Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, good, it is, Precious friend. Since I was saved, Purchased By
God's Own BLOOD, I also was "called Into Fellowship With my
SAVIOUR, The LORD JESUS CHRIST!"
(Acts 20 : 28; 1 Corinthians 1 : 9 KJB!)
Amen?

I studied prayerfully and Carefully and found a Few Passages For
The "Deity" of The Blessed Holy Spirit, Who Dwells within, And
Further Found Over 150 For The "Deity" Of The LORD JESUS CHRIST,
Also. Here are the First Few, And, Please Be Very Richly Blessed!:

Is The Holy Spirit God?: According To The Pure And Holy Scriptures!:

(A) The Holy Spirit Is The God That "Ananias And Sapphira lied to!"
(Acts 5 : 3-4 KJB!).

(B) The Holy Spirit IS The God That Raised JESUS CHRIST From The Dead!,
(Romans 8 : 9-11 cp 1 Corinthians 6 : 14; 2 Corinthians 4 : 14; 1 Peter 3 : 18)

(C) The Holy Spirit IS The Omnipresent God That Dwells IN All "believers,"
Being The "Blessed Teacher!," For: Understanding!
(Romans 8 : 9-11 cp 1 Corinthians 3 : 16, 6 : 19, 2 : 13!)

Is JESUS CHRIST The Almighty God? What Saith The Pure
And Holy Written WORD Of God, The SCRIPTURES?

The First 13 { of 150+ } SCRIPTURAL “Reasons” {Evidence!}
JESUS CHRIST Is Almighty God:

1) God Was Manifest In The Flesh! (1 Timothy 3 : 16)
JESUS CHRIST Was Manifest In The Flesh! (John 1 : 14)

2) JESUS CHRIST Is EMMANUEL
“interpreted = God With us!" (Matthew 1 : 21-23)

3) The SON, JESUS CHRIST Is Called
God, By HIS Own Father!
(Hebrews 1 : 8)

4) JESUS CHRIST Is Called
The Great God And Saviour!
(Titus 2 : 13)

5) JESUS CHRIST Is Called
The Mighty God!
(Isaiah 9 : 6 cp Jeremiah 32 : 18)

6) JESUS CHRIST Is Called
The True God And Eternal Life!
(1 John 5 : 20)

7) JESUS CHRIST Is Over All, God,
Blessed For Ever. Amen!
(Romans 9 : 5)

8) ALL the angels of God Worship HIM!
(Hebrews 1 : 6), therefore, It Is Impossible
for JESUS CHRIST to be = “Michael the archANGEL!”

Therefore, All The “Evidence” In The Pure And Holy WORD Of God
Plainly And Clearly Teaches All
“humble” students that:

JESUS CHRIST Is God Almighty! Amen?

9) JESUS CHRIST was WORSHIPPED!
(Matthew 2 : 11, 14 : 33, 28 : 9; Luke 24 : 52)

Not once did JESUS Say, "See thou do it not,"
as "an angel NOT to be worshipped," spoke
in Revelation 19 : 10, And, 22 : 8-9!

Since ONLY The LORD God is to be worshipped!
(Exodus 34 : 14; Psalms 29 : 2, 45 : 11, 86 : 9, et al;
Matthew 4 : 10; Luke 4 : 8; Revelation 22 : 9):

Holy SCRIPTURE Clearly Teaches us JESUS CHRIST Is God!

10) Every knee shall bow, and "every tongue"
shall confess to GOD!
(Romans 14 : 11; Isaiah 45 : 21-23).

The GOD "every tongue is confessing to,”
Is The LORD JESUS CHRIST! (Philippians 2 : 11)

To be continued...
Wouldn't it be better to discuss one or two things at a time rather than spew a gigantic smokescreen?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You think it easier to understand the nature of the God who created science than the science itself?
If we have seen Christ, we have seen both the Father and the Holy Spirit (who are both invisible). Jesus made the nature and character of God manifest to human beings. His life, His miracles, His words, His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension are all revelations of God. And He will also come to judge the world in righteousness. All of which means that Jesus is God, with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Just so that there would be no misunderstanding, God the Father plainly calls Him "God" (Theos) in Hebrews 1:8,9. Paul calls Him God in 1 Timothy 3:16. And Christ Himself says that He is "I AM" (from "I AM THAT I AM"). That was the personal name of God as revealed to Moses at the burning bush. That was also the name revealed to Christ's enemies by Himself, who were told that if they did not believe that He was "I AM" (who had existed before Abraham) they would die in their sins.

