Jesus said, "Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic are not Christians because they reject the Gospel and justification by faith, Ephesians 1:13
LOL! Yeah...that's why in Catholic churches world-wide, the GOSPEL is preached EVERY. DAY.

And, by the way...the GOSPEL to Catholics...and others...is the FOUR BOOKS of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Today's readings were from Mal 1:14b-2;2b, 8-10, 1 Thes 2:7b-9, 13, and the GOSPEL according to Matthew, 23:1-12.

It's not that we 'reject' the Gospel; it's that we interpret it differently than *you* do (Thank GOODNESS that we do!) From today's GOSPEL it says to "call no one your father; you have one father in heaven." Do you REALLY think that means to NOT call your own biological/adopted father "father"? If you take Christ's words literally, then it's no wonder why you're as lost as you are.

And we don't reject "justification by faith." We reject justification by faith ALONE, which is what Martin Luther promoted. Faith alone isn't even biblical, nor does it make any logical sense.

And Ephesians 1:13 doesn't even make any sense for you to support your position.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We must be Born of God,period, Born Again, which is a spiritual rebirth, we must have that Holy Spirit within, that can only happen by God birthing us in his Spirit/ in other words Baptised in the Holy Spirit, we have received that new heart and Spirit within.

Then we are saved for all of eternity....those who are carnal wouldn’t understand this...which is quite understandable, as I too was once carnal and alienated from God....a wretched sinner was i.....thank you Lord for your Mercy and Grace....

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be Born of God,period, Born Again, which is a spiritual rebirth, we must have that Holy Spirit within, that can only happen by God birthing us in his Spirit/ in other words Baptised in the Holy Spirit, we have received that new heart and Spirit within.

Then we are saved for all of eternity....those who are carnal wouldn’t understand this...which is quite understandable, as I too was once carnal and alienated from God....a wretched sinner was i.....thank you Lord for your Mercy and Grace....
Being born again is an absolute requirement for salvation. However, that is not what saves us. What saves us is the doing and the dying of Jesus, not the Holy Spirit.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Yeah...that's why in Catholic churches world-wide, the GOSPEL is preached EVERY. DAY.

And, by the way...the GOSPEL to Catholics...and others...is the FOUR BOOKS of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Today's readings were from Mal 1:14b-2;2b, 8-10, 1 Thes 2:7b-9, 13, and the GOSPEL according to Matthew, 23:1-12.

It's not that we 'reject' the Gospel; it's that we interpret it differently than *you* do (Thank GOODNESS that we do!) From today's GOSPEL it says to "call no one your father; you have one father in heaven." Do you REALLY think that means to NOT call your own biological/adopted father "father"? If you take Christ's words literally, then it's no wonder why you're as lost as you are.

And we don't reject "justification by faith." We reject justification by faith ALONE, which is what Martin Luther promoted. Faith alone isn't even biblical, nor does it make any logical sense.

And Ephesians 1:13 doesn't even make any sense for you to support your position.
Catholics do not believe the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are not the Gospel. The Gospel is the work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies, sanctifies and redeems sinners. We are accepted only in him and because of him. Good works are the results of being saved, not the cause of it.

We are justified by faith alone, because we are justified by Christ alone. You cannot justify yourself because you are a sinner, God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ; we are accepted only in him and because of him.

More than likely, you will be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, Matthew 7:21-23.

Reactions: amigo de christo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few there be that find what? Few there be that find the way to salvation. In the early church Christianity was called "The Way". There is really only one way to believe and have faith. The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Some hear the call and come to Christ, calling upon him to save them. Others hear the call and instead of coming to Christ to save them they join the Catholic church. One of Satan's works is to make people believe that they are saved, when they are not. Paul said, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. If you have never called on Christ to save you, chances are that you are not a Christian.

Not everyone is going to be saved, "Esaias cried concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant will be saved". I estimate that only about 10% of professing Christians will be saved. Why do I believe that? Only about 10% have faith in Christ, the rest are trusting in their religion to save them.

Jesus said, "Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it" Matthew &:13-14.

The straight and narrow gate is Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the truth. and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6.

Not by the way of the Catholic church or religion, not by the way of works or obedience to the law. This is the broad way that leads to destruction. The way must be broad, because the broad way is the way of religion. There are 1.2 billion Catholics on the broad way to destruction, this is why it must be broad.
To me the reason He said few find it is because of religion which not only prevents you (in the general sense of the word “you”) from entering in but you also keep others from entering in. To me it was a warning of those who will try to prevent. In contrast God desires that all men come to the knowledge of Christ, not willing that any perish…but …as an example the Pharisees and Sadducee’s desired most of all to keep others out. To me this is why “few find it” when He said they were to be lights for those kept in darkness. To be blunt if we still are hoping maybe 10% make it …which are we? Do we love to prevent others and desire “few find it” the way? Aren’t we called to be lights for the way? Then who receives the condemnation of 90 % can’t find it?

