Just before the return of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the scripture (esp the words of Jesus) ...
what are three of the 'will fill the earth' issues that will permeate societies just before the return of Jesus Christ ??

1. perversions --- as it was in the days of Lot ....
2. Corruption --- as it was in the days of Noah ....
3. Violence --- as it was in the days of Noah ....

For more information concerning the character of mankind in the last days (perilous times shall come) .... see: II Timothy 3
2 Timothy 03

..... Jesus: "You are Salt (not Sugar) and Light" --- Matthew 5:13-16

Last edited:

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.1 Perversions - As in the days of Lot .....

KJV - Jude 7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner,
giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh,
are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

-----------------------------------
NIV - Jude 7 - In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns
gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.
They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the scripture (esp the words of Jesus) ...
what are three of the 'will fill the earth' issues that will permeate societies just before the return of Jesus Christ ??

For more information concerning the character of mankind in the last days (perilous times shall come) .... see: II Timothy 3
2 Timothy 03

..... Jesus: "You are Salt (not Sugar) and Light" --- Matthew 5:13-16
I think what I like about this is that Jesus will return instead of God destroying us perhaps?

Reactions: dadman

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what I like about this is that Jesus will return instead of God destroying us perhaps?
I do believe that God (Jesus) will come to take his own (rapture) then 7 years of hell on Earth (as mentioned above) and then .....
His glorious return to establish his millennial reign with his Saints

all of these

these are the precursors / the storm clouds on the horizon

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that God (Jesus) will come to take his own (rapture) then 7 years of hell on Earth (as mentioned above) and then .....
His glorious return to establish his millennial reign with his Saints
Yeah I guess I believe something like that, not sure if it is 100% the same idea but definitely similar.

Reactions: dadman

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Back to the Future​

Imagine pulling a book off the shelf of your local library and finding a detailed, graphic description of the final moments of human history. The rise of a world leader with bizarre supernatural power, widespread war, destruction on a scale not known since history began, and a final showdown between righteousness and evil. The story rivals the most creative and fantastic science fiction ... But it’s all real .... That, declares John MacArthur, is what you find in arguably the Bible’s most popular and most popularly misunderstood book: Revelation .... And that’s where John takes you in Back to the Future, a panoramic introduction to this amazing book, covering highlights from beginning to end ......... gty.org

Last edited:

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'for God so loved the World.....' does God destroy what he loves?
well, indeed God is love .... but love is not God's only attribute .... love runs along side mercy / vengeance / forgiveness / justice , all under the umbrella of God's Holiness .. they work in concert with one another, not in leu of one another ..... man still has the decision to make .... ultimately, God will place those in the place that they have been praying for all their lives ... either with him for eternity or apart from him for eternity ..... yes, the 'gate to destruction' is wide and is characterized by those who WILL not believe .... Matthew 7:13-14

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well, indeed God is love .... but love is not God's only attribute .... love runs along side mercy / vengeance / forgiveness / justice , all under the umbrella of God's Holiness .. they work in concert with one another, not in leu of one another ..... man still has the decision to make .... ultimately, God will place those in the place that they have been praying for all their lives ... either with him for eternity or apart from him for eternity ..... yes, the 'gate to destruction' is wide and is characterized by those who WILL not believe .... Matthew 7:13-14

Wouldn't that be like saying life and death are the same thing?
Self honesty is a fundamental requirement if truth of any strip is to be arrived at.....and self honesty is mindful of assumptions which contradict.