"Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Faith" - Has 500 Years Taught Us Nothing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you what are the origins of such statements: from the god of the papacy - Lucifer.

Only Lucifer would inspire ignorant, stupid men to claim "we hold upon this Earth the place of God almighty" and "he (pope) is Jesus Christ, hidden under veil of flesh" and "thou art the Shepherd, thou art the Physician, thou art the governor, thou art the husbandman, thou finally, art another God on Earth."
Sooooo, you have no proof for your idiotic claims. That’s what I thought.
The origins of your LIES are from the FATHER of lies – Satan (John 8:44).

Don’t you know that bearing false witness is an offense to God??
Apparently not . . .

B

brakelite

The point is that without any actual EVIDENCE – the charge is impotent and worthless.
Are you blind? Seriously. Are you using Braille to type? Do you not see the photo I posted? Do you need me to describe it, because photographic evidence of crimes committed is the best evidence one can produce in court. CCTV is used whenever possible. It is accepted evidence as proof of guilt. Just in case you missed it the first time and my suggestion of your sight impairment is overstated, allow me to post the photo again.

View attachment 4667

B

brakelite

@BreadOfLife you still have not explained that if the Celtic church was so in line with the papacy, why is it she was so persecuted and the subject of papal political intrigue and the target for Catholic kings and Queens for the last 1500 years?
I could ask the same question regarding the church in India that became subject to the inquisition. And also again, the Waldenses... The Albigenses... You claim the Catholic church as being the only Christian church in Europe...I say you are bigoted and prejudiced in the extreme and willfully blind to history. You constant demand for so called proof when eye witnesses to atrocities have reported Catholic excess... Written documentary evidence from leading Catholic apologists and theologians testify to Catholic blasphemy... And you still claim you want proof.
One day God Himself shall stand before you and ask you proof of your blindness.

Last edited by a moderator:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you blind? Seriously. Are you using Braille to type? Do you not see the photo I posted? Do you need me to describe it, because photographic evidence of crimes committed is the best evidence one can produce in court. CCTV is used whenever possible. It is accepted evidence as proof of guilt. Just in case you missed it the first time and my suggestion of your sight impairment is overstated, allow me to post the photo again.

View attachment 4667
How is a photograph of the Pope sitting down “evidence” for Phpneyman’s loony “quotes”??
I asked for names, dates and publication for the phony “quotes” he presented.

How does your picture have ANYTHING to do with them??

It’s a no sequitur . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife you still have not explained that if the Celtic church was so in line with the papacy, why is it she was so persecuted and the subject of papal political intrigue and the target for Catholic kings and Queens for the last 1500 years?
I didn't say that the Celtic Church was ALWAYS in line with the Bishop of Rome.
That's why emissaries were SENT to Ireland, Einstein.

B

brakelite

How is a photograph of the Pope sitting down “evidence” for Phpneyman’s loony “quotes”??
I asked for names, dates and publication for the phony “quotes” he presented.

How does your picture have ANYTHING to do with them??

It’s a no sequitur . . .
KJV 2 Thessalonians 2
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 2 Thessalonians 2
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
The Pope doesn't claim to be God or demand to be worshipped.
This is just abject ignorance on YOUR part.

Don't just QUOTE Scripture until you learn what it actually MEANS . . .

B

brakelite

I didn't say that the Celtic Church was ALWAYS in line with the Bishop of Rome.
That's why emissaries were SENT to Ireland, Einstein.
Okay. Now we are getting somewhere. Though I disagree that the Celtic church moved away from their original apostolic teachings, I do agree that when Roman emissaries were sent to Ireland and Britain, they found a church there vastly different to their own. Which begs the question. On what ground did Rome believe she had the right either politically or spiritually to demand the Celtic church to change and come under Roman authority? And does Rrome still believe she had such authority to demand obedience from other Christan churches? Is that why you are here BoL?

B

brakelite

Look at the photo. He doesn't have to demand anything. His throne itself demands it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the photo. He doesn't have to demand anything. His throne itself demands it.
YOU are the type of person who judges people by appearance.
Do you do the same with people of color?

