TRUTH; People Don’t Like Truth, They Want To Hear Lies = John 1;17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 1;17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 8:40-45

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the Truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the Truth, because there is no Truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the Truth, ye believe me not.

John 18:37-38

Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the Truth. Every one that is of the Truth heareth my voice. Pilate saith unto Him, What is Truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in Him no fault at all.

Romans 1:24-28

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the Truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Revelation 21:27

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

I Timothy 4:1-2

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the Faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

I John 2:22

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

AMEN

Reactions: Vall

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Miz KJV Only

Then why do you push so many lies in what you post.

Sure, you are presenting scripture but at the same time you are twisting scripture to suit your purposes in pushing the Pre-trib understanding and the theology that you adhere too. Bits maybe true, but as is known, every lie is wrapped with some truth to support it.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Miz KJV Only

Sure, you are presenting scripture but at the same time you are twisting scripture to suit your purposes in pushing the Pre-trib understanding and the theology that you adhere too. Bits maybe true, but as is known, every lie is wrapped with some truth to support it.
This is truth:
Rev 3:10 "... he who overcomes will not face the hour of testing..."

Christ promises here that the living who are in Christ (have overcome the world) will be raptured  before the Tribulation (hour of testing) commences.

Now you can call Christ a liar if you wish, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Additionally, there is precedent. The times God poured out his wrath (flood, S&G), he always removed the faithful first.

Also, nowhere after Revelation 3 is the Church mentioned until the Wedding Feast in Heaven. The church is removed so that the Religion of Babylon can initially be established without opposition. This is why there is a need for the 144k elect and the 2 prophets -- they take the place of the church in spreading the Gospel.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about this truth:
Rev 3:10 "... he who overcomes will not face the hour of testing..."

Christ promises here that the living who are in Christ (have overcome the world) will be raptured  before the Tribulation (hour of testing) commences.

Now you can call Christ a liar if you wish, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Here is what Rev 3:10 states as translated in the NKJV: -

Rev 3:10: - 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.​

Where in this verse does it say anything that can be construed to state that the Saints will be taken/raptured before the hour of testing commences from the earth.

Jim, it seems to me that you do not like the truth that is contained in the scriptures and have added to this verse to support the Pre-trib rapture doctrine that you hope will save you from any suffering.

Why then did Jesus teach that we would be hated and that we would be killed because of our faith in Christ. Jesus also taught that those who try to save their own life would fail and die because of their sin.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

[...]

AMEN

I would have gone with John 3:19. "And this is the verdict: The Light has come into the world, but men loved the darkness rather than the Light because their deeds were evil."

But your point is well made: if men love darkness, they love lies.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what Rev 3:10 states as translated in the NKJV: -

Rev 3:10: - 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.​

Where in this verse does it say anything that can be construed to state that the Saints will be taken/raptured before the hour of testing commences from the earth.

Jim, it seems to me that you do not like the truth that is contained in the scriptures and have added to this verse to support the Pre-trib rapture doctrine that you hope will save you from any suffering.

Why then did Jesus teach that we would be hated and that we would be killed because of our faith in Christ. Jesus also taught that those who try to save their own life would fail and die because of their sin.
"I will keep you from the hour of trial..." seems pretty self-explanatory to me. Especially considering the Greek word for 'from' in this context means 'to remove'.
Can't really imagine Christ locking them up in a giant plastic bubble somewhere.

And dont talk like you know me. You're not even close. I believe the pre-trib rapture bc it is scripturally correct.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"I will keep you from the hour of trial..." seems pretty self-explanatory to me. Especially considering the Greek word for 'from' in this context means 'to remove'.
Can't really imagine Christ locking them up in a giant plastic bubble somewhere.

And dont talk like you know me. You're not even close. I believe the pre-trib rapture bc it is scripturally correct.

Oh Jim, you seem so sensitive, in your defence of what you believe. And yes, I do not know you nor have I met you, but the scrap of information that you provided in your response to my post, told more about you than you would care for others to know.

As for your understanding of the meaning of "tērēsō," I would suggest that your understanding is what you want this word to mean.

The definition I have for G:5083 is this: -

1695254108572.png

And a list of where it is found: -

1695254188559.png

The BibleHub internet site is slightly different. It suggests that 2 Cor 11:9 is the same Greek word and in this verse paul is writing this: -

2 Cor 11:9: - 9 And when I was present with you, and in need, I was a burden to no one, for what I lacked the brethren who came from Macedonia supplied. And in everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you, and so I will keep myself.​

Which is very different from what you have suggested that it means.

Oh well everybody to their own poison.

Goodbye

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 19:9 . A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Some like playing games. Or throwing innocent people under the bus to merit personal gains.
Jesus has books, and the sins are thier.
Proverbs 12;22. Lying lios are a abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are His delight.
The wicked go to sheol. The wicked have no future. Get the picture.

Liras shall not enter the kingdom of God.
These are habitual sinners and Reprobates.
Documentation.
Revelation chapter 21:8
First Timothy 1;10
Matthew 7:21
Ephesians 5:5
Habitual and chronic sinners. These are Reprobates. Get the picture.

Vall

Oct 15, 2023
Yacolt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Miz KJV Only

It is a simple thing ... you must fit into the box the Lord has set forth .... Do not put God into your box his smallest thought would overwhelm it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is a simple thing ... you must fit into the box the Lord has set forth .... Do not put God into your box his smallest thought would overwhelm it.

AH! Val, perhaps you need to meditate on what others write before you respond to their posts. You do know what B.S. stands for don't you?

It is something that we all have the ability to do.

Shalom