Jesus parables were based in real facts, always

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Give it up. If you are hoping I return any insult...you are very wrong. If this is your strategy..better change it. The more you attack me, the more i will teach.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I am starting to think that Goinheix is serious! His pomposity lead me to believe he was simply jerking us around....

I still believe he is. It's not possible for anyone to be this clueless. I have atheist friends that do a much better job at distorting the Scriptures.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Give it up. If you are hoping I return any insult...you are very wrong. If this is your strategy..better change it. The more you attack me, the more i will teach.
Implying that everyone who disagrees with you is a 'heretics' isn't an insult?

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011

Implying that everyone who disagrees with you is a 'heretics' isn't an insult?

You are reported for acusing me of false acustions. I have never say what you are acusing me.
You also are flamimng me, following around the forum doing rude afirmations and inflamatory post.

offcourse that you will continue to do it without nobody stpping you. All of you are above the rules.

Do not lie. True Christians will not post rumors or false accusations, one would think that would be a given. However, this is one thing we will not tolerate. Remember that our father hates false balances/scales (Proverbs 11:1). This includes lying about yourself to gain access to forums as well.

No flaming, harassing, or trolling. We recognize that these terms may be unfamiliar to some, but they are a virtual extension of the insults prohibition. Flaming is when a member or members follow another member around the forum by making rude and inflammatory posts verbally attacking another member. Harassment is similar to flaming, but may be carried out through other means such as private message (PM) or email. Last but not least, trolling is the practice of making posts only meant to annoy, offend, or simply disrupt. Simply do not do any of them.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You are reported for acusing me of false acustions. I have never say what you are acusing me.
You also are flamimng me, following around the forum doing rude afirmations and inflamatory post.
Just how many forums have you been booted from?

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011

Just how many forums have you been booted from?

I did reported you for flaming...and you will not be booted from this forum, but will try to provoque from me a single word enough as an excuse to bootme. I did that mistake before and will not repeated. I have been booted, that is persecuted, and i am proud of it, and my Lord it is satified of my coragous attitude.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I did reported you for flaming...and you will not be booted from this forum, but will try to provoque from me a single word enough as an excuse to bootme. I did that mistake before and will not repeated. I have been booted, that is persecuted, and i am proud of it, and my Lord it is satified of my coragous attitude.
I simply asked how many forums you have been booted from. Have you lost count?

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I don't see how what we consider a parable today matters pertaining to historical and scriptural authority. That being said, it is a neat idea, and it would be interesting if Jesus' parables were actually taken from real life at one point or another. I have thought about that before, however have no idea how that could be proven except by a Holy Spirit revelation. Truly, when you look at the parables, it sounds like they certainly "could" have happened at one point or another.

Mat 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field

You know, I bet at one point or another, a man actually took and sowed a mustard seed in his field. Hmmm, we could be getting somewhere.

Parables were meant to relate to the people they were spoken to, many times in professions we still have relativity to today. If these events did or didn't happen, does it take away from the lessons of the stories Christ wished to present to us?

Here are some more examples

------------
[sup]Luke 39[/sup] Then Jesus gave the following illustration: “Can one blind person lead another? Won’t they both fall into a ditch? [sup]40[/sup] Students[sup][d][/sup] are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher. [sup]41[/sup] “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye[sup][e][/sup] when you have a log in your own? [sup]42[/sup] How can you think of saying, ‘Friend,[sup][f][/sup] let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

The Tree and Its Fruit
[sup]43[/sup] “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. [sup]44[/sup] A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. [sup]45[/sup] A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

--------
I bet at some point in history, one blind man actually led another blind man into a ditch. I bet one fully trained student in history actually became like his teacher. Maybe someone actually got a log stuck in his eye, and tried to get a speck out of another person's eye!

Take a lesson from the tree and its fruit. The Holy Spirit in all his wisdom should be able to store up some treasure in our hearts actually worth flowing out; something that will benefit and bless our brothers in Christ while not storing up pride in our egos.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Goinheix,
I'm interested in your theory or proof of it. I always assumed this to be true. Though this maybe, double types and references that had previous instances.

It seems you struggle a bit with English, so I'm assuming this maybe your 2nd language. Anyways most of these people have been around here for a while. Most of them are good people and will listen, if you give them a chance. Hammerstone trys to use a laid back attitude towards levying punishment. Though things do get outta hand at times, Why doesn't everyone stop right here take a breath, count to ten. All be good Christians, and be a little more polite to each other.Trying to pick fights and justify your position, never gets far.

If your have something Show Us Goinheix.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Goinheix,
I'm interested in your theory or proof of it. I always assumed this to be true. Though this maybe, double types and references that had previous instances.

To determine if Jesus did use hypotetical situations out of his imagination and creativity; or if he was using real situations is quite important. Today we ear preacher, preaching from the pulpit and using what are call ilustrations. An ilustration is exactly and hypotetical situation, not from real life, that semms to be usefull to help making a point. Is that practice OK? Did Jesus used it? The answers are NO and NO. If a preacher need to teach or say something, he has other tool...all of them in the Bible. There is not other tool as usefull and efective as the Bible. If for his speach the Bible can not help, most probably his teaching is wrong or has a % of mistake.

