John 1:1 - Jesus is the Father or he's not the one true God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Your mortal Jesus that you worship will take you along with him where he goes in the end. All servants follow their masters to their final destination.

:woot:

Your theology, like that of historical orthodox trinitarianism, says Jesus is not a human person.

My theology, strict Jewish unitary monotheism, says Jesus is a human person.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your theology, like that of historical orthodox trinitarianism, says Jesus is not a human person.

The man Jesus, the flesh, was human.

The Spirit that indwelled His flesh, from the very moment of Divine Conception, was God. Jesus was, and IS, God.

No matter what your theology may be, you will never make a successful case otherwise, in a court of law, using plain Scripture alone.

That's all there is to it.

You can pull this verse, and that verse, out of context, one after another, all day long and you will still have the full weight of Scripture destroying your position again and again and again.

You can't silence the Truth.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The man Jesus, the flesh, was human.

The Spirit that indwelled His flesh from the moment of Divine Conception was God.

No matter what your theology may be, you will never make a successful case otherwise, in a court of law, using plain Scripture alone.

That's all there is to it.

You can pull this verse, and that verse, out of context, one after another, all day long and you will still have the full weight of Scripture destroying your position again and again and again.

You can't silence the Truth.

I have no desire to silence you nor the trinitarians.

Jesus of Nazareth is a human person.

My desire is to set that position beside your teaching and the teaching of historical orthodox trinitarianism.

Reactions: RLT63 and face2face

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no desire to silence you nor the trinitarians.

Jesus of Nazareth is a human person.

My desire is to set that position beside your teaching and the teaching of historical orthodox trinitarianism.
I don't know how your mind conceives such a notion as possible.

Reactions: Matthias

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think with the mind of a Jewish monotheist.
With this mind you are much closer to salvation than Christianity which has long been astray from the original Gospel taught by the authentic Apostle.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

How refreshing thank you!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Kermos, Kermos, Kermos, brother mine three times! Don't waste any more tears or time on RichR, fave2face, Wrangler or Aunty Jane. These buck toothed cabrones have no more capacity left to appreciate (much less participate) in sound discourse than their tired, wrinkled members have any capacity left to ejaculate. Leave them to their sweater girls and their imagination. I hear your number four is on the way! Let's head out to our secret spot for a round or four to celebrate!

Charming post from a professed Christians......and perhaps its time to look in the mirror if that overweight ogre in the picture is an actual photograph of yourself. :hmhehm Is there perhaps a rafter in your eye there...?

We won't waste any tears on you guys either.......No one will be able to say we didn't try.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charming post from a professed Christians......and perhaps its time to look in the mirror if that overweight ogre in the picture is an actual photograph of yourself. :hmhehm Is there perhaps a rafter in your eye there...?

We won't waste any tears on you guys either.......No one will be able to say we didn't try.
Try what? Lead us to the "everlasting fire" that Jesus warned us about? JW's don't even have a Savior.

Isaiah 43
11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's so funny how those who would twist plain Scripture to make it say what they want it to say will take the tiniest possibility of an insinuation in a verse and turn it into a massive doctrine all its own - like the trinity doctrine being such a weighty concept in christendom based on almost zero Scripture whatsoever;
We would agree with you on that one.....so how is it you can see through that, but still insist that "Jesus is God".....he never once said he was.
If you want plain scripture then please share the ones that say straight out that Jesus is Almighty God, part of a "godhead" or that he and his Father share equality.....or do you have your own spin on the "Jesus is God" question?

or the Pre-Mil doctrine that paints a picture of a fraudulent 1,000 year period of time to come after Jesus' return based on one single solitary chapter in the most symbolic book in the Bible.
Why does it have to be fraudulent just because you do not believe it?
Can you tell us what God's Kingdom is, and how long it will rule, just from the scriptures? Revelation is part of the Bible you know. Its symbolisms are clear when you understand what you are reading.

Yet, when presented with plain Scripture to support contrary (much more clearly Biblical) concepts, they will completely diminish the Scripture presented in order to claim that it says much less than it actually does, and even claim it's been mistranslated and misinterpreted, and that it doesn't even say at all what it plainly says.
Please share which concepts we hold that don't agree with what is plainly stated in the scriptures....and then share whether it is plainly stated in its original language or in a biased English translation. These have to agree, and in many English translations, they do not.

There was a very good reason why Jesus despised the "Lawyers" of the Bible in His day. They, just like those in courtrooms today, would lie and twist and alter existing information to the point that it veritably disappeared from existence and wasn't even allowed to be considered at all.
Pharisaic self-righteousness was rooted in oral traditions. These had been initiated in the second century B.C.E. as “a fence around the Law” to protect it from the inroads of Hellenism (Greek culture). They had come to be viewed as a part of the Law. In fact, the scribes even rated the oral traditions above the written Law.

The Mishnah says: “Greater stringency applies to the observance of the words of the Scribes [their oral traditions] than to the observance of the words of the written Law.” So, instead of being “a fence around the Law” to protect it, their traditions weakened the Law and made it void, just as Jesus said: “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.” (Mark 7:5-9; Matthew 15:1-9)
When Jesus said that the Pharisees "strained at gnats but gulped down camels" he was speaking about their interpretation of the law.

ONLY if you're delusional or brainwashed.
I have to wonder who it is who is truly "delusional or brainwashed"......it seems to me that the ones screaming "heretic" are themselves the biggest heretics.

Your mortal Jesus that you worship will take you along with him where he goes in the end. All servants follow their masters to their final destination.
I don't worship Jesus.....and he is no longer mortal, having served as mankind's redeemer, he is now in heaven as an immortal King and High Priest, ready to bring mankind back into a proper relationship with their God and Father. As the appointed Mediator, he has acted as the 'go between' for us to still communicate with our Heavenly Father, as long as we go to Him "through" his son. (John 14:6)

Jesus is the divine "son of God"......but he is NOT Yahweh.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was pretty sure your theology didn't even believe Jesus (the Messiah) ever came.

Where did I get that idea?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want plain scripture then please share the ones that say straight out that Jesus is Almighty God, part of a "godhead" or that he and his Father share equality.....or do you have your own spin on the "Jesus is God" question?
Funny you say 'spin.'
You and your cronies ask for proof from Scripture, but when it's presented, you 'spin' it away - claiming it doesn't say 'exactly' what you want it to say.

If I were to give you a verse saying exactly what you demand it needs to say to convince you, you would again 'spin' that verse into saying something else.

"Oh, that doesn't mean what it says."
"Oh, that's just saying something else."
"Oh, that's just a misinterpretation."
"That's not the greek word you think it is."
Etc., etc., etc.

Your failure is in believing I need to convert you to seeing the Truth of the matter. I'm fully content knowing you will never see it, or you already do and have no interest in the Truth whatever. I couldn't be more content with that fact.

I post clear Scripture on matters here and God makes sure those who are capable of seeing it, and benefitting from it, will see it.

That's how it works. And that's enough.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I was pretty sure your theology didn't even believe Jesus (the Messiah) ever came.

Where did I get that idea?

You didn’t get it from me.

I suspect you got it from failure to recognize and acknowledge that some Jewish monotheists believe Jesus (himself a Jewish monotheist) is the Messiah and some don’t.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Chicks dig me Aunty Jane, every ever lovin' loquacious pound of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.