Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isn't there only one God???
If Jesus is God then why would he be praying to God in the garden of Gethsemane?

Words can be taken metaphorically but actions cannot...
The actions of Christ here tells us that he is praying to another entity... The Lord

Reactions: Wrangler and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is God then why would he be praying to God in the garden of Gethsemane?

The actions of Christ here tells us that he is praying to another entity... The Lord
You are correct here, although 'most' are taught to believe otherwise....a mystery indeed

Reactions: Cristo Rei

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your choice.
So let me be clear, you are a Bi-une ( 1 god of a duality, of 2 persons - the Father and the Son) believer. And the scripture you gave me supports this concept then? If this is the case I will response will not necessarily your verses only. You must know that the scripture you gave me surely won't cut the mustard, IMO

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette here's my commentary of your 2nd verse you sent me as your support for the Trinity

John 5:23 Commentary

"Whoever does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who sent him."

Notice right away that there is a distinction drawn between the two subjects in the verse. The Father and the Son. There is a clear and common distinction made. There is no qualification made right before or right after it to define who is the Father or the Son, because it has already been established in many verses especially in the Book of John. And that is, the Son is always subordinate to the Father.

And so in the second attempt to try and make this a Trinitarian verse, its followers of a superhuman, godlike divine Son will target the word 'honour.' It does not mean worship however.

The Greek word for honor here is ‘timosi.’ If one wants to dispute that it really means worship, then in Acts 28:10 Christians were also worshipped using the same Greek word 'timosi.' And that would not be the case at all.

Further, from the Thayer’s Lexicon: to honor, to have in honor, to revere, venerate.

Christians as well as the Christ and the Father are all honored at the appropriate time and place. The Father is the only one however to be truly worshipped.

Reactions: Wrangler

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ReChoired what do you mean in John 1:18 when you say "...but the Son was seen"? This does not mean that the Son is divine at all. The Son declared the Father whilst he was on earth. Nothing more nothing less. By the Sons' own words and actions he revealed his Father to everyone. What are you seeing into this verse that I obviously cannot see?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because He took on the form of a servant. How could He "take on" a form, if He were not already in another form?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus speak and claim he was divine, let alone God Almighty? A clear resounding No! This something to ponder over.
Here's something to ponder.

Thomas worshiped Jesus as God. Jesus did not stop him, but accepted that worship. If Jesus were not God, this is blasphemy.

Just something to think about.

Personally, I find these matters which others make to be so convoluted - 800+ posts - to be so very simple. If Jesus is righteous, He will not receive worship that is not due Him.

When Herod did that he was struck with worms and died. But for Jesus, all the world for 2000+ years has been told this happened, and it's OK.

Much love!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because He took on the form of a servant. How could He "take on" a form, if He were not already in another form?

Much love!

So is Jesus is not God then. His the son or servant or prophet of God. Otherwise he would have to pray to God as we do

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is Jesus is not God then. His the son or servant or prophet of God. Otherwise he would have to pray to God as we do
Jesus is God Incarnate. He "took on" the form of a servant. To take on a form, you have to already be.

Much love!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What surprises me is that the RCC invented this term "trinity" and they admit they can't explain it...
2,000 years later we have people claiming to understand it when the logic being used is really flawed...
God prayed to himself... Like whaaaat...
Makes no sense... Your better off just saying its a mystery like the RCC does instead of using logic as faulty as that

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, his (W)word(s) is/are his expression(s) or inner voice from his will, mind, within his Spirit. They cannot be separated.

Right And Jesus is the Word of God, So Jesus been the Word of God Has to be of the Father? and therefore is God, From your definition either Jesus is God or he would have to be another Word? And Jesus Having the title of truth that rules out there been another any other option than

John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Genesis 1 teaches that the world was created by the spoken word of God. So when God determined to create the universe and everything in it, He "spoke" it into existence. John 3 says Jesus was the One who made all things, Therefore Jesus is God's logos (spoken Word.)

Genesis 1:1 God said let there be light John 8:12 says Jesus spoke again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

and the Word came flesh and dwelt among us...etc

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then who is he praying to? Himself?
The Father.

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Seriously, how can Jesus be righteous if He receives worship as God if He is not God? That makes no sense to me. In fact, I see it to be definitive.

Much love!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Father.

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Seriously, how can Jesus be righteous if He receives worship as God if He is not God? That makes no sense to me. In fact, I see it to be definitive.

Much love!

His praying to the Father. A separate entity

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From your definition either Jesus is God or he would have to be another Word?
Not true at all. It is neither of your options. That is the way you understand it, not I. It is still the same source and voice of the Father that the Son echoes.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Not true at all. It is neither of your options. That is the way you understand it, not I. It is still the same source and voice of the Father that the Son echoes.

No echoes in the bible, Just Brightness and Glory. Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's something to ponder.

Thomas worshiped Jesus as God. Jesus did not stop him, but accepted that worship. If Jesus were not God, this is blasphemy.
This is your pure speculation and taking liberties with scripture as you usually do on this type of subject.

How can you still say Thomas worshipped Jesus as God Almighty. That is so ridiculous as if it came from a child that lacks wisdom.

And then you said Jesus never stopped him. What an imagination. This statement is even more rubbish.

In John 20:24 the other disciples said to Thomas they saw the Master. They never mentioned worshipping him as the Father, God Almighty. Then when Jesus appeared a week later to all the disciples, why would Thomas be the only one trying to worship the Master as God Almighty. And John never mentioned that the others did the same. Why not? John evidentially wrote to mean another reality than you own creative fantasy Trinity one.

Thomas was acknowledging that Jesus was indeed his true Master who lived again only because of his Father's power. And this is consistent in the writings of John, if you care to read it. Romans 1:4 has direct applicability with John 20:28

Romans 1:4

“And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:” (KJV)

Meaning..........

The Father, the God of Christ, the Son of God, was raised by his power, his Spirit. NOT THE SON'S POWER. Yahshua had NONE!! He would be still dead in his grave if it was not for the Father's Spirit and power!

Again, for the nth time, Thomas was acknowledging the power of his Father that raised his Master. Thomas knew this was foretold, but did not believe it until he saw....

Marks, you need to study scripture and get rid of your 3 gods in 3 persons imprint that is hard-wired to your brain. Cut the cord, NOW! ..and be free...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No echoes in the bible, Just Brightness and Glory. Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Now you are really being irrelevant mate. I hope you understand what you just wrote?

Try seeing the context a little by reviewing verses 1 and 2 first.

They say it was “God” who spoke through prophets and through His Son, it is clear that God, his Father is the prime mover and thus different from the Son. These verses show that the Son is subordinate to God and, as a “mouthpiece” for God, is compared to the prophets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.