Jesus - Of No Reputation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We think about all the things Jesus Christ the Son of God had to put himself through to become like us - human. First and foremost he came through a virgin so he had a different father.. and he made himself of no reputation. Another place it says "he learned obedience by the things he suffered." That will go along way for Christianity to see Christ that way. Because it will have to do with who we are.

Not just no reputation: but in the fact Jesus was allowing his mind - making his mind obedient to his father. Remember the great prayer in the garden "not my will father, but your will be done." Getting the mind of Christ is not just getting all the wisdom of God there is to be had.. the mind of Christ will have in it the obedience to the things of the father - of no reputation or regards to your humanity. The mind of Christ works in self-emptying. How do I allow the mind of Christ in me? I allow my mind to work like the mind of Christ that has no feeling for its humanity.

What Christians contain; is like putting an nuclear bomb in a thimble. We have the Creator in us. So my humanity means nothing in view of what it contains and ultimately to express by my mind - which is the organ for expression.

We feel in our humanity that Jesus came to save me and I won't go to hell now. That's good - but the second Christ was birthed in you your humanity means nothing. Not in view of Christ in you. He can use that humanity for his purpose but that humanity is secondary to who we are.

Love not to the world. Why is that? Because it will take your humanity to love the world and the things in the world, and that is not who a Christian is. That is what is called "living a lie. '

Last edited: