Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...no one is good except the Father" argues differently, i think.

He said "God" rather than "Father'. It is significant when I see Him lifting the sights of that man in seeing Him more than just a Good Teacher or a Good Master. Seeing how that man was the rich man seeking approval from Him in asking if there was not anything else he should do to enter into Heaven by.

His refusal to give up everything he has to the poor is signifying what would be required of all disciples when the Bridegroom comes; that willingness to leave this life and all our worldly possessions and loved ones behind; Luke 14:15-33 for why it is easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needles than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God wherein it is impossible for men to save themselves, which is why God has to save them.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I'm saying is I AM TRINITARIAN for the reasons you stated. But I will not judge the Oneness group who sees all three in the body of Jesus and love Him. You can if you want, but make sure you don't have any planks in your eyes. You are setting yourself up to be judged by God who loves those you judge, or did you think God hates them? HH probably would be so arrogant, but I hope you have more fear of the Lord than He has shown in his countless witch hunts.

The problem with Oneness is that they see the "Spirit" as being the One to relate to rather than the Son of God as the Bridegroom Himself. Most of their worship where the supernatural signs and wonders happens is centered on the "Holy Spirit by those visitations"; not the Son. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

The real indwelling Holy Spirit would never draw attention to Himself like that in seeking His own glory ( John 16:13-15 & John 7:18 ), but seducing spirits will. Those visiting spirits are not the Holy Spirit when the real Holy Spirit is in them since they had first believed at the calling of the gospel : 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15

As it is, signs of the times as there can be no lie of the truth for abiding in Him.

We all need to go before that throne of grace for help to not misrepresent Him as His disciples when we are to testify of the Son in seeking His glory as led by the Spirit of God within us to do. Yes, even I need his help too, and I trust Him as my Good Shepherd to correct me in representing the Truth/Him.

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What I mean by that is that the Pharisees believed if anyone said that God was their father such a person would be claiming equality with God.
For anyone who is not equal with God it would be, as the pharisees knew, blasphemy.
The only exception would be if the person claim equality with God, was equal to God.

Jesus did not lie, he was without sin, so in claiming equality with God he was telling the truth. He is equal to God the Father as he is God the Son.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with Oneness is that they see the "Spirit" as being the One to relate to rather than the Son of God as the Bridegroom Himself. Most of their worship where the supernatural signs and wonders happens is centered on the "Holy Spirit by those visitations"; not the Son. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

I would be VERY careful implying the Oneness group is demonic and doesn't recognize Jesus, only the Spirit - another spirit. Have you ever read Romans 8:9?

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Paul used a parallelism in this verse. One clarifies the other. This is an example of one of the Semitic writing styles.

Just as a further example of parallelism, but off subject. Read Acts 4:33. This will tell you that Paul says grace is power (great power; great grace), just as he equated the Spirit of God with the Spirit of Christ.

And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

There we see grace turned from being unmerited favor (while we were yet sinners) to a noun with substance. This grace is how we are dead to sin; it is the power of God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For anyone who is not equal with God it would be, as the pharisees knew, blasphemy.
The only exception would be if the person claim equality with God, was equal to God.

Jesus did not lie, he was without sin, so in claiming equality with God he was telling the truth. He is equal to God the Father as he is God the Son.

That is true, even before He emptied Himself to became human.

What I could never understand, but it is coming clearer now, is when Jesus came back with Psalm 82:6 to the Pharisees. 6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

I'm not saying we are God, as Jesus is God, but I now understand in just the last two weeks that the seed of the Father in Jesus made him sinless even with Mary as His mother, and before He was baptized in the Spirit at His baptism by John the Baptist. And that is how we become "born of God" with a new nature also. Many in the Church fight against this truth. They cannot relate to 1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." That's about us! But for us, it happens when we are baptized in the Spirit and reborn, not from natural birth like Jesus whose Father was God.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is significant when I see Him lifting the sights of that man in seeing Him more than just a Good Teacher or a Good Master. Seeing how that man was the rich man seeking approval from Him in asking if there was not anything else he should do to enter into Heaven by.
fine, then go with that for now, but imo keep an open mind, bc imo Jesus was telling him exactly that; "Why are you (who cannot discern good from bad anyway) calling Me good? No one is good except theos ("those who cannot be reproached," for now)."

