Jesus is the name of risen God of Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Almighty God that spoke to Abraham, began to call Himself by His new name Jehovah to Moses, by which name He was not known to Abraham.

The everlasting God gave Himself a new name, by which He was not known before.

That God of Israel calling Himself by His new name Jehovah, also prophesied He would call Himself and His people by another new name, which He would name Himself from His own mouth. (Is 62:2)

Scripture is the written Word proceeding from God's own mouth, and so in Scripture the God of Israel called Himself by His prophesied new name: Jesus. And His people would be called a new name by Scripture: Christian.

Them that reject Jesus as the God of Israel in the flesh, and worship Jehovah only as God, are idolizing a name God once gave Himself, while rejecting Jesus as the risen God of Israel, who's name is Jesus.

They claim to worship the God of Israel based upon the past new name Jehovah, which He gave Himself, and then reject the risen God of Israel, because of the new name He now gives Himself: Jesus.

By the name Jehovah, God Almighty was not always known, but by the name of Jesus He will forever be known, which is the name He will forever call Himself above every name that He ever named for Himself: Jesus.

Jehovah only believes the only name God can ever call Himself is Jehovah, and yet Jehovah was not God's name from the everlasting beginning, nor did He call Himself such with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Jehovah only believers are worshippers of a name God once gave Himself. They are not worshippers of that God, who once called Himself by the name of Jehovah, and now calls Himself Jesus.

Jehovah only believers refuse to allow God to call Himself by another name. Ever.

And yet the name of God, Jehovah, is nowhere written in Scripture, after He came upon the earth to be born of a woman, and is now called Jesus.

Jesus is now the name of the Lord and true God our Saviour.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who knew the Almighty God now call Him Jesus. Not Jehovah.

Christians are called by His new name in Scripture: Jesus Christ.

We are Christians, not Jehovahites.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My old pastor, a graduate of the University Of Pennsylvania and Fuller Theological Institute, once told me that the name Jehovah was an errant translation. I never looked into it, but he is really smart. I'll look into it someday.
I see it like this...Yeshua to my left, Ruach to my right, and back a ways in the center, is Abba.
Father, Holy Spirit, Son - Hear O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My old pastor, a graduate of the University Of Pennsylvania and Fuller Theological Institute, once told me that the name Jehovah was an errant translation. I never looked into it, but he is really smart. I'll look into it someday.
I see it like this...Yeshua to my left, Ruach to my right, and back a ways in the center, is Abba.
Father, Holy Spirit, Son - Hear O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one!
By either name we call Him, Jesus or Yeshua, He is the risen God of Israel.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My old Priest thought Jesus was the God that spoke to Moses. And I think he may or may not be correct. I think the Father can speak to people or the Son or the Holy Spirit.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My old Priest thought Jesus was the God that spoke to Moses. And I think he may or may not be correct. I think the Father can speak to people or the Son or the Holy Spirit.
I know He is.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The God of Israel speaking from the mount to the children of Israel, called Himself Jehovah.

The risen God of Israel speaking to us from the heavenly mount Sion, calls Himself Jesus.

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

Less thinking and more believing in what is written makes us wise unto the salvation of that God of Israel:

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: dev553344