Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It would help a little if you would click on "reply" so the person you are responding to can read his/her post in full.

You said above: "You did not however reply to my question about your assertion about that word 'Experientalism' or however you spell that????"
You might have me confused with someone else, as I don't even know what "Experientalism" means. I think someone else asked you that question.

Here's your original post from the thread "Jesus is a human being.." #198: "No, I pointed out that the first time we hear Him referred to by God as His Son, was when He was Baptized. He had to be an ADULT without sin, in order to become The Son of God."
That is what I was referring to as possibly un-Biblical. Just my opinion, but I do think Jesus is the eternal Son of God.

These are not personal attacks, at least not from me. I cannot know your heart. I do not have all knowledge. I'm a zero in the Church of God, simply a parishioner. Not a teacher, elder, prophet, etc. I attempt to state my opinions based upon the Scriptures, alone(which includes the historical orthodox teachings of the Christian Church;which is a type of "tradition" by the way).
I don't think you are a demon, and I will not "seek the moderators" to have you kicked out of these forums. I am much more likely to be booted than you are! Say the word, and I will not respond to any more of your posts. The guy named "Sword" told me to *shut my face*, so I stopped responding to his posts. I'll do that for anyone who requests it. I probably will not respond to posts by "ByGrace", since she accused me of bullying you.
Sincerest apologies if I have replied incorrectly to you. Normally others don't like it when we just hit 'reply' because it makes too much to keep reading, so it's not easy to know who likes the whole post and who doesn't.
I agree with you 100% that Jesus is the Son of God, my only point was that first He had to 'fix' what Adam had lost the human race, by being the one and only son of mankind, who was able to live before God without sin, and that the first time we hear of God calling Jesus His beloved son, was when He had lived a sinless life, and was therefore worthy of becoming the firstborn among many, in Gods NEW creation. Imagine a Son of Man actually sitting on a throne next to God Himself, as indeed our father had planned all along, but only coming to fruition in Christ Jesus
Different fellowships taught me different things over the years, and the first pastor I ever sat under was the one who showed me, how God called Jesus His Son, once he was ready to be baptized. The only other places ( at least that I'm aware of ) was in the Old Testament, where the prophesy of Jesus was written.
I am an absolute nobody and lay no claim to be anything other than that. I was and still is just so very amazed that Jesus saw fit to save me, when I was still an unbeliever, and revealing Himself to me in the way he did. At that time I truly thought that all Christians had that same experience with Him, I had no clue of all the various interpretations of what had been written about Him and didn't even get or read a Bible until 6 odd years AFTER that first encounter with Him, and of course I had been silly enough to think that others would be as astounded and thankful as I was, in relation to the things He made clear to me. Boy, was I ever wrong about that, for the most part. But what surprised me the very most, was the outright hatred coming at me from the uber religious, who saw Jesus and our Father completely different than the way he revealed Himself to be. For one thing He has a wonderful sense of humor, and He has such a great way of explaining things, so that even I could understand what He was saying and all without a Bible. Also he doesn't have a 'bad bone' in His body and he doesn't sit around just waiting for us to make 'mistakes' so He can slap us sideways, and I have met many who think of Him that way.
I hope we can get past this, and again I am very sorry that I posted a wrong reply to you, I will have to go back to see who it was who had said what I was responding to.
By the way 'ByGrace' is a wonderful and very wise lady, who has been through a ton of difficulties in her life, and still has a wonderful heart for the Lord and His Bride. She has sat under various teachings and teachers and has managed to learn something from all of it, whether something was right or wrong. She is a very rare gem indeed in my opinion. I have not met many who have as much love for those who believe as she does, and her wisdom is off the charts......
So I hope we're good? Please don't stop writing to me, this was obviously my fault for replying to you when I shouldn't have.... Peace and joy in His glorious name always :)

Reactions: tabletalk

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(John 6:63) "...the words that I speak unto you they are spirit, and they are life." This is not speaking of parables. It is saying every word Jesus speaks is spirit.

(Mark 4:11) This proves exactly what I said. The parables were for the 'mystery' form of the Kingdom.

(Gen. 11:9) has nothing to do with parables.

Stranger
You are not thinking big enough: Everything, is a parable manifestation of things on high. If you want to call that "the 'mystery' form of the kingdom", that is good, but it includes everything from the stars in the heavens and the waters above and the waters below, to the parable examples that Christ gave referring to "all parables."

