Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Those who refuse to keep the Fourth Commandment demonstrate they do not love Jesus, for Hebrews 4:9 says in the Peshitta that it's the DUTY of the Christian to keep the Sabbath as a sign to the world that we are resting inwardly in Jesus."

Peshitta. Really? So the Peshitta declares it a duty for me. Well, that certainly settles it. Don't read it in Scripture, but if Peshitta says so, then well, that settles it.

Once people start showing off their Hebrew slang in order to legitimize their push of Old Covenant law, then that is when they have no more merit. Just dealing with another Judaist: half Judaism, half Christianity: Judaistianity

Reactions: atpollard

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 28:19 I am with you (the apostles) in his church until the end

.... 10. So, Venerable Brethren, it is clear why this Apostolic See has never allowed its subjects to take part in the assemblies of non-Catholics: for the union of Christians can only be promoted by promoting the return to the one true Church of Christ of those who are separated from it, for in the past they have unhappily left it. To the one true Church of Christ, we say, which is visible to all, and which is to remain, according to the will of its Author, exactly the same as He instituted it. During the lapse of centuries, the mystical Spouse of Christ has never been contaminated, nor can she ever in the future be contaminated, as Cyprian bears witness: "The Bride of Christ cannot be made false to her Spouse: she is incorrupt and modest. She knows but one dwelling, she guards the sanctity of the nuptial chamber chastely and modestly."[20] The same holy Martyr with good reason marveled exceedingly that anyone could believe that "this unity in the Church which arises from a divine foundation, and which is knit together by heavenly sacraments, could be rent and torn asunder by the force of contrary wills."[21] For since the mystical body of Christ, in the same manner as His physical body, is one,[22] compacted and fitly joined together,[23] it were foolish and out of place to say that the mystical body is made up of members which are disunited and scattered abroad: whosoever therefore is not united with the body is no member of it, neither is he in communion with Christ its head.[24]

MORTALIUM ANIMOS

ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS XI
ON RELIGIOUS UNITY

you should read the whole document with scripture reference
So how much does it cost in 2021$ to buy my brother out of Hell?
Luther had a problem with the price being charged in the time of the Reformation, but according to your quote from the RCC ... there has never been anything wrong.

I know that Luther thought it was wrong for Cardinals to have harems, but if there was NEVER ANYTHING WRONG, then I guess Cardinals protecting Child Molesters is really small potatoes.

I do not get the sense that this is an HONEST conversation any longer, so I think it best to just end it.

I do not hate the RCC, but I have little patience for dishonest conversation.
YOU are the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS ... ask any of the victims of the RCC.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you confess your sins to the apostles Jn 20:21-23
Sounds Catholic to me.

If we confess our sins to Jesus, the one Mediator, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins. He is the only advocate we have with the Father. (1 John 1,2)

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Those who refuse to keep the Fourth Commandment demonstrate they do not love Jesus, for Hebrews 4:9 says in the Peshitta that it's the DUTY of the Christian to keep the Sabbath as a sign to the world that we are resting inwardly in Jesus."

Peshitta. Really? So the Peshitta declares it a duty for me. Well, that certainly settles it. Don't read it in Scripture, but if Peshitta says so, then well, that settles it.

Once people start showing off their Hebrew slang in order to legitimize their push of Old Covenant law, then that is when they have no more merit. Just dealing with another Judaist: half Judaism, half Christianity: Judaistianity
A little strong, but VERY funny.

Hopefully they just belong to a Syrian Christian Church and it is simply the bible version they use.
(but probably not.)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!"

Yep, Catholic. Their 'successors' being Catholic religion cardinals, popes, etc...Hence confess to your cubiclized priest.

"I am with you (the apostles) until the end. No apostles no church no salvation."

No Jesus no salvation.

But still plenty of Catholic Religion.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little strong, but VERY funny.