His CHAIR makes him “evil”??
What a STUPID thing to say . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. Now we are getting somewhere. Though I disagree that the Celtic church moved away from their original apostolic teachings, I do agree that when Roman emissaries were sent to Ireland and Britain, they found a church there vastly different to their own. Which begs the question. On what ground did Rome believe she had the right either politically or spiritually to demand the Celtic church to change and come under Roman authority? And does Rrome still believe she had such authority to demand obedience from other Christan churches? Is that why you are here BoL?

YOU
are the type of person who judges people by appearance.

The Bishop of Rome is the Successor to Peter, the Chief Apostle and earthly Shepherd (John 21:15-19) and the Rock upon whom Christ built His Church (Matt. 16:18-19). He is the earthly Head of the Church – Christ’s Vicar.

The Early Church FathersEAST AND WEST - agreed on the Primacy of Peter and his successors and that the Chair of Peter is where sacerdotal unity has its source:

Clement of Rome
Accept our counsel and you will have nothing to regret. . . . If anyone disobeys the things which have been said by him [Jesus] through us, let them know that they will involve themselves in no small danger. We, however, shall be innocent of this sin and will pray with entreaty and supplication that the Creator of all may keep unharmed the number of his elect (Letter to the Corinthians 58:2, 59:1[A.D. 95]).

Ignatius of Antioch
You [the See of Rome] have envied no one, but others have you taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force (Epistle to the Romans 3:1 [A.D. 110]).

Clement of Alexandria
[T]he blessed Peter, the chosen, the preeminent, the first among the disciples, for whom alone with himself the Savior paid the tribute [Matt. 17:27], quickly grasped and understood their meaning. And what does he say? “Behold, we have left all and have followed you” [Matt. 19:2 7, Mark 10:28] (Who is the Rich Man that is Saved? 21:3-5 [A.D. 200]).

Tertullian
[T]he Lord said to Peter, “On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven” [Matt. 16:18-19]. ... Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys, not to the Church; and whatever you shall have bound or you shall have loosed, not what they shall have bound or they shall have loosed (Modesty 21:9-10 [A.D. 220]).

Letter of Clement to James
Be it known to you, my lord, that Simon [Peter], who, for the sake of the true faith, and the most sure foundation of his doctrine, was set apart to be the foundation of the Church, and for this end was by Jesus himself, with his truthful mouth, named Peter, the first-fruits of our Lord, the first of the apostles; to whom first the Father revealed the Son; whom the Christ, with good reason, blessed; the called, and elect (Letter of Clement to James 2 [A.D, 221]).

Origen
And Peter, on whom the Church of Christ is built, against which the gates of hell shall not prevail left only one epistle of acknowledged genuineness (Commentaries on John 5:3 [A.D. 226-232]).

Cyprian
With a false bishop appointed for themselves by heretics, they dare even to set sail and carry letters from schismatics and blasphemers to the Chair of Peter and to the principal church [at Rome], in which sacerdotal unity has its source" (Epistle to Cornelius [Bishop of Rome] 59:14 [A.D. 252]).

Cyril of Jerusalem
In the power of the same Holy Spirit, Peter, both the chief of the apostles and the keeper of the keys of the kingdom of heaven, in the name of Christ healed Aeneas the paralytic at Lydda, which is now called Diospolis [Acts 9 ;3 2-3 4] (Catechetical Lectures 17;27 [A.D. 350]).

Optatus
In the city of Rome the Episcopal chair was given first to Peter, the chair in which Peter sat, the same who was head — that is why he is also called Cephas — of all the apostles, the one chair in which unity is maintained by all. Neither do the apostles proceed individually on their own, and anyone who would [presume to] set up another chair in opposition to that single chair would, by that very fact, be a schismatic and a sinner. . . . Recall, then, the origins of your chair, those of you who wish to claim for yourselves the title of holy Church" (The Schism of the Donatists 2:2 [circa A.D. 367]).

Ephraim
Simon, my follower, I have made you the foundation of the holy Church. I betimes called you Peter, because you will support all its tall buildings. You are the inspector of those who will build on earth a Church for Me. If they should wish to build what is false, you, the foundation, will condemn them. You are the head of the fountain from which my teaching flows, you are the chief of my disciples. Through you I will give drink to all peoples (Homilies 4:1 [inter A.D. 338-373]).

