Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow where did the thought pop in you head....when you said "but that does not mean He does not have an absolute divine nature!"

So this verse means the divine nature of Christ...WOW...you know you are hard-wired to think this way on any type of verse like this one don't you? YOU have just proved it with your words.

So just cut to the chase and come out and say it already, you believe 'honor' means worship of deity. How ignorant is your thinking. As I said already, the verse in question does not have worship in it at all. You just cannot discriminate between the two different words and their meanings. Once you recognize the difference, then many, just maybe you can understand scripture. Until that time, you will tread in the mud in utter confusion, and stamp your selected scripture with you triune god.

Who ever suggested that anyone else besides God, the Father is worshipped. I never did. He is the only only one who is truly worshipped. But you went off topic deliberately and avoided the very verse of the posts. IT's about HONOR - NOT WOSHIP!!

And again READ the verse about honor, reverence, respect etc, as being quite DIFFERENT from worship. Can you UNDERSTAND the DIFFERENCE here? You just cannot just arbitrarily substitute the Greek word for honor in your mind and MAKE IT MEAN WORSHIP!

You have a very closed simplistic mind to scripture and its interpretation...that's all I can say.

yes, let's look at the entire verse again as if that matters to you because you will automatically disregard any context.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 5 is about HONORing the SON and NOT JUST the FATHER ...it introduces the significance of the Son, as being the judge of people and not the Father....so we should give HONOR to the SON here, in this regard.it is not speaking of worship here....

Now it goes without saying, honoring of the Father and the Son is at a level more personal and greater and than say to an elder or a person in the service of the Father or the Son as scripture clearly shows.

Wowo and you are hard wired to reject the very nature of Jesus.

Before I answer this post of yours please tell me; Who or what was Jesus before His incarnation? Was he God as John 1:1 says? Was he an angel? Cherub? Seraph? some other being not stated in Scripture? what do you say about Jesus before He became man? Who or what was he?

I take my answers straight from Sripture, so please defend yours from Scripture.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wowo and you are hard wired to reject the very nature of Jesus.

Before I answer this post of yours please tell me; Who or what was Jesus before His incarnation? Was he God as John 1:1 says? Was he an angel? Cherub? Seraph? some other being not stated in Scripture? what do you say about Jesus before He became man? Who or what was he?

I take my answers straight from Sripture, so please defend yours from Scripture.
You do not know scripture. You infuse pagan ideas from the traditions of men to say you know scripture. You are delusional.

Incarnation is fiction, and not in scripture. Where are your spasmic set words for Yahshua as angels coming from?

If you read about Yahshua in scripture, without adding in man-made ideas, you will find he was created a human being and never existed before that time, except of course in the mind and plans of his Father before the foundations of the earth; as believers we are also known before our own births.

You do not understand John 1:1 at all. You know if you look at John 1:14b you will clearly read that the glory given to Yahshua was from the Father, not from himself as that is ridiculous. It is the SAME glory given to Yahshua in John 17:5 etc. This was his FIRST glorification (his resurrection) because he never existed in spirit and form before that time.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not know scripture. You infuse pagan ideas from the traditions of men to say you know scripture. You are delusional.

Incarnation is fiction, and not in scripture. Where are your spasmic set words for Yahshua as angels coming from?

If you read about Yahshua in scripture, without adding in man-made ideas, you will find he was created a human being and never existed before that time, except of course in the mind and plans of his Father before the foundations of the earth; as believers we are also known before our own births.

You do not understand John 1:1 at all. You know if you look at John 1:14b you will clearly read that the glory given to Yahshua was from the Father, not from himself as that is ridiculous. It is the SAME glory given to Yahshua in John 17:5 etc. This was his FIRST glorification (his resurrection) because he never existed in spirit and form before that time.

Well I will take my knowledge of Scripture over yours any day!

John 1:1
King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 19:11-13
King James Version

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Philippians 2:6-7
King James Version

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Genesis 1:26
King James Version

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Without using any mystical allegorical reinterpretations as you do I see jesus existing in heaven as God prior to His incarnation. His name wasd and is the Word of God and in creation Elohim (plural) said let US.

So the God head was responsible in creation! As three separate individuals who form th eone God!

Sorry but Jesus existed as a unique form or entity and God with HIs Father! and if you ever had bothered to study Greek grammar of Scripture thyen John 1:1 aqll by itself would have convinced you Jesus was already in existence prior ot creation.