Hopefully they just belong to a Syrian Christian Church and it is simply the bible version they use.
(but probably not.)
Yeah, maybe so, but honestly, I try to take people seriously with the Word of God, and just when you think you are at least coming to an understanding of difference, they then start in with all their cute little words and terms and sources, that I am glad I never heard of before.

Peshitta Meshitta

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making judgements that are simply not true for most Christians. How dare you say that for Saturday sabbath keepers, saturday is the only day they are not free. Who are you to judge whether they are free or not.

If they choose to be in church, worshipping their God, instead of on a boat on a lake fishing, does that mean they are not free. Of course not.

Don't judge others from your own experience.
I'm not judging by my own experience but by their doctrine of law of Sabbath. Would they agree with you, that they have 'free choice' on Saturdays?

Do you know what you are talking about? Do you know what it means to be commanding a law that must be obeyed on pains of transgression against God?

I am not at all 'free' to steal and adulterate and be drunken in the night, but I am free on Saturday and any other day to worship my God, wheresoever I 'choose' to go and whatsoever I 'choose' to do by faith in Him, so long as it is not in transgression of His law, which does not include Saturday Sabbath keeping, or else.

So, yes, I dare to judge righteous judgement, while you pompously try to judge with hurt feelings.

(P.s. I hate fishing, but not the fishers. Not even on Saturdays)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how much does it cost in 2021$ to buy my brother out of Hell?
Luther had a problem with the price being charged in the time of the Reformation, but according to your quote from the RCC ... there has never been anything wrong.

I know that Luther thought it was wrong for Cardinals to have harems, but if there was NEVER ANYTHING WRONG, then I guess Cardinals protecting Child Molesters is really small potatoes.

I do not get the sense that this is an HONEST conversation any longer, so I think it best to just end it.

I do not hate the RCC, but I have little patience for dishonest conversation.
YOU are the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS ... ask any of the victims of the RCC.

hope this helps
I can provide scripture verses for this if you want

1st of all these are based on misunderstandings and accusations

Salvation has nothing to do with indulgences

Salvation is God’s mercy to us thru His church by grace!

An indulgence is a merit of Jesus Christ thru his blood passion and death! Jn 1:16 & 1:29

Cannot sell indulgences
There were indulgences granted to those who supported the building of saint peters, not selling, (donations) but if you chose to make a donation you could get an indulgence, but there were and are many other ways to get them without making a donation! Not a requirement

You did something and got a favorable response, like buying a dozen dognuts and get one free, they may accuse you cannot selling 13 but you actually only sold 12 and gave one free.

Salvation is of grace with mercy and the forgiveness of sins, but the temporal punishment due to sin Christ did not take away, just like he did not take away our sin nature and restore up to the state of innocence in the garden.

Example: a child breaks a window with his baseball, his father forgives him totally, but the child work and earn money to pay for the window, and we must pray, fast, alms, penance, carry our cross and practice Christian virtues to expiate the temporal punishment due to our sins, God provides for everything in His goodness and gives us ample means to do this, and it purifies our souls in this life or if not he also provides a means of purification in the next.

And we can pray for and do penance and gain indulgences for those being purified since they are in the communion of the saints like us and those already perfected in heaven!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds Catholic to me.

If we confess our sins to Jesus, the one Mediator, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins. He is the only advocate we have with the Father. (1 John 1,2)

then obey him and confess to his priests

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42
Acts 8

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

the Bible is Catholic
The church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles wrote the New Testament

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

If Christ has authority (Matt 28:18 all authority) to change the commandments (Matt 5) then his church has authority!

Jn 20:21-23 The apostles in His church that He founded on Peter (Matt 16:18) and the apostles and their successors has the same mission, power, and authority as Jesus Christ!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission does Christ have?

The holy church, the apostles have the same authority, power, and mission, Christ choose successors to continue His mission, the apostles have the same authority! Jn 20:21-23

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments the abundant life of grace!

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if they are not impeccable. nothing stops them from teaching a non truth.

