Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Way, (to God)

For some reason, logic, definition and language usage escapes trinitarians. The above sentence separates the journey (Jesus as the Way) with the destination (God). How you still consider these equivalent is a remarkable mind trick worthy of the Jedi Order.

The title of Jesus is Christ. This is the Hebrew word for the Greek Messiah (or vica verse). It means "Anointed." This is a past tense action word. Who does the action? God. Jesus is acted upon, anointed by God. Just another way to know he is not God.

Jesus is also called Son of God. Using logic, definition and language usage this expression also informs us Jesus is not God. The same with Hunter. The Son of Joe is not Joe.

If his title mean, not 'God is with us,' but 'God incarnate,' that would be different. What is absent is very revealing from Scripture. Pause to reflect on the fact that the trinity is not in the Bible. Consider the reason it is so important, it is not mentioned once by Biblical authors could be that they did not believe in the trinity. Rather consider how the Apostles equated the Father alone with God alone.

And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
Psalm 89:26

“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 20:17

For us, there is one God, the Father
1 Corinthians 8:6

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
2 Corinthians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2

May God our Father give you grace and peace.
Colossians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 & 2 Thessalonians 1:1

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
1 & 2 Timothy 1:2

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.
Titus 1:4

Philemon 1:3

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”
God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.
Hebrews 1:5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring
James 1:27

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy.
1 Peter 1:2

when he received honor and glory from God the Father.
2 Peter 1:17

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 (NOTE: Again no reference to the HS)

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father
2 John 1:3

He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father.
Revelation 1:6

The trinity is a 4th century man-made construct.

Reactions: APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd to find verses like this, which separates Jesus from God and identifies God in his unitarian nature. IF the Apostles thought Jesus were God incarnate, they would never write such sentences.

27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.)
1 Corinthians 15:27 (NLT)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep your views, but your efforts to change the minds of the Trinitarian are futile. Don't waste your time. Certainly the Almighty God has not ordained you to do such a thing. Maybe it was someone ekse?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well the way you said it I agree personally with it all.....

Ironically however I still do not get how you believe that Christ is God Almighty...I get that the Father is the Almighty only and the Son is just that, not the boss, he is Christ and our Lord as our Christ only.....

As scripture is clear, Christ is the (only) mediator between God (Father) and you and me.....and as you said, the Spirit of Christ is this mediating spirit within you and me.
Jesus Christ is not the Father clearly but he is to us one in the same because he is (Emmanuel God with us) no one can come to the Father but through his only begotten Son.
Without Jesus Christ one does not know the Father.
As to God ? humans are only interested in their own position in regards to God, outside of this is nonsense.
Jesus said that he was the God of the living and not the God of the dead ? so we understand his position is to do with us and our Soul.
Jesus is not about the dead, he is about the Life, he gives one Life in abundance, that's the Gift. other than that one is lost to delusions, much like a dog that chases it's tail or is just barking up the wrong tree. Such a life is nonsense ! not to mention just madness, or like a mutt a mongrel dog. a bastard ? a Curse to all ? because such a one is a curse.

Without the Holy Spirit one is dead to God, a mutt.
Without one abiding in Jesus Christ ones so called God is not God at all. they are just peddling a god and other gods Idols ! Mans works is dog cunning.

Look at all them poor bastards in Jesus days that lacked faith in Him, they were truly all only bastards in fact lost to mans works. only they who were truly worthy of the title Israelites had faith in him and when Jesus Christ went to Heaven they seen what Jesus said that Nathaniel would see. yep they were truly born again.

Nowadays we see Mans works madness manifesting all around us like a curse that such truly is worthy of bastards for sure who are nothing better than the Nazis or Communist at heart to be truthful, I know their works, they are deranged creeps abortion on demand anyone ? need I say more. I could go on and on with the creep show that is coming year after year such only festers more and more. who would of thought 30 years ago that the world would degenerate to the depths that it has.
People fear to speak out ! due to the malice that such will bring on themselves or family.

Who speaks out against Malice ! such is not even on the cards nowadays, but what is the biggest issues of todays trendsetters, all of it is just nonsense smoke and mirrors and pathetic BS dressed up as their gods that they idolise such filth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:28 the Lord is with Mary!

who is this Lord???

There are many lords in the Bible but only one Creator, the LORD God. (lowercase refers to a master. CAPITAL refers to the one and only Creator)

In this year's devotional reading, I've taken up the NSRV Cultural Bible. It won the 2017 Bible of the Year when it came out. I am recording the various lords identified and am over 15 even though I have not read 1/2 the OT yet. Even servants of lords are called lord.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many lords in the Bible but only one Creator, the LORD God. (lowercase refers to a master. CAPITAL refers to the one and only Creator)

In this year's devotional reading, I've taken up the NSRV Cultural Bible. It won the 2017 Bible of the Year when it came out. I am recording the various lords identified and am over 15 even though I have not read 1/2 the OT yet. Even servants of lords are called lord.

kjv has capital

lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

So does that refer to Jesus?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke1:28b: Mary was carrying the one spoken of in Luke 1:32-33

Can you find a real tough one? :cool:

carrying as in pregnant no
Verse 28 was before her miraculous conception of Jesus

but you think here the Lord with her is Jesus?
Capital L Lord as in God?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

So does that refer to Jesus?

No. The LORD can directly be lord over others or delegate that burden. Mostly, he delegates. So, while the LORD can be a lord, other lords cannot be the LORD.

It's like rectangles and squares. :)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow! Language usage is not your strength. Many companies and countries have president's. If you are referring to a particular leader, the general noun becomes a proper noun as in President Trump. The same with Lord Vader. Lord Voldemort. Lord Cornwallis.

