Judaizers! They Live!!!! They walk among us!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is easy
Matthew 19:8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way.

It's not that God's law was wrong. As Jesus said, He made allowances for the hardness of men's hearts.

I'm convinced that the Mosaic law was instituted because Israel refused to listen to God directly. They were afraid and told Moses to hear from God just like they were afraid to enter the Promised Land. The law was harsh because of their unbelief and because of the evils they brought with them out of Egypt--the mystery religions that are now the basis for mysticism....

Edit: Ex 20:18-21--All the people witnessed the thunder and lightning, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain surrounded by smoke. When the people saw it they trembled and stood at a distance. “You speak to us, and we will listen,” they said to Moses, “but don’t let God speak to us, or we will die.”
Moses responded to the people, “Don’t be afraid, for God has come to test you, so that you will fear Him and will not sin.” And the people remained standing at a distance as Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when Christ corrected the eye for an eye Law He did not even give it the respect of calling it a Law just, you have heard it said.
I don't believe that Jesus "corrected" anything from the Mosaic law, which was given to Israel for the reasons I talked about in my last post--mostly because their hearts were evil.

BTW, as I stated before, I am a firm believer that Christians are not under the law given through Moses.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not that God's law was wrong. As Jesus said, He made allowances for the hardness of men's hearts.

I'm convinced that the Mosaic law was instituted because Israel refused to listen to God directly. They were afraid and told Moses to hear from God just like they were afraid to enter the Promised Land. The law was harsh because of their unbelief and because of the evils they brought with them out of Egypt--the mystery religions that are now the basis for mysticism....

Moses was not suppose to be making allowances for anything! It was God's Law. The Israelites were told it was God's Law. Moses did not say, "Stay right here I am going to go up on the mountain and come up with a bunch Laws!" This is what I am concerned about, mind control to the the point that you can read something this simple and not get it!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The law was harsh because of their unbelief and because of the evils they brought with them out of Egypt.

Old debate lol The Mosaic Law is not a reflection of God's will, God's character, God's morals, it is a reflection of the evils of Man.
Now that is mystic. You have to be kidding me! You do not believe that.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Moses was not suppose to be making allowances for anything! It was God's Law. The Israelites were told it was God's Law. Moses did not say, "Stay right here I am going to go up on the mountain and come up with a bunch Laws!" This is what I am concerned about, mind control to the the point that you can read something this simple and not get it!

I said that God made allowances, not Moses.

I suppose you consider studying God's word mind control? :confused:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when Christ corrected the eye for an eye Law He did not even give it the respect of calling it a Law just, you have heard it said.

Could you explains this, please? Which law would that be?

Exodus 21:23-25 But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

How does this compare to

Matthew 5:38-39 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

(This was in the post, not pointed at you Prayer Warrior)
Christ does not even give this the dignity of calling it a Law. You have heard it was said…. But for those that want to preach that the Mosaic Law is so good and so morale, should we consider forgetting what Christ said. Should we try to mingle them a little…put them in the same wineskins? Is what Christ said a fulfillment of the Law or a correction? Or a reversal? What is the fulfillment? Is it that Christ was the fulfillment of the Old Testament as a whole? I vote for that. But still there will be those that want to bring the Mosaic Law into Christianity because it is such a good spirit of morality. “We observe them in spirit!!!” That is talking out the side of your mouth in the real!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law was harsh because of their unbelief and because of the evils they brought with them out of Egypt.

Old debate lol The Mosaic Law is not a reflection of God's will, God's character, God's morals, it is a reflection of the evils of Man.
Now that is mystic. You have to be kidding me! You do not believe that.
God gave a law that is contrary to who He is??? Or did Moses make it up? Maybe he was talking to himself up on the mountain.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave a law that is contrary to who He is??? Or did Moses make it up? Maybe he was talking to himself up on the mountain.

My point is...that is not what happened. You said, The law was harsh because of their unbelief and because of the evils they brought with them out of Egypt.

