Jesus Is Our Truth, Reward, And Faithfulness So We Can Lie, Steal, and Fornicate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Ten Commandments aren't "Mosaic"...they are "Godsaic" - after all, they existed long before Moses and will exist for all eternity (Psalms 111:7-8 KJV) unlike the Mosaic Law which was nailed to the Cross, and is why it will always be wrong to steal, but is no longer wrong to disregard observance of the Passover.
So you'd be sinning the moment you got out of bed on Saturday morning and made breakfast for yourself, mowed the lawn, weeded the garden, touched up the paintwork on the house, put out the trash, because that would amount to be working on the Sabbath.

Oh, you can't catch the bus or take a taxi on a Saturday, do your shopping at the supermarket, or go to your favourite cafe for coffee, because you would be an accessory to someone else's sin for breaking the Sabbath.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you'd be sinning the moment you got out of bed on Saturday morning and made breakfast for yourself, mowed the lawn, weeded the garden, touched up the paintwork on the house, put out the trash, because that would amount to be working on the Sabbath.

Oh, you can't catch the bus or take a taxi on a Saturday, do your shopping at the supermarket, or go to your favourite cafe for coffee, because you would be an accessory to someone else's sin for breaking the Sabbath.
If you knew the 7th day Sabbath was the day made holy and sanctified by God, and you did so the above anyway, then yes, you sinned.

Reactions: GEN2REV and amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting how the Sabbath preachers pick and choose which Sabbath commands they like.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I doubt there are enough body bags to obey the Law of Moses.
The death sentence was never applied to the law of Moses. The wages of sin is death. Sin is transgression against the laws and commandments of God. You don't get punished for rejecting the the law of Moses which was the remedy for sin. And we aren't under a theocracy any more so the death sentence for sin is postponed... But don't think for a moment that it's cancelled. Sinners will perish.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's interesting how the Sabbath preachers pick and choose which Sabbath commands they like.
There's only one Sabbath Commandment in the law of God.
KJV Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Anything else was for a theocratically governed nation.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The death sentence was never applied to the law of Moses.
Which Bible are you reading?

Leviticus 24:23 (NKJV)
23 Then Moses spoke to the children of Israel; and they took outside the camp him who had cursed, and stoned him with stones. So the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.
Numbers 15:36 (NKJV)
36 So, as the LORD commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's only one Sabbath Commandment in the law of God.

Anything else was for a theocratically governed nation.
Are you Muslim?

Exodus 31:15 (NKJV)
15 Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinners will perish.
So you don't believe in the everlasting fire that Jesus clearly taught?

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You fellas are really really desperate to avoid the Sabbath huh. It's of so little consequence that you have replaced it. Why replace it if it's of no consequence? And what did you replace it with? A day of pagan origin dedicated to the sun god. SMH
Why the determination to attack it if it's of no consequence? Why do you, who denies the Sabbath's relevancy, declare the death sentence on someone who doesn't deny it?
How will you respond when in the new earth you are required to honor the Sabbath...
KJV Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fellas are really really desperate to avoid the Sabbath huh. It's of so little consequence that you have replaced it. Why replace it if it's of no consequence? And what did you replace it with? A day of pagan origin dedicated to the sun god. SMH
Why the determination to attack it if it's of no consequence? Why do you, who denies the Sabbath's relevancy, declare the death sentence on someone who doesn't deny it?
How will you respond when in the new earth you are required to honor the Sabbath...
KJV Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
The Sabbath COMMANDS were ONLY for Israel! NOBODY else.

Galatians 3:10 (NKJV)
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Sabbath COMMANDS were ONLY for Israel! NOBODY else.

Galatians 3:10 (NKJV)
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
In Deuteronomy 27, where the curses are found, the twenty-sixth verse of which is quoted in Galatians 3:10, only the moral law is referred to. But while it is doubtless true that the ceremonial law was included in the “book of the law,” I have yet to find Scripture proof for the statement that there was any curse pronounced for non-performance of the ceremonial law as an independent law. I will try to make clear what I mean.
There can be no moral obligation to perform anything not required by the moral law. That is simply another way of saying that sin is the transgression of the law. Now, if at any time sin can be imputed for the performance or nonperformance of any act not forbidden or enjoined in the moral law, then it necessarily follows that the moral law is not a perfect rule of action. But the moral law is a perfect law. It embodies all righteousness, even the righteousness of God, and nothing more can be required of any man than perfect obedience to it. That law is so broad that it covers every act and every thought, so that it is utterly impossible for a person to conceive of a sin which is not forbidden by the moral law.
That the curse of the law is death, I am sure you would agree. That being the case, I will offer a few points, now follow carefully...
1. The curse of the law is what Christ bore for us. See Galatians 3:13.
2. This curse consisted in being hanged on a tree. See last part of same verse.
3. This being hanged on a tree was the crucifixion of Christ, for at no other time was He ever hanged on a tree; and Peter said to the wicked Jews: “The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.” Acts 5:30.
Therefore death is the curse which Christ bore for us; but death is the wages of sin, and sin is the violation of the moral law. Therefore Christ bore the curse of the moral law for us. There is no other law that has any curse attached to it.
Now you astutely pointed out that death is the wages of disobedience to the Sabbath Commandment. You have yourself therefore proved that the Sabbath Commandment is an integral part of the moral law, a law which was never only for Israel, but was known to the ancients from before the time of Noah, even in Eden, for what Christian is there who wouldn't teach that sin was the catalyst for the fall?
The moral laws of God are universal. The claim that the Sabbath was ceremonial or of a nature that it could be discarded at a whim or by the say-so of the church, is to wrench the Commandment from the tables of stone, something no person would dare to do with any of the other nine.