John 6 and the bread from heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rom 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Hello ziggy,

Amen! That is exactly what we do.. uniting our entire selves in offering with our High Priest! that:

Through Him,
With Him,
and in HIm

in the unity of the Holy Spirit,

all Glory and Honour are Yours!
Almighty Father!

Forever and ever...

My dear ziggy,

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

Maranatha!

Reactions: Illuminator

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello ziggy,

Amen! That is exactly what we do.. uniting our entire selves in offering with our High Priest! that:

Through Him,
With Him,
and in HIm

in the unity of the Holy Spirit,

all Glory and Honour are Yours!
Almighty Father!

Forever and ever...

My dear ziggy,

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

Maranatha!
Mat 6:19
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I'm already there... what you waiting for?
:D
Hugs

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be honest EG and say it like it is. That's YOUR interpretation of what happened in John 6.

The 2,000 year teaching of Christianity says different.
Let me give you some friendly advice.

When you say this, you do the following

1. Prove you do not really know what the passage says, Your just believing what your "church" told you
2. Prove you are not open to discussion, Nothing anyone tells you or shows you will get through. Because you are closed minded (you think you know truth. so your right and everyone else is wrong. because your church is right)
3. Why are you even here? Your not willing to discuss. (well you will, but your not open to what anyone says, so in fact, your willingness to discuss is actually a disguise to make people think you are open to discussion)

I am reminded why I had you blocked for so long..

When your ready to actually DISCUSS the passage (if you are ever ready to OPENLY do so)

then please let me know

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed and we offer that ONE sacrifice every day.

Do you know of any sacrifice, other than The Lamb of God, that is pure? What else besides the offering of the Eucharist can possibly fulfill Malachi 1:11
once again, Mal 1: 11 is God calling out people for sacrificing blesmished animals.. Not about the eucharist.
Jesus is God! Thus His suffering and death, and His offering of that to the Father, is an eternal reality.. As is His resurrection and the wedding Feast..

You too! Dear Cassandra, are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

Maranatha!
Yes, he died one, and offers the food which endures forever. which whoever eats it WILL NOT DIE.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said work for the food which endures forever.

then he said if we eat that food. Unlike the mana, They would live forever.

Your history does not line up with the word of God. I will not listen to it because it rejects what Jesus said and made him a liar.

As I said, when history says 2 + 2 = 5 you must reject it
Care to explain your comments in RED?

I love these witless anti-Catholic attacks that have NO explanation . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to the jew. Who used history and tradition to crucify Christ.

The bible does Not lie..

Jesus said whoever came to him will never be cast out.
You say that is not true
I trust Jesus
The trust His Word, which says emphatically that YOU can lose your secure position by your OWN doing (Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19)

The promises of Christ are conditional . . .

Matt.
24:13; cf. 25:31–46

"He who endures to the end will be saved"

John 15:4
Remain in Me
, and I will remain in you.

1 John 2:3
“We know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments”

John 15:5

I am the vine; you are the branches. IF a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

2 Tim. 2:11-12
Here is a trustworthy saying: IF we died with him, we will also live with him; IF we endure, we will also reign with him. IF we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown him.

NOBODY can pluck you from His hand - but YOU can turn away from Him.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'm already there... what you waiting for?

Waiting? Ive been at the Feast since I was a babe.

This is why I'm on this board:

Then he said to his servants, 'The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come.

Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find.

Maranatha

Reactions: Ziggy

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tell that to the jew. Who used history and tradition to crucify Christ.
What history did the Jews use to crucify Christ? Care to support that claim with biblical evidence? Besides, the Jews didn't crucify Christ, I did with my sins. You will admit as much when you grow up.
The bible does Not lie..

Jesus said whoever came to him will never be cast out.
Yes, AFTER you are DEAD and with God.
Only then can we be 100% infallibly assured we are saved. Not before!!!

You say that is not true
No, He is saying John Calvin, who invented OSAS, is not true. Calvin's heresies have caused endless division among Protestants!
I trust Jesus
You trust what you think Jesus said, and stubbornly adhere to a feel-good myth.
Personally, I don't think there are that many who actually lose their salvation, but it can happen, as shown by the volumes of biblical evidence presented by BofL, that you don't like.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care to explain your comments in RED?