We all have noticed that Jesus did teach with those exanples that were familioar and wel known for the disciples. Today, the technique of teaching is to starting by the known, proceed to the unknown. Jesus was ceturies ahead of that technique of today.

Jesus did teach using things as how the sky looks and how we are able to tell the coming wheather. We all know about those teachings. My new point is that if we read it again we will foubd two different descriptions of the sky. Jesus did repeat the same teaching several times and in each times he makes referencve to the sky he is looking at. The descrption of each sky match with the precise season of the year. (that is only possible after dating each event, after preaparing the harmony).

It could be easy or not much difficult for me to make katch the sky with the season. It would be quite easy for me to set the harmony in order to make the sky fits with the season. But you have to believme that it was the oposite way. The matching of the sky confirm my harmony and dating; and my harmony and dating is confirming that Jesus always did teach out of real life and preasent event.

As I say before, one example is the transfering of the wine. The teaching of Jesus confirm my harnony and dating; and my harmony and dating confirm that Jesus was passing by for a wineplace where the wine was being transfered as Jesus talks.

The next step for me was to go throu all parable. Offcourse that when Jesus teach of Lazarus and the rich man, nobody is watching him talk each other. But for my surprise - and i hope yours aswell - there was an actual woman that actually did maried 10 brothers all of them died one after the other. It was a real King that seeing that he had no chances to win a war, sent embassador for peace. And those things where very well known by the jew of the time of Jesus.

Next thing is presuming that the samaritanian helping one in the road was also a real case that actually did happens. I can not prove it; but if it wasent, it will be the only exception of the "rule".

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To determine if Jesus did use hypotetical situations out of his imagination and creativity; or if he was using real situations is quite important. Today we ear preacher, preaching from the pulpit and using what are call ilustrations. An ilustration is exactly and hypotetical situation, not from real life, that semms to be usefull to help making a point. Is that practice OK? Did Jesus used it? The answers are NO and NO. If a preacher need to teach or say something, he has other tool...all of them in the Bible. There is not other tool as usefull and efective as the Bible. If for his speach the Bible can not help, most probably his teaching is wrong or has a % of mistake.

We all have noticed that Jesus did teach with those exanples that were familioar and wel known for the disciples. Today, the technique of teaching is to starting by the known, proceed to the unknown. Jesus was ceturies ahead of that technique of today.

Jesus did teach using things as how the sky looks and how we are able to tell the coming wheather. We all know about those teachings. My new point is that if we read it again we will foubd two different descriptions of the sky. Jesus did repeat the same teaching several times and in each times he makes referencve to the sky he is looking at. The descrption of each sky match with the precise season of the year. (that is only possible after dating each event, after preaparing the harmony).

It could be easy or not much difficult for me to make katch the sky with the season. It would be quite easy for me to set the harmony in order to make the sky fits with the season. But you have to believme that it was the oposite way. The matching of the sky confirm my harmony and dating; and my harmony and dating is confirming that Jesus always did teach out of real life and preasent event.

As I say before, one example is the transfering of the wine. The teaching of Jesus confirm my harnony and dating; and my harmony and dating confirm that Jesus was passing by for a wineplace where the wine was being transfered as Jesus talks.

The next step for me was to go throu all parable. Offcourse that when Jesus teach of Lazarus and the rich man, nobody is watching him talk each other. But for my surprise - and i hope yours aswell - there was an actual woman that actually did maried 10 brothers all of them died one after the other. It was a real King that seeing that he had no chances to win a war, sent embassador for peace. And those things where very well known by the jew of the time of Jesus.

Next thing is presuming that the samaritanian helping one in the road was also a real case that actually did happens. I can not prove it; but if it wasent, it will be the only exception of the "rule".

Where does it say that Jesus taught the story of the Wedding at Cana as a parable?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
..The word parable means 'moral story', not a retelling of history.

Many "stories" are based on real life. As I read many of the parables of Jesus I can see they might be from actual event in the lives of real people, places and things. Take for example the stories of “lost things” in Luke 15. The people Christ was talking about would have known what it was to lose a valuable sheep or coin or for someone to squander their inheritance.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many "stories" are based on real life. As I read many of the parables of Jesus I can see they might be from actual event in the lives of real people, places and things. Take for example the stories of “lost things” in Luke 15. The people Christ was talking about would have known what it was to lose a valuable sheep or coin or for someone to squander their inheritance.

Based on real events is still fiction. And, really; who cares? This is one of the biggest 'non-issue' threads I've read on this board. What is next? Moses' carried a REAL crocodile skin wallet?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Based on real events is still fiction. And, really; who cares? This is one of the biggest 'non-issue' threads I've read on this board. What is next? Moses' carried a REAL crocodile skin wallet?

And you are the predominate poster in it.