Reactions: charity

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot leave the Holy Spirit out of this. So God is one God, but eternally existent as three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. And all three were present at the baptism of Christ. Which means that this in not rocket science.
You are right, and it should be intertwined with the Father in the discussion, as it's his own Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!
Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!
Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!
Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied...

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!
Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!
11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Begotten MEANS made. Jesus is called the Christ, which means Messiah, which means Anointed. Jesus is Anointed by God and makes him NOT GOD.
Hello Wrangler,

With respect, 'begotten,' does not mean, 'made'. 'Begotten' refers to birth by a woman. The Lord Jesus Christ is God's only 'begotten' Son. There are created beings called 'sons of God', because 'made' by Him, such as angels, and even Adam: but only the Lord Jesus Christ came by the seed of the woman as prophesied in (Gen. 3:15).

In reference to the Deity of Christ, I suggest you consider, (Mat 1:23) 'Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.' (Isaiah 7:4 and Isaiah 8:8)

God has declared Him to be
'God with us', via the prophets of the Old Testament.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With respect, 'begotten,' does not mean, 'made'. 'Begotten' refers to birth by a woman.

Begotton certainly does mean made. Check your favorite lexicon. I've posted the definition numerous times. It has NOTHING to do with woman's birth canals but procreation, which is a form of creation, which is made.

The idea that Jesus was birthed by a woman but not made, not created, not procreated is preposterous!
Logic
Definition
Language Usage

It gets trinitarianism all the time. Usually at this point, trinitarians revert to dualism. Saying something to the effect of dual natures and this only applies to one aspect of this fully man's nature.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Wrangler,

With respect, 'begotten,' does not mean, 'made'. 'Begotten' refers to birth by a woman. The Lord Jesus Christ is God's only 'begotten' Son. There are created beings called 'sons of God', because 'made' by Him, such as angels, and even Adam: but only the Lord Jesus Christ came by the seed of the woman as prophesied in (Gen. 3:15).

In reference to the Deity of Christ, I suggest you consider, (Mat 1:23) 'Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.' (Isaiah 7:4 and Isaiah 8:8)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Charity, hello again. I have questions for you.

What do think E(I)mmanuel and its associated phrase 'God (is) with us.' actually means?

More to the point, how do these terms apply to the Son, and his Father, and to us?

Why was this specific name used?

And should this name be used for the Son today, instead of Jesus?

This last question is loaded Charity. It is my bottom line question. I hope you can provide the answer to it.

Thank you.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

APAK

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Begotten MEANS made. Jesus is called the Christ, which means Messiah, which means Anointed. Jesus is Anointed by God and makes him NOT GOD.
He is Emmanuel God with us= Humans, for our Salvation= Jesus. It's all about the Soul here, being connected to God. Such is foremost in life in abundance, outside of that one is lost, carnal like a Jew and not worthy of being a true Israelite as was regarded the light in Nathaniel, worthy of Jesus Christ.
Everything that is not worthy of Jesus Christ, just does not cut it. You must be truly born again and then you will understand how the 3 are as one the same but each different identity's, like a cake one may say in a way, not all cakes are the same but they still are cakes regardless of what one may claim.