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
bby,

What you added to my theology was false, as I understand Scripture. It is a big deal when you are promoting something not in Scripture on a Christian forum.

Oz
are you really saying that you cannot find any of those in Scripture, or what Oz? Because that's kind of hard to believe. So please point out the one you think i will have the hardest time finding in Scripture, if you would, even though don't we all know of each of those, from Scripture? I'm not sure the point here, but whatever, i'm game.

understand that i am just winging this, i generally mean "doctrine" as men define that, Trinity doctrine, etc, but let's see where it goes. You do not accept Oneness doctrine, and neither do i ok, but that is not the point, which is that millions of people do, and they all have Scripture to justify this pov--our agreement is irrelevant iow.

and as it turns out, our disagreement is even more irrelevant, but in a way that is kind of hard to see without becoming nihilist or whatever. Ah, it is like a parent agreeing with whatever a little kid says, in a sense; one might disagree with them if they like, but the little kid saw what he saw, and you aren't going to change his mind with a little conversation, and after all the subject is usually one that will work itself out anyway right

@GodsGrace, if you like pick one that you think i cannot read right out of the Book

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I wish you could click a quote and it would take you back to that thread, it is hard to follow. And that was way, way, far back.
? just click on the top of the quote banner there just to the right of "Ozspen said:", and keep clicking back til you get there! why they hide the button there i do not know however

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not thinking big enough: Everything, is a parable manifestation of things on high. If you want to call that "the 'mystery' form of the kingdom", that is good, but it includes everything from the stars in the heavens and the waters above and the waters below, to the parable examples that Christ gave referring to "all parables."

No, believing everything is a parable is not thinking big. It is thinking crazy. You and others would like everything to be a parable so you could give any interpretation you want. And, who could argue? It would all be subjective.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, believing everything is a parable is not thinking big. It is thinking crazy. You and others would like everything to be a parable so you could give any interpretation you want. And, who could argue? It would all be subjective.

Stranger
You are missing the point: Christ has planted good seed in the world, and Satan has planted evil seed. But the word of scripture is public and held in secret, only to be revealed to those of whom it is given. This parable language has its roots in the manifest imagery of creation, but was not enough. Therefore God confounded all language according to His claim, saying: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world”, which He did at the tower of Babel. But if I say "all parables" as Christ said, and if God says "a parable" through Isaiah - you call us all "crazy."

But that is you talking, and I am not going to believe you rather than them - simply because you cannot imagine the brilliant plan of God which takes away your ability to judge who is right and who is wrong. Which, of course, just makes you like a lawyer of the law who has made a god of the confounded word...never taking to heart that "the scriptures must be discerned spiritually" - as you should know.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Wow, and you pick on others, calling them rude. What do you call what it is you do then? if only you knew this lovely person you are being so very rude to. You certainly don't seem to have anything but your opinions to share. You and 'marymog' should get on like a house on fire, you use the same methods.
'mjrhealth' has an amazing testimony to share with anyone willing to put their own selves aside and just really pay attention to what he is saying, as a person who was raised in a catholic religion until our precious Lord apprehended him.
But then you do seem to have an awful problem understanding that Christ is ALIVE and not just some fictional character in a book that you have read.....
People like you, who only seem interested in creating enmity here, usually don't last long. I doubt you will either, you are exposing yourself all the time, in the way you are responding to those who have had revelation from above. pity you haven't sought after that yourself, then perhaps you could put away your 'hatehat' and stop making all those awful assumptions about the others here.....
Are you and mj married?
You're very much alike.
Humble, kind, welcoming Christian's.
Jesus would be proud.

Reactions: ScottA

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the point: Christ has planted good seed in the world, and Satan has planted evil seed. But the word of scripture is public and held in secret, only to be revealed to those of whom it is given. This parable language has its roots in the manifest imagery of creation, but was not enough. Therefore God confounded all language according to His claim, saying: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world”, which He did at the tower of Babel. But if I say "all parables" as Christ said, and if God says "a parable" through Isaiah - you call us all "crazy."

But that is you talking, and I am not going to believe you rather than them - simply because you cannot imagine the brilliant plan of God which takes away your ability to judge who is right and who is wrong. Which, of course, just makes you like a lawyer of the law who has made a god of the confounded word...never taking to heart that "the scriptures must be discerned spiritually" - as you should know.

Where does it say the word of Scripture is public and held in secret only to be revealed to those of whom it is given.

Where in the creation is this demonstration of parable language?

The tower of Babel is not a demonstration of 'parables'. Where did you get that?