Exodus 7:1 Lexicon: Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I make you as God (elohim) to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.
Psalm 82:6 Lexicon: I said, "You are gods(elohim), And all of you are sons of the Most High. ("Most High" = Strong's Hebrew: 5945b. Elyon -- "high," a name of God, Elyon)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
His refusal to give up everything he has to the poor is signifying what would be required of all disciples when the Bridegroom comes
wait you mean you haven't done that yet?

wadr you might even reflect upon your logic here;
"i'll need all the help i can get relinquishing my earthly possessions when Jesus comes to literally take me by the hand and lead me to the Big Party in the Sky."
(as stated in the other thread)
?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All I'm saying is I AM TRINITARIAN for the reasons you stated. But I will not judge the Oneness group who sees all three in the body of Jesus and love Him. You can if you want, but make sure you don't have any planks in your eyes. You are setting yourself up to be judged by God who loves those you judge, or did you think God hates them? HH probably would be so arrogant, but I hope you have more fear of the Lord than He has shown in his countless witch hunts.
ha well you know what they say, "hope springs eternal" :)
ntmy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen...good post...well said.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
anyone insisting or teaching that "Jesus is God" has evil ends, and is working on an agenda
If that is really what you believe, why are you on a Christian forum? Only a Muslim would make such a remark. So evidently your agenda is to attack and undermine Bible truth.

For all Christians (other than cultists and apostates) Jesus is indeed God, and anyone who refuses to believe this cannot be saved. That is what Christ said: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins... Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (John 8:24,58).

"I AM" is the name of the one true God, the LORD [YHWH] God Almighty.

EXODUS 3
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe then, you don't believe in scripture you believe in your interpretations of the scripture, which I believe are two entirely different things. Jesus in Philippians 2:5 is shown that although he was in God form he would not at any time snatch at any thought that he was equal to God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irish farmers trying to understand the mysteries of the trinity.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Anyone teaching denying that Christ is God has an evil end, because Jesus had said that they will die in their sins unless they believe He is God.
so you say, but He did not, and i suggest that there are other defs for "I AM." Jesus was not playing coy there, but speaking to their perspective, ensuring that they would misunderstand.
That is what Christ said: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins... Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (John 8:24,58).

"I AM" is the name of the one true God, the LORD [YHWH] God Almighty.
very wise, ty
we could test your conviction here, but it would not go well for you i'm afraid
and it certainly wouldn't serve me

my meaning there is that you will make or have made statements that run counter to this belief in unguarded moments, and if you seek examples for this God can show you. And fwiw i am not immune either, if i went about making statements of belief as though they were Absolute Truth you could do the same to me

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
really i should not have said anything to this subject ok, and imo it is great that you guys believe Jesus is God for now.
Now then go and do what He told you to do, which you have not done, by your own mouth.
you are elohim too then, see

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
49For I have not spoken on My own, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a command as to what I should say and what I should speak.
50I know that His command is eternal life. So the things that I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

anyone insisting or teaching that "Jesus is God" has evil ends, and is working on an agenda

Dear, that statement is an uninformed statement - like not knowing the rest of the story.

First, do you believe that before Jesus was conceived He was the WORD? (John 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Do you know that the Word who was God really became Jesus? (John 1:14) And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Do you know that the Word became Jesus, and that it was Jesus who had created everything with God? (John 1:2-5) He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

This may be what you know about His deity:

Philippians 2:7 (NASB)

but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

...but may not know:

John 17:5

Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Just because the Word emptied Himself of all the attributes (His glory) of being God - omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent - to become human, so He could die for us as He bore our sins in His own body on the cross (the serpent on the pole 1 Peter 2:24), so we could be set free from sin, doesn't mean He wasn't once the Word and still was, and was the I AM of the burning bush, and isn't now God sitting at the right hand of the Father. He received His glory back.

Therefore, if the Word is God, and Jesus is the Word, then Jesus is God.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Therefore, if the Word is God, and Jesus is the Word, then Jesus is God.
yes, i am aware of the logic chain, and tbh it is not even the principle i object to, but the practices. Trinity doctrine is not used to include, but to exclude. The inference is that Jesus should be "worshipped" as in "ritually bowed down to," and the same bunch will of course be defining Jesus also; you will be required to worship the White Jesus, the Institutional Jesus. Iow Christ is crucified again.

Two Greeks came to worship Jesus, and He hid from them; and it takes a priest to break up Nehushtan.
These are not sermons that one ever gets in a congregation i guess

are you fam with Nehushtan at all? Know who he is?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is true, even before He emptied Himself to became human.

What I could never understand, but it is coming clearer now, is when Jesus came back with Psalm 82:6 to the Pharisees. 6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

I'm not saying we are God, as Jesus is God, but I now understand in just the last two weeks that the seed of the Father in Jesus made him sinless even with Mary as His mother, and before He was baptized in the Spirit at His baptism by John the Baptist. And that is how we become "born of God" with a new nature also. Many in the Church fight against this truth. They cannot relate to 1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." That's about us! But for us, it happens when we are baptized in the Spirit and reborn, not from natural birth like Jesus whose Father was God.

Oh dear the error of sinless perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.