John 21:23

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
how do you understand and/or interpret this - twinc

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
how do you understand and/or interpret this - twinc

Hi twinc
I don't have a problem with it as John tells us what happened. Some of the brethren took it and ran with it!!
Making up some new doctrine , as men will, saying something that Jesus did NOT say. Hmmm food for thought, times have not changed much!!

John 21 20 "Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? ( John himself)
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man ( John) do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. ( All Jesus is saying is = Mind your own business)
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what ( business ) is that to thee?
24 This is ( John the writer) is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. "

Bless you....H

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hi twinc
I don't have a problem with it as John tells us what happened. Some of the brethren took it and ran with it!!
Making up some new doctrine , as men will, saying something that Jesus did NOT say. Hmmm food for thought, times have not changed much!!

John 21 20 "Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? ( John himself)
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man ( John) do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. ( All Jesus is saying is = Mind your own business)
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what ( business ) is that to thee?
24 This is ( John the writer) is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. "

Bless you....H

imho this is about Lazarus[the beloved disciple]who had only recently died and been brought back to life - his death is nowhere recorded - twinc