They are no different than Jewish priests. who were set up By God. to be priest to the children of Israel.

Christ and the Holy Spirit
Matt 28:19 go teach all nations
His apostles are to this till the end
Same doctrine regardless of time and place, the whole world and all ages
Jn 15:5
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This will help if you would read it
Find it online or YouTube

MORTALIUM ANIMOS

ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS XI
ON RELIGIOUS UNITY

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BTW, Jesus was not an angel - He merely MANIFESTED Himself as an angel, because God needs to "condescend to men of low estate" much like a smiling father will kneel down low to his small child.

If He manifested Himself as an angel, that would make Him an angel. So you are saying Jesus, who is God, became an angel, then became a human. That's silly.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If He manifested Himself as an angel, that would make Him an angel. So you are saying Jesus, who is God, became an angel, then became a human. That's silly.

Hebrews 2:16
For verily he took not on him the nature ofangels; but he took on him the seed ofAbraham.

eternal God became man

Reactions: friend of

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No apostles no church no salvation
NO Jesus, NO peace!
KNOW JESUS, KNOW PEACE!!
Open your mind, and humble your heart to: God's Simple Will

new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with
THE SAME mission, power, and authority!
NOT likely! Let's check, with honesty, your obedience?:

(1) Do YOU "do THE WORKS {And GREATER works},
that JESUS Did"?:

John_14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth
on ME
, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater
works than these shall he do;
because I go unto MY Father."

Why not?
a) This BIBLE Verse IS NOT true?
b) This BIBLE Verse IS True, but you don't believe on HIM?
c) This BIBLE Verse IS True, you do believe on HIM, but you're
Confused {like Many!} about WHY it doesn't "work for you"?

(2) Be perfect = SELL EVERYTHING! NO!? What are you WAITING for?:

Mat_19:21 "JESUS Said unto him, If thou wilt be PERFECT, go
and SELL that thou hast
, and give to the poor, and thou shalt
have treasure in heaven: and come and FOLLOW ME."

Why not?
a) This BIBLE Verse IS NOT true?
b) This BIBLE Verse IS True, but you don't believe/FOLLOW HIM?
c) This BIBLE Verse IS True, you do believe on HIM, but you're
Confused {like Many!} about WHY it "can't Really LITERALLY
Mean What JESUS Said"? False teachers saying IT REALLY MEANS
"you HAVE TO BE WILLING to do What JESUS Said!"

The TWELVE, with POWER, LITERALLY obeyed What JESUS Said,

Correct?:

"And fear came upon every soul: and Many wonders and SIGNS
were done by the apostles.
And ALL that believed were together,
and had all things common; And SOLD their possessions and
goods
, and parted them to all men, as every man had need."
{Acts_2:43-45 CP Acts_4:32-37 KJB!)

Again, what are you waiting for?

(3) SIGNS following believers? NO!?:
Healing EVERYONE? NO!? Have you "laid hands on the sick" and
cleaned out one hospital yet? Or, do you {SOLD EVERYTHING?}/church
spend YOUR $+ ALL others who SOLD?} million$ "building them"
for THE SICK?:

Mar 16:17 "And these SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW them that believe;
In My Name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing,
it shall not hurt them; they Shall lay hands on the sick, and they
Shall RECOVER."

Why not?
a) These BIBLE Verses are NOT true?
b) These BIBLE Verses are True, but you don't believe on HIM?
c) These BIBLE Verses are True, you do believe on HIM, but you're
Confused {like Many!} about WHY "these SIGNS DON'T follow you"?

IF you "say you BELIEVE," but then don't OBEY Christ, and "DO the
works that Peter, the apostles Did, AND have THE SAME power
THEY ALL Demonstrated,"
wouldn't that mean?:

James_2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is DEAD, being

alone."

Precious friend, Eternally Grateful and I both implore and
beseech YOU, please be humble and find out What God
IS DOING
Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE!
(Romans-Philemon KJB!)
Ok?