I said it was an Old debate lol The Mosaic Law is not a reflection of God's will, God's character, God's morals, it is a reflection of the evils of Man. I have heard this faulty analogy before.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ does not even give this the dignity of calling it a Law. You have heard it was said…. But for those that want to preach that the Mosaic Law is so good and so morale, should we consider forgetting what Christ said. Should we try to mingle them a little…put them in the same wineskins? Is what Christ said a fulfillment of the Law or a correction? Or a reversal? What is the fulfillment? Is it that Christ was the fulfillment of the Old Testament as a whole? I vote for that. But still there will be those that want to bring the Mosaic Law into Christianity because it is such a good spirit of morality. “We observe them in spirit!!!” That is talking out the side of your mouth in the real!

The law had its purpose as Paul pointed out here:

Galatians 3:19-26--Why then was the law given? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise was made would come. The law was put into effect through angels by means of a mediator. Now a mediator is not for just one person, but God is one. Is the law therefore contrary to God’s promises? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that was able to give life, then righteousness would certainly be by the law. But the Scripture has imprisoned everything under sin’s power, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. Before this faith came, we were confined under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith was revealed. The law, then, was our guardian until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith. But since that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

I think you know that I don't want to bring the Mosaic law into Christianity. And I don't believe that we are to observe the Mosaic law in spirit. We are no longer under the tutor that led us to Christ, but the tutor was not evil. It is good and had its purpose!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is...that is not what happened. You said, The law was harsh because of their unbelief and because of the evils they brought with them out of Egypt.

I said it was an Old debate lol The Mosaic Law is not a reflection of God's will, God's character, God's morals, it is a reflection of the evils of Man. I have heard this faulty analogy before.
What faulty analogy are you talking about?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this case, Christ said Moses made allowances for the hardness of their hearts
I believe that Jesus was referring to the Mosaic law, but I guess that we could go round and round about this. I think it's splitting hairs.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What faulty analogy are you talking about?[/QUO

In other words I have heard people try to explain that Mosaic Law was so cruel and unfair because it reflected the evils of Man.
I do not agree with that.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law had its purpose as Paul pointed out here:

Galatians 3:19-26--Why then was the law given? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise was made would come. The law was put into effect through angels by means of a mediator. Now a mediator is not for just one person, but God is one. Is the law therefore contrary to God’s promises? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that was able to give life, then righteousness would certainly be by the law. But the Scripture has imprisoned everything under sin’s power, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. Before this faith came, we were confined under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith was revealed. The law, then, was our guardian until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith. But since that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

I think you know that I don't want to bring the Mosaic law into Christianity. And I don't believe that we are to observe the Mosaic law in spirit. We are no longer under the tutor that led us to Christ, but the tutor was not evil. It is good and had its purpose!

How many bad things did Paul say about the Law?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that the law was cruel and unfair at all. God is not cruel and unfair. Well, maybe by today's politically correct standards.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Jesus was referring to the Mosaic law, but I guess that we could go round and round about this. I think it's splitting hairs.

Far from splitting hairs....it is a big deal. You know Hebrews....If the Old Covenant was not faulty there would be not reason for a New Covenant.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many bad things did Paul say about the Law?
I don't believe that Paul said anything "bad" about the law. He was really down on anyone who tried to place the burden of the law on the backs of Christians. And he harshly criticized the Galatians for thinking that they could begin their new life in Christ by the Spirit in faith and continue it according to the law in the flesh.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far from splitting hairs....it is a big deal. You know Hebrews....If the Old Covenant was not faulty there would be not reason for a New Covenant.

The Old Covenant had its place until the New was instituted through Messiah. The Old was good. The New is better!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that the law was cruel and unfair at all. God is not cruel and unfair. Well, maybe by today's politically correct standards.

Politically correct standards! You have to be kidding me.....
Women were property.
Fathers sold their daughter into slavery.
Kill all that breaths and don't forget the babies, but you can save the virgins for yourselves.
If a woman does not bleed on her wedding, you can stone her to death and leave her body on her father's doorstep.
Divorce that old lady so you can have a younger wife...which was a death sentence in that time period.
Get even...eye for eye
And I can go on and on. You have to be joking!