I love these witless anti-Catholic attacks that have NO explanation . . .
I already did

I said I did not want to make this an anti catholic thread. If you want to talk about John 6. lets talk

if you just want to defend your church. good day

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trust His Word, which says emphatically that YOU can lose your secure position by your OWN doing (Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19)

The promises of Christ are conditional . . .

Matt.
24:13; cf. 25:31–46

"He who endures to the end will be saved"

John 15:4
Remain in Me
, and I will remain in you.

1 John 2:3
“We know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments”

John 15:5

I am the vine; you are the branches. IF a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

2 Tim. 2:11-12
Here is a trustworthy saying: IF we died with him, we will also live with him; IF we endure, we will also reign with him. IF we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown him.

NOBODY can pluck you from His hand - but YOU can turn away from Him.
Jesus said, don;t work for food which perishes. But food which will endure forever.

Here let me help you. I did a chart of what Jesus actually said in John 6. Vs what those who take the eucharist must say Jesus said in John 6. (whether they be catholic or not)

1703169411338.png

As you can see. there is a HUGE difference between what Jesus actually said. And those who want me to believe in a Eucharistic offering wants me to see that it says..

Reactions: Ziggy

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What history did the Jews use to crucify Christ?
lol.. Lets see. who did they always point to?

Moses?
Abraham?
David?

Even in John 6. they pointed to moses as the one who gave them manna, When Moses did not give them anything God did
Care to support that claim with biblical evidence? Besides, the Jews didn't crucify Christ, I did with my sins. You will admit as much when you grow up.
Yes, You did and I did. But are you saying the jew did not chose Barabbas over Jesus, they did nto scream crucify him?

If you believe Jesus died for your sins, why are you still trying to work for your forgiveness

Yes, AFTER you are DEAD and with God.
Only then can we be 100% infallibly assured we are saved. Not before!!!
Sorry bro

Paul said I have been saved (perfect tense) by grace. not that i will be saved

Jesus said I will never be cast out..

If you are waiting until you pass this world to know if your saved or not. What hope do you have?
No, He is saying John Calvin, who invented OSAS, is not true. Calvin's heresies have caused endless division among Protestants!
John did not invent eternal security.

Until people stop looking to men as their guide and to see who to believe or not. They will be stuck in doctrines of men and not the truth

You trust what you think Jesus said, and stubbornly adhere to a feel-good myth.
I trust what Jesus said. I do not trust those who say Jesus did not mean what he said..
Personally, I don't think there are that many who actually lose their salvation, but it can happen, as shown by the volumes of biblical evidence presented by BofL, that you don't like.
I am just here to find the truth. and discuss it.

Would you like to discuss John 6? Or try to continue to defend a church?

God does not need his help to defend his church. He is capable..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already did
Uhhhh - NO, you didn't.
I said I did not want to make this an anti catholic thread. If you want to talk about John 6. lets talk

That is truly a cowardly response, considering that it was YOU who made the following statement:
“Your history does not line up with the word of God. I will not listen to it because it rejects what Jesus said and made him a liar.”

If you’re going to shoot off at the mouth – make sure you can back it up with some actual
FACTS . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 6:19
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I'm already there... what you waiting for?
:D
Hugs
I will now give you the same reminder i have given some others .
The day i see you even leaning in the direction of the catholic church , YOU GETTING REBUKED BIG TIME .
please DO the same for me , if ever i even glance in that direction . EVEN GLANCE in that direction .
THE WHORE knows only one thing . FORNICATION . THE WHORE desires only one thing
and by any and all means will do anything to attain it , POWER AND CONTROL .
and if it means for a short time she has to pretend to be as a baptist , a muslim , a atheist
a buddist , BY GOLLLY that chamelon can and will BLEND INTO the color o whatever branch she grabs hold of
TO BLEND IN as though she is of it , BUT only to TAKE OVER that branch . the whore does not rest
nor do her many daughters who have bought into her cry of false love , unity , inclusivims , common ground LIE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already did