Not as a thought, or attribute or concept or idea, but as God the son. as Scripture says in phil 2 and the terms elohim, adonai attest to and also the fact He is also called Yahweh!

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
Did Jesus speak and claim he was divine, let alone God Almighty? A clear resounding No! This something to ponder over.

Jesus said in plain view he was the son of man and never a divine being.

Can we believe scripture or not, or shall we believe in several noted early writers that provided their own opinions and concluded for Jesus Christ, that he was not only divine, but also God himself? Is there a dilemma here?

These early writers evidently had a real impact into the 4th century when Constantine and the bishops voted that Jesus was indeed God and divine?

Image you are a visitor from Mars with much more intellect and led by the spirit of God. You lay all this data out in front of you to search for the truth of Jesus the Lord and Savior from Earth. Would you conclude and side with these mentioned early writers or the God-breathed words of God?

Is it that most people, including these early writers wanted to believe that for Jesus to succeed n his mission on earth and never sin he MUST HAVE BEEN GOD and then is GOD TODAY, even though it does not make any sense at all. Is Jesus in heaven today God Almighty or not? We cannot change our minds if we said he was GOD on earth and then say he is not now. He is at the right side of God Almighty is he not? So how do we reconcile this apparent dilemma?

Is this logical scriptural thinking?

Once a lie or err is introduced even well-intentioned, it grows with more forced errors to support the base lie.

My thinking and logic is, it went down as at least a six-layered structure of errors with a lot of frosting built on sand:

1. The early writers were in error about Jesus and gave their personal opinions about what they thought Jesus was, his nature. Once this error gained momentum it eventually gained official approval as fact, especially by the 4th century.

Since then, it (Jesus = God) had to be defended with a vengeance for the credibility of the entire fledgling religious movement.

2. So, the supporters of this err had to invent the concept of incarnation to say God birthed himself into a human being. A wild concept. Sounds pagan.

3. Then the concept of hypostasis was invented to now say Jesus was both divine and human, the fusing of two natures as one spirit.

Now they had to glue it somehow to scripture to give it the appearance as truth.

4. They had to find some part of scripture as its touchstone of their newly acquired lie. They forced a new meaning into John 1:1-2 and the FIRST part of John 1:14 to add a new secondary meaning for the Greek word ‘logos.’ In all scripture ‘logos’ has one consistent meaning: it has always meant a kind of plan, logic, or purpose and never a person, let alone Jesus. Check it out for yourself. Yes, Jesus is called the ‘word of God’ in a couple of places in scripture, although this simply means he was the instrument to execute and complete the ‘plan’ logos of salvation originated by God.

5. Then, because of this third tiered lie, they had to now say Jesus preexisted at the beginning of time, I guess.

6. Then because of the first 5 structured lies, more lies in the form of many, many writings and sermons are still finishing this structure today. They are just window dressings composed of many cherry-picked scriptures and blind interpretations to clue the entire structure together and make it look more credible, enticing and pleasing to the hears and eyes.

The structure of the lie that Jesus = God will all coming crashing down all in good time. It will not stand because it does not hold up as truth. It is a profound and brazen lie.

Jesus was the only born believer in God because God Almighty really conceived him, with Mary. God was surely with him and thus us! That is what Emmanuel means by the way. It does not naively mean Jesus = God, as most probably the early writer thought.

Jesu was the last Adam and the first of the new creation of believers of God. Why do you think the spirit of Christ and truth was given to us? Do you think the spirit of Christ would be given to us if Jesus = God? Not! We are conforming to the image of Christ not God Almighty. It is impossible to confirm to the exact image of God! Jesus was the closest in his power and life. Jesus is the closest to God’s power in heaven. God Almighty had to bring the spirit of Christ to us. Christ could not do it alone. He ‘rode down’/used the spirit of God to get to our human hearts.

We as believers partake of the divine nature OF GOD ONLY, during our lives, THROUGH the spirit of Christ that already has divinity OF GOD in him. Jesus partakes of the spirit of DIVINITY today, so that we can partake of the same spirit of DIVINITY THROUGH him only. There is no other way. The source of divinity is and has always been from God Almighty, not Jesus. Jesus is the 1st layer user of the spiritual power of God. We as believers are the 2nd layer users, drawing off this same spiritual power through Christ.