Isaiah did speak of parables. But that does not concern Babel. It concerns the 'mystery form of the kingdom'. Of which Christ did not always speak. The 'all parables' you say Christ said, come from (Mark 4:11). "And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:" You see, the 'all' speaks to the mystery of the kingdom. It isn't saying when Christ spoke it was always in parables.

I don't mind seeing Isaiah speaking of parables yet future. Which Christ did. I mind you saying Christ always spoke in parables, which He didin't. That is not me talking, that is the Scripture.

I don't care if you believe me or not. I am just proving you to be wrong in what you are saying. You are correct: Gods plan of salvation and what He has revealed in the Scripture is not a product of my imagination. However, your use of 'parables' and 'spiritualizing' of the Scripture, are the product of your imagination. Of which there is no bounds. I will go with Scripture instead of imagination.

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA ....I noticed you clicked 'like' to 'GodsGrace' last post to me, about me and 'mjrhealth'.... You are aware she was being sarcastic, aren't you? I have not seen you click 'like' on something like that before, which is why I am asking you lol

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say the word of Scripture is public and held in secret only to be revealed to those of whom it is given.
Don't be silly. The Bible is the most widely published book in history. It's a fact.
Where in the creation is this demonstration of parable language?
It is all a manifestation of things on high. It should be obvious if the spirit is at all willing. I'll point to just one:
Genesis 1:16
Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.

...You are aware of the Light, and the prince of darkness?
The tower of Babel is not a demonstration of 'parables'. Where did you get that?
This is not that difficult: Confounded language, by definition...is enigma, mystery, puzzle, riddle, conundrum, even paradox.
Isaiah did speak of parables. But that does not concern Babel. It concerns the 'mystery form of the kingdom'. Of which Christ did not always speak. The 'all parables' you say Christ said, come from (Mark 4:11). "And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:" You see, the 'all' speaks to the mystery of the kingdom. It isn't saying when Christ spoke it was always in parables.

I don't mind seeing Isaiah speaking of parables yet future. Which Christ did. I mind you saying Christ always spoke in parables, which He didin't. That is not me talking, that is the Scripture.
If Isaiah spoke of the result of God's world wide confounding language, it most certainly does concern little old Babel - it explains it.

Why then do you quote half a verse of the mystery of the kingdom...and leave out the mention of world wide use of "all parables?"

Christ did not always speak in parables? Are you kidding? The the scriptures only quote Him speaking "plainly" - twice. This I told you already.

"All things" means: all things.
I don't care if you believe me or not. I am just proving you to be wrong in what you are saying. You are correct: Gods plan of salvation and what He has revealed in the Scripture is not a product of my imagination. However, your use of 'parables' and 'spiritualizing' of the Scripture, are the product of your imagination. Of which there is no bounds. I will go with Scripture instead of imagination.

Stranger
You have only proved your lack of discernment, and your woeful lawyer-like tenancies.

As for "spiritualizing"...God is spirit. You don't have to like it, or Him. But I happen to like Him and see Him...as He is. 1 John 3:2 Thank you for your generous quantification. It proves the passage: "seek and you shall find."

God is good!

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA ....I noticed you clicked 'like' to 'GodsGrace' last post to me, about me and 'mjrhealth'.... You are aware she was being sarcastic, aren't you? I have not seen you click 'like' on something like that before, which is why I am asking you lol
Ha...I took it to be serious - not sarcastic! I was expecting a group hug or somethings. Sorry to be mistaken. :(

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're not doing a good job of it.
If I had encountered YOU before I was Christian,
I would have denied Christianity right then and ther
Well if I had come onto a christian forum as a youngster, i guess I would have walked away, what God could have so many foolish people who dont even know who He is yet proclaiming they are His. Would have probably ended up a chrishna.

Act 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
Act 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

sounds pretty much like "christianity" teh religion.

This is who we are supposed to worship,

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if I had come onto a christian forum as a youngster, i guess I would have walked away, what God could have so many foolish people who dont even know who He is yet proclaiming they are His. Would have probably ended up a chrishna.

Act 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
Act 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

sounds pretty much like "christianity" teh religion.

This is who we are supposed to worship,

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us

You said this in the above post: "...what God could have so many foolish people who dont even know who He is yet proclaiming they are His."
Some of your posts accuse professing Christians that they "dont even know who He is..". Have you discerned if GodsGrace(who you were responding to) is one of those who "dont even know who He is.." ?

Reactions: GodsGrace