Jumping to Conclusions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to start this topic for @My Dreams because I owe him a public apology. I think a lot of the time why we jump to conclusions about someone is that we have an experience with a certain kind of person say it be an African American and that they're really mean to us and then we become racists and think that all of them are like that even though it's not true. Well, due to the fact that I have had bad experiences with people from Africa and India in the past of wanting my personal information and money, (both online and in real life not to mention the fact the tragic occurrence of 911 and people from Islamic countries) I was scared to death to talk to him because even though it stated the fact that he was a Christian I couldn't trust him that he would respect my privacy.

Turns out, all my worrying was for nothing because he's one of the nicest people I've met on here and I feel really bad for trying to avoid him and his messages now. So again,.. I am really, REALLY sorry buddy. :( He also knows really good English and was teaching me a bit of Hindu. :D

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I wanted to start this topic for @My Dreams because I owe him a public apology. I think a lot of the time why we jump to conclusions about someone is that we have an experience with a certain kind of person say it be an African American and that they're really mean to us and then we become racists and think that all of them are like that even though it's not true. Well, due to the fact that I have had bad experiences with people from Africa and India in the past of wanting my personal information and money, (both online and in real life not to mention the fact the tragic occurrence of 911 and people from Islamic countries) I was scared to death to talk to him because even though it stated the fact that he was a Christian I couldn't trust him that he would respect my privacy.

Turns out, all my worrying was for nothing because he's one of the nicest people I've met on here and I feel really bad for trying to avoid him and his messages now. So again,.. I am really, REALLY sorry buddy. :( He also knows really good English and was teaching me a bit of Hindu. :D

Thanks AR
What to say but let's hope God will remove the tares from the wheat soon and burn it.
May God bless you richly, for this post

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isn't he though!!! Just a really loving person. I enjoy hearing about his ministry.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Thank you but what does that mean? The wheat thing I mean.

When you shared this post I remembered this parable

Matthew 13:24-30
New King James Version

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’ ”

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you but what does that mean? The wheat thing I mean.

Tares are from the enemy. So Jesus teaches a parable of how Christians are like wheat and those who are not of God are tares.

Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away. But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ And he said to them, ‘An enemy has done this!’ The slaves *said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’ But he *said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’ ”
Matthew 13:24‭-‬30 NASB1995

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

New King James Version

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’ ”

I just jumped on that opportunity to share scripture. LOL

Sorry @April_Rose
Double whammy. But two different translations. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't he though!!! Just a really loving person. I enjoy hearing about his ministry.

Yeah, I guess it's sort of similar to the fact that I used to be terrified of God. People (from my old Baptist church) screamed at me about Him and made Him appear angry and that I was counting my sins and I hated going to church. When people told me I was sinning by not wanting to come there I stopped going altogether because I was tired of being afraid and judged. For a long while I was scared of Baptists too until I met @JohnDB and found out that he doesn't like people like that as much as I do since there is a difference from being preached to and preached at.

New King James Version

So does the tare represent sin or anything negative then? (I have learning disabilities so please go slow with me. :) )

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, for the record I attend a Methodist church now and even though I've been following a lot of his posts before, today is the day I feel where I have officially befriended @My Dreams. :) (He also claims to speak broken English but so far I haven't seen it. He speaks better English than me and I've been speaking it for about thirty years LOL XD)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So does the tare represent sin or anything negative then? (I have learning disabilities so please go slow with me. :) )
From online Bible dictionary:

Tares. the bearded darnel, mentioned only in Matthew 13:25-30. It is the Lolium temulentum, a species of rye-grass, the seeds of which are a strong soporific poison. It bears the closest resemblance to wheat till the ear appears, and only then the difference is
discovered. It grows plentifully in Syria and Palestine.

It is a real thing found in the fields of wheat, which needs to be removed so as to not spoil the good food content of the wheat. Yet as you see during the growing phase it looks like good wheat so they wait until late in the season when it is easy to see the difference.

This is something too often seen in churches. People sometimes put on a good show as if they really good followers of Christ [the wheat] when they are really playing games and only care about getting what they want and don't concern themselves about the pain inflicted on others [tares].

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 25:8-18
8 Don't jump to conclusions - there may be a perfectly good explanation for what you just saw.
9 In the heat of an argument, don't betray confidences;
10 Word is sure to get around, and no one will trust you.
11 The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry,
12 And a wise friend's timely reprimand is like a gold ring slipped on your finger.
13 Reliable friends who do what they say are like cool drinks in sweltering heat - refreshing!
14 Like billowing clouds that bring no rain is the person who talks big but never produces.
15 Patient persistence pierces through indifference; gentle speech breaks down rigid defenses. A Person Without Self-Control
16 When you're given a box of candy, don't gulp it all down; eat too much chocolate and you'll make yourself sick;
17 And when you find a friend, don't outwear your welcome; show up at all hours and he'll soon get fed up.
18 Anyone who tells lies against the neighbors in court or on the street is a loose cannon

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tares are from the enemy. So Jesus teaches a parable of how Christians are like wheat and those who are not of God are tares.
Cutting people slack is God's way. Many things are said of which the speaker is mixed up about. There is need for long-suffering ....the word says it all.....just as God is long-suffering with us.

There are many faults and misconceptions among God's people. Someone once said to me, you can't spin the Queen Mary around on a dime. I hope you understand the analogy.