that should never be allowed. you should obviously seek the moderators to see if they also think that, and if they truly do, I will leave on my own accord. I never came on to cause anyone ill, quite the contrary !

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We all do, all those who come to Christ are given teh same Spirit of God, as to wheter He is first or last is up to you, but the bible is not above nor equal to God. That was teh whole point of God sending us teh Holy Spirit, so we would have teh truth because teh truth and life is in Jesus Christ alone.
Absolutely, of course we do.We all have access to the Father through the Son and through the SAME Spirit, which I was naive enough to believe that all other people who call themselves Christians, would be just as amazed and in awe of, as I was/is...But fine, they can go on arguing all they want about what each one thinks the Bible is telling them, that rarely seems to be in agreement, thus NOT of the same Spirit...It is gob smackingly confusing to me !

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You just called someone dense.
You ARE TRULY a very nice person.
Maybe instead of listening to the Holy Spirit you should start reading a bible and starting doing what it says.

Yeah.
I could have sworn you asked me not to write to you again, so why do you write me....did you not notice I called myself dense first?????

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Oddly enough, I don't believe they DO listen to the Holy Spirit.
They just THINK they do.
I've been attacked by them from the first day I got here.
Having to hear that I have THE BOOK and KNOWLEDGE and they have the Holy Spirit.
And yet, WHO is speaking harshly to WHOM??

We ALL have the Holy Spirit, not just SOME of us.
Some of us should put Him more to good use.

There are some immature Christians that have the Holy Spirit, but still have a ways to go. But then there are those who come here and do not have the Holy Spirit. Sometimes they keep it hidden for a while, but eventually it becomes more and more evident as they engage in conversation.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not how Jesus himself said it. He said:
  • John 6:63
    It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit,

• Mark 4:11
    And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
  • Which is not just Jesus' words, but all, the fulfillment of:
    Genesis 11:9
    Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.

(John 6:63) "...the words that I speak unto you they are spirit, and they are life." This is not speaking of parables. It is saying every word Jesus speaks is spirit.

(Mark 4:11) This proves exactly what I said. The parables were for the 'mystery' form of the Kingdom.

(Gen. 11:9) has nothing to do with parables.

Stranger

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for your response. These days I don't know a single person with whom I can practice my German. The last one died in 2009. He was born in Texas in 1926, but traveled to Germany with his parents in 1936. His father was born in Germany but was a naturalized U.S. citizen. His mother was a Mexican-American from Texas. During their visit to Germany his father was inducted into the German army. He [the father] was killed in action on the Russian front before the United States entered the war. I live in Oklahoma where there are now lots of Spanish speakers, but German???

So, have you learned to speak Spanish?

I don't know a single German speaking person with whom I could 'begin' to converse. There is a Brisbane German Club in downtown Brisbane on the southside of the river.

I'll stick with the strange English language for the time being.

Oz

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, have you learned to speak Spanish?

I don't know a single German speaking person with whom I could 'begin' to converse. There is a Brisbane German Club in downtown Brisbane on the southside of the river.

I'll stick with the strange English language for the time being.

Oz
Yes, my Spanish is much better than my German. These days I don't practice much like I once did as I'm retired and other than a little shopping and attending church services I spend most of the day in with my temporarily invalid wife. Mainly I keep up my languages by reading the Bible daily in three languages. It also gives me a different perspective of the scriptures.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus did not come to show the way. He is the Way, Truth and Life

How does that compare with what Jesus said in John 8:12 (NIV)? It states, 'When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”'

If I'm following Jesus, surely he's showing me the way!

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, my Spanish is much better than my German. These days I don't practice much like I once did as I'm retired and other than a little shopping and attending church services I spend most of the day in with my temporarily invalid wife. Mainly I keep up my languages by reading the Bible daily in three languages. It also gives me a different perspective of the scriptures.

Congratulations that you are still able to do this. That's a blessing to know 3 languages in which you can read the Bible.

May the Lord bless and encourage you as you minister in practical ways to your invalid wife.

upload_2017-9-14_12-58-24.png

Reactions: amadeus

rrfenn

Sep 13, 2017
Aliso Viejo, CA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does that compare with what Jesus said in John 8:12 (NIV)? It states, 'When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”'

If I'm following Jesus, surely he's showing me the way!

Oz
Yes, he does, and that does not negate that he himself is the way. The way (He) opens the path and you see it (that's how he shows you). Same as, "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture (John 10:9)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Anyway, if you truly think it is somehow a different Jesus I believe in, then you must think me some sort of demon, trying to pull you all apart here, and certainly that should never be allowed. you should obviously seek the moderators to see if they also think that, and if they truly do, I will leave on my own accord. I never came on to cause anyone ill, quite the contrary !

Since I'm not supposed to rely on the leading of the Spirit I flipped a coin. It landed heads up in your favor, so you can stay.

Actually if it landed tails I wouldn't have said anything about it, because we have the Holy Spirit and should be able to make sound judgments. 2 Timothy 1:7

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good one!!
9baa3f2a-aedf-48a8-8e3d-33ba18919f1b_zpsc142c524.jpg

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could it be because they feel superior to the Others?
No is that what you think, all we do is offer you what Jesus has offered to all who come to him, some say yes the rest reject teh offer. seems that christians are more interested in boasting of what thy know than who they know.

Remember Saul who was persecuting our Lords church,

1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

We are all given teh same spirit, God is no respector of persons.

Reactions: amadeus and pia

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I NEVER said that He told me that... That was what the fellowship I first attended,taught me. so if that is not right in your eyes, that's fine.. I also went onto saying that of course He was born via Gods 'seed' His Word....But if He had not been able to do what He did as the son of Man, then man could surely not have been redeemed by it., I just thought that part was logical.
When He has said something to me, I write that, otherwise I write it different, but as many others, perhaps you read quickly and like 'GG; think I am saying that everything I post came directly from Him, which I have plainly stated many times, is not the case. I have lost track of the times I have pointed out that there are a FEW things I CAN say that I KNOW because He told me, nothing more.
What I find enormously confusing is how everyone on this forum ( except one I think ), say that they believe in the Risen, Resurrected Jesus the Christ, but mention Him as real, and watch out !!!!!! There comes the attacks ( except from a few here who have also had the revelation of Christ, ( praise and thank His Holy name ).
I think what I wrote on that post was, that the first time in the NT we hear Jesus declared as Gods Son, was when the Father spoke :" This is My beloved Son."....I also often make it clear that I do not know the Bible as much as a lot here, and that I appreciate when people can help me with chapter and verse, when needed..
You did not however reply to my question about your assertion about that word 'Experientalism' or however you spell that????
So how can we not have fellowship if we believe in Jesus our Father and the infilling of the SAME Holy Spirit ? That makes me weep more than you can imagine, that the ones who are supposed to help others to find Christ, don't want to believe that He is alive and well able to do whatever He deems necessary...
I came on this forum to begin with to find fellowship with other believers in The Spirit and thankfully there are a few here
who do just that.
Lastly OF COURSE I put the Living Resurrected Jesus above any amount of anything men have written, inspired from above or not......HE IS THE WORD, so why on earth would you think that wrong??? Bibles didn't come along until about the 3rd. century AD, so I suppose you must be saying that all of them up till then, had a different Jesus than the one you got to know something about through the Bible ?
We are ALL offered to draw near to Him, ALL offered to be taught by His Holy spirit, and of course if all had done just that, they would all have Truth. Whatever part they would have been taught, would have been in 100% agreement with others who were taught by Him. I am not saying that any one person would have gotten ALL the truth, we are supposed to all be 'knitted' together by Truth, each supplying whichever part of the Truth has been revealed to them.
It is Gods wisdom which gives Truth to whosoever He wills, and never more than they can bear .

It would help a little if you would click on "reply" so the person you are responding to can read his/her post in full.

You said above: "You did not however reply to my question about your assertion about that word 'Experientalism' or however you spell that????"
You might have me confused with someone else, as I don't even know what "Experientalism" means. I think someone else asked you that question.

Here's your original post from the thread "Jesus is a human being.." #198: "No, I pointed out that the first time we hear Him referred to by God as His Son, was when He was Baptized. He had to be an ADULT without sin, in order to become The Son of God."
That is what I was referring to as possibly un-Biblical. Just my opinion, but I do think Jesus is the eternal Son of God.