I dont THINK JESUS ever worried about what folks thought about him .
The best defense is a good offense . The whore knows this too .
IF ya cant beat them by doctrine then make it seem as though if you warn against them its ANTI THIS OR THAT .
THIS LAMB exposes harlots . and by grace will do so and by grace may i do so to the end .
The emotion card works . BUT not on the lambs nor on our KING .
want an example of the emotion card .
Let me show you one .
BUT LORD , dont you know your saying offended them
Now , would you like to know the response of JESUS to them who told him this .
Now do try and visualize this .
imagine a man who came into your church and rebuked them for their error .
THEN imagine some folks coming to that man and saying , HEY dont you know what you just said
offended them , try and be accepting , try and be tolerant , try and not be anti this or that .
THEN imagine that same man telling YOU . HEY THEY are the BLIND leaders of the blind
every plant that MY FATHER has not planted will be rooted up . TELL ME , would you call that man a hater .
WOULD YOU . would you call that man a hater . JUST cause he refused to repent of his warning .
JUST cause he didnt try to go back and say , HEY wait a minute , maybe i need to tone it down
i mean GOD IS LOVE , maybe i should try and be more LIKE THEM , maybe i should try and not expose their error
but rather just hug them to GOD . TELL ME .
CAUSE JESUS DIDNT SEEM TO CHANGE HIS MIND . JESUS DIDNT SEEM to be saying to them
OH DEAR , MAYBE I SHOULD TONE IT DOWN , maybe i should try and be as the world and that might win them .
NO HE SAID leave THEM BE . THEY ARE BLIND LEADERS OF THE BLIND .
WAS HE NON LOVING AND A HATER . BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS EYE BINGO . this seeker friendly all inclusive mess of crap
has DECIEVED the churches . into NOT CORRECTING SIN AND ERROR , it has decieved them all
right into a fat lie . a lie that any time one would dare to correct the sins and errors of any , SAYETH JUDGE NOT
JUDGE NOT , JUDGE NOT , lets just all find common ground . what a pharce .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol.. Lets see. who did they always point to?

Moses?
Abraham?
David?

Even in John 6. they pointed to moses as the one who gave them manna, When Moses did not give them anything God did

Yes, You did and I did. But are you saying the jew did not chose Barabbas over Jesus, they did nto scream crucify him?

If you believe Jesus died for your sins, why are you still trying to work for your forgiveness

Sorry bro

Paul said I have been saved (perfect tense) by grace. not that i will be saved

Jesus said I will never be cast out..

If you are waiting until you pass this world to know if your saved or not. What hope do you have?

John did not invent eternal security.

Until people stop looking to men as their guide and to see who to believe or not. They will be stuck in doctrines of men and not the truth

I trust what Jesus said. I do not trust those who say Jesus did not mean what he said..

I am just here to find the truth. and discuss it.

Would you like to discuss John 6? Or try to continue to defend a church?

God does not need his help to defend his church. He is capable..
that man just gave his sorry religon away big time . I SEEN what he wrote .
NOT UNTIL WE ARE DEAD and WITH GOD can we KNOW , KNOW we are saved .
HE TRUSTING IN HIS RELIGOIN and IN HIS CHURCH .
I AM TELLING US all RIGHT NOW , that if we think we cannot know we are saved , WE AINT .
CAUSE WHO THE HECK are we really trusting in , IF WE CANNOT TRUST IN CHRIST ALONE TO HAVE SAVED US .
THE WHORE IS A LIAR . A LIAR .
LOOK at what JOHN wrote to THE CHURCH .
then compare it to the harlots speech .
JOHN said THESE THINGS i am writing unto you , so that you may , KNOW
KNOW YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE , THAT YE MAY BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . BINGO .
THE devil is a liar and HE CAN use the name of JESUS CHRIST and yet he will preach another jesus and another gospel .
IF a man believes THERE IS NO WAY TO TRULY KNOW IF HE BE SAVED TILL HE DIE and stand before GOD .
THEN YOUTELL ME , WHAT ON EARTH IS HE TRUSTING IN TO SAVE HIM . SOUNDS LIKE HIS SELF and his works . AND THAT WONT SAVE HIM . HE has exposed himself my friend . THEY ALL deep down believe like this . THEY BELIEVE ITS THEIR CHURCH , ITS DOCTRINE
that can save them . HECK what a sad day this is . but i knew that is what and how they see things . TIME WE BIBLE UP .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhh - NO, you didn't.

That is truly a cowardly response, considering that it was YOU who made the following statement:
“Your history does not line up with the word of God. I will not listen to it because it rejects what Jesus said and made him a liar.”

If you’re going to shoot off at the mouth – make sure you can back it up with some actual
FACTS . . .
Go away my friend.

You always appear so angry. I just do not have time for your nonsense.

Discuss John 6. (this thread) or be gone.

I already proved my point, whether you agree with my proof is not my problem.

I responded to something SHE SAID. Take it up with her