A decent analogy is like the main grid and source of power is God Almighty. Jesus is the 1st layer of power manipulation as the step-down transformer system on the poles or on the ground to our homes. We are the home users, the users of the 2nd layer of power manipulation, drawing power off these transformers.

Jesus partook of the divinity and nature of the spirit of God since he was conceived, and then as the Christ, he possessed the ‘full’ suit of power of God after his baptism.

This is how Jesus, the Christ never sinned and completed his mission, with the power of God Almighty. He could not have succeeded without his Father, God Almighty.

People of little faith is apparently not a dated phenomenon.

What say you?

Peace and love out!

(Deu 6:4) “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
(Deu 6:5) You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
(Deu 6:6) And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. (ALL ESV)

Bless you,

APAK

may Christ forgive you for this nonsense .

Isaiah writes how Christ saw God's pain of all the souls imprisoned in this body upon this earth ,

and he suggested "that he would lay down his divinity

and be born in this awful animal type body we have"

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
may Christ forgive you for this nonsense .

Isaiah writes how Christ saw God's pain of all the souls imprisoned in this body upon this earth ,

and he suggested "that he would lay down his divinity

and be born in this awful animal type body we have"
There are many ignorant folks like you who are not willing to know the truth as scripture provides as it basis. They only point fingers and condemn, absent of the Spirit of truth. I have this Spirit, do you?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if that is important in any way whatsoever! Putting such importance on the nature of things is not in Scripture. It's a 4th century invention.

Well it became important because of such heretics as Arius and Origen et.al. made it an issue to have to be dealt with.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your logic is predictably backwards. IF it was important, the trinity and the doctrine of the trinity would explicitly be in the Bible.

It is- you just refuse to accept what is right infront of your eyes!

King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Philippians 2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Isaiah 44:6
King James Version

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

My authority rests in Scripture, yours inhow you reinterpret the Scriptures.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is- you just refuse to accept what is right infront of your eyes!

King James Version

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Philippians 2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Isaiah 44:6
King James Version

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

My authority rests in Scripture, yours inhow you reinterpret the Scriptures.
Ron, how naive of you to think that by just listing scripture, it is the same as interpreting it. You do know this right?

So how do you interpret this scripture then? I dare you to do this. I want to see your knowledge of scripture that supports your preconceived ideas, as you insert your own ideas into it.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo: The Pharisees were blind to who Jesus was. They never did figure him out and they never wanted to. It was the last straw when he described himself as working with his Father or they wanted to believe he was blaspheming. They just wanted to get rid of him without any interest in knowing him. Look as the previous verse. Now was he really saying he was the same as God Almighty here? Be completely honest.
"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." Now to any reasonable person Jesus is saying by inference that God Almighty his Father is greater than him....I think you're cherry-picking and wanting to believe in a belief model you have been taught and is engrained into you, like many folks. You cannot free yourself for this lens of the trinity and deep bias toward it.

Look up as my #7 post...I go through it in more detail...

Later...APAK

"...Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?"

Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, 'I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."

Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

Then they took up stones to throw at Him....

-John 8:53-59 NKJV

Why would they take up stones to throw at Him? You are probably correct in your accusation of the Pharisees not even wanting to know Christ, but one thing you probably shouldn't accuse them of is being stupid. Would they not have correctly inferred His proclamation of being the living God in this moment, subsequently feeling compelled to stone Him based on what they estimated to have been blasphemy of the highest order?

There are some Bibles that have this "I AM" capitalized, others not. They all still say it though - I am. Those are very powerful words, surely Christ wouldn't proclaim them with carelessness?

(Forgive me if you have addressed this specific passage already, but I am replying to one of your earlier posts because I do not have time to shift through this entire thread and I see you are still actively defending your position...)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see you are still actively defending your position
Defending the indefensible is an exercise in futility. And APAK should know better.

Jesus identified Himself to Moses as "I AM THAT I AM" or simply "I AM". Moses was also told that this is the name of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So when Jesus told His enemies "Before Abraham was I AM" they knew exactly what He was referring to. But instead of falling on their faces and worshipping Him (as others did) they falsely accused Him of blasphemy. But there is no escaping the FACT that Jesus is God. "And except ye believe that I AM, ye shall die in your sins".

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?"

Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, 'I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."

Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

Then they took up stones to throw at Him....

