*Just a chatting place *

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until they get older and have to give it up for a trainer mug, then they become ' fussy ' !!lol ( or was that just my children xx

Pretty much we call "training" cups/mugs, "sippy cups".

I love children, and had a philosophy about raising kids...
1) for the parent to be the leader, not the follower.
2) know what you expect of your child, and get THEM to ask you, for what you want them to do!
3) Ans as they grow in maturity, explain the whys.

Can't say for others...but guess I was fortunate to not have too much fussiness with kids to deal with. ;)

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
@ByGrace
First, happy belated birthday. second, I just read your post in "what's the weather is like". yes, I'm not posting as much as before, on to some new studies and revelations. and only a few topic interest me now.

but glad you had a good birthday, and hope you have many more. also tell the "MR" I said hello. be good, and stay safe in Christ Jesus.

PICJAG.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So anyway, my Dog's primping day went good....even though no one asked....LOL

Thought I would share a tip, in case anyone else does their own dogs nail clipping.

If you roll up a small piece of aluminum foil and push it though the little space where the dogs nail goes and snip the foil about 8 times it will sharpen the nail clipping blade.
IFY, I use foil to sharpen scissors too, by just cutting into flat foil.

PS ~ No Tip Fee required...:D

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Thought I would share a tip, in case anyone else does their own dogs nail clipping.

If you roll up a small piece of aluminum foil and push it though the little space where the dogs nail goes and snip the foil about 8 times it will sharpen the nail clipping blade.

em
God Bless,
Taken

We had a Shepherd in fact we have had three shepherd in all ...I don't remember cutting the first ones nails at all...I don't even remember looking at them. Eeek hope she was okay...back then we were in our 20's, and she lived 12 years ..so all seemed good.

The one before this dog was a wimp, I cut his nails and he'd yell like he was being murdered. But got treat after ward.
I only had to show him the clipper and he'd yell.
The one we have now , we got smart..we got the battery powered grinder type.
( like sandpaper on a roller..) you only have to hold their claw on the grinder and it buzzed the claw down. She does "like" it, because the grinder sounds like a mans shaver...but it's quick, easy and safe...and worth it's weight in gold.

I'm in Canada, so it would be cheaper for you on your Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/Oster-Gentle-...ocphy=9001330&hvtargid=pla-305567833170&psc=1

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol - this is England we are talking about, the manager would have still had a cup and saucer, there was a more distinct class stystem in place ( can you imagine the queen having a mug ! )
I am ' common ' so it's okay for me to have one x
Rita

I bet you bottom dollar that the Queen has a mug.
When she is out with her headscarf on she looks very much mug person..I bet she hate the silly cups and saucers don't you think? :D

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praise the Lord.

You all know I have been worried about John/Amadeus...
I’ve written and sent a message etc but heard from him tonight.
At the end of his email he said :- Quote

< I was spending too much time on the forum and accomplishing so little it seems. Now I am overhauling my stamp collection consolidating things so as to require less physical space. This makes more room in the spare closet which was originally stamps only. Now I've moved most of it out into my study but the sorting continues so I can soon getting back to preparing more stamp to sell. When that happens some days from now, I will probably be checking back into the forum again. Say hello to our friends in common there.

Give God the glory!

John> (Amadeus. )

I was so happy to hear from him :)...so wanted to share he greetings with all you who are missing his presence on here. For me he was always a stabilizing balance.
I guess we all get times of saying to ourself- “What am I accomplishing on the Site, am I wasting my time there." I know I do...quite often.
So John is having some “time out” for a while.
I’m just glad that he or Kathy are not sick. Yay!!

BTW while we are checking on old friends here @Truth ..you don’t drop by here very much ...you are not forgotten .♥︎

Blessings...Helen

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise the Lord.

< I was spending too much time on the forum and accomplishing so little it seems. Now I am overhauling my stamp collection consolidating things so as to require less physical space. This makes more room in the spare closet which was originally stamps only. Now I've moved most of it out into my study but the sorting continues so I can soon getting back to preparing more stamp to sell. When that happens some days from now, I will probably be checking back into the forum again. Say hello to our friends in common there.

Give God the glory!

John> (Amadeus. )

I was so happy to hear from him :)...so wanted to share he greetings with all you who are missing his presence on here. For me he was always a stabilizing balance.
I guess we all get times of saying to ourself- “What am I accomplishing on the Site, am I wasting my time there." I know I do...quite often.

BTW while we are checking on old friends here @Truth ..you don’t drop by here very much ...you are not forgotten .♥︎

Blessings...Helen

Well they say that over time it get's better, Or should I say it get's easier, I have not found it to be true at this time, Anyway most of you are not forgotten either!! I have wondered about Triumph 1300, Gary- Hope He is OK, there seam's to be a trend with Cancer amongst people I know around here, and it make's it harder to put what has happened behind me! Love you All, and I hope Yahovah Bless you all, in Yashua's Name.

B

Butterfly

I bet you bottom dollar that the Queen has a mug.
When she is out with her headscarf on she looks very much mug person..I bet she hate the silly cups and saucers don't you think? :D
Yes, you could be right, when she is ar balmoral x

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a Shepherd in fact we have had three shepherd in all ...I don't remember cutting the first ones nails at all...I don't even remember looking at them. Eeek hope she was okay...back then we were in our 20's, and she lived 12 years ..so all seemed good.

The one before this dog was a wimp, I cut his nails and he'd yell like he was being murdered. But got treat after ward.
I only had to show him the clipper and he'd yell.
The one we have now , we got smart..we got the battery powered grinder type.
( like sandpaper on a roller..) you only have to hold their claw on the grinder and it buzzed the claw down. She does "like" it, because the grinder sounds like a mans shaver...but it's quick, easy and safe...and worth it's weight in gold.

I'm in Canada, so it would be cheaper for you on your Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/Oster-Gentle-...ocphy=9001330&hvtargid=pla-305567833170&psc=1

Thanks. I have seen those advertised but had bought the clippers and find they work well IF they are kept sharp. I use a heavy emory board and do a few swipes around the under edges of the nails. In my case I presume it is helpful that I have a cooperative dog that lays still. :)

Thanks,
God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW....the US weather!!

SIGNS...of Gods Power to Behold.

Glory to God,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, you could be right, when she is ar balmoral x

Oh my golly, when I read you quoting me..I see all the mistakes...I seem to miss the last letter on many words!! How lazy of me never to check for mistakes before I post. My bad.

I haven't checked, but I presume you all, @Pearl ....saw the post with an update about Amadeus?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well they say that over time it get's better, Or should I say it get's easier, I have not found it to be true at this time, Anyway most of you are not forgotten either!! I have wondered about Triumph 1300, Gary- Hope He is OK, there seam's to be a trend with Cancer amongst people I know around here, and it make's it harder to put what has happened behind me! Love you All, and I hope Yahovah Bless you all, in Yashua's Name.

So glad that you checked in Glenn.
I don't think that we ever 'get over' the loss of a spouse.
A friend of mine lost her husband to the dreaded C, and when I was visiting I started talking about him. She started smiling from ear to ear and said.
Do you know you are the first one who has talked about Tony, it seems like everyone else is too afraid to bring up his name to me. I WANT to talk about Tony.

I have my very close friend of 25 years here who is on constant chemotherapy every other week and has been for a year. Not to save her, but to give her quality of life..and she is hanging in..and wants a victorious passing- in that she did not come under it, but pushing on in spite of it.
Another one we lost last week, know her 45 years very close.
I don't think I could ever be as positive as her, she was on facebook every day with encouraging scriptures and praising God. She said that she didn't want to leave everyone behind, but she was looking forward to heaven and seeing the Father and knew she'd see us all later. She was amazing. Not sure I have that much overcoming in me!

Yes cancer is an evil thief, and a destroyer.... I think we know his name!!!

Oh, before I forget... Gary is doing well. He posts his photo's every day on facebook, and seem to be active and happy.
Though the speed of his wife being instantly killed was so traumatic and a shock. One moment talking to her in the car, next moment GONE!!
Gary does not have a painful memory of not being able to help a loved one in the hours of need. So the 'departures' were very different.

Bless you, love and prayers...Helen

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God Bless,
Taken

Good to know these little hacks ;) Ty!

Reactions: Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise the Lord.

Give God the glory!

John> (Amadeus. )

Blessings...Helen

Well, praise The Lord! So happy he and his wife are doing alright. His presence is missed on here and, glad he plans to pop in again.
Thank you for sharing Helen ♥

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to know these little hacks ;) Ty!

Welcome. BTW, I buy coffee for a drip coffee maker. The coffee cans, or should I say plastic tubs, are sealed with aluminum foil, then a plastic lid. I use that foil regularly to sharpen my kitchen shears and junk drawer scissors... ;)

God Bless,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome. BTW, I buy coffee for a drip coffee maker. The coffee cans, or should I say plastic tubs, are sealed with aluminum foil, then a plastic lid. I use that foil regularly to sharpen my kitchen shears and junk drawer scissors... ;)

God Bless,
Taken

Very resourceful! I recently bought a sharpening stone for my dogs clippers but, seems I use it more for my kitchen knives and scissors. I saw some of the posts when you were talking about clipping your dogs nails...I have 3 mini schnauzers and all have black nails. I get nervous, especially with 2 of the 3 as they tend to jerk their leg as I'm about to clip...long short (lol) I just purchased a new pair of nail clippers that have a guard on them and will try that soon. They just had them done so, I will wait a couple weeks.

BTW-they are much better with the hair clippers...and that is what I bought the sharpening stone for, not the "nail" clippers...DOH!

Reactions: Taken and Helen