Ambrose of Milan
[Christ] made answer: “You are Peter, and upon this rock will I build my Church . . .” Could he not, then, strengthen the faith of the man to whom, acting on his own authority, he gave the kingdom, whom he called the rock, thereby declaring him to be the foundation of the Church [Matt. 16:18]? (The Faith 4:5 [A.D. 379]).

Augustine
Among these [apostles] Peter alone almost everywhere deserved to represent the whole Church. Because of that representation of the Church, which only he bore, he deserved to hear “I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven" (Sermons 295:2 [A.D. 411]).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – you just haven’t presented ANY evidence whatsoever.
The voices in your head are NOT evidence – but symptoms of some other malady . . .

What color is the sky in your world, Einstein?
Dead Bread, you've been shown so much evidence of your papal errors that even the entire global membership of the Flat Earth Society collectively can't compete with your unmatched abilities at stubborn denial.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, you have no proof for your idiotic claims. That’s what I thought.
The origins of your LIES are from the FATHER of lies – Satan (John 8:44).

Don’t you know that bearing false witness is an offense to God??
Apparently not . . .
To those who may be reading these inane babblings of Dead Bread, please Google any one of these statements for yourselves to see that no only are they factual, but they expose Dead Bread as a pathetic devotee to the papal Antichrist in Rome, the Earthly headquarters of Lucifer.

B

brakelite

YOU
are the type of person who judges people by appearance.

The Bishop of Rome is the Successor to Peter, the Chief Apostle and earthly Shepherd (John 21:15-19) and the Rock upon whom Christ built His Church (Matt. 16:18-19). He is the earthly Head of the Church – Christ’s Vicar.

The Early Church FathersEAST AND WEST - agreed on the Primacy of Peter and his successors and that the Chair of Peter is where sacerdotal unity has its source:

Clement of Rome
Accept our counsel and you will have nothing to regret. . . . If anyone disobeys the things which have been said by him [Jesus] through us, let them know that they will involve themselves in no small danger. We, however, shall be innocent of this sin and will pray with entreaty and supplication that the Creator of all may keep unharmed the number of his elect (Letter to the Corinthians 58:2, 59:1[A.D. 95]).

Ignatius of Antioch
You [the See of Rome] have envied no one, but others have you taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force (Epistle to the Romans 3:1 [A.D. 110]).

Clement of Alexandria
[T]he blessed Peter, the chosen, the preeminent, the first among the disciples, for whom alone with himself the Savior paid the tribute [Matt. 17:27], quickly grasped and understood their meaning. And what does he say? “Behold, we have left all and have followed you” [Matt. 19:2 7, Mark 10:28] (Who is the Rich Man that is Saved? 21:3-5 [A.D. 200]).

Tertullian
[T]he Lord said to Peter, “On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven” [Matt. 16:18-19]. ... Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys, not to the Church; and whatever you shall have bound or you shall have loosed, not what they shall have bound or they shall have loosed (Modesty 21:9-10 [A.D. 220]).

Letter of Clement to James
Be it known to you, my lord, that Simon [Peter], who, for the sake of the true faith, and the most sure foundation of his doctrine, was set apart to be the foundation of the Church, and for this end was by Jesus himself, with his truthful mouth, named Peter, the first-fruits of our Lord, the first of the apostles; to whom first the Father revealed the Son; whom the Christ, with good reason, blessed; the called, and elect (Letter of Clement to James 2 [A.D, 221]).

Origen
And Peter, on whom the Church of Christ is built, against which the gates of hell shall not prevail left only one epistle of acknowledged genuineness (Commentaries on John 5:3 [A.D. 226-232]).

Cyprian
With a false bishop appointed for themselves by heretics, they dare even to set sail and carry letters from schismatics and blasphemers to the Chair of Peter and to the principal church [at Rome], in which sacerdotal unity has its source" (Epistle to Cornelius [Bishop of Rome] 59:14 [A.D. 252]).