-John 8:53-59 NKJV

Why would they take up stones to throw at Him? You are probably correct in your accusation of the Pharisees not even wanting to know Christ, but one thing you probably shouldn't accuse them of is being stupid. Would they not have correctly inferred His proclamation of being the living God in this moment, subsequently feeling compelled to stone Him based on what they estimated to have been blasphemy of the highest order?

There are some Bibles that have this "I AM" capitalized, others not. They all still say it though - I am. Those are very powerful words, surely Christ wouldn't proclaim them with carelessness?

(Forgive me if you have addressed this specific passage already, but I am replying to one of your earlier posts because I do not have time to shift through this entire thread and I see you are still actively defending your position...)
Nothing personal here, although I find myself having to defend scripture as with this verse of the NT you present here to those that naively attempt to connect and force Yahshua is God Almighty. I see most people on this forum just do not get it. A shame!

I'm still amazed that folks do not wish to understand that 'I am,' whether capitalized or not, from the Greek source, are not powerful words at all. It is a common Greek expression used by anyone of insignificance or significance. There are a few examples of this expression used in the NT including where Yahshua spoke to the Pharisees.

Further, then by forcing a Hebrew expression with a unique meaning that has no same meaning from the Greek is a NO NO and WRONG! It is callous, unforgiveable and shameful.

The description in Exodus into English from the Hebrew, in describing YHWH as 'I exist' or 'I am what I am or will be' etc., is NOT and NEVER the same as a Greek expression into English 'I am' (he). AND just because that are translated in a similar way, they are still quite different. Does any of this make any sense to you, or do I need to add a next level explanation?

Why don't you review both the Exodus verse 3:14, against this NT verse again. You must see my point here.

John 8:58. "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

Just one important note: In John 8:58 the translators could have translated it as 'Truly truly I say to you, I am/was before Abraham.' They deliberately chose not to! Most expressions and statements of/about Christ, and others in general, in the NT, (personal pronoun not at the end of the sentence) are in this form, but this one was deliberately altered to entice one into erroneously believing that Yahshua means he is YHWH, as in Exodus. Quite devious and intellectually dishonest.

Thanks, APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Defending the indefensible is an exercise in futility. And APAK should know better.

Jesus identified Himself to Moses as "I AM THAT I AM" or simply "I AM". Moses was also told that this is the name of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So when Jesus told His enemies "Before Abraham was I AM" they knew exactly what He was referring to. But instead of falling on their faces and worshipping Him (as others did) they falsely accused Him of blasphemy. But there is no escaping the FACT that Jesus is God. "And except ye believe that I AM, ye shall die in your sins".
Read my last post for the nth time on this subject Enoch.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You post cannot trump Scripture. And that too plain statements.
Just saying Jesus spoke to Moses without scripture as your basis is completely wrong Enoch. Now that you have completed the circle, as circular logic on that previous post of yours you are truly content then?. You really do not care that you have abused scripture to force/make your narrative fit, right? You cannot see that Hebrew and Greek expressions are quite different? Why do keep on with this false conclusion. I guess you feel you have to stay on this course, because admitting I may be providing you with some light as truth would be too much to bear. You have too much invested in your theory.

You know, If I found I was was in error and you pointed it out, I would tell you I was wrong and would thank you for it. There is no pride or ego to bruise here. It's all about the search for truth in scripture Enoch. This is my goal always...

Will you ever attempt to clear off you 'board' completely, and really compare the verses in Exodus and in John to know they are really quite different and I am who I am is not the same as I am (he) for the Greek source?

I wonder if you will, some day.

Bless you,

APAK

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing personal here, although I find myself having to defend scripture as with this verse of the NT you present here to those that naively attempt to connect and force Yahshua is God Almighty. I see most people on this forum just do not get it. A shame!

I'm still amazed that folks do not wish to understand that 'I am,' whether capitalized or not, from the Greek source, are not powerful words at all. It is a common Greek expression used by anyone of insignificance or significance. There are a few examples of this expression used in the NT including where Yahshua spoke to the Pharisees.

Further, then by forcing a Hebrew expression with a unique meaning that has no same meaning from the Greek is a NO NO and WRONG! It is callous, unforgiveable and shameful.

The description in Exodus into English from the Hebrew, in describing YHWH as 'I exist' or 'I am what I am or will be' etc., is NOT and NEVER the same as a Greek expression into English 'I am' (he). AND just because that are translated in a similar way, they are still quite different. Does any of this make any sense to you, or do I need to add a next level explanation?