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the reason He said few find it is because of religion which not only prevents you (in the general sense of the word “you”) from entering in but you also keep others from entering in. To me it was a warning of those who will try to prevent. In contrast God desires that all men come to the knowledge of Christ, not willing that any perish…but …as an example the Pharisees and Sadducee’s desired most of all to keep others out. To me this is why “few find it” when He said they were to be lights for those kept in darkness. To be blunt if we still are hoping maybe 10% make it …which are we? Do we love to prevent others and desire “few find it” the way? Aren’t we called to be lights for the way? Then who receives the condemnation of 90 % can’t find it?
The Gospel is what draws men to Christ. To not preach the Gospel to the lost is to prevent them from coming in.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel is what draws men to Christ. To not preach the Gospel to the lost is to prevent them from coming in.
That’s what I meant. To me it’s reasonable to consider if few find the way the rest being in darkness still of hatred for their brother. I have to at least consider in the beginning He commanded “let there be Light”. “My people perish for lack of knowledge” I take that to mean His people perish for lack of knowledge of Christ. I don’t want to shout at God and say “only 10 percent…few find it” for He may return “where’s the Light?” In “let there be Light?” I don’t know how else to say it expect we want to criticize the 90 percent who can’t find the way instead of the ten percent who say they have the Light of Christ and know the way that others can’t find. Does that sound crazy to you?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Walking "in & with " Christ is not religion but is a partaking of God through Jesus.
Romans 8:
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

We do have our part of being in him. Those whom discount the actions required of believers is a false sense of being secure in Christ.

I'd rather fellowship with ppl who question every step they walk by being a critical thinker than those who think they have zero accountability. This thinking makes parts of the word null & void in their thinking and I don't put stock in their interpretations.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Walking "in & with " Christ is not religion but is a partaking of God through Jesus.
Romans 8:
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

We do have our part of being in him. Those whom discount the actions required of believers is a false sense of being secure in Christ.

I'd rather fellowship with ppl who question every step they walk by being a critical thinker than those who think they have zero accountability. This thinking makes parts of the word null & void in their thinking and I don't put stock in their interpretations.
Wow. L.A.M.B. What I underlined really speaks to me. Thank you for that. :vgood:

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being born again is an absolute requirement for salvation. However, that is not what saves us. What saves us is the doing and the dying of Jesus, not the Holy Spirit.

We are saved when we have been birthed in the Spirit..only a Born Again will see the Kingdom of God..

They dying of Jesus, had to happen , so that was our ticket back to God, through the Holy Spirit..a Born Again has been birthed in the Spirit .

Being Born Again most definitely saves us...and it’s the Father who draws us to Jesus, ..

Jesus died, that’s the only way back to God...Through the Spirit.

So, I disagree with your theology.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And just HOW do you know WHO is "lost"?
Its easy those who follow and believe in any other false religoin and not rather IN JESUS CHRIST .
automatically i know those are lost .
sure there are many lost even within christendom , they can be seen by their fruits .
IN other words i know for a fact atheists , muslims , new age , buddist , this list can get long
due to so many religoins , ARE LOST and still in sin .
I know , i know the RCC will try and say OH but they LOVE GOD TOO .
NO THEY DONT .
FOR any who loved GOD would have LOVED CHRIST , not some anti christ false religoin .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its easy those who follow and believe in any other false religoin and not rather IN JESUS CHRIST .
automatically i know those are lost .
sure there are many lost even within christendom , they can be seen by their fruits .
IN other words i know for a fact atheists , muslims , new age , buddist , this list can get long
due to so many religoins , ARE LOST and still in sin .
I know , i know the RCC will try and say OH but they LOVE GOD TOO .
NO THEY DONT .
FOR any who loved GOD would have LOVED CHRIST , not some anti christ false religoin .
Did you know that the Catholic church has embraced Islam. They call it Chrislam. If you want to know more about it google "Chrislam". It's unbelievable.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that the Catholic church has embraced Islam. They call it Chrislam. If you want to know more about it google "Chrislam". It's unbelievable.
They aint the only ones , and its not just chrislam , its alllam . in other words
they merging all religoins to be as one under a false love lie . Watch closely cause its all over the protestant realm too .
Rick warren and others do the work of the harlot indeed . many do .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They got the protestant realm through men like rick warren and seeker friendly strategies . THIS was all planned out years ago .
New age has a hold on them all now and the HARLOT has been of new age for a long , long time .
Chrisanity as well as the false religoins have been , for quite some time , being transformed from within .
To believe we all worship the same GOD . THEY been doing this for years .
For years my friend . they do it under the guise of what they call love and try and say is of God . ITS NIETHER

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved when we have been birthed in the Spirit..only a Born Again will see the Kingdom of God..

They dying of Jesus, had to happen , so that was our ticket back to God, through the Holy Spirit..a Born Again has been birthed in the Spirit .

Being Born Again most definitely saves us...and it’s the Father who draws us to Jesus, ..

Jesus died, that’s the only way back to God...Through the Spirit.

So, I disagree with your theology.
Many think that they have been born again, but when they are confronted with the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ they reject it.

• Love

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They aint the only ones , and its not just chrislam , its alllam . in other words
they merging all religoins to be as one under a false love lie . Watch closely cause its all over the protestant realm too .
Rick warren and others do the work of the harlot indeed . many do .
The great whore church is coming together.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many think that they have been born again, but when they are confronted with the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ they reject it.
Rubbish...a Born Again is birthed by the Father, not by heresy..

You do not choose to birth yourself into Christ..and I’m still waiting for proof that you do?

Only God can birth us in the Spirit...it’s a Living Birth and it’s supernatural.