These are not personal attacks, at least not from me. I cannot know your heart. I do not have all knowledge. I'm a zero in the Church of God, simply a parishioner. Not a teacher, elder, prophet, etc. I attempt to state my opinions based upon the Scriptures, alone(which includes the historical orthodox teachings of the Christian Church;which is a type of "tradition" by the way).
I don't think you are a demon, and I will not "seek the moderators" to have you kicked out of these forums. I am much more likely to be booted than you are! Say the word, and I will not respond to any more of your posts. The guy named "Sword" told me to *shut my face*, so I stopped responding to his posts. I'll do that for anyone who requests it. I probably will not respond to posts by "ByGrace", since she accused me of bullying you.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It would help a little if you would click on "reply" so the person you are responding to can read his/her post in full.

You said above: "You did not however reply to my question about your assertion about that word 'Experientalism' or however you spell that????"
You might have me confused with someone else, as I don't even know what "Experientalism" means. I think someone else asked you that question.

Here's your original post from the thread "Jesus is a human being.." #198: "No, I pointed out that the first time we hear Him referred to by God as His Son, was when He was Baptized. He had to be an ADULT without sin, in order to become The Son of God."
That is what I was referring to as possibly un-Biblical. Just my opinion, but I do think Jesus is the eternal Son of God.

These are not personal attacks, at least not from me. I cannot know your heart. I do not have all knowledge. I'm a zero in the Church of God, simply a parishioner. Not a teacher, elder, prophet, etc. I attempt to state my opinions based upon the Scriptures, alone(which includes the historical orthodox teachings of the Christian Church;which is a type of "tradition" by the way).
I don't think you are a demon, and I will not "seek the moderators" to have you kicked out of these forums. I am much more likely to be booted than you are! Say the word, and I will not respond to any more of your posts. The guy named "Sword" told me to *shut my face*, so I stopped responding to his posts. I'll do that for anyone who requests it. I probably will not respond to posts by "ByGrace", since she accused me of bullying you.
You're right in many different ways Tablestalk.

Persons here REFUSE to click on Reply and it makes if very difficult to know what they're even talking about. They tell me that I must use the Arrow to go back.
Why? When one click is SO MUCH easier???

Also, you're 100% right.
When I first got here Pia had written that Jesus had to become an adult and be without sin for Him to be declared the Son of God.

I even wrote to her about this.

People say strange things that are not biblical.
AND they insist on being correct.

I agree with all you've posted.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No is that what you think, all we do is offer you what Jesus has offered to all who come to him, some say yes the rest reject teh offer. seems that christians are more interested in boasting of what thy know than who they know.

Remember Saul who was persecuting our Lords church,

1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

We are all given teh same spirit, God is no respector of persons.
Gee.
Thanks for offering me Jesus.
What would I do without you?

I thought that God had already done that.
Guess you must be witnessing to me then.

You're not doing a good job of it.
If I had encountered YOU before I was Christian,
I would have denied Christianity right then and there.

Sorry. But that's my opinion.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since I'm not supposed to rely on the leading of the Spirit I flipped a coin. It landed heads up in your favor, so you can stay.

Actually if it landed tails I wouldn't have said anything about it, because we have the Holy Spirit and should be able to make sound judgments. 2 Timothy 1:7
Nice one ! Thank you dear Brother, and I couldn't agree more, the Holy Spirit is to bring us into unity, so I'm not at all sure what other spirits are at play in some cases here ???

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gee.
Thanks for offering me Jesus.
What would I do without you?

I thought that God had already done that.
Guess you must be witnessing to me then.

You're not doing a good job of it.
If I had encountered YOU before I was Christian,
I would have denied Christianity right then and there.

Sorry. But that's my opinion.
Wow, and you pick on others, calling them rude. What do you call what it is you do then? if only you knew this lovely person you are being so very rude to. You certainly don't seem to have anything but your opinions to share. You and 'marymog' should get on like a house on fire, you use the same methods.
'mjrhealth' has an amazing testimony to share with anyone willing to put their own selves aside and just really pay attention to what he is saying, as a person who was raised in a catholic religion until our precious Lord apprehended him.
But then you do seem to have an awful problem understanding that Christ is ALIVE and not just some fictional character in a book that you have read.....
People like you, who only seem interested in creating enmity here, usually don't last long. I doubt you will either, you are exposing yourself all the time, in the way you are responding to those who have had revelation from above. pity you haven't sought after that yourself, then perhaps you could put away your 'hatehat' and stop making all those awful assumptions about the others here.....