Why don't you review both the Exodus verse 3:14, against this NT verse again. You must see my point here.

John 8:58. "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

Just one important note: In John 8:58 the translators could have translated it as 'Truly truly I say to you, I am/was before Abraham.' They deliberately chose not to! Most expressions and statements of/about Christ, and others in general, in the NT, (personal pronoun not at the end of the sentence) are in this form, but this one was deliberately altered to entice one into erroneously believing that Yahshua means he is YHWH, as in Exodus. Quite devious and intellectually dishonest.

Thanks, APAK

And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

(Exodus 3:14) NKJV

As far as I can interpret, the LORD has shortened his proclamation to a linguistically addressable name of "I AM". This "I AM" matches the quote of Jesus in the verse I cited.

The root of this issue then appears to be translation and the individuals responsible for translating the Bible that I now hold in my hands. If I am correct, my inability to speak and lack of understanding of Greek and Hebrew as well as my being oblivious to devious translators is what you claim is the problem here. Where is there evidence for such devious manipulation on their part? If you can lead me to compelling proof, I would be most grateful.

Even though, matters such as these are very tricky and, in my opinion, futile and vanity because we are debating temporal controversies of men. I adhere to the Scripture, the Bible that I am in possession of, and I give nowhere near as much credence to these types of cerebral contemplations, such as the one we are having, as I do to the intuition that guides me when I read this book. In my opinion, the enemy utilizes our brains in this way so that we may be confounded and overthink things. I thank you for taking the time to reply though.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

(Exodus 3:14) NKJV

As far as I can interpret, the LORD has shortened his proclamation to a linguistically addressable name of "I AM". This "I AM" matches the quote of Jesus in the verse I cited.

The root of this issue then appears to be translation and the individuals responsible for translating the Bible that I now hold in my hands. If I am correct, my inability to speak and lack of understanding of Greek and Hebrew as well as my being oblivious to devious translators is what you claim is the problem here. Where is there evidence for such devious manipulation on their part? If you can lead me to compelling proof, I would be most grateful.

Even though, matters such as these are very tricky and, in my opinion, futile and vanity because we are debating temporal controversies of men. I adhere to the Scripture, the Bible that I am in possession of, and I give nowhere near as much credence to these types of cerebral contemplations, such as the one we are having, as I do to the intuition that guides me when I read this book. In my opinion, the enemy utilizes our brains in this way so that we may be confounded and overthink things. I thank you for taking the time to reply though.
No problems..runningwings

Here's some quick insight into a close examination of the two verse then...

Yahshua said in John 8:58 even in John 8:24, 'I am (he)' and that means in the Greek ἐγὼ εἰμί (e-go’ ei-mi’) and is the equivalent of the Hebrew expression ‘ani’ hu’, 'I am he,' which is used by God, the Father. Note also that this same Hebrew expression is also used by man, as in 1 Chronicles 21:17.

Further, in Exodus 3:14 in the attempt to make it the same as what Yahshua said in Greek, it reads: ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν (E-go’ ei-mi’ ho on) which means “I am The Being,” or, “I am the Existing One.”

Notice the big difference here? One is saying I am the being who exists/existed and there is no one besides me or like me. Yahshua never said this at all, or even implied or attempted to say this...

What Yahshua said was as you or I could say of ourselves. It is a common expression of any person. Like, I am the one who is saying that the two verses are not the same. This is me speaking to you, and no one else but me (no one is making me say this, and I do this on my own accord). It is an expression of extreme emphasis, to emphasize I am serious here, these are my words and what I'm saying comes from me, with confidence....check it out...it is the truth. This is the way Yahshua spoke to the Pharisees.

These verse in the NT and the OT are never the same in translation or meaning. So why do folks force these two clashing expressions together as one of the same, and are proud to say they are the same; it really baffles me.

Blessings,

APAK

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exodus 3:14 God replied, "I am who am" then he added, "This is what you shall tell the Israelites. I am sent me to you".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron, how naive of you to think that by just listing scripture, it is the same as interpreting it. You do know this right?

So how do you interpret this scripture then? I dare you to do this. I want to see your knowledge of scripture that supports your preconceived ideas, as you insert your own ideas into it.

I do not "interpret it" I accept it as written. Interpreting basicalloy says this: " I know what is written, but this is what it means".

Remember this passage:

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Our role is not to "interpret" SCriptrue, but to preserve, protect and pass on Scripture faithfully without comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.