Cyril of Jerusalem
In the power of the same Holy Spirit, Peter, both the chief of the apostles and the keeper of the keys of the kingdom of heaven, in the name of Christ healed Aeneas the paralytic at Lydda, which is now called Diospolis [Acts 9 ;3 2-3 4] (Catechetical Lectures 17;27 [A.D. 350]).

Optatus
In the city of Rome the Episcopal chair was given first to Peter, the chair in which Peter sat, the same who was head — that is why he is also called Cephas — of all the apostles, the one chair in which unity is maintained by all. Neither do the apostles proceed individually on their own, and anyone who would [presume to] set up another chair in opposition to that single chair would, by that very fact, be a schismatic and a sinner. . . . Recall, then, the origins of your chair, those of you who wish to claim for yourselves the title of holy Church" (The Schism of the Donatists 2:2 [circa A.D. 367]).

Ephraim
Simon, my follower, I have made you the foundation of the holy Church. I betimes called you Peter, because you will support all its tall buildings. You are the inspector of those who will build on earth a Church for Me. If they should wish to build what is false, you, the foundation, will condemn them. You are the head of the fountain from which my teaching flows, you are the chief of my disciples. Through you I will give drink to all peoples (Homilies 4:1 [inter A.D. 338-373]).

Ambrose of Milan
[Christ] made answer: “You are Peter, and upon this rock will I build my Church . . .” Could he not, then, strengthen the faith of the man to whom, acting on his own authority, he gave the kingdom, whom he called the rock, thereby declaring him to be the foundation of the Church [Matt. 16:18]? (The Faith 4:5 [A.D. 379]).

Augustine
Among these [apostles] Peter alone almost everywhere deserved to represent the whole Church. Because of that representation of the Church, which only he bore, he deserved to hear “I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven" (Sermons 295:2 [A.D. 411]).
U huh. Again my friend you confirm how early the Apostasy arose in the Christian West. And your sources by the way are no more or less reliable than phonemans or mine. Some of what the ECFs said and taught was good, but all of it needs discernment, and none of it is scripture. Sadly, the RCC has based a lot of her doctrines on the teachings and traditions of the ECFs without that discernment.

B

brakelite

YOU are the type of person who judges people by appearance.

What a STUPID thing to say . . .
What is a throne of not a declaration of kingship? Your Pope proclaims himself a king...a king with authority to not only judge spiritual and civil matters, but as history reveals, stipulate what the punishment ought to be, and order"lesser" authorities (such as emperor's and presidents, kings and queens, prime minister's and all other ruling powers, according to the canons and beliefs of the papacy) to execute the sentence of that judgement. That my friend is taking over prerogatives that belong only to God. That is why every reformer, and that is why I, am fully justified in calling the papal system Antichrist. A man made system in the room of Christ...a man made system at the head of which is one who demands the redirection of obedience and obessience to itself instead of Christ...
I do not write this stuff BoL simply as a form of criticism to pull you down, or destroy your faith in God. On the contrary, I write in order that you will see that your faith is misdirected . That your institution has effectually removed God from the equation. God is honoured in name only. Jesus is the only one worthy to be seated upon the great White throne of judgement and authority. Your church had usurped that power, as indicated in the photo. Unless of course there is some other justification for such exaltation that a mere man should be called King of Kings.

Perhaps then you could explain the following title in the canons of Catholic literature?
Dominum Deum Nostrum Papam - Our Lord God the Pope
1543-34r-sm.jpg 1543-closeup.jpg 1543-Extra-title-sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, you've been shown so much evidence of your papal errors that even the entire global membership of the Flat Earth Society collectively can't compete with your unmatched abilities at stubborn denial.
To those who may be reading these inane babblings of Dead Bread, please Google any one of these statements for yourselves to see that no only are they factual, but they expose Dead Bread as a pathetic devotee to the papal Antichrist in Rome, the Earthly headquarters of Lucifer.
Then, why are YOU so afraid to supply the names and dates of the quotes??
Gee, couldn't be that it's all baloney, now could it??

That's what I thought . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, why are YOU so afraid to supply the names and dates of the quotes??
Gee, couldn't be that it's all baloney, now could it??