I have seen JW etc make some outrageous claims on the Trinity that are out right the work of Satan. claiming that the 3 are identity's in themselves that are joined by Mans claims, No the 3 emanate from God in fact.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a comment, not replying to anyone's post. This subject is something I have argued with myself.. but I don't think God prays to himself. And our Lord and saviour prayed ALOT. Something to think about.
Blessings

Reactions: BroRando

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Wrangler,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

John 1:14 is an interesting read. "So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth." (John 1:14)

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (john 3:16)

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 1:14 is an interesting read. "So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth." (John 1:14)

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (john 3:16)
Hello @BroRando,

I love these verses, and those in 1 John1:1-3, where John refers to the wonder of the fact that they, the Lord's companions during his earthly ministry, had not only seen and heard Him, but had handled Him. Such physical intimacy that friends enjoy, they had known with the Lord of glory.

'That which was from the beginning,
.. which we have heard,
.... which we have seen with our eyes,
...... which we have looked upon,
........ and our hands have handled,
.......... concerning the Word of Life,
(for the Life was revealed,
.. and we have seen it and bear witness,
.... and show to you the everlasting Life,
...... Who was with the Father
........ and was revealed to us),'
that which we have seen and heard we declare unto you,
.. so that you also may have fellowship with us.
.... And truly our fellowship is with the Father
...... and with His Son Jesus Christ.'

* How privileged they were, weren't they? To have known our Lord in the flesh. How blessedly equipped they were to witness concerning Him, for they had been with Him from the beginning of His ministry, and had witnessed His death and resurrection, and had been in His presence for the 40 days following His resurrection ( Acts 1:3 ), during which they were taught by Him concerning the Kingdom of God, and then also witnessed His ascension (Acts 1:9-11). So they had physical knowledge of the Lord's risen form, that He was indeed not a 'spirit', but flesh and bones, and they had eaten and drunk with Him (Luke 24:39 & Luke 24:41-49).

John was also entrusted with the care of Mary, the Lord's Mother, and would possibly have heard from her the things that were hidden in her heart concerning the Lord as a child (Luke 2:19 & Luke 2:51).

Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Charity, hello again.

I have questions for you.

What do think E(I)mmanuel and its associated phrase 'God (is) with us.' actually means?
More to the point, how do these terms apply to the Son, and his Father, and to us?
Why was this specific name used?
And should this name be used for the Son today, instead of Jesus?

This last question is loaded Charity. It is my bottom line question.
I hope you can provide the answer to it.

Thank you.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
APAK
'And as he (Joseph) thought upon these things,
.. behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream,
.... saying, Joseph, son of David,
...... do not fear to take to you Mary as your wife.
........ For that in her is fathered of the Holy Spirit.
.......... And she shall bear a son,
............ and you shall call His name JESUS:
.............. for He shall save His people from their sins.
Now all this happened
.. so that might be fulfilled that which was spoken of the LORD
.... by the prophet, saying,
...... "Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son.
........ And they will call His name Emmanuel,"
.......... which being interpreted is, God with us.'

(Matthew 1:20-23)

Hello @APAK,

I am sorry to have missed this post of yours, I believe I saw it at the time you posted it, but was distracted.

The questions you ask are answered in the words of Matthew 1:20-21, For the interpretation of the name Emmanuel is given there, which is, 'God with us'. I believe it can be understood to mean that the baby born to Mary would be 'God with us'. God would be with them in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Equally, when the gospel of God concerning His Son, is received and believed, then God the Holy Spirit indwells us in the form of the new nature that we receive, and our fellowship is with the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with Christ Jesus our risen Lord, by the Spirit.

Joseph was told to name the baby born to Mary, 'Jesus,' which means, 'Saviour', for He would save His People from their sins: so, no, he should not now be called, 'Emmanuel': but should continue to bear the name He was given at birth; for that role of 'Saviour' still continues during this age of grace.

The words 'God with us' are used time and again within the Old Testament Scriptures, for God was indeed 'with' His People Israel. The Holy Spirit tells us that the words of Isaiah 7:14, 'Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel,.' are being fulfilled by the virgin birth, regardless of their original usage, and it is not for us to question that, for this is His word written.

Thank you,
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: HisLife

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus speak and claim he was divine, let alone God Almighty? A clear resounding No! This something to ponder over.

Jesus said in plain view he was the son of man and never a divine being.

Can we believe scripture or not, or shall we believe in several noted early writers that provided their own opinions and concluded for Jesus Christ, that he was not only divine, but also God himself? Is there a dilemma here?

These early writers evidently had a real impact into the 4th century when Constantine and the bishops voted that Jesus was indeed God and divine?

Image you are a visitor from Mars with much more intellect and led by the spirit of God. You lay all this data out in front of you to search for the truth of Jesus the Lord and Savior from Earth. Would you conclude and side with these mentioned early writers or the God-breathed words of God?

Is it that most people, including these early writers wanted to believe that for Jesus to succeed n his mission on earth and never sin he MUST HAVE BEEN GOD and then is GOD TODAY, even though it does not make any sense at all. Is Jesus in heaven today God Almighty or not? We cannot change our minds if we said he was GOD on earth and then say he is not now. He is at the right side of God Almighty is he not? So how do we reconcile this apparent dilemma?

Is this logical scriptural thinking?

Once a lie or err is introduced even well-intentioned, it grows with more forced errors to support the base lie.

My thinking and logic is, it went down as at least a six-layered structure of errors with a lot of frosting built on sand:

1. The early writers were in error about Jesus and gave their personal opinions about what they thought Jesus was, his nature. Once this error gained momentum it eventually gained official approval as fact, especially by the 4th century.

Since then, it (Jesus = God) had to be defended with a vengeance for the credibility of the entire fledgling religious movement.

2. So, the supporters of this err had to invent the concept of incarnation to say God birthed himself into a human being. A wild concept. Sounds pagan.

3. Then the concept of hypostasis was invented to now say Jesus was both divine and human, the fusing of two natures as one spirit.

Now they had to glue it somehow to scripture to give it the appearance as truth.

4. They had to find some part of scripture as its touchstone of their newly acquired lie. They forced a new meaning into John 1:1-2 and the FIRST part of John 1:14 to add a new secondary meaning for the Greek word ‘logos.’ In all scripture ‘logos’ has one consistent meaning: it has always meant a kind of plan, logic, or purpose and never a person, let alone Jesus. Check it out for yourself. Yes, Jesus is called the ‘word of God’ in a couple of places in scripture, although this simply means he was the instrument to execute and complete the ‘plan’ logos of salvation originated by God.

5. Then, because of this third tiered lie, they had to now say Jesus preexisted at the beginning of time, I guess.

6. Then because of the first 5 structured lies, more lies in the form of many, many writings and sermons are still finishing this structure today. They are just window dressings composed of many cherry-picked scriptures and blind interpretations to clue the entire structure together and make it look more credible, enticing and pleasing to the hears and eyes.

The structure of the lie that Jesus = God will all coming crashing down all in good time. It will not stand because it does not hold up as truth. It is a profound and brazen lie.

Jesus was the only born believer in God because God Almighty really conceived him, with Mary. God was surely with him and thus us! That is what Emmanuel means by the way. It does not naively mean Jesus = God, as most probably the early writer thought.

Jesu was the last Adam and the first of the new creation of believers of God. Why do you think the spirit of Christ and truth was given to us? Do you think the spirit of Christ would be given to us if Jesus = God? Not! We are conforming to the image of Christ not God Almighty. It is impossible to confirm to the exact image of God! Jesus was the closest in his power and life. Jesus is the closest to God’s power in heaven. God Almighty had to bring the spirit of Christ to us. Christ could not do it alone. He ‘rode down’/used the spirit of God to get to our human hearts.

We as believers partake of the divine nature OF GOD ONLY, during our lives, THROUGH the spirit of Christ that already has divinity OF GOD in him. Jesus partakes of the spirit of DIVINITY today, so that we can partake of the same spirit of DIVINITY THROUGH him only. There is no other way. The source of divinity is and has always been from God Almighty, not Jesus. Jesus is the 1st layer user of the spiritual power of God. We as believers are the 2nd layer users, drawing off this same spiritual power through Christ.

A decent analogy is like the main grid and source of power is God Almighty. Jesus is the 1st layer of power manipulation as the step-down transformer system on the poles or on the ground to our homes. We are the home users, the users of the 2nd layer of power manipulation, drawing power off these transformers.

Jesus partook of the divinity and nature of the spirit of God since he was conceived, and then as the Christ, he possessed the ‘full’ suit of power of God after his baptism.

This is how Jesus, the Christ never sinned and completed his mission, with the power of God Almighty. He could not have succeeded without his Father, God Almighty.

People of little faith is apparently not a dated phenomenon.

What say you?

Peace and love out!

(Deu 6:4) “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
(Deu 6:5) You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
(Deu 6:6) And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. (ALL ESV)

Bless you,

APAK

Jesus never claimed to be god the Father, but freely admitted He was god- the son.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never claimed to be god the Father, but freely admitted He was god- the son.
In your dreams, and you must know this already.

I even would be very skeptical if you claimed Jesus/Yahshua is the Messiah with that silly comment you just made, as you believe in an unbiblical monster for the human Saviour. You say he is truly God the Son. I say he is truly the Son of living God AND the Son of Man. You must stick to your unscriptural God the Son and praise your god, and you can then never say he is also the Son of Man and the Son of God. If you believe you can still call Yahshua the Son of God and the Son of Man and God the Son, you might consider checking into a home for the spiritually insane. Maybe you have already? They are quiet popular you know. Just go the the nearest brick and mortar Trinity home down the street. You'll find many that speaka your language mate. I wonder if having the wrong Messiah means you also do not have the Father and the Son as it says in 2 John 22-23?

Do you deny the Son? You must, because you say he is God the Son. And then do you have the Father and the Son? Notice, John never says God the Holy Spirit in this critical area of scripture. And why do you think this is then? Because there is only God, the Father and his Son. The Holy Spirit is actually of the Father himself. This Trinity chaos does not go well with scripture, including the verses I just mentioned. You have to go into denial or deflect or add some other silly response to save face. And you can NEVER answer my questions directly posed here? It is impossible as long as you hold on to your monstrous pagan Triune God of 3 personalities. You mock scripture because you either really are too spiritually-challenged to realize it, or you do not care.

Happy trails....

APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In your dreams, and you must know this already ... Notice, John never says God the Holy Spirit

This is where the trinitarian delusion is so strong. They have convinced themselves to contort all things to support their doctrine, even when totally illogical. It's like those global warming fanatics who hold all evidence supports the theory. Temperatures go up, global warming. Temperatures go down, that too is global warming!

Here we see acceptance of converses. Hillary of Arkansas is NOT Arkansas of Hillary. Hunter is not Joe. The Son of Joe is not Joe. Everyone know "father" and "son" refers to 2 different beings. So, they just make these mystical claims that are as ridiculous as they are unscriptural (meaning NOT an explicit teaching of Scripture. They must stretch Biblically 'supported' to the point of ludicrous.)

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where the trinitarian delusion is so strong. They have convinced themselves to contort all things to support their doctrine, even when totally illogical. It's like those global warming fanatics who hold all evidence supports the theory. Temperatures go up, global warming. Temperatures go down, that too is global warming!

Here we see acceptance of converses. Hillary of Arkansas is NOT Arkansas of Hillary. Hunter is not Joe. The Son of Joe is not Joe. Everyone know "father" and "son" refers to 2 different beings. So, they just make these mystical claims that are as ridiculous as they are unscriptural (meaning NOT an explicit teaching of Scripture. They must stretch Biblically 'supported' to the point of ludicrous.)
Right on...if all fails they play the word association switch game....

I think I'll start answering these folks with associated scripture and force their words down their throats. They need to taste what they eat and believe in. And for me to inject their God the Holy Spirit where suitable and appropriate.

They can never answer it or explain that ALL the writers never spelt out the Holy Spirit as some separate being or personality from the Father, because they ALL knew the Spirit of purity and divinity was always intrinsically of the Father already. Thee writers would have laughed or blasted anyone who would have said the Son was equal with the Father and his divine composition of Spirit.

Blessings,

APAK

Reactions: Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.