When the entire word is capitalized, it's Greek equivalent is Adonai, which is the unique Creator, almighty God, the LORD of Heaven's Armies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The LORD can directly be lord over others or delegate that burden. Mostly, he delegates. So, while the LORD can be a lord, other lords cannot be the LORD.

It's like rectangles and squares. :)

so if it’s not Jesus it must refer to God?
How is it that God is with Mary!
And not the other way around

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so if it’s not Jesus it must refer to God?

No. Not all non-squares are rectangles.

How is it that God is with Mary!
And not the other way around

It is a non-literal expression meaning you have his support or it is on your side. This is what Darth Vader said to Luke, “The Force is with you, young Skywalker.”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Not all non-squares are rectangles.

It is a non-literal expression meaning you have his support or it is on your side. This is what Darth Vader said to Luke, “The Force is with you, young Skywalker.”

Next

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God have the commandments only God can change them!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
carrying as in pregnant no
Verse 28 was before her miraculous conception of Jesus

Come on now have you limited spiritual vision?

'The Lord is with you' is NOT the best translation. The more precise translation from the Greek is, 'The Lord (shall) (be) with thee (or you).' The future tense, not present tense. This was the more common form of salutation. 'They' should not have changed it!!!...:mad: I'm glad you questioned my answer here. The salutation was USUALLY one of hope and not assurance of expectation. There were some of assurance eventhough still said in the future tense. They hoped the LORD would be with them. Only a few could say that the LORD was really with them at the time they spoke these words.....this topic should be a separate thread....

Mary would be carrying the Lord within hours or days. I can see why you pounced on my present tense version. I was getting ahead of myself. It was not a big deal at all as you can see. This salutation here however is one not of hope, but assurance of imminence expectation of the Lord to be literally with Mary, to carry the Lord in the very, very near future.

Notice that Mary was very disturbed by the words of the angel - SHE WAS DISTURBED BY THE SALUTION ONLY, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A COMMON ONE given to ANYONE. Can you hear the angel saying to Mary the Lord shall or be with thee...what!!! What Lord (Master), she most probably thought. She would not have reacted with alarm if the angel said the greeting was from God, YHWH, the LORD. This could be common.

The angel had to restate it again in a not so cryptic language.

The angel amplified who the Lord or Master, Mary shall be with or know. She did not know at this point about her pregnancy with the Lord...
Luke 1:29-33:

"Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.
But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus.
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,
and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end."

It was a very unique although an appropriate greeting wouldn't you say? It has a double meaning if you understood my words.

In the OT take Ruth 2:4 for example,

"Just then Boaz arrived from Bethlehem and greeted the harvesters, "The LORD be with you!" "The LORD bless you!" they answered.

It was the LORD or YHWH in this OT verse.

And the Lord is Yahshua, his Son, in this verse under study.:cool:

It is common practice although not consistent to use Lord as Yahshua and LORD as YHWH, his Father.

And of course Mary's conception of the Lord was a miracle from the LORD, the Most High, YHWH, his Father.

APAK

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on now have you limited spiritual vision?

'The Lord is with you' is NOT the best translation. The more precise translation from the Greek is, 'The Lord (shall) (be) with thee (or you).' The future tense, not present tense. This was the more common form of salutation. 'They' should not have changed it!!!...:mad: I'm glad you questioned by answer here. The salutation was USUALLY one of hope and not assurance of expectation. There were some of assurance eventhough still said in the future tense. They hoped the LORD would be with them. Only a few could say that the LORD was really with them at the time they spoke these words.....this topic should be a separate thread....

Mary would be carrying the Lord within hours or days. I can see why you pounced on my present tense version. I was getting ahead of myself. It was not a big deal at all as you can see. This salutation here however is one not of hope, but assurance of imminence expectation of the Lord to be literally with Mary, to carry the Lord in the very, very near future.

Notice that Mary was very disturbed by the words of the angel - SHE WAS DISTURBED BY THE SALUTION ONLY, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A COMMON ONE given to ANYONE. Can you hear the angel saying to Mary the Lord shall or be with thee...what!!! What Lord (Master), she most probably thought. She would not have reacted with alarm if the angel said the greeting was from God, YHWH, the LORD. This could be common.

The angel had to restate it again in a not so cryptic language.

The angel amplified who the Lord or Master, Mary shall be with or know. She did not know at this point about her pregnancy with the Lord...
Luke 1:29-33:

"Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.
But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus.
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,
and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end."

It was a very unique although an appropriate greeting wouldn't you say? It has a double meaning if you understood my words.

In the OT take Ruth 2:4 for example,

"Just then Boaz arrived from Bethlehem and greeted the harvesters, "The LORD be with you!" "The LORD bless you!" they answered.

It was the LORD or YHWH in this OT verse.

And the Lord is Yahshua, his Son, in this verse under study.:cool:

It is common practice although not consistent to use Lord as Yahshua and LORD as YHWH, his Father.

And of course Mary's conception of the Lord was a miracle from the LORD, the Most High, YHWH, his Father.

APAK

yes Lk 1:49 indicate the immaculate conception of Mary inner mothers womb and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the HS in Mary!

do the Lord is Jesus and that makes Jesus God, Lord God almighty!

lk 1:37

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next

jMatt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God have the commandments only God can change them!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes Lk 1:49 indicate the immaculate conception of Mary inner mothers womb and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the HS in Mary!

do the Lord is Jesus and that makes Jesus God, Lord God almighty!

lk 1:37
No to both of your statements. Are you sure you meant Luke 1:49...there is no immaculate spotless conception of Mary..where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.