That's what I thought . . .
I've already done so in the past, Dead Bread - but you deny these statements that are found recorded in books bearing the stamp of the Imprimatur, which means "no heresy in here". ANYONE can google them and see for themselves the authenticity of them. How long will you claim yourself to be a papist, but deny the words of the papacy?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a throne of not a declaration of kingship? Your Pope proclaims himself a king...a king with authority to not only judge spiritual and civil matters, but as history reveals, stipulate what the punishment ought to be, and order"lesser" authorities (such as emperor's and presidents, kings and queens, prime minister's and all other ruling powers, according to the canons and beliefs of the papacy) to execute the sentence of that judgement. That my friend is taking over prerogatives that belong only to God. That is why every reformer, and that is why I, am fully justified in calling the papal system Antichrist. A man made system in the room of Christ...a man made system at the head of which is one who demands the redirection of obedience and obessience to itself instead of Christ...
I do not write this stuff BoL simply as a form of criticism to pull you down, or destroy your faith in God. On the contrary, I write in order that you will see that your faith is misdirected . That your institution has effectually removed God from the equation. God is honoured in name only. Jesus is the only one worthy to be seated upon the great White throne of judgement and authority. Your church had usurped that power, as indicated in the photo. Unless of course there is some other justification for such exaltation that a mere man should be called King of Kings.

Perhaps then you could explain the following title in the canons of Catholic literature?
Dominum Deum Nostrum Papam - Our Lord God the Pope
View attachment 4683 View attachment 4684 View attachment 4685
Ahhhh, yes – another ignorant anti-Catholic taking quotes OUT of context.
When will you guys EVER learn to do your homework??

The alleged “quote” actually appeared in the Protestant magazine Evangelical Christendom, January 1, 1895. It also appeared in another Protestant magazine, “Church Review,” in England, October 3, 1895. The article in the magazine charges Cardinal Sarto, Archbishop of Venice, with having stated those words in Venice. Cardinal Sarto was elected Pope in 1903.

But as soon as the charge was made in 1895 that Cardinal Sarto had said those words, he produced the manuscript of his discourse. What the Pope actually said is:

“The Pope REPRESENTS Jesus Christ Himself, and therefore is a loving father. The life of the Pope is a holocaust of love for the human family. His word is love; love, his weapon; love, the answer he gives to all who hate him; love, his flag, i.e., the Cross, which signed the greatest triumph on earth and in heaven.”

This is simply an affirmation of the Pope being the ‘representative’, or ‘Vicar’ of Christ and NOTHING else.

The Church has been dealing with lies and twisting if her truth for 2000 years because ignorant people like YOU simply swallow this garbage instead of doing your homework.

Your LIES are pathetic because, like EVERY other lie you utter about Christ’s Church – you must take things completely OUT of context in a vain attempt to make your impotent points . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already done so in the past, Dead Bread - but you deny these statements that are found recorded in books bearing the stamp of the Imprimatur, which means "no heresy in here". ANYONE can google them and see for themselves the authenticity of them. How long will you claim yourself to be a papist, but deny the words of the papacy?
Then, since YOU made the accusations and presented the alleged "quotes" - why don't YOU Google them and show us the authenticity, hmmmm?
You won't because you CAN'T because you know they're phony . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U huh. Again my friend you confirm how early the Apostasy arose in the Christian West. And your sources by the way are no more or less reliable than phonemans or mine. Some of what the ECFs said and taught was good, but all of it needs discernment, and none of it is scripture. Sadly, the RCC has based a lot of her doctrines on the teachings and traditions of the ECFs without that discernment.
Yes - ALL of the Early Chgurch Fathers were "Apostate" until the Father of YOUR cult, William Miller came on the scene in the 19th century with his phony-baloney "prophecies" about Christ's supposed Return - which NEVER came.

The putrid filth continued to spew from the mouth of the Mother of your sect, Ellen G. White and HER failed prophecies - but it was the Early Church Fathers who were all "apostate".
What a load of anti-historical manure.

Remember: Just ONE failed prophecy makes a FALSE PROPHET. - and your SDA cult had them in spades . . .

Last edited: